Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members (29636 Views)

Buhari Withdraws Diplomatic, Official Passports From Ex- Governors / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians / Govt Orders Withdrawal Of Troops From Mali. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by simpleseyi: 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
Agimor: Does that supposed to be a news... hissss

I hope this person is not a school certificate holder because only primary school leavers can be pardoned on this. Pls non-Nigerians are on this forum, stop speaking or typing like Dame imPatience Jonathan even if you were her classmate.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by solomon111(m): 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Biggest party, sure.

Most sophisticated....LMAO!

In all of Africa's 54 nations, even a herd of cows has more dignity and class than PDP.
Believe what you may,but there is no party in Africa that can match the sophistication of PDP.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by taharqa: 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
berem: But Emordi, at the meeting, pointedly
told the President that the idea of
using cash to buy the support of
members of NASS was wrong
approach, because events of the past
in the NASS had shown that it was
capable of having a negative effect.
Our source said she told the
Presidency that she had been in the
Senate and understands how
members think. In fact, she reportedly
told the President that the idea was
dumb, our source said.

A special adviser gave the president a good and candid advice, and suddenly, the president sacks the special adviser? You see why Jonathan remains a retarrdd? smh.
TOOOL. You believe everytin you read in d papers, right?? ...to many DONKEYS around *smh*
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by solomon111(m): 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
taharqa: TOOOL. You believe everytin you read in d papers, right?? ...to many DONKEYS around *smh*
The same emordi that is an ally of tambuwal and some idiots expect me to believe her.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by PointB: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
I recall a commentator in a different thread once said GEJ is playing his cards to quickly. My response then was that there are several cards in a playing deck - the Aces and Jokers inclusive. There is no point holding cards if you can't play them. Same response is apt for the occasion.

The members of the National Assembly do not need diplomatic passports ab initio. I wonder who gave them such privilege in the first place. Though withdrawing it has political undertone, but the ordinary Nigerians will love such move. So, nice one GEJ.

I expect the legislators to play the impeachment card soon enough - their Joker. But then such card will naturally be countered by several other available cards. Let this game continue. FRESH AIR till 2019. Haters should stand in front of train in one of the several new train track or hug a new transformer.

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
eGuerrilla: The Presidency has my undiluted support here.
Let's make these overpaid legislators feel the pain of the common man by queuing up at foreign embassies across the land. grin
The President may be right but his action is selfish. He attacks any person he suspects to be against his 2015 ambition. I don't know any former leader that used the instrument of the state to opress people like GEJ.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2013
taharqa: TOOOL. You believe everytin you read in d papers, right?? ...to many DONKEYS around *smh*
retarrdds do think alike,don't they? you just shot yourself on your foot!
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Delafruita(m): 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
homesteady:

Very good point!
how is that a good point?are the needs of 1960 same as today?
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by simpleseyi: 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
solomon111: Believe what you may,but there is no party in Africa that can match the sophistication of PDP.

Yes, you are very right, there is no party in Africa that can match the corruption and corrupt looters in PDP including but not limited to Bode George, James Ibori (Guiness Book of record holder of most family members in jail simultaneously for treasury looting), DSP Alams, Timi Tipreye, IBB, OBJ, Alao Akala, Gbenga Daniel, late Agagu. Godswill Akpabio, Atiku Abubakar, Bamanga Tukur, Mohammed Abacha, Sanni Yerima and Jesus on earth and her husband Dr & Dame Goodluck and Sheppopotamus Jonathan. Anyway, APC too has a couple of looters who are trying to match PDP looters e.g. Tinubu, Fashola, Kuforiji (Lagos Speaker), George Akume e.t.c
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Kairoseki77: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
solomon111: Believe what you may,but there is no party in Africa that can match the sophistication of PDP.

In what way?
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Repentance(m): 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
SMH D HUNTER HAVE BECOME D HAUNTED.LET THE LEGISLATORS FACE THE DANCE!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Kairoseki77: 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
simpleseyi:

Yes, you are very right, there is no party in Africa that can match the corruption and corrupt looters in PDP including but not limited to Bode George, James Ibori (Guiness Book of record holder of most family members in jail simultaneously for treasury looting), DSP Alams, Timi Tipreye, IBB, OBJ, Alao Akala, Gbenga Daniel, late Agagu. Godswill Akpabio, Atiku Abubakar, Bamanga Tukur, Mohammed Abacha, Sanni Yerima and Jesus on earth and her husband Dr & Dame Goodluck and Sheppopotamus Jonathan. Anyway, APC too has a couple of looters who are trying to match PDP looters e.g. Tinubu, Fashola, Kuforiji (Lagos Speaker), George Akume e.t.c

You lost it when you said Fashola was a looter. Even his enemies know that he is not the type to loot.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by jmaine: 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
slimikenna: Jona SACKS Emordi for telling him NOT TO BRIBE senators and HoR members after he had bribed them in bolingo hotels.

Jona WITHDRAWS diplomatic passport from ALL senators and HoR members.

Both in one weekend. lol. any CREDIBLE source?

and i hate to say this, but this shows that the END is nigh and they are running out of TIME to bring GEJ down with mudslinging and propaganda THINGS.
If u want to defeat GEJ, bring a credible candidate, campaign well and meet ur opposition at the polls.

QED . . . . . . .

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by jmaine: 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
The President may be right but his action is selfish. He attacks any person he suspects to be against his 2015 ambition. I don't know any former leader that used the instrument of the state to opress people like GEJ.

Don't even go there . . . OBJ is a brutal don . . . . .
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
Game on....
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by seangy4konji: 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
Dis guy is doing like a dictator already!!!Hope no bloodshed if he does not win 2015 cos I think he is really struggling at d moment and its just 2013!!!
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Gbawe: 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
simpleseyi:

I even like how you cautioned others to be aware that non-Nigerians read this forum. When many Nigerians lie shamelessly and fraudulently, as we see on this forum daily, this only serves to uphold the stereotypes bandied about while reinforcing the tag of "fraudsters" others vehemently claim we all deserve as Nigerians. How on Earth will even a child call the PDP the most sophisticated Party in Africa when it is not even such in Nigeria? Regularly , and as you state, the PDP only manages to be an example of backwardness despite being the ruling Party which should set examples.

The Party is regularly indicted of wrongdoing and shamelessly backward antics. I know it will not please the average GEJ fan to read what is revealed below but the PDP does not even reach the ankle of others in sophistication and finesse. If it is criminality, thuggery and gaining power by all means, then the PDP is of course miles ahead of others. For anything good and positive, then count the PDP out.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/113892-inecs-audit-report-on-parties-indicts-pdp-54-others-

INEC’s audit report on parties indicts PDP, 54 others

• Clears ACN for up-to-date records

AN audit report on political parties in the country released Monday by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for 2011 has indicted the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for failing to keep up-to-date financial records.

In the report, which covers the 56 registered political parties, about 54 of them were indicted for flouting the provisions of the Electoral Act, which stipulate modalities for the running of parties, including details of their earnings and expenditures.

Only the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and the Citizens Popular Party (CPP) were certified as having complied with the provisions of section 93(2) of the Electoral Act, 2010.

In the report, INEC said of the PDP: “The party does not have a prepared audited financial statement for 2011. Conventional books of accounts were not properly kept as required by section 93(2) of the Electoral Act, 2010. The party did not maintain Fixed Assets Register both in the headquarters and zonal offices…”

But the report said of the ACN: “The party has an internal Audited Report for the year under review. Conventional books of Accounts were maintained. Budget and Budgetary Control were in place and the party has a well defined Fixed Assets…”

Reacting to the report, the South West Publicity Secretary of the ACN, Ayo Afolabi, said: “We are not surprised at the report, we in ACN have always kept to INEC’s rules and regulations. Everybody knows that it is only the PDP that flouts INEC’s regulations. The PDP normally does this with impunity because it has Aso Rock backing it. The verdict has been given by INEC that ACN is the party that truly believes in the rule of law.”

Efforts to get PDP’s reaction failed as the telephone of the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, was said to have been switched off.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by simpleseyi: 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kairoseki77:

You lost it when you said Fashola was a looter. Even his enemies know that he is not the type to loot.

That is what makes me different from you. I say things the way I see them. Fashola & Tinubu have been looting Lagos, they own everything in Lagos including human beings in Lagos like you and I. God is patiently waiting for the right time to show them that He, God is Lord over everything. As for the PDP looters, God is already taking them out and sending them 6-feet under one after the other e.g. Late Suntai , Jonathan's brother, Dame Sheppopotamus's mother, Patrick Owoye Azazi, Patrick Yakowa, Segun Agagu, Augustus Aikhomu, , Stella Obasanjo, Mariam Babangida e.t.c. Their loots could not stop DEATH. Meanwhile my 105 to 110 years old grandmother is still playing basketball, eating kolanut and doing 100 push-ups every morning, the same way we were told Yar'Adua was doing abroad whereas Yar'Adua as at that time has gone to meet Abacha.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Demdem:

What militancy?
Those fools needed money and that was it. Di u think they were fighting for nd presidency.
Sambo will give them even more than what Jonathan gave.
Fool, deal with it. No useless militant will want Jonathan back when well settled.
Nigeria is breaking no where. We would have just impeached an incompetent arseholle.
What's the big deal in that?
If you are not a parasite in the Niger delta oil you won't like Nigeria to remain as one country.
You hate Jonathan Goodluck but you need his Oil abi?
People like you hates the truth and are the destroyers of this great country.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Godson201333(m): 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
what is wrong with Badluck Jo----lan tern?
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by DaLover(m): 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
Demdem:

Jonathan will be impeached and nothing will happen. Noisemakers from his villages will be settled since that is the only language they understand and a new improved JTF will be sent to the region to annex it and deal decisively with miscreants like u who will like to forment trouble.
All this within 3months and normalcy returns.
Keep dreaming on man, even if Abacha settled afenifere leaders to forget Abiola, it doesn't mean ND will let it go, oil is the glue that holds this country together, your kind aren't bold enuf to let go.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by ndcide(m): 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
Good!!
any gang up against Jona shall scatter. and the enemies on NL shall be dumbfounded.
Look at the hypocritical mofos
who want the president disgraced. when he fights baxk they complain. fools, if you fight GEJ, it is normal for him to fight back.

6 Likes

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by ba7man(m): 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
Right move.......wrong motive.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by DaLover(m): 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
berem: But Emordi, at the meeting, pointedly
told the President that the idea of
using cash to buy the support of
members of NASS was wrong
approach, because events of the past
in the NASS had shown that it was
capable of having a negative effect.
Our source said she told the
Presidency that she had been in the
Senate and understands how
members think. In fact, she reportedly
told the President that the idea was
dumb, our source said.

A special adviser gave the president a good and candid advice, and suddenly, the president sacks the special adviser? You see why Jonathan remains a retarrdd? smh.

Why on earth would you believe this story! Hook, line and sinker...take am easy sha
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by phildon: 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source
Point of correction: Colours of Passports-
Diplomatic Passports-Red
Official Passports-Blue
Standard Passports-Green

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Infoay: 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
crown777: Jonathan met with the Queen of England.

He asked her, "How do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips u can give to me? I want to help Nigeria."

"Well," said the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."

Jonathan frowned, and then asked,"But how do i know the people around me are really intelligent?"

The Queen replied, "Oh, that's easy, you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle." The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. "Please send David Cameron in here, would you?"

David Cameron walked into the room and said,"Yes, your majesty?"

The Queen smiled and said, "Answer this riddle. David, your mother and father have a child, it is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?" Without pausing for a minute David Cameron answered, "that would be me."

"Yes, very good," said the Queen.

Jonathan went back home to ask his Vice President Sambo.

JONATHAN: Answer this. Your mother and your father have a child, it's not your brother and it's not your sister, who is it?

SAMBO: "I'm not sure, let me get back to you."

He asked all his staff in the Office but none could give him an answer. Finally, one day, VP Sambo ran into Dora Akunyili. Sambo asked, Dora,

SAMBO: Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or sister, who is it?"

Dora answered sharply, "That's easy, its me!" Sambo smiled,and said "Thanks!"

Then he went back to speak with President Jonathan.

Sambo: Sir, I have the answer to that riddle, It's Dora Akunyili!

Jonathan got angry,he said to Sambo. "No wonder Nigeria isn't moving forward, I am surrounded by Dummies! The answer is David Cameron!"

WHO IS MORE INTELLIGENT?

I rest my case..
Well analysed. You have said it all
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
phildon:
Point of correction: Colours of Passports-
Diplomatic Passports-Red
Official Passports-Blue
Standard Passports-Green

It is always good to know these things. Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
There shouldn't be anything unusual about this cos it is not their right in the first place. That priviledge was one of the errors of Yaradua govt. And many Nigerians have forgotten the public outcry against it then. They need to go back to what it used to be. Period.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
The presidency should save the equivocation and tell us why he took such action if not because he suspects that most of these senators may tergervasate come 2015
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by talktimi(m): 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
People are missing the point here. Why were NA members issued diplomatic passports in the first place & how are we sure such passports arent still in the hands of ex-members of the NA ? The issue of impeachment will be addressed at the appropriate time.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
[quote
author=PointB]I recall a commentator in a different thread once said
GEJ is playing his cards to quickly. My response then was that there are
several cards in a playing deck - the Aces and Jokers inclusive. There
is no point holding cards if you can't play them. Same response is apt
for the occasion.

The members of the National Assembly do not need diplomatic passports
ab initio. I wonder who gave them such privilege in the first place.
Though withdrawing it has political undertone, but the ordinary
Nigerians will love such move. So, nice one GEJ.

I expect the legislators to play the impeachment card soon enough -
their Joker. But then such card will naturally be countered by several
other available cards. Let this game continue. FRESH AIR till 2019.
Haters should stand in front of train in one of the several new train
track or hug a new transformer.[/quote]
Thanks for your intelligent submission. But I wonder why Nigerians forget so quickly. I lack the words with which to quantify the public outcry that greeted the issuance of diplomatic passport to these Hon. members some few years back by Yaradua administration. Why have we forgotten?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by clint77ng: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nigerians r unbelievable. People were fightinng GEJ and we called him names, Jonathan, Jonathan, clueless, amaechi has more charisma, he doesnt have this, he doesnt have that. Now he decides to fight back and we still call him names and condemn his actions. He should play any politics he knows to survive cos God of Abraham is always with him.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

John Godson,Nigerian-Born Polish Legislator Visits His Hometown (Pics) / Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister / DSS Captures Khalid Barnawi - Ahmad Salkida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.