Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,158 members, 7,838,958 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) - Religion (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) (65174 Views)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 11:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
Can we close this before it takes another turn? Josh, I hope I have answered your questions or is there something you wanna add?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
^don't you think you are starting to dictate peoples point of views on how they should correctly express themselves.

Take for example "Catholics Are Idol Worshippers."

You said that the title should be changed to "Are Catholics Idol Worshippers", which you did.

In the OPs belief system, catholics are idol worshippers.

Now aren't you exceeding the duties of a MOD? You are starting to control peoples expressions and ideologies.

3 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ishilove: 11:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mynd, spambot has arrested Josh, AGAIN. undecided
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by POPEII: 12:00am On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
^don't you think you are starting to dictate peoples point of views on how they should correctly express themselves.

You said that the title should be changed to "Are Catholics Idol Worshippers", which you did.

Now aren't you exceeding the duties of a MOD? You are starting to control peoples expressions and ideologies.
Makes sense
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 12:03am On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

When those ideologies are offensive to others what would you have them do? You open a thread about and imply your personal belief that a bunch of people are idol worshippers when they might or might not be. Now they would not like being called idol worshipers and they will kick against it which is my point. You should learn the list of your expressions.

Everyone has a right but do not allow these rights of your cross limits and become offensive to others. That is when it becomes illegal (according to the rules of NL) i could have hidden the post and banned the Op because it was a complete case of insults against Catholics but managing also includes finding a way not to issues out the worst punishment always.

Now while I might have done that(I dont even remember the Op) if another springs up in that fashion while I am somewhere I am not chanced to edit the post i.e., a date, party, hustling and selling pirated CDs in Alaba tongue I might just hide the thread and move on.

Both of which are well within my limits
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Ishilove: 12:05am On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd, Josh is still banned o.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 12:07am On Dec 24, 2013
Ishilove: Mynd, Josh is still banned o.
he was unbanned before you first complained na
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:10am On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
When those ideologies are offensive to others what would you have them do? You open a thread about and imply your personal belief that a bunch of people are idol worshippers when they might or might not be. Now they would not like being called idol worshipers and they will kick against it which is my point. You should learn the list of your expressions.

\

We Pagans are called idol worshippers all the time.

Ok I will keep this in mind.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 12:10am On Dec 24, 2013
Now as regards the derailing of this thread, I have explained and explained that it will not be allowed. It will not be tolerated and this wont change. I work to answer complaints and when I log in, complaints is what I look for first. There are two chatroom, they can make use of any of them but not this thread. I see no point for a warning as it is useless.

Why should anyone need a warning not to derail a thread?

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 12:11am On Dec 24, 2013
Phew! Thanks mynd and ishi. Chei. Which kind of devlish spambot is this? Smh. grin

I understand your points mynd, and they are true. I will be lying if I say there is no active demeaning and insulting going on around here. We all know you're more than capable to handle that grin

But please do not misplace our vehemence and curtness with demeaning and insults.
We trust you as a good mod to make just decisions based on that and listen to our feedback too.

Thanks. Merry Christmas. cheesy
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 12:13am On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

We Pagans are called idol worshippers all the time.

Ok I will keep this in mind.
Now you ask yourself, are you an idol worshipper? You might worship a Deity that does not require an idol but a lot of pagans dont. Some actually worship idols and they do not mind cling called idol worshippers.

Now what happens if you as a pagan is called an idol worshipper and you feel it is offensive? Ask that the person edits his post respectfully and use the "report to moderator" feature. After doing that, do not try to get into a war of words(most times, it will just get you banned)
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 12:14am On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
he was unbanned before you first complained na
I was banned again!

This is a record. Banned twice in ten minutes, an all time high. cool
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 12:16am On Dec 24, 2013
Joshthefirst: Phew! Thanks mynd and ishi. Chei. Which kind of devlish spambot is this? Smh. grin

I understand your points mynd, and they are true. I will be lying if I say there is no active demeaning and insulting going on around here. We all know you're more than capable to handle that grin

But please do not misplace our vehemence and curtness with demeaning and insults.
We trust you as a good mod to make just decisions based on that and listen to our feedback too.

Thanks. Merry Christmas. cheesy
Understanding and respecting one another is something to be admired. I do not want to be liked. Seriously, if you know me enough, you'd know I dont care but I wont allow people act in ways that is against the rules because they dont mean the insults.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:16am On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd_44: Now you ask yourself, are you an idol worshipper? You might worship a Deity that does not require an idol but a lot of pagans dont. Some actually worship idols and they do not mind cling called idol worshippers.

Now what happens if you as a pagan is called an idol worshipper and you feel it is offensive? Ask that the person edits his post respectfully and use the "report to moderator" feature. After doing that, do not try to get into a war of words(most times, it will just get you banned)

No you are mistaken.

you see?

None of us Pagans worship idols. We use idols to represent our Gods.

We are God worshippers. not idol worshippers.

The only difference between us and catholics are that catholics are man-worshippers (they worship jesus) and we Pagans are God-worshippers (We worship the Gods).

None of us worship idols.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 12:21am On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

No you are mistaken.

you see?

None of us Pagans worship idols. We use idols to represent our Gods.

We are God worshippers. not idol worshippers.

The only difference between us and catholics are that catholics are man-worshippers[b] (in my opinion) [/b] (they worship jesus) and we Pagans are God-worshippers (We worship the Gods).

None of us worship idols.
Now you see the enbolded which I added? Please you might want to use it more to avoid getting in trouble. It hurts no one to state that you mean no harm, you just see it that way.

A lot Catholics argue that they Worship God through Jesus and your view might be offensive
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:25am On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
Now you see the enbolded which I added? Please you might want to use it more to avoid getting in trouble. It hurts no one to state that you mean no harm, you just see it that way.

A lot Catholics argue that they Worship God through Jesus and your view might be offensive

how the heck am I supposed to know what some catholics think? Im of a different faith. Check out most threads on Nairaland. the catholics clearly state that jesus is their god and worship him.

you see?

You are again putting your ideology on all the catholics. You are deciding for them.

you should also follow these rules then:

check the bolded which I added:

Mynd_44: Now you ask yourself, are you an idol worshipper? You might worship a Deity that does not require an idol but a lot of pagans dont. I think Some actually worship idols and I think they do not mind cling called idol worshippers.

Please you might want to use it more to avoid getting in trouble. It hurts no one to state that you mean no harm, you just see it that way.

so you are at fault too.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 12:31am On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

how the heck am I supposed to know what some catholics think? Im of a different faith. Check out most threads on Nairaland. the catholics clearly state that jesus is their god and worship him.

you see?

You are again putting your ideology on all the catholics. You are deciding for them.

you should also follow these rules then:

check the bolded which I added:

Please you might want to use it more to avoid getting in trouble. It hurts no one to state that you mean no harm, you just see it that way.

so you are at fault too.

And at this point I tell you to report a post you feel does not represent your religion and who you are. If a catholic sees that and report it, I would change it immediately. But you also are doing it again you have not met all Catholics a lot of those I have met say they dont worship Jesus.

And oh I think it is wrong to call him a man-God. Remember the part of the bible where is is said he is "God made flesh" and Manuel means "God is with us" so is he really a man? Abeg I no wan preach today.

I am going to my cold mat to sleep

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:35am On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
And at this point I tell you to report a post you feel does not represent your religion and who you are. If a catholic sees that and report it, I would change it immediately. But you also are doing it again you have not met all Catholics a lot of those I have met say they dont worship Jesus.

And oh I think it is wrong to call him a man-God. Remember the part of the bible where is is said he is "God made flesh" and Manuel means "God is with us" so is he really a man? Abeg I no wan preach today.

I am going to my cold mat to sleep

Most catholics ive met declare jesus as their Lord and their god.

how can I remember what the bible said? Im not a christian.

a son of a god is a man? Impossible. A son of a god will be a God.

can a zebra give birth to a dog?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 12:35am On Dec 24, 2013
And oh for the little while I will be moderating this section, I am taking note of the trolls whose intent(judging from their posts) is just seem to be against the peace.

To them I say, continue. The ban button does not run out of lubricantgrin

3 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 12:37am On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Most catholics ive met declare jesus as their Lord and their god.

how can I remember what the bible said? Im not a christian.

a son of a god is a man? Impossible. A son of a god will be a God.

can a zebra give birth to a dog?
The basic concept of religion and the supernatural is impossible if rationalized bro. I doubt I need to spill that out.

Goodnight once again
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:39am On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
The basic concept of religion and the supernatural is impossible if rationalized bro. I doubt I need to spill that out.

Goodnight once again

Exactly! Therefore you need to stop hiding posts, banning people and deleting threads over ideological differences.

You may do so in the case of profanities.

Good Night.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 12:44am On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Exactly! Therefore you need to stop hiding posts, banning people and deleting threads over ideological differences.

You may do so in the case of profanities.

Good Night.
I will do so in cases where your ideologies become insulting and offensive to the religion you are addressing.

You just stated clearly here that you dont know what the bible states so why would you try to open a thread about Christians? It is just baseless
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:11am On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
I will do so in cases where your ideologies become insulting and offensive to the religion you are addressing.

You just stated clearly here that you dont know what the bible states so why would you try to open a thread about Christians? It is just baseless

1 religion has many schools of thought. how do you know where it is offensive and where not?

as in the "jesus is god" case.

I dont know everything that the bible states. but i do know many things in the bible as well.

What then is the point of the Religious Section if we can't discuss religion and open threads on other religions?

Whether it is baseless or genuine, does that fall under the jurisdiction of a Mod?

Does a Mod have to interfere in what posters wish to talk about (excepting profanities) ?
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by MrTroll(m): 1:58am On Dec 24, 2013
@Mynd, simpke advice...bend down and learn the politics of this section. Strictly applying the rules here will only result in closing down this section. I can expatiate but I think a word should be enough.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 5:05am On Dec 24, 2013
Mr Troll: @Mynd, simpke advice...bend down and learn the politics of this section. Strictly applying the rules here will only result in closing down this section. I can expatiate but I think a word should be enough.
There is no politics to this section. Insults on other religion or your religion will not be allowed as it is in the rules. Same goes for Personal insults
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Gombs(m): 7:39am On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
There is no politics to this section. Insults on other religion or your religion will not be allowed as it is in the rules. Same goes for Personal insults

Aye sire, I concur...

BTW, do u think atheism is a 'religion' or form of 'religion'?

Me thinks, a Christian section shoul be carved out, like th Muslims have, then atheists and pagans can have the general 'religion' section to themselves. Else, the above bold would always be rudely flouted

Hello pagan9ja!.... merry Christmas.... ummm, maybe u don't celebrate it tho
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 7:44am On Dec 24, 2013
Gombs:

Aye sire, I concur...

BTW, do u think atheism is a 'religion' or form of 'religion'?

Me thinks, a Christian section shoul be carved out, like th Muslims have, then atheists and pagans can have the general 'religion' section to themselves. Else, the above bold would always be rudely flouted

Atheism to you might not be a religion or might be a "lack of religious" beliefs but does that give anyone the right to insult them for any reason?

As for whether I think atheism is a religion, I would say yes. It is weird and kind of not correct but if you say it is not a religion, why would you say they should be lumped with paganism?

As for the creation of sections......not my jurisdiction
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Gombs(m): 8:35am On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
Atheism to you might not be a religion or might be a "lack of religious" beliefs but does that give anyone the right to insult them for any reason?

Bro... I never said anyone should insult them....

As for whether I think atheism is a religion, I would say yes. It is weird and kind of not correct but if you say it is not a religion, why would you say they should be lumped with paganism?

Even when they don't believe in a deity or the existence of God?... fascinating. I 'thought' not 'said'0 they should be 'left' not 'lumped' with paganism because they are a very very very vast minority.... satanist can join them too, voodoo too, bhuddist, name them. They should be together not as a discriminatory factor, but due to the fact that they are a microscopic few. (Men, that their place go dey boring die... grin they would only get fun or lively when they attack Christianity.

Lol.... I was just saying this cos, I'd give my right hand to see the sections for just none Christians... voodoo, bhuddist, pagans, atheists, agnostic etc....
Bros, no vex, just ignore my thoughts about em folks being ostracized....twas a wild joke.

As for the creation of sections......not my jurisdiction

Suggest it.... pls do. BTW, pls where did HBG go to?

On a lighter note, I just become pessimistic when it gets to atheists, not that I hate them (of course I can't) , but I just can help being pessimistic. Ask me why?
I'd tell u... mynd44, do u like a mouse? No, I'm guessing. But if u are in your room and a mouse runs in, even if it has a good intention, u can't help but get pessimistic. Then u go after it, to chase him out... that is almost instinctive, right. But when a squirrel get into ur room, u stare at it with amazement, and would even wanna keep it, u would wanna accommodate it, not minding the intention it has, right? Now, both of them are rodents, and can Spread same kinda disease, but why then do u instinctively go after the mouse, and would wanna keep the squirrel?

The squirrel for me is the ignorant unbeliver, the mouse is the one who know the truth and chooses to ignore it. Now, love is of God, and I have to love all men, that's why I love em atheists and pagans n all, but I can't stop telling them the gospel, and they seem to don't wanna stop deceiving themselves. If I tell them and they disbelieve, fine.

Expect LB and amanfrommars to attack me... grin

Thanks man, for ur time, I'm just hoping u tell d ogas that we Christians would love our own section, I'd let posterity judge my thought.

1 Like

Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:45am On Dec 24, 2013
Gombs:

Hello Gombs. Merry Yuletide!

May the Rays of the Almighty Sun, the giver of life, shine upon thou.
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2013
Gombs:
Expect LB and amanfrommars to attack me... grin
And you wonder who the mouse really is. smiley

Good day Mynd,

I guess there will be no awards this year. cry
*packs campaign material and posters*

[size=4pt]And I hope Gombs get banned for calling the rest of us squirrels and mice. smiley[/size]
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Mynd44: 9:21am On Dec 24, 2013
aManFromMars:
And you wonder who the mouse really is. smiley

Good day Mynd,

I guess there will be no awards this year. cry
*packs campaign material and posters*

[size=4pt]And I hope Gombs get banned for calling the rest of us squirrels and mice. smiley[/size]
Keep em till next year
Re: Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
Keep em till next year
Cool. Merry Xmas. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (96)

Staunch Catholic Couple's Pre-Wedding Pictures / David Ibiyeomie Uses Limousine For His Awareness Rally In Port-Harcourt (Pics) / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.