Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To (154569 Views)

Top 10 Countries With The Highest Salaries (photos) / Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? / What Country Can A Nigeria Easily Migrate To Without Much Travel Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 9:14am On Sep 21, 2013
Here's some interesting news of the best places to migrate to for the best living standards. if you meet the requirements. There are a whole lot more beautiful places in the world but these have been selected based on the following CRITERIA– 1. Quality of Living, 2. Safety,3. Employment Rate and Average daily wages 4. Language Spoken

Other opinions are welcome wink

10. U.S.A. – U.S.A is the world’s most powerful country. The Whole world do business on $US. That is a symbol of stability.There are people from different communities from all over the world here which provides safety. US have a strong social security system and a
Per capita income of about $45,000
However, the unemployment rate is 8.9% ,which is quite huge. Also US has tough rules for migrants, especially now that visa lottery entrance for Nigerians have been stopped. cry

9. NEWZEALAND – New Zealand is an island country in the south-western Pacific Ocean. Its population is just above 40 million and density per km. Is 20. Most of the people speak English. Main occupation is agriculture, which constitutes 28% of export . Standard of living in Newzealand is very high. Its an easy country to migrate if your professional skills are required. Low IELTS bands are required.

8. NETHERLANDS – Netherlands, which also includes most of present-day Belgium, Luxembourg, and some land of France and Germany is one of the best countries to migrate to.The weather is great here, average temperature in the summer is 10 degree Celsius and in winters which comes in January it goes as low as 0. Education is compulsory between the age 4 and 16 and partially between 16 to 18. But the official language in Netherlands is Dutch. The per capita income here is $46000 which is more than US. Also the unemployment rate is just 4.6% here.

7. Luxembourg – The country has a highly developed economy, with the world's highest GDP per capita($105,000) according to the IMF and World Bank. Three languages are recognised as official in Luxembourg: French, German, and Luxembourgish but English is spoken by a lot of people . Luxembourg's stable, high-income economy features moderate growth, low inflation, and low unemployment. Unemployment rate is under 5%. Main occupations in Luxembourg steel,transportation and communication.

6. Australia – Australia is a country in the Southern Hemisphere. Although most of Australia is semi-arid or desert but its eastern part is livable where temperature remains 10-20 degree Celsius. Standard of living is very high and per capita income is $55,500. Unemployment rate is 4.9%. But you need to be on their skills shortage list to be considered for immigration

5. Canada – Canada is a country full of variations. People from all around the world have migrated here. Official languages are French and English. Standard is living is very high here. People here are safe. It is a beautiful country attracting so may people around the world. Also it is an relatively easy country to migrate to.

4. Liechtenstein .– You probably never heard of this one lol! It a small country with just area of 164km sq and population of 35,700 . But it’s a rich country and its unemployment rate is 1.5%, lowest in the world. Per capita income is $113,000. Official language here is German.

3. Denmark – It’s the happiest country in the world. While the per capita income is $ 55,200 unemployment rate is below 5%. Official language is danish though a few people speak English.

2. Switzerland – Switzerland the world’s most beautiful country attracting a lot of tourist every year. Standard of living of people here is very high. Social security system is very strong. Per capita income is $67,000 which is very high and a very stable economy. But the problem is that ,migration rules in Switzerland are quite tough

1. Norway – Norway has been ranked number one by Human Development Index . Official language here is Norwegian but most people understand English. Standard of living is the highest in the world. The southern and western parts of Norway experience more precipitation and have milder winters than the southeastern part. Export revenues from oil and gas have risen to 45% of total exports and constitute more than 20% of the GDP. All in all it’s the best country in world to migrate to. If you want to go as a student go for Oslo University ,it offers huge scholarships.

source http://www.jasica.in/2011/03/top-10-countries-to-migrate-in-world.html

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by kenjudy(m): 10:41am On Sep 21, 2013
What are d requirements for migrating to norway not as student?
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Oladecoolz(m): 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2013
As a student what are d requirements?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 9:17am On Sep 24, 2013
kenjudy: What are d requirements for migrating to norway not as student?

You can be granted a residence permit as a jobseeker if you are a skilled worker and you are a resident from the country where visa is a requirement to enter Norway like Nigeria.

To migrate to Norway not as a student is possible through The Skilled job seeker visa.
The Skilled Jobseeker visa is issued for a period of 6 months as a residence permit and this allows a foreign skilled worker to search for jobs during his stay in Norway.
Religious workers/Teachers and ethnic cooks are not eligible for a Jobseeker visa considering the competence requirements are more stringent.

As a skilled job worker you must possess relevant qualifications to the nominated occupation which covers Vocational training, Craft certificates, University Qualifications or Special qualifications equivalent to the level of Norwegian standards.

You must have sufficient funds to live in Norway for the intended stay. This currently corresponds to NOK 103,950 for six months which is approximately NGN2,821,550.

The Jobseekers who are successful in securing a job can apply for a skilled worker residence permit with the sponsorship from a local employer.
The employer can lodge the skilled worker residence permit for the applicant or this can be directly filed by the applicant in the closest Embassy or consulate office in the country where he/she has stayed for the last 6 months.
This permit also forms to Permanent residency in Norway after completing 3 years of residence.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2013
Oladecoolz: As a student what are d requirements?

For application of a students' residence permit or student visa in Norway the student has to submit the following documents:

1. An application form for student residence with a passport photograph.
2. A copy of passport.
3. Documentation of admission to an approved educational institution with the applicant’s name, institution’s name and course and duration of the program. (The course/programme must be full-time and approved for financial support from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund. This also applies for students who have financing from other sources and do not intend to seek support from the Loan Fund.)
4. A plan of study. This gives details of the study program.
5. Documentation of housing. (Approved documentation includes a lease copy for a house, an apartment or a room issued by a private person or company. Apartments/rooms provided by the institution's own Student Housing organisation must also be documented with a lease copy.
6. Documentation of subsistence, i.e documents to prove you have the financial muscle to cater for yourself during studies this could be a
loan from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund or your own private fund deposits in a Norwegian bank.

NOTE: A student residence permit to Norway is granted under the precondition that the student will return to his/her country of legal permanent residence upon completion of the studies, however students after completion of their courses can proceed to apply for a job seekers visa if they are able to meet its conditions as explained in the previous post.

Working permit for students
A student residence permit (VISA)does not confer the right to take employment in Norway. However, students may apply for part-time work permit and/or a permit to work during vacations when employment would not interfere with their study progress. Full-time employment for a restricted period of time may also be applied for.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by adepojuot: 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
thanks for the this info,how can I apply as a tourist from Nigeria to Liechtenstein??I mean Liechtenstein tourist visa.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by adepojuot: 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
How can I apply for Liechtenstein visa as tourist from Nigeria??

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 7:16am On Sep 25, 2013
adepojuot: How can I apply for Liechtenstein visa as tourist from Nigeria??

Liechtenstein is quite a small country with no boarder patrol set up of its own separating it from Switzerland, hence it depends on the latter for control of those entering its boarders. This therefore means for Nigerians looking to get into Liechtenstein, its better they apply for a Swizz visa through Switzerland embassy on which further details about your intention to visit Liechtenstein should be stated. Liechtenstein as a country does not require a visa for Nigerian tourists visiting not more than three months in the country.
So if you intend to visit Liechtenstein via Switzerland, these are the requirement for a Switzerland tourist visa application:

A Filled out and signed Switzerland tourist visa application form

B Original, signed Nigeria passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.

C Passport-type photograph: 1

D Itinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or itinerary.

E Medical travel insurance (Schengen). with a minimum coverage of € 30,000 and validity for all Schengen states.

F Bank Statement. Copies of bank statements from the past 3 months.

G Employment Letter. Copy of a letter from your employer on business letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. If you are self-employed, include a copy of your business license and tax return. For students, please submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.

H Hotel Reservations. Copy of the Hotel Reservations, OR

I Personal Invitation. If visiting friends or family, you must provide letter of invitation with the contact information of the host and visitor, purpose and duration of the visit, confirmation of accommodation including the address, signature and date. You will also need to provide proof of the host's status in Switzerland ie. copy of their Switzerland passport's information page, or, if they are not a citizen of Switzerland, copies of their Switzerland residence permit and their national passport's information pages.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Kalamaya: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2013
Norway for me remains the best place to live. I'm Still enjoying the decision i took four years ago by migrating with my family to Norway. The advantages are just too much.

25 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 10:20am On Sep 25, 2013
Kalamaya: Norway for me remains the best place to live. I'm Still enjoying the decision i took four years ago by migrating with my family to Norway. The advantages are just too much.

Thats nice to know and more encouraging to get first hand information from a present resident migrant, but please tell the house how you embarked on the immigration process, was it initially as a student or directly as a job seeker also are you Nigerian? and what did it take to bring all your family with you?

8 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 10:28am On Sep 25, 2013
Please we would also like any Nigerian who has successfully migrated to any of the above listed countries to talk about their experience in relation to the discussion and or give any helpful advice to prospective applicants wishing to migrate.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by adepojuot: 11:54am On Sep 25, 2013
swiftycool:

Liechtenstein is quite a small country with no boarder patrol set up of its own separating it from Switzerland, hence it depends on the latter for control of those entering its boarders. This therefore means for Nigerians looking to get into Liechtenstein, its better they apply for a Swizz visa through Switzerland embassy on which further details about your intention to visit Liechtenstein should be stated. Liechtenstein as a country does not require a visa for Nigerian tourists visiting not more than three months in the country.
So if you intend to visit Liechtenstein via Switzerland, these are the requirement for a Switzerland tourist visa application:

B Original, signed Nigeria passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.

E Medical travel insurance (Schengen). with a minimum coverage of € 30,000 and validity for all Schengen states.

G Employment Letter. Copy of a letter from your employer on business letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job. If you are self-employed, include a copy of your business license and tax return. For students, please submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester. If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.

I Personal Invitation. If visiting friends or family, you must provide letter of invitation with the contact information of the host and visitor, purpose and duration of the visit, confirmation of accommodation including the address, signature and date. You will also need to provide proof of the host's status in Switzerland ie. copy of their Switzerland passport's information page, or, if they are not a citizen of Switzerland, copies of their Switzerland residence permit and their national passport's information pages.
thank you very much for the info,I will look for the conference in Liechtenstein or what do you suggest??advice pls. where are u now,9ja or abroad??
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
adepojuot: thank you very much for the info,I will look for the conference in Liechtenstein or what do you suggest??advice pls. where are u now,9ja or abroad??

Well it depends on what your long term goals are, but I hope you are aware that Leichtenstien's major language is German and if there is any conference there I hope you are equipped language wise. I am presently stationed in Nigeria but i shuttle between here and a few other countries for business and building my professional portfolio though am seriously thinking of finally relocating elsewhere for good.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by adepojuot: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2013
swiftycool:

Well it depends on what your long term goals are, but I hope you are aware that Leichtenstien's major language is German and if there is any conference there I hope you are equipped language wise. I am presently stationed in Nigeria but i shuttle between here and a few other countries for business and building my professional portfolio though am seriously thinking of finally relocating elsewhere for good.
ok,I think Switzerland is no go area because there visa is very hard to get. do you have any sure link??I mean any European country or else where,tell me the requirement and duration. thanks.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by fiscalcliff: 4:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
Sweden no dey this list?

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by twaintoy(f): 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
What about Canada? What are the requirements? Not as a student though.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 9:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
fiscalcliff: Sweden no dey this list?

Well I was a bit surprised at this as well. With Sweden being an outstanding nation with a relatively high per capital income, however the unemployment rate may be one of the reasons for it not being listed. Sweden supposedly has an unemployment rate of between 5 to 8% on the average but a disturbing level of youth unemployment of around 24.2%! Meaning most youths below 25yrs are unemployed including graduates. hence young migrants might feel frustrated in that environment. This is just my thought though based of factual statistics of course.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 10:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
twaintoy: What about Canada? What are the requirements? Not as a student though.

Canada is a good choice and as earlier explained one of the best countries to migrate to, however to immigrate to Canada as an independent worker you would have to pass an eligibility points test and might have to apply through the Canadian Federal Skilled workers programme; This skilled immigration program is for people in a range of different occupations; If you have skills and experience in occupations listed on the Priority Occupation List under the Canadian skilled worker visa category you will not need sponsorship by an employer.
Here's the current list for 2013:

0211 Engineering managers
1112 Financial and investment analysts
2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers
2131 Civil engineers
2132 Mechanical engineers
2134 Chemical engineers
2143 Mining engineers
2144 Geological engineers
2145 Petroleum engineers
2146 Aerospace engineers
2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
2154 Land surveyors
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
3142 Physiotherapists
3143 Occupational Therapists
3211 Medical laboratory technologists
3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
3215 Medical radiation technologists
3216 Medical sonographers
3217 Cardiology technicians and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c. (not elsewhere classified)

The eligibility point test will also be done in addition in which if you can score 67 points and above you will qualify for independent immigration. the points are given based on the following areas
Age,
Education,
Work experience,
Language ability,
Arranged employment and
Adaptability
Note: Canada requires that you have a specific amount of money for your and any dependants sustenance depending on their numbers, more information can be gotten on the official Govt. website http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by twaintoy(f): 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
Ok. Seen the list but mine isn't among. I studied mass communication and i presently lecture as an assistant lecturer in a state polytechnic. My fiance studied mass communication too and presently works in a bank. Please, what are our chances of migrating to canada? We filled a form with Jonathan King Limited today. Would love to know if this agent is real?
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 10:44pm On Sep 25, 2013
twaintoy: Ok. Seen the list but mine isn't among. I studied mass communication and i presently lecture as an assistant lecturer in a state polytechnic. My fiance studied mass communication too and presently works in a bank. Please, what are our chances of migrating to canada? We filled a form with Jonathan King Limited today. Would love to know if this agent is real?

Well, your other option of immigrating as a worker is possibly securing a job in Canada and get your employer to sponsor your work permit application.

I cannot tell you honestly if Jonathan King agency that you signed up with is authentic or not as I dont know them, however i am aware that there are agencies who can help seek for jobs directly from Canadian employers even though the occupation might not be listed above, but based on the clients qualifications and experience they might be able to get an employer who is willing to employ the client and sponsor the work visa application. Jonathan King may be one of such
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Bobbybenard(m): 1:02am On Sep 26, 2013
What of UAE?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by twaintoy(f): 3:33am On Sep 26, 2013
swiftycool:

Well, your other option of immigrating as a worker is possibly securing a job in Canada and get your employer to sponsor your work permit application.

I cannot tell you honestly if Jonathan King agency that you signed up with is authentic or not as I dont know them, however i am aware that there are agencies who can help seek for jobs directly from Canadian employers even though the occupation might not be listed above, but based on the clients qualifications and experience they might be able to get an employer who is willing to employ the client and sponsor the work visa application. Jonathan King may be one of such
Alright. How can one source for employers directly from Nigeria? I mean how can I get a job in canada?
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Oladecoolz(m): 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
swiftycool:

For application of a students' residence permit or student visa in Norway the student has to submit the following documents:

1. An application form for student residence with a passport photograph.
2. A copy of passport.
3. Documentation of admission to an approved educational institution with the applicant’s name, institution’s name and course and duration of the program. (The course/programme must be full-time and approved for financial support from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund. This also applies for students who have financing from other sources and do not intend to seek support from the Loan Fund.)
4. A plan of study. This gives details of the study program.
5. Documentation of housing. (Approved documentation includes a lease copy for a house, an apartment or a room issued by a private person or company. Apartments/rooms provided by the institution's own Student Housing organisation must also be documented with a lease copy.
6. Documentation of subsistence, i.e documents to prove you have the financial muscle to cater for yourself during studies this could be a
loan from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund or your own private fund deposits in a Norwegian bank.

NOTE: A student residence permit to Norway is granted under the precondition that the student will return to his/her country of legal permanent residence upon completion of the studies, however students after completion of their courses can proceed to apply for a job seekers visa if they are able to meet its conditions as explained in the previous post.

Working permit for students
A student residence permit (VISA)does not confer the right to take employment in Norway. However, students may apply for part-time work permit and/or a permit to work during vacations when employment would not interfere with their study progress. Full-time employment for a restricted period of time may also be applied for.
k tanx got it.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by adepojuot: 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
swiftycool:

good day boss,how was ur day??do you have any travel link??I mean any European country or any where?
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by tuntoks(m): 1:39am On Oct 01, 2013
New Zealand is a great country to migrate to if you don't mind the distance from naija. its about 26hrs in-flight journey but believe me the move is worthwhile. There are a lot of skilled professionals needed here and migrating is quite easy if you have the experience and skills. No language test is required like the likes for australia or canada as long as your studies were carried out in english but bear in mind that nigerian qualifications are not recognized by the immigration new zealand so you have to do a qualification assessment (or conversion if you will say). Like i said, the process is quite easy and if you've really got the skills you might be here in 8 months time. smiley grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by gowaga68: 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2013
we dont mind you sharing information on their schools.

tuntoks: New Zealand is a great country to migrate to if you don't mind the distance from naija. its about 26hrs in-flight journey but believe me the move is worthwhile. There are a lot of skilled professionals needed here and migrating is quite easy if you have the experience and skills. No language test is required like the likes for australia or canada as long as your studies were carried out in english but bear in mind that nigerian qualifications are not recognized by the immigration new zealand so you have to do a qualification assessment (or conversion if you will say). Like i said, the process is quite easy and if you've really got the skills you might be here in 8 months time. smiley grin
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Chidonsky: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
tuntoks: New Zealand is a great country to migrate to if you don't mind the distance from naija. its about 26hrs in-flight journey but believe me the move is worthwhile. There are a lot of skilled professionals needed here and migrating is quite easy if you have the experience and skills. No language test is required like the likes for australia or canada as long as your studies were carried out in english but bear in mind that nigerian qualifications are not recognized by the immigration new zealand so you have to do a qualification assessment (or conversion if you will say). Like i said, the process is quite easy and if you've really got the skills you might be here in 8 months time. smiley grin
share their school experience 4 us and life generally
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Godson201333(m): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
Germany all the way..(Schzengen zones) plus Europa sweet continent!! grin grin

Luxemborg a country with very friendly and lovely citizens but they hardly speak English..Only french and German.

Germany another country full of wealthy and Happy people but education first.

where is a Austria....A lovely tiny nation sharing Border with Switzerland...A country full of wealth.

but i tell you,,Your paper works must be intact before you can enjoy all these countries.!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Spanish Student Visas / STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.