Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To (154520 Views)

Top 10 Countries With The Highest Salaries (photos) / Which Is The Best African Country To Migrate? / What Country Can A Nigeria Easily Migrate To Without Much Travel Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by twaintoy(f): 9:10am On Oct 07, 2013
Good morning good people. Please who knows canada very well or who lives in canada here? I have discovered after visiting the website that i am not qualified for the federal skilled jobs listed there. My question is, how can one get a job in canada from nigeria? And ofcourse, getting an employer that would sponsor the nigerian employee. I studied mass communication with a second class lower. Please, adequate response(s) would be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by titusodem: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
I would advice you to go to Online Dynamix (4th Floor Cocoa House) for your migration to Canada. Jonathan King! I bet would be killed with their hidden charges. My 2 kobos
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by twaintoy(f): 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
titusodem: I would advice you to go to Online Dynamix (4th Floor Cocoa House) for your migration to Canada. Jonathan King! I bet would be killed with their hidden charges. My 2 kobos
Have u been there before? And how true and efficient are these agents?
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 9:08pm On Oct 07, 2013
Big.game:

Nice thread Op. What are the requirements, for Migrating to Canada as a Student?

Sorry ive been off this thread for quite a bit, ill try to answer a few questions here

In order to apply for a Canadian student visa you must:

1. Provide the letter of acceptance to a school, or post-secondary institution that has accreditation in Canada,
2. Have proof of funds that will suffice for living expenses, tuition, and travel costs (to and from Canada) for the applicant and family members accompanying the applicant,
3. have no history of any criminal offences,
4. have good health and if required, be medically examined, and
5. have applied for Certificat dÕaccpectation du Quebec (CAQ) if the desired course, whether it be a short-term course or a course that surpasses six months, is situated in the province of Quebec.

Along with the above requirements, applicants must demonstrate that the objective of coming to Canada is to study and that they have the intentions of returning to their country of origin once the program they are in has been completed. In certain circumstances, along with the student visa, the acquisition of a temporary resident visa (TRV) may also be required to be eligible to temporarily reside in Canada.

NOTE: Prospective students need to prove their mastery of English language through the IELTS testing system
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
twaintoy: Good morning good people. Please who knows canada very well or who lives in canada here? I have discovered after visiting the website that i am not qualified for the federal skilled jobs listed there. My question is, how can one get a job in canada from nigeria? And ofcourse, getting an employer that would sponsor the nigerian employee. I studied mass communication with a second class lower. Please, adequate response(s) would be appreciated. Thanks.

@twaintoy I have seen your post for quite sometime and was hoping someone else with more adequate links might be able to help you out with a more appropriate answer to your query, so unfortunate nothing has come up.

However, here is an encouragement, canada has many other immigration programmes specific to its different provinces as well as various skills shortages in those areas you might need to check on those .

One way of getting into Canada is through family sponsorship to specific Canadian provinces especially Manitoba, where you dont need a job to be nominated. You can settle and look for a job. But am suspecting you have no close family relative in Canada.

specifically for you now, have you considered getting into canada as a self employed professional based on your 'mass com' profession, you can come in as an independent reporter, writer or teacher. Please check this link out and take time with your fiancee to think about it and see if it can be your sure bet http://www.allpointsimmigration.com/self-employed/

Good luck
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by rafcrown(m): 9:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
HOW CAN ONE GET JOB IN NORWAY OR SWITZERLAND? AS EU MEMBER
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 9:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
maurice1: What about UK

Unfortunately UK has somehow fallen from grace to grass in terms of immigration choice especially for Nigerians as they have continue to set up very difficult policies for migrants recently with the new Conservative govt. in power. UK seems to encourage students for their money but are quick to push them out after graduation and quite recently seem to be discouraging even visitors into their boarders with their £3000 bond issue.

However these stringent measures seem to be based on the fact that they are still in a way recovering from the very recent recession and unemployment rates there are just beginning to reduce. in other news UK is still a very good place to live, with a good percapital income rate as well. Id say you give them some time and maybe they'll may make it back on the list
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by rafcrown(m): 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
Tats:

It make good sense to some and I'm one of such. I left a well paying and great job in Nigeria and got a well paying and great job here in the UK, so it doesn't always result in a disaster. Just relocate legally.
REASONABLE AND GOOD POINT.MIGRATE LEGALLY.PERIOD
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by twaintoy(f): 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
swiftycool:

@twaintoy I have seen your post for quite sometime and was hoping someone else with more adequate links might be able to help you out with a more appropriate answer to your query, so unfortunate nothing has come up.

However, here is an encouragement, canada has many other immigration programmes specific to its different provinces as well as various skills shortages in those areas you might need to check on those .

One way of getting into Canada is through family sponsorship to specific Canadian provinces especially Manitoba, where you dont need a job to be nominated. You can settle and look for a job. But am suspecting you have no close family relative in Canada.

specifically for you now, have you considered getting into canada as a self employed professional based on your 'mass com' profession, you can come in as an independent reporter, writer or teacher. Please check this link out and take time with your fiancee to think about it and see if it can be your sure bet http://www.allpointsimmigration.com/self-employed/

Good luck
You have indeed released my boil to some extent. Meanwhile, will check the website out now with him and will get back to you. Thanks alot.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by goldtooth: 10:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
ldonjibson: No matter how harsh d economy is home is still home
pls be sincere no matter how harsh the economy is you say? You should be staying in your village then instead of migrating to an urban area. Everbody who has come here to say migrating is bad to me is a hypocrite because many of them have migrated to better areas within their states or other states within nigeria looking for greener pastures. Also we have americans, britons and other foreigners living here with us not because their country is bad but because nigeria for them is a greener pasture. NAIRALANDER PLS LOOK FOR YOUR GREENER PASTURE AND MOVE THERE ASAP

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by swiftycool(m): 10:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
vladimiros:

No i used common sense

you people are talking about going here or there, but do they want you?

THE ANSWER IS NO..

maybe you have never been outside Nigeria to see what some of our naija boys are doing to embarass us..all in the name of going abroad

I visited my aunt in new York in 2011 and saw Nigerians with degrees in law as taxi drivers

we all want to travel abroad but we are stupid

if we just stay and think, thatnk God my father passed the opportunity to go abroad cuz he thinks he would make it here and did, his friends who left to Uk think my Father is making back deal with Government.. it just sad and pathetic

WHATEVER THE MIND CAN CONCEIVE AND BELIEVE THE MIND CAN ACHIEVE.. nigeria is not perfect, BUT I AM MAKING IT!

The last statement you made is true but look here Mr Man stop kidding yourself! First of all, Most of the people ruling you and many of their own children that are preparing to come and rule you did not even struggle for many years in this country before they got into power you would be surprised that most of them have dual citizenships in some of these countries where they'll eventually retire to (Dieziani, Okonjo Iweala and various ministers). Also many of the big industrialist employing your families in large quantities had their most valuable training in saner countries and came back to establish cos they can get cheap labour here, even their children abroad are still coming back to boss over you .

I speak to any young man or woman now, who wants a good future for himself to seek the best place in the world possible to develop themselves and gain valuable experience as much as possible after which you can return if you decide but if those other countries value your professional output more than your beloved country ever did, STAY THERE AND MAKE THE BEST OF YOUR LIFE!

For your information vladimiros, the famous MIKE ADENUGA left the country for several years to study towards gaining his business knowledge and while at it earned a living in the USA as a TAXI DRIVER for a period of time. Today he has provided a source of living for millions of Nigerians including those you know dealing in glo recharge cards.

if you think the small talent you have that brings you a few kobos is all that, why not go to the best places in the world to develop it. Wether you admit it or not, Naija has failed its younger generation, and there are many other countries that value outstanding educated Nigerians a lot more than our so beloved Naija does.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Well said and so on-point..

swiftycool:

The last statement you made is true but look here Mr Man stop kidding yourself! First of all, Most of the people ruling you and many of their own children that are preparing to come and rule you did not even struggle for many years in this country before they got into power you would be surprised that most of them have dual citizenships in some of these countries where they'll eventually retire to (Dieziani, Okonjo Iweala and various ministers). Also many of the big industrialist employing your families in large quantities had their most valuable training in saner countries and came back to establish cos they can get cheap labour here, even their children abroad are still coming back to boss over you .

I speak to any young man or woman now, who wants a good future for himself to seek the best place in the world possible to develop themselves and gain valuable experience as much as possible after which you can return if you decide but if those other countries value your professional output more than your beloved country ever did, STAY THERE AND MAKE THE BEST OF YOUR LIFE!

For your information vladimiros, the famous MIKE ADENUGA left the country for several years to study towards gaining his business knowledge and while at it earned a living in the USA as a TAXI DRIVER for a period of time. Today he has provided a source of living for millions of Nigerians including those you know dealing in glo recharge cards.

if you think the small talent you have that brings you a few kobos is all that, why not go to the best places in the world to develop it. Wether you admit it or not, Naija has failed its younger generation, and there are many other countries that value outstanding educated Nigerians a lot more than our so beloved Naija does.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by peter1994(m): 11:52am On Oct 08, 2013
I'm a chemical engr student (and by God's grace i'm goin to gradg. .with a 1st class). Havn read d post about unemplnt in naija ystrdy i got inspired to start making plans ASAP. .i have interest in norway, so part of my plan is to start learnin dia language, (what is ur view/which language do u advice me to start with? because sm1 mentioned 2 lang. .earlier) pls help ur boy plan.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by joseph1013: 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
peter1994: I'm a chemical engr student (and by God's grace i'm goin to gradg. .with a 1st class). Havn read d post about unemplnt in naija ystrdy i got inspired to start making plans ASAP. .i have interest in norway, so part of my plan is to start learnin dia language, (what is ur view/which language do u advice me to start with? because sm1 mentioned 2 lang. .earlier) pls help ur boy plan.

Your best bet is to learn Norwegian as it's the most widely spoken language as well as the official language in the country.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by uzoexcel(m): 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
if u gonna be graduatn wid a first class from a reputable institution in naija, then u dnt really v major issues...google 'erasmus mundus scholarships for masters courses'...once u get this scholarship, u get a double masters degree from 2 different top institutions in europe and its easier to get jobs with these scholarship as top companiues r affiliated with these scheme...u also get to knw 2 different languages...my frds r all on these scholarship also and its really opened doors for them
peter1994: I'm a chemical engr student (and by God's grace i'm goin to gradg. .with a 1st class). Havn read d post about unemplnt in naija ystrdy i got inspired to start making plans ASAP. .i have interest in norway, so part of my plan is to start learnin dia language, (what is ur view/which language do u advice me to start with? because sm1 mentioned 2 lang. .earlier) pls help ur boy plan.

@switycool:thnks for ur post...wat abt those wid Toefl instead of IELTS...u seem to rather emphasize on just IELTS??is it better preferred especially in switching to canada? lemme knw ASAP...gracias
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by peter1994(m): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
joseph1013:

Your best bet is to learn Norwegian as it's the most widely spoken language as well as the official language in the country.
much thanks. i'll adjust my reading time table and include d language.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by peter1994(m): 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
uzoexcel: if u gonna be graduatn wid a first class from a reputable institution in naija, then u dnt really v major issues...google 'erasmus mundus scholarships for masters courses'...once u get this scholarship, u get a double masters degree from 2 different top institutions in europe and its easier to get jobs with these scholarship as top companiues r affiliated with these scheme...u also get to knw 2 different languages...my frds r all on these scholarship also and its really opened doors for them
thanks
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by gemini35(m): 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
udemzy_udex: if Nigeria is not on that list then forget it......
bro wht of italy,do any one knw abt italian visa,though a friend want to send me letter of invitation hw much dnes it cost
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by 2good(m): 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2013

My advice is to get your first class and apply to study Petroleum Engineering at the University of Stavanger in Norway and you will most likely get full scholarship. Your chance of getting a job post graduation is over 70% guaranteed with the 30% depending on your interpersonal skills because countless number of companies come to recruit on campus before you graduate. Never go to the UK to study Petroleum Engineering because Norway gives you the most opportunity after graduation.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by pjosh1(m): 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
babe_online:
Thanks. smiley

How are you?
am fine. u
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by peter1994(m): 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
2good:

My advice is to get your first class and apply to study Petroleum Engineering at the University of Stavanger in Norway and you will most likely get full scholarship. Your chance of getting a job post graduation is over 70% guaranteed with the 30% depending on your interpersonal skills because countless number of companies come to recruit on campus before you graduate. Never go to the UK to study Petroleum Engineering because Norway gives you the most opportunity after graduation.
thanks.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by otiigba1(m): 8:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
wow! i did not realise its this bad in nigeria,all the nigerian youths wants to emigrate, i was planing to relocate to nigeria, not anymore!! i change my mind i am staying put in the UK!

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by mkoabiola: 10:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
oti-igba:
wow! i did not realise its this bad in nigeria,all the nigerian youths wants to emigrate, i was planing to relocate to nigeria, not anymore!! i change my mind i am staying put in the UK!
Are u 4 real
Tel me somtin abt UK dat made want to leave.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Omojayejaye(m): 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
u guys should stop unrealistic comparison of naija with these countries and give firsthand info on these developed nations...although aussie on my mind....we are not from there but we are to stay immigration!!!
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by azjaponnaisnoir(m): 1:17am On Oct 12, 2013
http://www.workstudy.com.au/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=169

THIS IS A WORK STUDY PROGRAMME IN AUSTRALIA,WESTERN AUSTRALIA HERE, for thos who are intersted you can visit smiley GOOD LUCK bros cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by rafcrown(m): 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
swiftycool:

Unfortunately UK has somehow fallen from grace to grass in terms of immigration choice especially for Nigerians as they have continue to set up very difficult policies for migrants recently with the new Conservative govt. in power. UK seems to encourage students for their money but are quick to push them out after graduation and quite recently seem to be discouraging even visitors into their boarders with their £3000 bond issue.

However these stringent measures seem to be based on the fact that they are still in a way recovering from the very recent recession and unemployment rates there are just beginning to reduce. in other news UK is still a very good place to live, with a good percapital income rate as well. Id say you give them some time and maybe they'll may make it back on the list
I BEG TO DISAGREE.IF YOU WANT TO WIN ANY ELECTION IN EUROPE NOW,IMMIGRATION SHOULD BE TOP ON YOUR AGENDA.WHY?ANTI -IMMIGRANTS POSTURE.
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Omojayejaye(m): 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
good people....what's happening here....una no dey port again....chai......this topic go comot front page.....abeg make we go occupy Liechtenstein. make we claim our money wey ex-head of state gen.abacha dump there...Liechtenstein on point...don't dull....
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
i already live in america...and am trying to emigrate tongue grin
Re: Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To by tunnex190: 7:35am On Oct 29, 2013
i already live in america...and am trying to emigrate tongue grin

Nice dream Sniper!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Spanish Student Visas / STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.