Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party (15133 Views)

PDP Governors Set To Form A New Party - Peoplesdailyng.com / 2 PDP Governors Set To Move To APC-Kwankwaso / Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by Manchidede(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2013
There is no let up in the crises in the ruling Peoples Democratic Party,PDP,as the seven “rebel” governors may have resolved to turn their backs finally against the party and shut out further reconciliations.They are heading to the Accord Party,and former president Olusegun Obasanjo is being touted as the national leader.The decision was taken at a meeting of the aggrieved leaders of the nPDP in Abuja yesterday. A competent source close to the group told Sunday sun that the choice of Accord Party was arrived at following a careful study of current trends in the polity, the terrain and current political dynamics.

However, only six of the governors opted for the Accord party.Sokoto state governor,Aliu Wammakko was said to have a preference for the All Peoples congress,APC.The group is mulling an electoral alliance with the APC in the 2015 elections.

Contary to widely held belief that the nPDP would likely wash up in the APC, the party was jettisioned following fears that it might be “swallowed”and it’s cause and identity lost.The source hinted:”Tinubu and Buhari are already firmly established in the party and may not be willing to concede much grounds.Besides their ambitions are not hidden.We want a party where positions are still open and nothing is foreclosed. We also want to be respected”The likely presidential candidate of the party was still a closely guided secret as the source said it was not discussed. Sunday sun however learnt that Obasanjo is disposed towards a Muhammadu Buhari candidacy when the alliance with Apc is formed.

Again the source said:”A most likely source of friction is the position of running mate to the presidential candidate in the alliance.six governors in nPDP compares in strength with the six in the former ACN.”

A former governor of oyo state Rasheed Ladoja who is now a leader of Accord Party was said to be part of the meeting. The announcement may be made during the week.

Obasanjo has been a force in the various negotiations for peace in the party since the August 31 rebellion that that trailed the special convention of the PDP.Although a hotch-potch peace pact was reached at the last meeting last Sunday, the protagonists had since dug back to their original positions.If the movement to Accord Party pulls through, the stenght of the PDP in the National Assembly will be vitiated,but it will not yet make for easy change of leadership at the relevant arms of government.
credit http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/rebel-governors-set-to-join-accord-party/

updates @
http://..com/
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
They could join the Corolla Party for all I care.

17 Likes

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by TRUTHTELA: 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
Rogues being MISLEAD by a bigger ROGUE & DULLARD that could not win his ward in Ogun state, and the same old APE was rubbished by Gbenga Daniel & he couldn't deliver his senatorial zone to his daughter, yet, his like minds failed to see that he is NOBODY. Let me be generous here, These rogues can only win Governorship elections in their states & that's it. No presidency for them.

14 Likes

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by ProfessorPeter(m): 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
From discord to accord

7 Likes

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by Dpeacemaker101: 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
They are looking for a party that they will corrupt with their evil minds, if they like make them enter any party they will still loose elections.

2 Likes

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by danot1030: 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
dis is d end of pdp d aclaimd largest party in africa, due 2 d poor leadership of tukur n d opresiv natur of gej, wen gej was supos 2 concetrat wit d work governanc he ws busy huntin n opresin amechi. HE DAT LIVS IN A GLASS HOUSE DONT FIGHT WIT STON.

2 Likes

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by MrCal: 2:00am On Sep 23, 2013
as for PDP in Nigeria, 4get it. Goodluck should just run the second term under another platform
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:18am On Sep 23, 2013
^^^
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:19am On Sep 23, 2013
pro01: They could join the Corolla Party for all I care.
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue e dey pain u ni?

1 Like

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2013
TRUTHTELA: Rogues being MISLEAD by a bigger ROGUE & DULLARD that could not win his ward in Ogun state, and the same old APE was rubbished by Gbenga Daniel & he couldn't deliver his senatorial zone to his daughter, yet, his like minds failed to see that he is NOBODY. Let me be generous here, These rogues can only win Governorship elections in their states & that's it. No presidency for them.
bros, i'm sure it can't be only me seeing the foolishness in ur statement. if OBJ is nobody, apart from a retardedd asswipe with a fish brain, what is Jonathan? undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by ShineIt: 10:24am On Sep 23, 2013
Next will be the registration of UPN to further polarise the polity.

GEJ carry go, you too much.

3 Likes

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by 80million1: 10:25am On Sep 23, 2013
okay o
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by talksankey: 10:27am On Sep 23, 2013
They can join d moon party,for all i care. Selfish guys they only care for thier stomachs
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by Nnemco22: 10:28am On Sep 23, 2013
how those diz affect d price of MTN Bundles?any way first to comment Dancing .........Skelewu..
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by nkemKalu: 10:32am On Sep 23, 2013
JONATHAN...GOING? GOING? GOING?.........GONE. THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BIGGEST BAZAAR SALES OF 2015
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by SIRKOL(m): 10:32am On Sep 23, 2013
Goodluck jonathan is confused, our future leaders are confused, politics is marauding our country, our youth are wasting due to unemployment yet our leaders only debate on which party to rule instead of supporting the ruler in power. It only shows their selfishness n political ignorance!!! 9jerias only hope is the $OUNDING TRUMPENT....
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by resdan(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2013
Lolz.....cant stop laughing...|there was a party named "pdp"|@those that think obj is nt paramount...2015 wil speak......fp sha...tho' £nd Time dy Affect this nation
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by kennyonthrone(m): 10:34am On Sep 23, 2013
Na attendance i kum mk i sign so una go knw say i ws present *wetin concern me na dia juan mata*
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by aspabay(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2013
Opin Aye
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by resdan(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2013
Nnemco22: how those diz affect d price of MTN Bundles?any way first to comment Dancing .........Skelewu..

U are From Which planet? angry first ko last ni
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by link2ok(m): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2013
With the forces behind Jonathan breaking down in2 tiny bits, in adddition to him creating more enemies xpecially wit the "special one" in Nigeria politics OBJ! My fingers re crossed patiently waiting for wat wuld happn in 2015! Bt my greatest fear is wat wuld happn afta d election! Hope d end tym wnt start 4rm Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by Policewoman(f): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2013
These protestant PDP Scallywags aka Rebel Governors are just a bunch of circus clowns. From accord party i'm sure the will foolishly find themselves out of power and out of money. Bunch of ret@rds.

3 Likes

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by nerodenero: 10:43am On Sep 23, 2013
pro01: They could join the Corolla Party for all I care.
Professor Peter: From discord to accord
grin grin grin
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by Chudi99(m): 10:44am On Sep 23, 2013
If there have decided to joine Accord party what then hapens to their newly registerd party PDM and Atiku or is it that there want to cause confusion in Accord Patrty before returning to PDM?
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by Kairoseki77: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2013
Contary to widely held belief that the nPDP would likely wash up in the APC, the party was jettisioned following fears that it might be “swallowed”and it’s cause and identity lost.

Smart thinking!

APC should remain true to its vision. No need to vacuum up random PDP thieves just to make the party bigger. If any of them join, let them come based on individual merit.

1 Like

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by Sicozone(m): 10:49am On Sep 23, 2013
AM TIRED OF READING ALL THIS KIND NEWS
AM TIRED OF MAKING FIRST PAGE
AM TIRED OF WAKING UP TO NAIRALAND TO SEE ASUU STRIKE CALLED OFF
AM TIRED OF SLEEPING ALL DAY
AM TIRED OF HELPING WITH USELESS HOME CHORES
ASUU PLEASE NOW!!!. undecided sad cry

NA BEG WE DEY BEG.....
Ejo n tori oloun. Ti yin o ni baje.....
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by WildChild00(m): 10:51am On Sep 23, 2013
Tunibu dey run things, no shifting of ground for any new members...... cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by princesammmy: 10:53am On Sep 23, 2013
Time end things
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by calaway: 10:54am On Sep 23, 2013
ALL THIS BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT GEJ AS PRESIDENT IN 2015 BUT THEY CAN CONTINUE TO TAKE HIS OIL ABI. NIGERIA SHINE UNA EYE OO!!! THEY MAKE NOISE THAT PDP IS THE PROBLEM BUT APC SAYS THAT OTHER PDP MEMBERS ARE WELLCOME TO JOIN APC EXCEPT JONATHAN. SO THE PROBLEM IS JOHNATHAN NOT PDP.
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by WildChild00(m): 10:56am On Sep 23, 2013
Policewoman: These protestant PDP Scallywags aka Rebel Governors are just a bunch of circus clowns. From accord party i'm sure the will foolishly find themselves out of power and out of money. Bunch of ret@rds.

With political mathematician like Obj leading the troops, I think they will give the "old PDP" guys made up of Mr Fix it, Gej and co a fight for their money on the battle field.
Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by Kairoseki77: 10:57am On Sep 23, 2013
Policewoman: These protestant PDP Scallywags aka Rebel Governors are just a bunch of circus clowns. From accord party i'm sure the will foolishly find themselves out of power and out of money. Bunch of ret@rds.

Don't be too sure. Tinubu started out as a single rebel Governor. The President even withheld Lagos's FG Allocation for YEARS during the fight.

Instead of getting weaker, Tinubu was able to lead his party to victory again and again. Eventually taking over the entire SW, and now he is a founding member of the largest opposition party in our history.

Look at Ameachi. First he was a lone Governor fighting Sheppopotamus and GEJ, but now he has many powerful allies and they have formed the third largest opposition party.

Never count anyone out. No one knows what tomorrow brings.

6 Likes

Re: Rebel Governors Set To Join Accord Party by Anniettieufia(m): 10:59am On Sep 23, 2013
But the man is not around now ,

i think it is too early for them to join any party now,
They should just wait till January 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki And Ekweremadu’s Marriage Of Convenience Might Not Last – Sen Sodangi / Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG / Kogi Election: Natasha Akpoti Says She Will Be The First Female Gov. In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.