Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (31388 Views)

The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka / Jonathan’s Igbo Internet Warriors Are A Disgrace To Humanity By C. Don Adinuba / Bringbackjonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
F00028:

MY GOD! sagamouse you are an i'diot tongue

do you have put a lot of work into being this insufferable or is it a gift

FROM NOW ON THIS APPLIES TO ALL MY POSTS: sagamouse and other ignorant buffoons need not answer because screaming “person!” wont count as a rebuttal.

You are a person!

Your madrassa educated arsse can never have the intellect to deceive me. Fooool!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Your madrassa educated arsse can never have the intellect to deceive me. Fooool!

F00028:

FROM NOW ON THIS APPLIES TO ALL MY POSTS: sagamouse and other ignorant buffoons need not answer because screaming “person!” wont count as a rebuttal.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2012
F00028:
x

I said shut up, person!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2012
As I said, people would follow the behaviours of their most reverred messenger.

Muhammed himself ordered several killings of people that distrespected him, so don't be surprised if there are muslims willing to kill because Muhammed was disrespected.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by shuddyy: 9:11pm On Sep 27, 2012
Sagamite: As I said, people would follow the behaviours of their most reverred messenger.

Muhammed himself ordered several killings of people that distrespected him, so don't be surprised if there are muslims willing to kill because Muhammed was disrespected.

Hey FUCKmite, its time for your drugs!

3 Likes

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
shuddyy:

Hey FUCKmite, its time for your drugs!

You are a person!

1 Like

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2012
Sagamite:

I said shut up, person!

F00028:

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
Sagamite: As I said, people would follow the behaviours of their most reverred messenger.

F00028:

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by mekaboy(m): 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 10:32pm On Sep 27, 2012
F00028:
x

person!

[Quran 5:33] "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter."
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2012
Sagamite:

person!

[Quran 5:33] "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter."

Well, you wage war against God, He wages one back.

I know you’re shaking your pea-brained head right about now so try and wrap it around this:

death to followers of other religions - (Exodus 22:20)

just one person worships another god? – DEATH TO ENTIRE TOWN (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)

don't listen to priests? – DEATH (Deuteronomy 17:12)

gay? – DEATH (Leviticus 20:13)

do a little astrology? – DEATH (Leviticus 20:27)

fool around? – DEATH (Leviticus 20:10)

priest’s daughter fool around? –DEATH (Leviticus 21:9)

kill nonbelievers- : (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)

fake pastors? – DEATH (Zechariah 13:3 )

not a virgin on your wedding night? – DEATH (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

blasphemy? – DEATH (Leviticus 24:10-16)

disrespectful children – DEATH (2 Kings 2:23-24)
and many, many, many more…

oh yeah, and Jesus says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil". (Mathew 5:17)

my God! sagamouse you’re an I’diot! you shudda known better than to come at me with this. tongue

and what did i say about people who live in glass houses?
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
F00028:

Well, you wage war against God, He wages one back.

I know you’re shaking your pea-brained head right about now so try and wrap it around this:

death to followers of other religions - (Exodus 22:20)

just one person worships another god? – DEATH TO ENTIRE TOWN (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)

don't listen to priests? – DEATH (Deuteronomy 17:12)

gay? – DEATH (Leviticus 20:13)

do a little astrology? – DEATH (Leviticus 20:27)

fool around? – DEATH (Leviticus 20:10)

priest’s daughter fool around? –DEATH (Leviticus 21:9)

kill nonbelievers- : (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)

fake pastors? – DEATH (Zechariah 13:3 )

not a virgin on your wedding night? – DEATH (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

blasphemy? – DEATH (Leviticus 24:10-16)

disrespectful children – DEATH (2 Kings 2:23-24)
and many, many, many more…

oh yeah, and Jesus says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil". (Mathew 5:17)

my God! sagamouse you’re an I’diot! you shudda known better than to come at me with this. tongue

You are a person!

You are a what?

Say it!

Say "person"!

Cretin, No 1, who told you I am a Xtian or I give a shyt about Xtianity? What glass houses are you talking about? Are you this dumb? person!

No 2, do you see Xtians practicing those acts like muslims do?

Mooooron!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 6:39pm On Sep 28, 2012
Sagamite:
who told you I am a Xtian or I give a shyt about Xtianity? What glass houses are you talking about? Are you this dumb? person!

then what was this infantile tantrum all about

Sagamite:

You are a person!

No 1, where in the bible did it say be harsh to unbelievers and you will go to heaven.

No 2, where do Xtian practice such edict with the belief they would go to heaven.

person, don't come back here saying Catholic priest molested kids because they believe it would get them to heaven.

FOOOOL! grin

F00028:

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2012
F00028:

then what was this infantile tantrum all about

You are a person!

Answer my questions, fool!

You thought I was a Xtian? You moronic arsse was feeling cool and funky with yourself that you "got me"? grin grin grin grin grin

F00028: my God! sagamouse you’re an I’diot! you shudda known better than to come at me with this. tongue

Cretin! grin grin grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ba7man(m): 2:25am On Sep 29, 2012
The title of the post should be "Man against Humanity". The Bible says "The heart of Man is desperately wicked" so even if there was no religion man would have found other excuses to debase his fellow man. Speaking for Christianity (Followers of Christ),we are supposed to use Jesus as a template on which we base our lives and his teachings the base of our moral judgement and reasoning. The Old Testaments may b filled with some questionable activities but our orientation sways more to the New Testaments. Now read your Bibles and decide for yourself if the character of Jesus isn't worth emulating.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by dartsidius7(m): 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
ekt_bear:

So I think there is an element of this. Human beings are just mean by nature. So it doesn't make sense to attribute many of the bad things people do to their religion.

After all, if I run a red light or something, Christianity probably shouldn't be blamed for that.

However, in my opinion, certain religions encourage and enhance the baser instincts of humanity (Islam being a prime example of this), while others promote the positive instincts of humanity (Mormonism being a pretty good example of this, imo).

Thats a biased way of reasoning. I have seen in both religious books, how many people tend to interpret different verses in different ways. some christians say that its bad to drink while others say, drink, but in proportion. the extremists that carry out this nasty acts might have some screws loose but we cant generalise and say that the religion is bad. thats just like saying that all hausa people are wicked because of boko haram. I have not seen how the muslim religion enhance that mean human instinct.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
dartsidius7:

Thats a biased way of reasoning. I have seen in both religious books, how many people tend to interpret different verses in different ways. some christians say that its bad to drink while others say, drink, but in proportion. the extremists that carry out this nasty acts might have some screws loose but we cant generalise and say that the religion is bad. thats just like saying that all hausa people are wicked because of boko haram. I have not seen how the muslim religion enhance that mean human instinct.

We can't say the religion is bad but we can DEFINITELY blame the religion for these people's actions.

Another one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19776747
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ba7man(m): 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2012
Sagamite:

We can't say the religion is bad but we can DEFINITELY blame the religion for these people's actions.

Another one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19776747
let me try to focus your point. We could also blame the people that interprete Religions to suit their selfish purposes.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
ba7man: let me try to focus your point. We could also blame the people that interprete Religions to suit their selfish purposes.

If you did that, then you have not applied a root cause analysis and a comprehensive analysis.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by seguntijan(m): 8:53am On Oct 02, 2012
ebamma: Buddhism is mainly practised in china,singapore,taiwan,srilanka,mongolia and you will never hear of a buddhist terrorist organisation spreading terror or killing people,
Hinduism is mainly practised in india and you will never hear that there is a hindu terrorist organisation spreading terror
Christianity is mainly practised in vatican city,brazil,mexico,argentina and venezuela,but you will never hear of a christian terrorist organization spreading terror
Islam is mainly practised in saudi arabia,iraq,iran,somalia and pakistan,Terror and violence is their forte.
hello, mind you there are problems everywhere in the world except the city of mecca and medinah in saudi. I also want to tell you that those islamic countries where we have war are been caused by the West[AMERICA] because of their oil. America will support Isreal against Pakistan so that after their victory she will have a share in Pakistan oil this is what happen in Libya also and we all know the politics behind Boko haram to de-stabilse Jonathan admin. Islam preaches peace, but most muslims doesnt pratice what the Quran teaches as most christains doesnt pratice what the bible Preaches.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2012
seguntijan:
hello, mind you there are problems everywhere in the world except the city of mecca and medinah in saudi. I also want to tell you that those islamic countries where we have war are been caused by the West[AMERICA] because of their oil. America will support Isreal against Pakistan so that after their victory she will have a share in Pakistan oil this is what happen in Libya also and we all know the politics behind Boko haram to de-stabilse Jonathan admin. Islam preaches peace, but most muslims doesnt pratice what the Quran teaches as most christains doesnt pratice what the bible Preaches.

No 1, which oil does Pakistan have?

No 2, Islam does not preach peace. That is utter rubbish. Islam preaches conditional antagonism.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
Sagamite:
Islam does not preach peace. That is utter rubbish. Islam preaches conditional antagonism.

Islam is not head in the clouds pacifism. it preaches peace and the need to prepared because no matter how you may want to coexist peacefully with your neighbours, you can't make them adopt the same attitude.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
seguntijan:

seguntijan, I think most Muslims do practice what the Qur'an teaches only that it's the ones that dont that get all the media coverage.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
F00028:

Islam is not head in the clouds pacifism. it preaches peace and the need to prepared because no matter how you may want to coexist peacefully with your neighbours, you can't make them adopt the same attitude.

Islam does not PREACH PEACE!

Islam preaches CONDITIONAL ANTAGONISM!

Conditions:

- Accept Islam or, at least, the sovereign power and superiority of Islam over you and we will leave you in peace.

- On the other hand, if we do not have the power to do above, don't fck with us and we will not fck with you. If you fck with us, we will bring catastrophe by all means possible when and if we can.

- If both above are achieved, then we will not be antagonistic and you will have peace (at least, until the day we have the power over you).

That, in summary, was what Muhammed practiced.

THAT IS NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE! It is the most violent major religion in the world!

Across the world, other religions normally do, by and large, coexist very peacefully with each other. The only frequent causes of violent friction is when one of the other religions is Islam, then you have violence. It is muslims that people need to make adopt a peaceful attitude!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2012
Sagamite:

Islam does not PREACH PEACE!

Islam preaches CONDITIONAL ANTAGONISM!

Conditions:

- Accept Islam or, at least, the sovereign power and superiority of Islam over you and we will leave you in peace.

- On the other hand, if we do not have the power to do above, don't fck with us and we will not fck with you. If you fck with us, we will bring catastrophe by all means possible when and if we can.

- If both above are achieved, then we will not be antagonistic and you will have peace (at least, until the day we have the power over you).

That, in summary, was what Muhammed practiced.

THAT IS NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE! It is the most violent major religion in the world!

Across the world, other religions normally do, by and large, coexist very peacefully with each other. The only frequent exceptions is when one of the other religions is Islam, then you have violence. It is muslims that people need to make adopt a peaceful attitude!

alright then. what's a better way? a better system, religion...whatever?
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2012
F00028:

alright then. what's a better way? a better system, religion...whatever?

I don't have regards for any religion. They are all absolute tosh for a thinking man. Men claiming they spoke to or saw God? Fcking BS!

But it I was to rate major religions in terms of quality, Islam would be at the bottom.

That said, I don't hate Islam or think it is totally bad or think people should not follow it. I just find it the most dangerous and unrefined out of all major religions. It must be regulated and practiced with care, mainly by enlightened minds, like they do in Yorubaland and Turkey. Once you mix illiteracy and Islam, it is potentially combustible.

It is the only violent religion where followers can go to the place of worship and preach arbitrary and random hate and killing unchallenged! Hardly does anyone in the mosque have the guts or will to even challenge such.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2012
Sagamite:

I don't have regards for any religion. They are all absolute tosh for a thinking man. Men claiming they spoke to or saw God? Fcking BS!

But it I was to rate major religions in terms of quality, Islam would be at the bottom.

That said, I don't hate Islam or think it is totally bad or think people should not follow it. I just find it the most dangerous and unrefined out of all major religions. It must be regulated and practiced with care, mainly by enlightened minds, like they do in Yorubaland and Turkey. Once you mix illiteracy and Islam, it is potentially combustible.

It is the only violent religion where followers can go to the place of worship and preach arbitrary and random hate and killing unchallenged! Hardly does anyone in the mosque have the guts or will to even challenge such.

the question is still unanswered.
what's a better way? a better system, religion...whatever?
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
F00028:

the question is still unanswered.
what's a better way? a better system, religion...whatever?

Better system than what?
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by debosky(m): 6:57pm On Oct 02, 2012
seguntijan:

Pakistan oil? Are you insane or just fond of talking absolute rubbish? What oil reserves of note are in Pakistan? undecided

Was the West also responsible for Usman Dan Fodio and his policy of 'accept Islam or die' to the 'pagans' in the North, or accept Islam or pay us tributes?

When Mohammed himself was involved in wars and killings, how can anyone now say the religion he established preaches 'peace'?

When people believe whatever rubbish they are told, this is the result.

1 Like

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by nduchucks: 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
It seems to me as if any generalization should require the exhibition by a majority, of the acts or behavior being generalized. To take the behavior or a minute number of muslims or christians to conclude that any of these religions is evil, or its practitioners are evil, is actually senseless and possibly bigoted
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
Sagamite:

Better system than what?

Islam is more than just a religion. its a complete integral system, guidence from God for every facet of human existence but you say that's all absolute tosh!

-fine. what do you have that's better?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Dokpesi Returns To Detention As Court Defers Bail Ruling / Samuel Osaigbovo Ogbemudia's Corpse Arrives Benin Aboard Federal Aircraft. PICS / Igbos Didn’t Endorse Atiku, We Are Still Behind Buhari – Uche Nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.