Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:05 AM

Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers (12265 Views)

Governor Ajimobi And His Daughter Stare At Each Other At An Event / Governor Ajimobi Kisses Daughter Deeply In Celebration Of His Re-election(photo) / Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by passionate88: 10:30am On Sep 24, 2013
This is serious
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by saamebaba23: 10:43am On Sep 24, 2013
Whaoo..oh my God...hope Dapo Lam is not among oooo
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Texykool: 10:43am On Sep 24, 2013
pro01: Eeya. I wonder what becomes of Dapo Lam in the new scheme of things.

Exactly...
He has the Lam Faction, Lanlehin Faction, former CPC and ANPP bigwigs to appease. I guess there will be a new 'sharing formula' now. But Dapo Lam should (not must) come back sha... Else... #byebyeto2015
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by deols(f): 10:47am On Sep 24, 2013
The sack of the SSG was imminent. I saw this coming.
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by victorD3: 10:53am On Sep 24, 2013
spenca:

Your english gon follow reason why they should b sacked

Just like your broken english will soon make him divorce his wife.
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by deols(f): 10:57am On Sep 24, 2013
Brimmie: Ajimobi And Fayemi Are The Least Performing APC Governors!! (Tanko Is A Thief) undecided undecided

Ajimobi Should Better WORK MORE If He Really Want To Be Re-elected! Remember Ibadan People Dont Allow Someone To Rule Them Twice!

Only A Well Performing Governor Can Break That Jinx!

Ki Ilu Oyo Ledara, Ajumose Gbogbo Wa Ni O!

You are right.

But I don't agree that he is the least performing. I think he is not into propaganda.

whatever will make him do better should be done anyway even if it means sacking the whole cabinet.

I have nothing against my state governor. His mouth can kill sha. undecided

about the jinx, I want Ajimobi to get a second term. It would mean that he did well. And will send a message across that you will get it only by doing well and not by thuggery (Akala in mind). Subsequent governors would know to do well.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by deols(f): 10:59am On Sep 24, 2013
saamebaba23: Whaoo..oh my God...hope Dapo Lam is not among oooo

What has Dapo Lam achieved as sports and youth commissioner. I never heard of anything he did. He should be retained only if he is a performer.
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by funshint(m): 11:03am On Sep 24, 2013
When it comes to administration Ajimobi is way ahead of his peers; his record stands for him *chk wikipedia. He'll definitely re-absorb some but the main aim is to keep everybody on their toes. No more space 4 nonsense in Oyo state... Ajumose gbogbo wa O°˚˚˚
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Yungstev007(m): 11:05am On Sep 24, 2013
Brimmie: Ajimobi And Fayemi Are The Least Performing APC Governors!! (Tanko Is A Thief) undecided undecided

Ajimobi Should Better WORK MORE If He Really Want To Be Re-elected! Remember Ibadan People Dont Allow Someone To Rule Them Twice!

Only A Well Performing Governor Can Break That Jinx!

Ki Ilu Oyo Ledara, Ajumose Gbogbo Wa Ni O!
Mr. Man, Ajimobi is stil d best governor of oyo state ever had. Stop talking nonsense, only fools/haters will say he is nt performin, move around Ibadan and u wil acknowledge he his working.
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Jobabori(m): 11:07am On Sep 24, 2013
A governor can sack his cabinet as he wishes. Ajimobi is working in comparison to those before him. But he seems to be arrogant.
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Texykool: 11:14am On Sep 24, 2013
Since, 1999, Ajimobi has been the best Governor Oyo State so far. Personally, I want him for a second term...
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by ShineIt: 11:18am On Sep 24, 2013
Ajimobi should sack himself before PDP/UPN sacks him.
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by JimOvia: 11:44am On Sep 24, 2013
In order words, the Oyo governor just said OYO to all of them. LOL
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Isiterere(m): 11:53am On Sep 24, 2013
cashkid18: apc always appointin incompetent ministers n advisers..smh#

see dullkid18

Governor dey appoint minister ? See wetin ASUU dey cause nw .
Cabinet reshuffle is not new boy.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Anvaller: 11:53am On Sep 24, 2013
Texykool: Since, 1999, Ajimobi has been the best Governor Oyo State so far. Personally, I want him for a second term...

Back this claim with fact Pls! Many say this but I need fact, I hate to believe a thing just because some ppl are saying it. I would only believe if there are convincing fact on the ground, I mean real fact not just opinion or telling me to work around Ibadan. And if that is all u have to tell me, then I would like u to tell me what significant changes are there so much to see that can qualify him as the best governor so far.

And pls I expect intelligent convo, better ignore this post if u don't have ur fact than to resort to name calling.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 24, 2013
This is a tacit admission on Ajimobi's part that the performance of his administration has been lackluster and best characterised by underachievement these past two years. If it is this line of thinking that informs the clean-out, he is right on the money.
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Freeopod(m): 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2013
Sincerely apart from the beautification of Ibadan city and d introduction of ajumose buses one can hardly see any other meaningful thing that he did....and pls no one shld say anything abt that overhead bridge...dts a can filled wt worms..a discuss for anoda day
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by richy1473(m): 12:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
Anvaller:

Back this claim with fact Pls! Many say this but I need fact, I hate to believe a thing just because some ppl are saying it. I would only believe if there are convincing fact on the ground, I mean real fact not just opinion or telling me to work around Ibadan. And if that is all u have to tell me, then I would like u to tell me what significant changes are there so much to see that can qualify him as the best governor so far.

And pls I expect intelligent convo, better ignore this post if u don't have ur fact than to resort to name calling.

..God bless you,they are bunch of sycopants..during LAM,it was best thing to happened to OYO-STATE,LADOJA came,they praised him to high-heaven,even AKALA's inglorious term was second to none..what else do you expect from these people?.they would still say same for coming government..AJIMOBI should be ready to vacate in 2015 as WE are so many on queue and no time for someone to spend 8years...OYO is do your BEST and live the REST!
richy1473: ..God bless you,they are bunch of sycopants..during LAM,it was best thing to happened to OYO-STATE,LADOJA came,they praised him to high-heaven,even AKALA's inglorious term was second to none..what else do you expect from these people?.they would still say same for coming government..AJIMOBI should be ready to vacate in 2015 as WE are so many on queue and no time for someone to spend 8years...OYO is do your BEST and leave the REST!
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by LajaLaba: 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
richy1473: ..God bless you,they are bunch of sycopants..during LAM,it was best thing to happened to OYO-STATE,LADOJA came,they praised him to high-heaven,even AKALA's inglorious term was second to none..what else do you expect from these people?.they would still say same for coming government..AJIMOBI should be ready to vacate in 2015 as WE are so many on queue and no time for someone to spend 8years...OYO is do your BEST and live the REST!
whats this one saying?
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
dayokanu: Nice one Ajimobi.

If your cabinet are not functioning as you want them to, Then fire them

Not like the clueless Retardeen we have in Abuja, Who would tell us members of his govt are corrupt, sabotaging his administration and supporting Boko haram but he wont mention their names nor do anything

We know what you would have said, had it been GEJ. smiley
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Tmex(m): 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
olumaxi: I think dapo-lam-adesina(commisioner for youth n sports) wil stil b reinstated to his post..cos he has DONE SO GREATLY
so greatly indeed can u pls tell me 2 thns he did?
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by karpentar: 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
I hope he confirmed from Tinubu before doing this?
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Anvaller: 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
deols:

What has Dapo Lam achieved as sports and youth commissioner. I never heard of anything he did. He should be retained only if he is a performer.

OK LET ME SAY THIS!

Well in an ideal situation, u are correct of course but in reality of Nigerian politics, u really can not view things this way cos this is not how things happen. The performance or otherwise of a commissioner is primarily dependent on the governor himself. The input of individual commissioner is secondary. As a commissioner, u may have all these ideas, if the mandate of ur ministry is not in line with the priority of the govrnor, u would have to just chill with ur ideas. And seriously, all these governors never have priorities across all ministries, nope!!!

During Lam era, it was ministry of works/OYSREB on his rural electrification projects. That was his priority. In Ladoja era, it was mainly ministry of Education and a little spark on Ministry of Agric on his primary/secondary school reform/Agric reform. During Akala era, it was mainly Ministry of works, ministry of health on his priority on roads and his hospital projects. In this Ajimobi regime, its been Ministry of works, Ministry of Environment on his city edification and beautification projects (the so called flower planting). That's his own priority. So in case of Dapo, u can take a look at Ajimobi, does he look like he likes sport? How many times has he referenced sport in his speeches or plans as a means of engaging the youth or even generating revenue? Do u think Dapo a mere commissioner can get anything done by himself if his governor's interest is on beautification? Dapo just like many of his of other commissioner colleagues would just have to chill or get knocked out. (Well, what am I saying? there has just been a mass knockout).

So the question is in such situation, what would all other several commissioners be doing? Well, they will continue to lobby the governor to take a look at their ideas and proposal and if he believes in it, they might have it but if he doesn't, nothing for them, some of them can just grapple with some petty projects in their ministries and that's all. And if u pressure the governor too much on this idea of urs, u might risk provoking him until he freaks out and sacks u. Very few commissioners will be willing to be sacked just like that, they'd prefer to take a chill pill and at least enjoy the paraphernalia of office until the governor is either ready to fund their project or never.

There are also situations where governors put projects that ought to have been executed by commissioners in charge of various special advisers. And do u know what that means? It means keeping the projects within the governors office. That will enable the governor to keep such projects as close to himself as much as possible. In this case, what do u expect the commissioners to do? This is how things happen these days, u must be a commissioner with a very strong influence on the governor's cabinet to have a serious project in ur charge in ur ministry, most especially if u have a governor that likes to keep a lot of stuffs to himself like Ajimobi obviously is.

Please note, that I am not taking up for Dapo here, I am not his fan, I am just analyzing things from what I know cos I know it. We all need to understand these dynamics b4 starting to make conclusions. All commissioners can never be irresponsible, non performing at the same time. This must have more to do with a clash between the governor's strategy against some political state of things internal to ACN. So at the end of the day, this sacking is not about us as claimed, its politics. So the politics that actually lead to this is still unknown but we will surely soon find out, trust politicians, they will soon start to talk and by the time various statements are pieced together, we shall know exactly why..

PS: Sorry for the long post, I type very fast and I get carried away

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by olusogo: 1:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
I salute the courage of Ajimobi and expect him always to be in charge. We shall not entertain any excuse for failure as this is the order of the day in Nigerian governance. He has shown to an extent that he is a progressive governor by opening a fresh page for change in the development of Oyo State. Let him justify the sack of his cabinet by engaging more qualify, competent, and God fearing professionals with integrity.
Let everybody on nairaland realize that Oyo State, (especially Ibadan) is an ancient State. Whoever wants a development in Oyo will start from the slums, exactly what Ajimobi does.
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by oneitalia: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
olumaxi: I think dapo-lam-adesina(commisioner for youth n sports) wil stil b reinstated to his post..cos he has done so greatly
. I concur with you...
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by tayo4me(f): 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
cashkid18: apc always appointin incompetent ministers n advisers..smh#

We should learn not to comment just for the sake of doing so. When, in the history of Nigeria has APC (or ACN as the case may be) appointed Ministers?
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Drversatile: 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ok what are d lessons to learn from this development.
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by miqos02(m): 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
we don hear....

NEXT..,..
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by zomby(m): 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ajimobi a greedy fool. He wants it all for himself and his family.
His entire family is sucking Oyo state and may suck the state dry before the next election.

This man manages Oyo state as a personal business. He is completely incompetent, unprofessional and out of touch. His kids are running things and stealing like crazy.
He continues to sack anyone that questions his retarded shady moves.

Ibadan people hate this man from his head to his toe. And this move will only further expose him and empower the opposition parties.

There is one thing that is for sure: He will not win another election in Oyo State.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by deols(f): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Anvaller:

OK LET ME SAY THIS!

Well in an ideal situation, u are correct of course but in reality of Nigerian politics, u really can not view things this way cos this is not how things happen. The performance or otherwise of a commissioner is primarily dependent on the governor himself. The input of individual commissioner is secondary. As a commissioner, u may have all these ideas, if the mandate of ur ministry is not in line with the priority of the govrnor, u would have to just chill with ur ideas. And seriously, all these governors never have priorities across all ministries, nope!!!

During Lam era, it was ministry of works/OYSREB on his rural electrification projects. That was his priority. In Ladoja era, it was mainly ministry of Education and a little spark on Ministry of Agric on his primary/secondary school reform/Agric reform. During Akala era, it was mainly Ministry of works, ministry of health on his priority on roads and his hospital projects. In this Ajimobi regime, its been Ministry of works, Ministry of Environment on his city edification and beautification projects (the so called flower planting). That's his own priority. So in case of Dapo, u can take a look at Ajimobi, does he look like he likes sport? How many times has he referenced sport in his speeches or plans as a means of engaging the youth or even generating revenue? Do u think Dapo a mere commissioner can get anything done by himself if his governor's interest is on beautification? Dapo just like many of his of other commissioner colleagues would just have to chill or get knocked out. (Well, what am I saying? there has just been a mass knockout).

So the question is in such situation, what would all other several commissioners be doing? Well, they will continue to lobby the governor to take a look at their ideas and proposal and if he believes in it, they might have it but if he doesn't, nothing for them, some of them can just grapple with some petty projects in their ministries and that's all. And if u pressure the governor too much on this idea of urs, u might risk provoking him until he freaks out and sacks u. Very few commissioners will be willing to be sacked just like that, they'd prefer to take a chill pill and at least enjoy the paraphernalia of office until the governor is either ready to fund their project or never.

There are also situations where governors put projects that ought to have been executed by commissioners in charge of various special advisers. And do u know what that means? It means keeping the projects within the governors office. That will enable the governor to keep such projects as close to himself as much as possible. In this case, what do u expect the commissioners to do? This is how things happen these days, u must be a commissioner with a very strong influence on the governor's cabinet to have a serious project in ur charge in ur ministry, most especially if u have a governor that likes to keep a lot of stuffs to himself like Ajimobi obviously is.

Please note, that I am not taking up for Dapo here, I am not his fan, I am just analyzing things from what I know cos I know it. We all need to understand these dynamics b4 starting to make conclusions. All commissioners can never be irresponsible, non performing at the same time. This must have more to do with a clash between the governor's strategy against some political state of things internal to ACN. So at the end of the day, this sacking is not about us as claimed, its politics. So the politics that actually lead to this is still unknown but we will surely soon find out, trust politicians, they will soon start to talk and by the time various statements are pieced together, we shall know exactly why..

PS: Sorry for the long post, I type very fast and I get carried away

This is insightful. As a commissioner not allowed to do anything, the right thing would have been to resign. There is no way they can be safe from blames. Did they get paid for a job they did not do? so must they get the blame for what they did not.
Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by Isiterere(m): 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
zomby: Ajimobi a greedy fool. He wants it all for himself and his family.
His entire family is sucking Oyo state and may suck the state dry before the next election.

This man manages Oyo state as a personal business. He is completely incompetent, unprofessional and out of touch. His kids are running things and stealing like crazy.
He continues to sack anyone that questions his retarded shady moves.

Ibadan people hate this man from his head to his toe. And this move will only further expose him and empower the opposition parties.

There is one thing that is for sure: He will not win another election in Oyo State.

are u high on some sub-standard drug or what are you saying?
You need to come out of your enclave and see clearly how Oyo state (not Ibadan alone )is faring under Ajimobi for yourself.

AJIMOBI is working and he will continue to work the more .

ALL IZZ WELL

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ajimobi Sacks SSG, Commissioners & Advisers by zomby(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ajimobi and his children wouldn't allow his staff to do their duties accordingly.
In fact, a couple of his staff stepped down a few months ago, due to corruption within Ajimobi's family.
The man is incompetent, unprofessional and wants to suck Oyo state dry before the next election.

How could you call yourself a governor and your staff have no access to you?
How could you allow your children and their friends to continue to steal what belongs to Oyo state government?
How could you continue to give yourself and your cronies Oyo state contracts?
How could you allow your children to constantly disrespect your advisers and other senior staff?

Abeg, Ajimobi will never get a second chance in Ibadan. He knows it and his people know it too. Therefore, he can continue to sack and hire as he desires, but when the time comes, he will pay for his debts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obaseki Swears In Osarodion Ogie As SSG, Edo State (Photos) / Clark To Back Saraki’s Presidential Ambition If There's No Southern Consensus / Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.