Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. (11896 Views)

Babies Will End in Hell! - Biblical proof / Does Easter Celebration Have Any Biblical Support? / Child Dedication By Christians, Any Biblical Support To This Practice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Dygeasy(m): 11:18am On Sep 22, 2013
Judas2013:

There is no such thing as sin. Sin is a word created by human. I would rather use the word ignorance

However sucide in general is running away from something that they have not been taught they have the power to deal with. A conscious suicide 99.99999 percent of the time will reintroduce themselves reincarnationally almost immediately back into the society, and will introduce themselves into a situation that is almost identical to the one they ran away from.

I think letting them know that they will automatically be back to complete to that situation/ task will produce a very interesting reaction. Will he/she still want to go ahead if it becomes obvious that life is a cycle and every stage must be completed? Let them know that they are creators, and that what they are feeling is simply because they have chosen to buy into religious beliefs systems that have forced them to believe that they have no power, that they have no say, that they have no control. Get them in touch with their beliefs about life, and allow them to redefine those beliefs.
What Is This One Saying?
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by olumaxi(m): 11:19am On Sep 22, 2013
av u planned to commiting one?
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Judas2013: 11:20am On Sep 22, 2013
Dygeasy: What Is This One Saying?

Something you are not intelligent enough to know.

1 Like

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 22, 2013
Sunday only, don't remind me on Monday angry
Abu Mikey: Shuuuuuu!!!! shocked shocked See Spongeback dey quote bible verses oo cheesy
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Caseless: 11:22am On Sep 22, 2013
uhuogba: To the pastors,
Christian elders,
Everyone in the house,

Any biblical proof that suicide is a Sin?

Happy sunday to you all!
commit suicide and u'd not only have a glimpse of d hell like someone who attempted did, but u'l be in hell when u do that.
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by rayco4all(m): 11:22am On Sep 22, 2013
Is a sin , pls @ op do not plan to END Your TIME like THINGS .....
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Morkavictor: 11:26am On Sep 22, 2013
In the 10 commandment:thy shall not kill is one of them. Suicide is the act of killing oneself,if killing is a sin then suicide is a sin.
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 22, 2013
donroxy: Qur’an 6:151 says, “and do not kill a soul that God has made sacrosanct, save lawfully.” (i.e. murder is forbidden but the death penalty imposed by the state for a crime is permitted).

Quran 5:53 says, “… whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind.”

Excuse me but the OP said Biblical. You come here to quote your book and the worst part is that those things you quoted are advocating what the terrorists in Kenya just did. Pls park well and carry your Book to your section thank you.

1 Like

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by homesteady(m): 11:44am On Sep 22, 2013
Abu Mikey: Shuuuuuu!!!! shocked shocked See Spongeback dey quote bible verses oo cheesy

gringrin the thing still dey surprise me oh!! gringrin
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Dygeasy(m): 11:45am On Sep 22, 2013
Judas2013:

Something you are not intelligent enough to know.
Would You Then Explain It Better? undecided
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Jamji: 11:49am On Sep 22, 2013
Iykedaprince: All d posters above are right. Killing is killing.....its a Sin.[color=#990000][/color]
even if i kill my goat for nkwobi?
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 11:52am On Sep 22, 2013
i rather kill ma sef dan 2 commit suicide
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by DJDOLA(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2013
goldylock:

Excuse me but the OP said Biblical. You come here to quote your book and the worst part is that those things you quoted are advocating what the terrorists in Kenya just did. Pls park well and carry your Book to your section thank you.
hey madam cool down let him talk nah haba
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by write2obi(m): 11:55am On Sep 22, 2013
uhuogba: I think "Thou shall not kill" means don't kill your fellow human.( Gi egbula ochu in igbo) Going by your argument then "thou shall not kill" means don't kill anything!
Don't you think so?
Is there any other citation that is specific about suicide?
Choi am doomed ooo! I don kill chicken taya! Help!! Am doomed ooo!
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by uhuogba(m): 11:56am On Sep 22, 2013
Thanks everyone for your contribution!
For those asking...no matter how bad I feel/f***ked up my life is, I can't commit suicide (simply can't break that instinct of self preservation, it is the strongest of all instincts! + mom may go insane too, can't do that to her)
Just felt having a specific citation against it in the bible may numb the feelings totally.

Emmm....my post made the front page!( Dancing skelewu in sunday/church style)
Seun will I be paid in cash or cheque?"Winks"
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by write2obi(m): 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
I heard Mikel scored yesterday?? Lord I've seen all the signs you told us in the bible. *Oya bk to the matter* has any one seen Obidiah777 or MostHigh?? Na 2 of them fit answer this question. Those 2 are AntiChrist disciples. Na joke oo!
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by oaslink: 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
uhuogba: To the pastors,
Christian elders,
Everyone in the house,

Any biblical proof that suicide is a Sin?

Happy sunday to you all!
THERE IS A DEFINIT EXAMPLE AND PROOF IN D BIBLE IS D CASE OF PETER AND JUDAS ISCARIOT BUT DENNIED GOD BUT PETER WAS FORGIVING AND JUDAS WENT TO HELL BECAUSE HE COMMIT SUCIDE, SIMPLE! I THINK GOD KNWS ONE DAY IS COMING U WILL AS THIS QUESTION THAT IS Y IT WAS DONE!
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by hrykanu231(m): 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
Yes it is a sin...Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: (Gal 3:13)
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by ITbomb(m): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
Many years back , I read somewhere that ' whosoever killeth another kills the body but the soul lives on but whosoever killeth himself kills both the body and the soul and denied himself the chance of redemption'
I'm still searching for the source till today
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Orikinla(m): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2013
Thou shall not Kill.
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by haibe(m): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
oaslink: THERE IS A DEFINIT EXAMPLE AND PROOF IN D BIBLE IS D CASE OF PETER AND JUDAS ISCARIOT BUT DENNIED GOD BUT PETER WAS FORGIVING AND JUDAS WENT TO HELL BECAUSE HE COMMIT SUCIDE, SIMPLE! I THINK GOD KNWS ONE DAY IS COMING U WILL AS THIS QUESTION THAT IS Y IT WAS DONE!

did the bible say judas went to hell? what makes you think he did not repent? by the way judas is
asleep in the grave now, hell is not available for destruction of the wicked until after the resurrection of the wicked.
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
It mustnt be in a bible for it to be a sin. Sum pple need life nd u have opportunity to leave long u nw commit suicide for mumu reasons.
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Incrizz(f): 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
koolet: Sucide is a broad statement which could occur in many ways.. Christ knows hes gonna be killed on earth bt he came and sacrificed himself, U see datz sucidal....

Hey there..
In scripture "hung on a tree" MEANS the person committed suicide, k?
Deut 21:23 the body must not remain hanging from the tree overnight. You must bury the body that same day, for anyone who is hung is cursed in the sight of God. In this way, you will prevent the defilement of the land the LORD your God is giving you as your special possession.
Gal 3:13 But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”

So, you are right: Jesus knew He was going to die and offered Himself and became cursed! For what?? Out of love for His God and us.

@OP
Like others have said:
19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,

1cor 3:17 God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.

(Bible version: New Living translation)

1 Like

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by komek(m): 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
goldylock:

U got me laughing out loud.
I don't know if their book as u called it is a WAR MANUAL.
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by domido(m): 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Cursed ȋ̝̊̅§ the man dat hangeth on a̷̷̴̐͠ tree. Don't really ♌✽ where it ȋ̝̊̅§ I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the bible but dats bible's take.
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Gabrielsylar(m): 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Suicide is NOT a sin except its you that killed urself....dame ebele rotimi ameachi jonathan jang

1 Like

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by rezzy: 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
uhuogba: I think "Thou shall not kill" means don't kill your fellow human.( Gi egbula ochu in igbo) Going by your argument then "thou shall not kill" means don't kill anything!
Don't you think so?
Is there any other citation that is specific about suicide?

Killing someone or urself is a sin provided there was a killing
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by felifeli: 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
I challenge you to commit suicide and see if you will reach heaven.
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by Littlehooper: 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
EXODUS 20 vs 13..... IT APPLIES TO SUICIDE, HOMICIDE, FRATRICIDE AS SO ON
SUICIDE IS SIN UNTO GOD
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by tosingcfr(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
Suicide is the only sin that has no forgiveness cos no chance for repentance

Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by wizzymate(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
Death is God's way of saying u are fired. Suicide is man's way of saying, I quit, u can't fire me!
Re: Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. by COvo(m): 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
colombiana: don't kill anything!!!!! Bros calm down na. So all all of wen dey kill chicken, goats, ram, cow we dey commit sin. Chai that time for benin I kill lizards well well with my catapult.
MUMU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / UNBELIEVABLE GOODNEWS!!! Get Any Ebook Into Your Phone Anywhere You Are. / On Masturbation...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.