Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:27 AM

Secrets Of A Muslim Woman - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Secrets Of A Muslim Woman (32201 Views)

Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" / Pregnant Muslim Woman Attacked In Paris, Loses Baby / Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by maclatunji: 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
kennygee: I really need someone who understands Islam to explain it's beliefs as regard the religion, women and jihad.

Type all your questions here http://www.searching-islam.com and read loads of answers from Muslims. You don't have to wait for a particular individual.
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
kennygee: I really need someone who understands Islam to explain it's beliefs as regard the religion, women and jihad.

You can learn a lot about islam from Islamic websites like:
www.islamreligion.com
www.islamicity.com
www.islamcan.com
etc
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Mintayo(m): 9:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
Juell:

Try go for a church service and listen to what pastors say about "dressing modestly" then u'll know those girls are not just ready to listen. And moreover Christianity is of the heart, going to church or bearing a Christian name doesn't make one a Christian. I saw something 2day, I went to site 2day. While I was sitting watching what was going on there, behold a Muslim woman came out the security man's room, (she's not his wife O!) put on her hiljab and walked away. Bros wearing hiljab does not mean a woman is clean spiritually.
I dnt knw why christainity got to do with d article...
I always tell my Muslim friends too that the clothes u wear does not determine d real u,u can wear a cloth covering ur whole body n still b a devil. the state of the heart matters alot. d clothes cover ur body but not ur heart. the cloth u wear cannot stop u from being promiscuous if u want to...
I lived in ilorin for three years n I can begin to tell u what some hijab -wearing were doing despite being covered from head to toe!
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by RealSleek(m): 9:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
If u check my earlier post u will see that this is exactly my point..this beautiful piece has now turned to an argument and now nobody is getting the message in it , jst because of the "unlike christianity". She practically attacked christian point of view , she dnt need to.....one of the ways to open a closed mind is not to oppose ,jst state ur opinion...
That's why muslim preacher have 0% convert ratio thru preaching on public medias...cos all they do is argue, compare and contrast..and all dis creates anger in pple 's mind , an already closed mind will close even more when challenged... Dis is simple psychology, hence the need to understand ow human mind works ..however,dere is no guarantee dt pple will change their vIews bt atleast they will hear u out without argument or anger...

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Ohibenemma(m): 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
maclatunji:

In this case, your brain is your friend. There are thousands of well funded antiIslamic websites that even pretend to be from Muslims. The only people that would rely on such are myopic bigots whom such propaganda suits.

For those willing to learn Islam as taught by Muslims, search with this website. http://www.searching-islam.com
That's the point; I'm not talking about Islamic sites only, but Islamic and other sites. Most muslims always seem to say one thing and do the other, and I'm saying this from experience - we had some alfas in my department. Most are violence prone, especially when discussions go against their religious beliefs, etc. Also, I raised the question about current day Saudi women's rights and many other predominantly Islamic countries Also, was Yerima's statement twisted outta proportion and isn't he a muslim - a staunch one Also, what does the Qu'ran say about stoning women adulterers Writing from liberal climes, where the law guarantees female rights doesn't aptly capture the feelings of muslim women out there. I knew some while in school who confessed the bondage they were under.
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nice one jazakillah khayran
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by nagoma(m): 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ohibenemma: The piece seems sound, but it is warped and filled with falsehood. I would have loved to be more explicit, but for fear of being banned, I will advice readers to accept her challenge and research on the life of Muhammad( get different sources and make balanced conclusions - google is your friend); also research on the rights and privileges of women in Saudi Arabia(today) and make your informed conclusions...and don't also forget Yerima's claim that Muhammad married a kid girl too. I leave you to your conclusions as to who's trying to deceive who...
Your ancestors might have married monkeys 1500 years ago. You never know.
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Ohibenemma(m): 9:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
nagoma:
Your ancestors might have married monkeys 1500 years ago. You never know.
Don't get what you mean... Please clarify...

2 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by oxyG: 9:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
nneh1: I have analysed this, and have found out it is only for the blind.

May Allah forgive you for you have said what you know not.The blind shall know himself on the day of jujdgement.However,such a day would have been too late.Pocket your sentiment and think rightly,you shall see the truth in what has been written.Allah's peace be on you!

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by maclatunji: 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ohibenemma:
That's the point; I'm not talking about Islamic sites only, but Islamic and other sites. Most muslims always seem to say one thing and do the other, and I'm saying this from experience - we had some alfas in my department. Most are violence prone, especially when discussions go against their religious beliefs, etc. Also, I raised the question about current day Saudi women's rights and many other predominantly Islamic countries Also, was Yerima's statement twisted outta proportion and isn't he a muslim - a staunch one Also, what does the Qu'ran say about stoning women adulterers Writing from liberal climes, where the law guarantees female rights doesn't aptly capture the feelings of muslim women out there. I knew some while in school who confessed the bondage they were under.

You are still projecting and missing the point. If I want to learn about Christianity, I don't go bothering about abusive priests or philandering pastors. That is beside the point.
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by NOIBMUUL(m): 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
tbaba1234:

Islam teaches us that we – all human beings – came from one father and one mother – Adam and his wife Eve and that it was not due to Eve’s temptation that Adam and Eve were taken out of Paradise and put on earth. Both of them were led astray by Satan. So unlike in Christianity, childbirth and menstruation are not punishments from God. They are part of our experience of womanhood and have wisdoms behind them.

It would have been a beautiful piece but being a muslim you just had to exude the usual animosity, aggression and intolerance! Religion of peace. Hian!!!

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Allenkee: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
Owo Lee: Nice article...islam is for all nd a respecta of all other religion...islam is peace!!!

Kindly go and tell this to the Kenyans

2 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by thorpido(m): 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
.......Unlike Christianity....
Self-righteousness.

Reminds me of Jesus' story of two people who go before God in prayer for forgiveness.One begins to talk about how much good he had done and how he is not like that other man.
The other simply goes before God seeking forgiveness.
Jesus asked who is more justified before God?(Luke 18).

Some people tell stories of how good they are and how they are not like those christians......
Time will tell

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by nagoma(m): 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ohibenemma:
Don't get what you mean... Please clarify...

You do.
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Ohibenemma(m): 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
nagoma:

You do.
You are funny, bro.
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by nikegbade(f): 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
Maa sha Allah!
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by atrix4g(m): 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
captain_obvious:

Hmm my friend u said u not Muslim...but what u just wrote means 'you (Allah) alone deserves to be worshiped, and.you( Allah) deserves to be asked of help.'
smiley
ahh na wa ooo ignorance bad ooo. wats dere is 'guide us to the right path'. ehhh naijaRIANS
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by maclatunji: 10:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
NOIBMUUL:

It would have been a beautiful piece but being a muslim you just had to exude the usual animosity, aggression and intolerance! Religion of peace. Hian!!!

There is no animosity in her post. She simply contrasted her faith with Christian beliefs. It is rather you and your likes not being able to comprehend because you fear that the comparison makes Christianianity look deficient. It is up to you to study more and consider your position vis-a-vis your faith.

The writer knows her readership has a large percentage of Christians, her comparison is on point.
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Ohibenemma(m): 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
maclatunji:

There is no animosity in her post. She simply contrasted her faith with Christian beliefs. It is rather you and your likes not being able to comprehend because you fear that the comparison makes Christianianity look deficient. It is up to you to study more and consider your position vis-a-vis your faith.

The writer knows her readership has a large percentage of Christians, her comparison is on point.
The comparison was wrong; that's what makes it irking. It only portrays her as either a religious bigot( like most of us are) and/or an unrepentant liar.

3 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by walexbiz(m): 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
oti-igba:
rubbish!! you forgot that we are all born with no cloths on, cloths are man made so is islam, who says you must cover up

So does your mother or female sibling move around unclad... very sorry if it sound offensive.

just curious

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by kadree(m): 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
REALITY101:

You have nothing reasonable to say do you? Ode
Calling me ode because I drew ur attention to how disappointing Your frail knowledge base is?
Mr Reality,I can only laff at ur ailment-rear stupidity.
Pls stop d barking n help save d pple around U̶̲̥̅̊ some late night stress.hypertension might b knocking at d door.Doing more to improve is all i beg of u.
Again,ur best is extremely ordinary.
101 ? I see!
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Sissie(f): 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
Many people think they have an opinion on what a Muslim woman should do or shouldn't do, the ignorance is high. You talk to a non Muslim as a muslimah and he's surprised you can speak English, they think your dumb, oppressed and an illiterate. They think you need liberation/freedom.

They should be worried about people who turned themselves into sex objects.

So she compared!! Did you pause to think and understand why she did, or you just joined the bandwagon and typed about it being wrong. Most of you are just looking for something to say to complain about.
The message is clear, you either get it or don't. Nothing to get defensive about, she wasn't insulting christianity and their was no animosity.

4 Likes

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by TaofeekKayode: 11:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
dat means u re a blind,

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Aleeyouchalawa(m): 12:25am On Sep 27, 2013
I am a Muslim;
Islaam is perfect;
But I am not;
If I make a mistake;
Blame it on me;
not on my Religion.
Thank you. cheesy"

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Hertheybc(f): 12:27am On Sep 27, 2013
captain_obvious:

Hmm my friend u said u not Muslim...but what u just wrote means 'you (Allah) alone deserves to be worshiped, and.you( Allah) deserves to be asked of help.'
smiley

A̶̲̥̅♏ sorry sir/ma dats not the meaning of ihidinna sirotal mustakeem #Guide us 2 d right path* jst correctin
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by olaNL: 12:28am On Sep 27, 2013
captain_obvious:

smiley
actualy, it mean 'guide us through d right path'
u can the translation in suratul fathia
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by Owobobrown(m): 1:35am On Sep 27, 2013
fake religion
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by akwunmi(m): 2:50am On Sep 27, 2013
MAY ALLAH REWARD U GREATLY for showing n telling d world HIJAB does not mean u ar outdated or u are being forced or being victimiz for slavery..it is d call of ur god(allah) u answer...thank. U for dis!!

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by akwunmi(m): 2:54am On Sep 27, 2013
Aleeyouchalawa: I am a Muslim;
Islaam is perfect;
But I am not;
If I make a mistake;
Blame it on me;
not on my Religion.
Thank you. cheesy"
THANK U.islam is perFeCT!!!
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by akwunmi(m): 3:08am On Sep 27, 2013
LIK HW MNY MUslimS WEY DE UR AREA Or ur family or ur friends don breed torroris??.stop being fooled by wot u hear or c on D media,only jugde d 1s u hav arund u n B sincere wit ur close examination....may god help open ur eyes to c d truth,if dats is wot U ar truly. After....
Re: Secrets Of A Muslim Woman by sweetcheecks(f): 4:23am On Sep 27, 2013
Ayoobscom: The Americans British women now have realized the virtue in covering their body..

Lol....they are really converting and any woman who really loves marry n pray in the name of marry should begin by dressing like marry

It is horrible what we see on lagos street everyday...one soft,silky rag they wear now to office,market n school with a huge crucifix dangling between a half popping breast

Subhanalah....what do they learn in church?
@bolded, Virtue in covering? They have discovered virtue in covering, right! lipsrsealed Like a fully covered woman Samantha Louise Lewthwaite, who had discovered the same virtue sprinkled bullets on women and children mercilessly, what then is the use of fully covering evil? I would rather see half unclad women than the fully covered but are still involved in committing the most hidious crimes and being used as tools to bring misery in the excuse of being fully covered. I guess omeone may understand the need to cover up such... Just becouse you dress like the angel that does not change the fact that you human and flawed.

I guess Samantha's family wish their daughter had never discovered this particularr virtue that has brought them pain and shame.

NOW WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT? It beats me! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Crowds Visit Lagos Mosque For Apparitions Of Clerics / Mecca Stampede 150 Dead, 500 Injured / Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.