Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Mugabeland - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabeland (8650 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mugabeland by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 25, 2008
LadyT:

angry

His name is MUGARBAGE

I like the ring of that . . . i proposed Mugube but yours is even better.

lucabrasi:

before we start running zimbabwe and mugabe down,all nigerians on here should realise we are ten times worse than mugabe and nigeria would have been worse off if not for the oil,whatever you ll say about the man and how warped his reasoning is,he has not kow towed to the west like our president who said its a priviledge for him to be in the white house and in zimbabwe they have the freedom of information bill which we have found difficult to pass, our currency is not that much better than the zimbabweans considering our resources and the opportunities we v had and no matter how bad mugabe is abacha or ibb or abdusalam are still way ahead,even though he s not allowing the opposition at least he has not assasinated them like we do in nigeria,bola ige comes to mind,ken saro wiwa and the 8,dele giwa,maman vatsa,mko abiola was a bigger and more popular opposition than tvisanga whaever with the same coverage zimbabwe is having now in 1993 but they still jailed him and later killed him mugabe has not done that so lets remove the log in our eyes before the speck in mugabe's

Can we send you a one-way ticket to your paradise in Zimbabwe?
Re: Mugabeland by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2008
davidylan:

Can we send you a one-way ticket to your paradise in Zimbabwe?

roflmao!!
Re: Mugabeland by landis(m): 5:16pm On Jun 25, 2008
This 'CRY BABY' Tsvangirai  is actually a non-starter

Zimbabwean opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai has called for a "negotiated political settlement" which would allow the country to begin "healing".

Does he think Mugabe is going to negotiate or share power with him, when his supporter all ran away like chicken??

Where were his supporters to fight back Mugabe supporters??

He should go and ask Odinga + Kibaki in Kenya.

Also, he is not democratic; if he was, he should have gone to court to request postpone of election. Instead he ran like cry baby to his mother: Dutch Ambassador.

Is this, who really want to be President
grin cheesy grin
Re: Mugabeland by Busybody2(f): 5:29pm On Jun 25, 2008
lucabrasi:

before we start running zimbabwe and mugabe down,all nigerians on here should realise we are ten times worse than mugabe and nigeria would have been worse off if not for the oil,whatever you ll say about the man and how warped his reasoning is,he has not kow towed to the west like our president who said its a priviledge for him to be in the white house and in zimbabwe they have the freedom of information bill which we have found difficult to pass, our currency is not that much better than the zimbabweans considering our resources and the opportunities we v had and no matter how bad mugabe is abacha or ibb or abdusalam are still way ahead,even though he s not allowing the opposition at least he has not assasinated them like we do in nigeria,bola ige comes to mind,ken saro wiwa and the 8,dele giwa,maman vatsa,mko abiola was a bigger and more popular opposition than tvisanga whaever with the same coverage zimbabwe is having now in 1993 but they still jailed him and later killed him mugabe has not done that so lets remove the log in our eyes before the speck in mugabe's

I feel the drift of your sense of reasoning in a way. If not for the white farmers (20% population-80% land ownership) saga, Britain et al, would not give a rat-arse regarding the leadership tenure issue in Zimbabwe. Rwanda, Sudan, Ivory Coast, are a few countries that comes to mind.

@ Sagamite

You have the balls to call someone dim-wit, whilst quoting links from aunty beebs of all news agency whose hypocrisy knows no bound.

Decimalisation as happened recently in Ghana recently can take care of their high currency denomination in the twinkling of an eye, although the calibration is still confusing to some of the Ghanaian citizens in the country over the real strength of the cedis who seems to think one cedis is now worth $1 cheesy 

I also believe the economic situation of the country would slightly improve if Britain lifts the various sanctions imposed on the country. It is the citizens that are suffering the effect of these sanctions, not Mugabe.

I could not not even believe my eyes on seeing the education minister Ed Balls (or whatever bollocks his name is) coming on telly to say Britain has to go in because Tsvangirai decided to step down as opposition in order to prevent possible bloodshed.
Re: Mugabeland by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2008
Busy_body:

I feel the drift of your sense of reasoning in a way. If not for the white farmers (20% population-80% land ownership) saga, Britain et al, would not give a rat-arse regarding the leadership tenure issue in Zimbabwe. Rwanda, Sudan, Ivory Coast, are a few countries that comes to mind.

I dont get your reasoning here. The reason why so many of us think the Brits are only after taking care of the white farmers in Zimbabwe is because we were raised in a culture where government has NO responsibility to her citizens.
Why should Britain be solving crisis in Sudan, Rwanda and IvoryCoast? What is the role of the AU?
Why should we be expecting the WEST to solve our problems? Are we such babies that we need to be constantly mollycoddled by Britain? Have we ever asked why there are no countries in the WEST with the same level of self-imposed deprivation seen in Africa? Do they have 32 heads?

Busy_body:

@ Sagamite

I also believe the economic situation of the country would slightly improve if Britain lifts the various sanctions imposed on the country. It is the citizens that are suffering the effect of these sanctions, not Mugabe.

Britain imposed mostly non-economic sanctions on Zimbabwe. How will allowing Zimbabwean government officials the right to go on holidays in the UK or EU help in improving the rate of inflation?

Busy_body:

I could not not even believe my eyes on seeing the education minister Ed Balls (or whatever bollocks his name is) coming on telly to say Britain has to go in because Tsvangirai decided to step down as opposition in order to prevent possible bloodshed.

Too bad Tsangirai chose to run rather than stand to fight the government of Mugabe. Perhaps we are waiting until Zimbabweans are literarily starving on the streets before we start calling for help? That Tsvangirai is calling on Britain is a big shame on the AU.
Re: Mugabeland by texazzpete(m): 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2008
Busy_body:

So where were you when the international community was mediating in the Ethiopia-Eritrean war? Where were you when international peacekeepers landed in Darfur?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECOMOG
In 2003 ECOWAS, under pressure from the United States, launched a similar mission named ECOMIL to halt the occupation of Monrovia by rebel forces as peace efforts were ongoing, during the Second Liberian Civil War. Always intended as an interim force, it was quickly succeeded by the United Nations mission UNMIL.

Sometimes it pays to be objective.

There were Agriculture graduates in Zimbabwe. There were people who had worked with these white farmers for years. Even if you'd take the land away, why not give the land to blacks with the expertise to farm these lands?

Instead Mugabe gave the farms to combat veterans with ZERO farming experience, condemning his people to suffering several years later.

People are starving in Zimbabwe and all you Traitors can do is to try to score political points.
Re: Mugabeland by Busybody2(f): 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2008
davidylan:

I don't get your reasoning here.
The reasoning I implied was the kow-towing to the west part.

davidylan:

Why should Britain be solving crisis in Sudan, Rwanda and IvoryCoast?
Why should Britain be getting their knickers in a twist over the crisis in Zimbabwe? You sat tomato, I say tomayto wink

davidylan:

Why should we be expecting the WEST to solve our problems? Are we such babies that we need to be constantly mollycoddled by Britain? Have we ever asked why there are no countries in the WEST with the same level of self-imposed deprivation seen in Africa? Do they have 32 heads?
You would never hear that from me, methinks the west have done enough already. So once again, its a tomato/tomayto issue again.

davidylan:

Britain imposed mostly non-economic sanctions on Zimbabwe. How will allowing Zimbabwean government officials the right to go on holidays in the UK or EU help in improving the rate of inflation?
Just one economic sanction alone is one too many and still does not negate the fact that it is hurting the citizens.

davidylan:

Too bad Tsangirai chose to run rather than stand to fight the government of Mugabe. Perhaps we are waiting until Zimbabweans are literarily starving on the streets before we start calling for help?
Sudan is in a much worse condition, who's helping out there? Even Mandela is getting berrated for not getting involved in the Zimbabwean crisis, and a lot of eminent personalities are planning to boycott his birthday coming up soon.  

davidylan:

That Tsvangirai is calling on Britain is a big shame on the AU.
But then he never had to call on Britain, they have had their nose too long in the trough that it seemed too close for comfort. And he never did, they want to go in on their own initiative.
Re: Mugabeland by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2008
Re: Mugabeland by Sagamite(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2008
Busy_body:

Why don't you check your facts before you make an argument?

Is it that hard?  undecided

Oh you don't get your news from BBC, so were do you get that news that give you such crap as you posted here?

Whites are in total only 1% of Zimbabwe, so how did you arrive at "white farmers (20% population-80% land ownership)"?

Busy_body:

@ Sagamite

You have the balls to call someone dim-wit, whilst quoting links from aunty beebs of all news agency whose hypocrisy knows no bound.

Which hypocrisy?

Are you saying the stated laws were not passed? Please state were you get your own news from because I don't know a polite way of stating what they are feeding you? Was the BBC lying/made up this story about the laws that were passed or what is your argument here?

Or are you Matonga, Ikimi, Ofonagoro or Chukwumerije? Because this kind of claims only come out from mouths like thiers.

Busy_body:

Decimalisation as happened recently in Ghana recently can take care of their high currency denomination in the twinkling of an eye, although the calibration is still confusing to some of the Ghanaian citizens in the country over the real strength of the cedis who seems to think one cedis is now worth $1 cheesy  

Madam Soludo, Check your facts before you argue!!!

Weren't you required to do this before you were awarded a university degree?

In August 2006, a new revalued Zimbabwean dollar was introduced, equal to 1000 of the prior Zimbabwean. Where did that lead them, Madam Soludo, economist extra-ordinaire?

I bet you got a first class honours degree in Economics in your Feyingbole University, Oko Amu-oti.
Re: Mugabeland by 4Play(m): 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2008
Busy_body:

This ostrich fails to realise that redenomination,which according to the 'brainiac' will solve the problem in a twinkling of an eye, was only recently conducted by Zimbabwe. Stating that redenomination will solve Zimbabwe's currency problem is akin to claiming that paracetamol will cure brain tumor-you will only be making cosmetic changes to the symptoms of a deeper malaise.

Improve slightly? Perhaps inflation will slow down from 1million% to 500,000% .The myth that Zimbabwe's economic problems are mainly down to sanctions is a product of ignorance. Currently,there are no trade sanctions on Zimbabwe and British companies are not legally prohibited from investing in Zimbabwe(Anglo-America just announced a planned $400m investment in Zimbabwe).
Re: Mugabeland by Busybody2(f): 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2008
texazzpete:

So where were you when the international community was mediating in the Ethiopia-Eritrean war? Where were you when international peacekeepers landed in Darfur?
How long was it till they got involved? Is the war over yet? Why does one no longer hear about the on-going war in the region? Why aren't the British bleating on and on about it?

texazzpete:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECOMOG
In 2003 ECOWAS, under pressure from the United States, launched a similar mission named ECOMIL to halt the occupation of Monrovia by rebel forces as peace efforts were ongoing, during the Second Liberian Civil War. Always intended as an interim force, it was quickly succeeded by the United Nations mission UNMIL.

Sometimes it pays to be objective.
and it pays to be open-minded and to pay attention to detail too, when trying to educate someone.  
The countries I listed were Rwanda, Sudan and Ivory coast, which one of these countries' capital is Liberia/Monrovia undecided

texazzpete:

There were Agriculture graduates in Zimbabwe. There were people who had worked with these white farmers for years. Even if you'd take the land away, why not give the land to blacks with the expertise to farm these lands?

Instead Mugabe gave the farms to combat veterans with ZERO farming experience, condemning his people to suffering several years later.
The fact (incase you missed it) that I am not debating that issue here does not mean that I am condoning it either. And the white farmers impact in Zimbabwe was like the proverbial rocking horse that kept moving but did not make any progress -poverty and suffering were still rife when they were there.

texazzpete:

People are starving in Zimbabwe and all you Traitors can do is to try to score political points.

Please learn the tact of making a point without making an enemy.
Speaking for myself, no one is trying to score any political point, my argument is skewed towards Britain as a never-put-a-foot-wrong, holier-than-thou country who seem to think the issue in Zimbabwe is the fault of Mugabe alone. They were in the shit together for a long time and then when he decided to cut them lose, all hell breaks lose. They need to realise that facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Re: Mugabeland by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2008
Busy_body:

How long was it till they got involved? Is the war over yet? Why does one no longer hear about the on-going war in the region? Why aren't the British bleating on and on about it?

Conflict between Ethiopia and Eritrea
by Anup ShahThis Page Last Updated Wednesday, December 20, 2000

Ethiopia's Haile Selassie was supported for decades by the United States for geopolitical and Cold War reasons. The Soviet Union had supported Somalia in their claim that parts of Ethiopia and Kenya were part of Somalia. There was actually a reversal of support by the two superpowers in the 1970s as well. [Check out this link for a historical look into the US role in Somalia and neighboring nations.]

For the US's unrestricted use of a military base, Selassie was given "aid" (i.e. military aid). This unfortunately was used against Eritrean secessionists and Ethopian guerillas in brutal wars.

Italy, the former colonial ruler of Eritrea, left in 1952. Ethiopia annexed it in 1962. (Not too unlike the case between Indonesia and East Timor.)

30 years of war and conflict continued as Eritrea attempted to gain independence, joined by Ethiopian guerilla forces that were also fighting against the harsh dictatorship. In an April 1993 internationally monitored referendum, where 98.5% of the registered voters voted, and 99.8% of these voted for independence, although the borders were not defined clearly.

For a while, the two nations seemed to get on fairly well. However, relations further deteriorated into war a couple of years after Eritrea introduced its own currency in 1997. War again resulted over what the BBC mention as a minor border dispute in May 1998, and over differences on ethnicity and economic progress approaches. The May 1998 - June 2000 war alone resulted in 100,000 deaths and millions of dollars diverted from much needed development into military activities and weapons procurements.

However, the major reason for the recent conflict is the fact that Ethiopia no longer has a border along the Red Sea and therefore relies on going through other countries such as Eritrea in order to ship and trade goods along that line. (Ethiopian propaganda has then meant it says to its people that one of the things it wants to do is ensure a more amenable government is in place -- of course, one that agrees with Ethiopian interests.)

During the middle of 1999, both Ethiopia and Eritrea had accepted a peace plan brokered by the Organization for African Unity (OAU) in principle. However, they disagreed on implementation issues and blamed each other for various things, from who started the conflict, to who was not committing to the peace process, thereby making peace harder to come by.

Since then the situation escalated and both Ethiopia and Eritrea have been accused of gross human rights violations. For example, Amnesty International points out that in Ethiopia, a large number of Eritreans are being detained just due to their Eritrean origins and that use of child soldiers on the front lines continue.

While the conflict raged on, in both Ethiopia and Eritrea severe drought threatened a famine as bad as the one in 1984. There have been many criticisms of the Ethiopian government's continual spending on war while thousands die of starvation. Less reported though, is the fact that Eritreans have also faced similar problems. In the Horn of Africa, some places have gone without enough rain for up to 2 or 3 years, affecting over 8 million people.

At the end of May 2000, Ethiopia claimed to have ended the war with Eritrea. They claimed a victory, while Eritrea claimed a tactical withdrawal. Both sides are meeting again to see if peace can be brokered. According to the previous link, from the BBC, 750,000 Eritrean refugees are thought to have fled their homes.

However, clashes continued, as this report points out. For now, in the middle of December 2000, a peace deal has been agreed to, which people hope will bring more stability to the region.

Some sources of additional information on this conflict include:

The Eritrean Asmarino.com web site has a news section with sources and updates from various news agencies around the world.
ZNet Sources on Eritrea/Ethiopia War
Human Rights Watch World Report 99 on Ethiopia
Amnesty International reports on Eritrea and Ethiopia.
Better World Links on , 
Ethiopia
Eritrea
From Foreign Policy In Focus:
In Focus: Eritrea
The War Between Ethiopia and Eritrea
For more about the current famine crisis looming in parts of Ethiopia, you can start at the following web sites:

A Christian Aid report on the background and context of the latest famine.
The Oxfam Ethiopia section.
The Guardian newspaper's section on Ethiopia 2000
OneWorld's Dispatch on the Ethiopia Famine.
BBC's look at the famine in Africa.
Horn of Africa Drought from ReliefWeb provides many updates from numerous sources.
Re: Mugabeland by lucabrasi(m): 7:11pm On Jun 25, 2008
Truequest:

In as much I wont stand here and say that all is well with Nigeria but spare me such horrible comparison!
Who has ruled Nigeria non stop for 10 years?
You also said that they have freedom of information bill smiley To that I will say just like everything is free in Freetown.
Information free in Mugabeland better don't deceive yourself that one na paper.
You went further to say that he has not killed , Mugabe not killed? Mhhh! I beg let me not go further bye.

well then ,maybe you v been in another planet, obj ruled nigeria for almost ten years short 2 years and what did we get out of it?/apart from same thing mugabe dished out we also got in addittion 16billion dollars dissappearing,not to talk of nnpc,transport e.t.c
i never said theres no killing in zimbabwe i said theres been killing in nigeria worse than zimbabwe as in the class of people, a governorship candidate was assasinated, funso williams,a former justice minister bola ige,dele giwa,maman vatsa e.t.c how many citizens that eminent have died or being assasinated in zimbabwe??
@sagamite
i wud have responded to your "so long a letter" which isnt realli telling me anything new,who r u calling a dim wit,i think u r the numb skull and u should learn to with your very limited vocabulary read through,asimilate and process information before yacking rubbish nuisance sad
if you had more than one cell in your entire brain then you ll realise i was not sayn all these didnt go one in zimbabwe but comparing it to nigeria,i dont even want to dignify your rabble with any long reply but just to tell u to compare it with nigerian human rights,assasinations,the evidences e.t.c
if dim wit is the new and only word the single cell u r using in your brain can process then i suggest you shut down,reboot, and then learn some more
@davidlan
your point being,
Busy_body:

@ Sagamite

thank you jare,thats all i was saying plus the fact that if we actually compared nigeria and its records to zimbabwe u ll be suprised that we r worse in several ways contrary to popular opinions,the same thing they did to cuba they r doing it to zimbabwe as well, while not saying mugabe is right but the opposittion is certainly not the person for zimbabwe at this time as he is a western stooge and will only complicate issues in the long run also we have more problems to contend with in nigeria so lets get off the moral highground blaming mugabe as if we dont have our own multiple mugabes
Re: Mugabeland by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Jun 25, 2008
lucabrasi:

your point being, thank you jare,thats all i was saying plus the fact that if we actually compared nigeria and its records to zimbabwe u ll be suprised that we r worse in several ways contrary to popular opinions,the same thing they did to cuba they r doing it to zimbabwe as well, while not saying mugabe is right but the opposittion is certainly not the person for zimbabwe at this time as he is a western stooge and will only complicate issues in the long run also we have more problems to contend with in nigeria so lets get off the moral highground blaming mugabe as if we don't have our own multiple mugabes

Excuse me? The people -- knowing the opposition leader, voted for him (Western stooge or not). Who are you to say He is not the right person for the people when they woke up and voted to have him in place?? How do you justify that reasoning of yours??
The people should not be granted what they want?? Why allow them to vote at all? Why not have the people in chains and have them as slaves for life so they never have a say? Who are you to declare the people are not competent enough to choose what is best for them?
Who are you to override the will of the people so you can have your unpopular idea imposed on them just because you can?
Re: Mugabeland by Busybody2(f): 7:17pm On Jun 25, 2008
4 Play:

This ostrich fails to realise that redenomination,which according to the 'brainiac' will solve the problem in a twinkling of an eye, was only recently conducted by Zimbabwe. Stating that redenomination will solve Zimbabwe's currency problem is akin to claiming that paracetamol will cure brain tumor-you will only be making cosmetic changes to the symptoms of a deeper malaise.
Sheesh, why the insult, open your eyes, what are you getting all hot under the collars for? I said decimalisation, not re-denomination. i.e remove a few zeros from the end of the Zimbabwean currency, not print 1,000,000,000,000 trillion currency angry No need to get your knickers in a twist, it only makes you walk funny tongue

4 Play:

Improve slightly? Perhaps inflation will slow down from 1million% to 500,000% .The myth that Zimbabwe's economic problems are mainly down to sanctions is a product of ignorance. Currently,there are no trade sanctions on Zimbabwe and British companies are not legally prohibited from investing in Zimbabwe(Anglo-America just announced a planned $400m investment in Zimbabwe).

Again I was only responding to Davidylan's rhetorics on "mostly non-economics sanction", by stating that one economic sanction was one too many . . . Lighten up, or go and powder your nose or go and get some fresh air  angry
Re: Mugabeland by 4Play(m): 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2008
Busy_body:

Sheesh, why the insult, open your eyes, what are you getting all hot under the collars for? I said decimalisation, not re-denomination. i.e remove a few zeros from the end of the Zimbabwean currency, not print 1,000,000,000,000 trillion currency angry No need to get your knickers in a twist, it only makes you walk funny tongue

Look at this cretin,are you suffering from some sort of mental trauma?.Redenomination,depending on what the central bank wants,can involve removing a few zeros. Decimilisation is one way of conducting redenomination,idiot.

Again I was only responding to Davidylan's rhetorics on "mostly non-economics sanction", by stating that one economic sanction was one too many . . .

Look at this slowpoke,the quoted comment from you came prior to Davidylan's comment so you couldn't have been responding to David's particular comment unless you had some premonition of it.Even drunks produce more coherent posts than you.
Re: Mugabeland by Busybody2(f): 7:38pm On Jun 25, 2008
Sagamite:

Why don't you check your facts before you make an argument?

Is it that hard?  undecided

Oh you don't get your news from BBC, so were do you get that news that give you such crap as you posted here?

Whites are in total only 1% of Zimbabwe, so how did you arrive at "white farmers (20% population-80% land ownership)"?

Okay 1% of whites in Zimbabwe, of whom not all are farmers, own 80% of the land. You are entitled to your own opinion and even if its wrong cool

Sagamite:

Which hypocrisy?,

Are you saying the stated laws were not passed? Please state were you get your own news from because I don't know a polite way of stating what they are feeding you? Was the BBC lying/made up this story about the laws that were passed or what is your argument here?

Or are you Matonga, Ikimi, Ofonagoro or Chukwumerije? Because this kind of claims only come out from mouths like thiers.
Your stats from BBC does not hold any ground, even the citizens of Britain have finally cottoned on to the fact that BBC has their own agenda which does not bode well for a corporation paid to represent them e.g their anti-israel stance, their biased coverage of the Iraq war, and them banging on and on about the plight of people in Zimbabwe during 6am news, 9am news, 12pm news, etc as if their is not enough news to cover in their own country.

Sagamite:

Weren't you required to do this before you were awarded a university degree?

In August 2006, a new revalued Zimbabwean dollar was introduced, equal to 1000 of the prior Zimbabwean. Where did that lead them, Madam Soludo, economist extra-ordinaire?

I bet you got a first class honours degree in Economics in your Feyingbole University, Oko Amu-oti.

I don't do abuses i think so would not call you dumb like you called your fellow poster a dim-wit, you are just a jot on the horizon with a command of thoroughly useless information.
Re: Mugabeland by Sagamite(m): 7:41pm On Jun 25, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Excuse me? The people -- knowing the opposition leader, voted for him (Western stooge or not). Who are you to say He is not the right person for the people when they woke up and voted to have him in place?? How do you justify that reasoning of yours??
The people should not be granted what they want?? Why allow them to vote at all? Why not have the people in chains and have them as slaves for life so they never have a say? Who are you to declare the people are not competent enough to choose what is best for them?
Who are you to override the will of the people so you can have your unpopular idea imposed on them just because you can?

That is how dim-wits like lucabrasi practice their democra[b]z[/b]y.
Re: Mugabeland by Sagamite(m): 7:51pm On Jun 25, 2008
Busy_body:

Okay 1% of whites in Zimbabwe, of whom not all are farmers, own 80% of the land. You are entitled to your own opinion and even if its wrong cool

My advice is check your info before you come and argue. It is the information age we are in, not the stone age.

See my signature below.

Busy_body:

Your stats from BBC does not hold any ground, even the citizens of Britain have finally cottoned on to the fact that BBC has their own agenda which does not bode well for a corporation paid to represent them e.g their anti-israel stance, their biased coverage of the Iraq war, and them banging on and on about the plight of people in Zimbabwe during 6am news, 9am news, 12pm news, etc as if their is not enough news to cover in their own country.

Where did you hear that? Is this just another conjecture?

Was it not the same way that they covered the war in Kosovo?

How are you going to ofonagoro that?

Busy_body:

I don't do abuses i think so would not call you dumb like you called your fellow poster a dim-wit, you are just a jot on the horizon with a command of thoroughly useless information.

Sorry. Don't get you.

I have not seen you disproving any of my facts above. Is this some lame diversion?
Re: Mugabeland by Busybody2(f): 8:13pm On Jun 25, 2008
4 Play:

Look at this cretin,are you suffering from some sort of mental trauma?.Redenomination,depending on what the central bank wants,can involve removing a few zeros. Decimilisation is one way of conducting redenomination,idiot.

Who said it wasn't undecided cheap point scorer. The only reason I introduced decimalisation into the post was just to indicate that the problem of having to ferry around 1,000,000 Zimbabwean note to buy a loaf of bread could easily be solved by removing a few zeroes like the Ghanaians did, e.g if they removed four zeroes too, the bread would now cost 1,000, as opposed to 1,000,000. And hence the reason I made the tongue-in-cheek comment that some Ghanaians now think can now buy $1 with one cedis because . . . Can you prove where I said otherwise?  angry

4 Play:

Look at this slowpoke,the quoted comment from you came prior to Davidylan's comment so you couldn't have been responding to David's particular comment unless you had some premonition of it.Even drunks produce more coherent posts than you.

Can you prove this bloody liar. Won't hold my breath though. What is the big deal about having the foresight that some people are going to think Zimbabwean's problems are caused by sanctions, whilst others would think otherwise? Aren't there gonna be just two sides to such argument dumbo? Once again, learn the tact of making a point without making an enemy.  

Won't bother replying you anymore as nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand
Re: Mugabeland by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 25, 2008
Busy_body:

Madam . . . how is this possible that 1% of the population own 80% of the entire Zimbabwe? shocked
Re: Mugabeland by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2008
Busy_body:

What is the big deal about having the foresight that some people are going to think Zimbabwean's problems are caused by sanctions, whilst others would think otherwise? Aren't there going to be just two sides to such argument dumbo? Once again, learn the tact of making a point without making an enemy.

this argument doesnt hold water, the Cubans were under worse economic sanctions . . . are they starving? Is inflation in Cuba 500,000%?

You talked about redecimalisation, pray how does that help the Zimbabwean currency beyond cosmetic value? As long as inflation is not brought under control they will have to continue redecimalisation for the next 10 yrs.
Re: Mugabeland by Busybody2(f): 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2008
@ Kobojunkie

Your Eritrean write-up was done circa 2000, eight years ago.

We all know there are other African Countries still at war, but we don't get force-fed coverage of them from the British Government and their ilks. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Why should Zimbabwe be different. Why are they trying to substitute such feeble excuses as bad leadership for a valid reason to go into Zimbabwe?  The unbearable noise the BBC makes everyday regarding the situation is just to suspicious to ignore and just makes one wonder if there isn't more to it than meets the eyes.  

Reiterating once more, I do not condone Mugabe's stance only the two-finger salute he gives the west.
Re: Mugabeland by 4Play(m): 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2008
Busy_body:

Who said it wasn't undecided cheap point scorer. The only reason I introduced decimalisation into the post was just to indicate that the problem of having to ferry around 1,000,000 Zimbabwean note to buy a loaf of bread could easily be solved by removing a few zeroes like the Ghanaians did, e.g if they removed four zeroes too, the bread would now cost 1,000, as opposed to 1,000,000. And hence the reason I made the tongue-in-cheek comment that some Ghanaians now think can now buy $1 with one cedis because . . . Can you prove where I said otherwise? angry

Does this blithering mooncalf recognise that removing a few zeroes is not decimilisation but redenomination.What Ghana did was redenomination,their currency was already decimilised.When 100 Naira is changed to 1 Naira,that is redenomination.When Naira is expressed as .50 Naira or 50 Kobo,that is decimilisation. Their is a clear difference between the 2.

Can you prove this bloody liar. Won't hold my breath though. What is the big deal about having the foresight that some people are going to think Zimbabwean's problems are caused by sanctions, whilst others would think otherwise? Aren't there going to be just two sides to such argument dumbo? Once again, learn the tact of making a point without making an enemy.

What is this slowpoke talking about? You are now claiming to have had the foresight to see David's post before he has even typed it. . .what a schmuck.
Re: Mugabeland by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Jun 25, 2008
I don’t think Zimbabweans are worried about the number of zero’s they can remove from the currency as of now. I will bet the people are more worried about the inflation rate in that country, so removing a couple of zeroes will do next to nothing to actually fix the problem. In essence arguing that decimalization will help Zimbabwe, at this time is sort of moot.
Re: Mugabeland by 4Play(m): 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I don’t think Zimbabweans are worried about the number of zero’s they can remove from the currency as of now. I will bet the people are more worried about the inflation rate in that country, so removing a couple of zeroes will do next to nothing to actually fix the problem. In essence arguing that decimalization will help Zimbabwe, at this time is sort of moot.

Decimalisation is simply introducing decimals to your currency so that,for instance,instead of the lowest value being 1 Naira,you can have values less than 1.At the moment,that is the least of Zimbabwe's problems.

If they were to conduct redenomination a la Ghana,that won't change a thing. Supposing you are paid 5bn Zim Dollars per month and 4bn goes to food,chopping off 3 zeros ,for instance,will mean that you are paid 5m and 4m goes to food.With hyper-inflation,before the process is even completed,food costs will soar to 10m.
Re: Mugabeland by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2008
Busy_body:

@ Kobojunkie
Your Eritrean write-up was done circa 2000, eight years ago.
We all know there are other African Countries still at war, but we don't get force-fed coverage of them from the British Government and their ilks.
Is this just about you trying hard to be right here?? First you claimed there were no forces in sudan. For that I posted a couple of links for you to see that is not true. Then you claim the Ethiopia –erithrea war was still going on and I posted another link so you could see that is not true.  What exactly do you expect from all this??
Busy_body:

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Why should Zimbabwe be different. Why are they trying to substitute such feeble excuses as bad leadership for a valid reason to go into Zimbabwe?  
I believe the answer to this question is very simple. If you look at and understand the history of the British in Zimbabwe, the agreements made after the country’s independence and the impact of Mugabe’s decision to kick out the white’s in Zimbabwe (Legal Zimbabweans and all), you will not continue to ask this question. I liken this to someone coming on here to ask me why France has so much interest vested in States like Chad and some other French countries in Africa and how come the French makes noise when there are issues in those countries than it does in most others. I really don’t get why anyone would come in asking that question.
Busy_body:

The unbearable noise the BBC makes everyday regarding the situation is just to suspicious to ignore and just makes one wonder if there isn't more to it than meets the eyes.  
Reiterating once more, I do not condone Mugabe's stance only the two-finger salute he gives the west.

UUmm… You can always not watch the BBC. I mean I know there are so many other stations out there you can switch on to instead of the BBC. CNN covers Zimbabwe on a daily basis and no one is going on and on about that but me thinks this is all a ruse to target all things British in this case. If you do not like the way BBC goes on about it, try NTA or Zimbabwe radio or even the many other channels/Stations out there. I turn on CNN each morning to hear the latest from Zimbabwe. Is CNN also involved in the conspiracy?? Does FOX know of this?? What is MSNBC doing about it?? And is Al Jazeera involved as well because it seems it may be as it does discuss Zimbabwean issues as well.

I am going to guess you are a Nigerian and hence an African. Don’t you feel shame when you ask what FOREIGN countries are doing for Africa? How can you speak of foreign country’s pursuing their own private agenda in Africa and with the same mouth demand to know what they are doing about a situation in the same Africa? I am not sure if you see it from where you seat but it is ridiculous. Why are you not demanding the leaders in your own Africa stand up and do their job instead?? The African people who so claim to care for are dying off. Zimbabweans are being taunted with food by their own leaders. This was recently the case in Somalia; the president and his prime minister in a power war .The people made to starve or support the one side or the other. Why focus on the West when your own are being treated worse than pigs by your own people?? Are we not ashamed that to this day, we still use the WEST as excuse for stupidity in Africa??
Re: Mugabeland by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 25, 2008
I find it funny that a lot of people are crying about Britain's threat to go into Zimbabwe (mere speculation), are these not the same people who cry that the "international community" is not doing enough for Darfur?
What really do these people want?

Its high time Africa started taking responsibility for her self-inflicted problems, it has nothing to do with pointing incessant fingers at the WEST. Lets call a spade a spade . . . Emperor Mugarbage has no clothes!

Re: Mugabeland by Busybody2(f): 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2008
davidylan:

Madam . . . how is this possible that 1% of the population own 80% of the entire Zimbabwe? shocked

No be me talk am o, I was only agreeing albeit reluctantly to what Salamite said o.

davidylan:

this argument doesnt hold water, the Cubans were under worse economic sanctions . . . are they starving? Is inflation in Cuba 500,000%?
Different strokes, different folks cool

davidylan:

You talked about redecimalisation, pray how does that help the Zimbabwean currency beyond cosmetic value? As long as inflation is not brought under control they will have to continue redecimalisation for the next 10 years.

I never discussed about inflation, I never intended to bring sanctions into the equation, I believe this thread was started tongue-in-cheek to poke fun at Zimbabwean's high value currency, hence the reason I decided to join in to have fun, so if I may say my contribution about decimalisation was just cosmetics talk.  wink
Re: Mugabeland by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Jun 25, 2008
davidylan:

I find it funny that a lot of people are crying about Britain's threat to go into Zimbabwe (mere speculation), are these not the same people who cry that the "international community" is not doing enough for Darfur?

Precisely!!
Re: Mugabeland by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 25, 2008
No surprise!

Re: Mugabeland by Busybody2(f): 8:54pm On Jun 25, 2008
davidylan:

Britain is going through an economic melt-down and is in denial about credit crunch, people are striking because of high fuel cost, council workers are striking, food is getting expensive daily, mindless crime is rising daily, the prisons are full, etc Guess what does the Prime Minister Gordon Brown, the Foreign Secretary Jack Straw, Alistair Darling and even the education minister want to talk about on TVundecided You guessed it ZIMBABWE.

Why did you think Mugabe at the recent food summit gave a personal televised comment to Gordon Brown only, Is Britain the only charitable country? Is it not America that is usually the first country to help whenever there is a problem anywhere?

davidylan:

Its high time Africa started taking responsibility for her self-inflicted problems, it has nothing to do with pointing incessant fingers at the WEST. Lets call a spade a spade . . . Emperor Mugarbage has no clothes!

Again this, I believe is not the thread to talk about solutions to African's problems, otherwise . . . I am a stickler for rules, I do not want to derail the thread by going off-topic. I am a vehement opponent of people who think nothing good can come out of Africa and that there is no hope for the country, especially Nigeria. I would never put the sole blame of the demise/decay/rot of a country down to the WEST or the GOVERNMENT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Paul Biya Reelected As Cameroon's President / Mega Strike Hits Europe: LIVE UPDATES / Obama: Gaddafi's Death A Warning To Others - Who's he threatening?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.