Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell (20205 Views)

Dickson,alamieyeseigha Ordered Out Of Jonathan's Meeting With PDP Board Of Trust / Photos From President Jonathan's Meeting With Parents Of Abducted Chibok Girls / President Jonathan To Ring NYSE Closing Bell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 24, 2013
Garri_Activist: And how e take reduce the price of my precious garri? Ehn! Retardeen, answer me oh! Mstchw!
The drunken kindergarten donkey head president reminds me of when I use to be a time keeper in primary school.. Na me dey ring bellgrinangry
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 24, 2013
omanzo02: It's very obvious most respondents here failed English language.

GEJ was not even talking about Obama when he used "you", simply putted he meant " To fix the world, u must fix Africa, to fix Africa, Nigeria must be fixed".

GEJ use of "you" was for a better understanding to his listener, and making sentences like that is common with Nigerians, so leave the man alone.

It's obvious the English language isn't your first language. If he wasn't alluding to Obama, then he must have been talking to a tooth fairy.

And your use of "putted" had me rotflmao. He definitely "simply putted." grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:28am On Sep 24, 2013
kaeto: may you remain daft forever as you pretend not to understand that simple oratory of our dear president GEJ. Hypocrite! Everybody is feeling the impact of GEJ in many sectors like power, agriculture, transport, aviation, etc.
And behold u're wiser in ur own way of reasoning, VERY DAFT! Smh sad
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by ZUBY77(m): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2013
I hardly comment on this section simply because of too many silly bigots who believe their own person should be the president or governors.

These bigots such as gbameta and his co tribal goats always have negative things to say about Jonathan even before they start reading any topic that contained his name.

Mr President won an election. He won in almost all your Yorubaland.
He was and still is obviously better than Buhari and Tinubu.

Your Obasanjo ruled this country for 8 years and almost succeeded in extending it to 12 years.

Tell me if Jonathan's three years has not surpased OBJ's eight years in every sector.

Jonathan clearly stated a quote which contained "".
He wasnt refering to Obama, he was refering to the World.

You can never fix the World problems without carrying Africa along. And who is Africa if not Nigeria.

Before you tribal bigots post anything about Jonathan again, remove the veil of hatred in your eyes, keyboards, touchscreens and fingers.

7 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by 5megabyte: 11:32am On Sep 24, 2013
Pangea:

Mr. President!
What were you elected to do?
Wait on Obama to come and do your work for you? angry
Smh angry
I tire for these people o! angry

Wetin concern America with fixing Nigeria? eh?
America is interested in one thing and one thing only!
AMERICAN INTEREST
Get that into your head Mr. Man! angry

While its truly out of step to ask obama for help, nonetheless you not right to say america is all about their own interest, wrong wrong wrong. Even the arabs that bask in this interpretation and teach it to future generations always ask for america's help whenever an assad goes mad in a syria, pls leave that false over-used rhetoric out of. Your rather okay assertion
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Lordlexyy: 11:35am On Sep 24, 2013
Rossikk:

And you know this having conducted extensive research in the over 250 countries that make up our planet.

Or...(much more likely) it's a claim you've pulled, without the merest pretence at research, from the deepest recesses of your stinking butt.
Keep running your mouth like someone bewitch with ogbanje spirit since you are the self appointed p.a of the president.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by ArsenalGuy: 11:39am On Sep 24, 2013
What the president said is ironical. That he mentioned "you" dosnt mean he was begging Obama. It's better to read with understanding b4 commenting. Education is not only about knowing how to read and write.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by mayornel: 11:42am On Sep 24, 2013
Hmmmmm!!!ppl should just try and learn how to understand simple and easy english...and perhaps many of u can find faults and complaints but fewer can do better out there....there has bin am opportunities for all the major tribes in nigeria to make nigeria a better nation but thet have all failed....mind u ur failure Or success in office will be determind by the quality of ur predicessor.. This are long time problems and years will be needed for get it solved....standup and let's pray for d peace of our dear nation...GOD bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:53am On Sep 24, 2013

GEJ was not even talking about Obama when he used "you", simply putted he meant " To fix the world, u must fix Africa, to fix Africa, Nigeria must be fixed".

GEJ use of "you" was for a better understanding to his listener, and making sentences like that is common with Nigerians, so leave the man alone.
Lemme ask u Mr. English language GURU-Maharaji,
"How do u knw GEJ was not talkin 2 Obama whilst facing him? Eh? angry

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:57am On Sep 24, 2013
Arsenal-Guy:
What the president said is ironical. That he mentioned "you" dosnt mean he was begging Obama. It's better to read with understanding b4 commenting. Education is not only about knowing how to read and write.
My friend SHARRRAP & gor & face ya club 2 see if dey can manage 2 carry 7th or 8th position in dis premier league season angry
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 24, 2013
I hope Nigeria will give up associating with small South Africa and mingle with the bigger boys like the USA, Canada, UK, Germany, France and Japan.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
Arsenal-Guy:

It seems you lot are ret.arded beyond redemption.

This is the excerpt again:

“For you to fix the world, you must fix Africa. For you to fix Africa, you must fix Nigeria”. That’s the message our dear President Jonathan greeted President Obama with as they start their bilateral meeting.

^^^^Take a deep breath, and read the second sentence.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by musiwa1l: 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
Jonathan/lamido after 2015 is a return of the military all over west africa
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by ChiSun27(m): 12:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
Kamanda: I want to be a Time Keeper when I grow up. cool

So shall it be IJN.A.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by free2ryhme: 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
wandeok: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan made history yesterday as he became the first Nigerian Leader to ring the closing bell at the Newyork Stock Exchange (NYSE). Recall that in 2009, Late President Yar Adua was the first Nigerian Leader to Ring the Opening bell on the floor of the Nigeria Stock Exchange. He Took to his Facebook Page and posted this after ringing the closing bell…..

“Goodluck Jonathan
Today, I had the honour of ringing the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange after I had heralded to global captains of industry Nigeria’s efforts in recent times that has made our nation a prime destination for foreign investment and one that ensures some of the highest Return on Investments (RoI) in the world. This is just the beginning of greater things to come for our country and our continent. The foundation of planning which we laid at the inception of our administration is being strengthened for greater service delivery for our people. My attention has just been drawn to some modest but positive steps in the education sector. In 2010, the pass rates for our National Examinations Council (NECO) Senior School Certificate Examinations was 15.84%. To address the abysmal failure and general decay in education we convened an emergency education summit in 2010 to deliberate on why we had fallen so far back and how best can we move up? We took the report from that conference and began implementing some of the recommendations. The education sector had the highest sectoral allocation in the budget the following year and has remained among the topmost in allocation since then. On Friday the 20th of September 2013, the results of our efforts began to manifest. This year, 69.57% of Nigerian students passed the 2013 Senior School Certificate Examinations. We cannot relent. While we continue to negotiate with ASUU so that never again will strikes be an impediment to the realization of our children's educational aspiration, it is important that we keep our eyes on the ball: a holistic turn around in our education. As we make progress in every sector of our economy: Transportation, Aviation, Agriculture, Power, Finance, Energy Security and all others it is not celebration time until all our citizens can feel the progress in our communities and our constituencies. We must pay greater attention to education. As I said on this page on April 10, 2012 when I commissioned the first of 400 Almajirinci Model Schools in Gagi, Sokoto state “a nation does not become wealthy by what it has under the ground rather the wealth of nations are today measured by what is between the ears of her citizens”. To the world I say, we have the most industrious humans on earth and we are ready for business. To fellow Nigerians, our collective work for change is not done. Lets us not be discouraged by the attempt to drag us into partisan politics when the urgent issue of the moment is governance. GEJ”

President Jonathan is in Newyork for the United Nations summit.
President Jonathan also met with President Obama. The meeting was held in the LyndonnB Johnson suite in Waldorf-Asstoria. “For you to fix the world, you must fix Africa. For you to fix Africa, you must fix Nigeria”. That’s the message our dear President Jonathan greeted President Obama with as they start their bilateral meeting. Obama condemned the attack on Kenyan mall. President Jonathan will be addressing the U.N today.

source---- http://www.hovabuzz.com/news/488-for-you-to-fix-the-world-you-must-fix-nigeria-this-was-president-jonathan-s-message-when-he-met-pres-obama
blackman and theiR shallow mentality bell wey terllytub, bartman etc do rind we're no hear anytin. A whole president u enter facebook go add am as your list of achievement. What pity
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by ucyoma(m): 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
[quote author=omanzo02]It's very obvious most respondents here failed English language.

GEJ was not even talking about Obama when he used "you", simply he meant " To fix the world, u must fix Africa, to fix Africa, Nigeria must be fixed".

GEJ use of "you" was for a better understanding to his listener, and making sentences like that is common with Nigerians, so leave the man alone.[/quote

"PUTTED" indeed!!!! sinx I graduated, I hvnt GOTTED a job[b][quote author=omanzo02]It's very obvious most respondents here failed English language.

GEJ was not even talking about Obama when he used "you", simply he meant " To fix the world, u must fix Africa, to fix Africa, Nigeria must be fixed".

GEJ use of "you" was for a better understanding to his listener, and making sentences like that is common with Nigerians, so leave the man alone.[/quote

"PUTTED" indeed!!!! sinx I graduated, I hvnt GOTTED a job[/b][quote author=omanzo02]It's very obvious most respondents here failed English language.

GEJ was not even talking about Obama when he used "you", simply PUTTED he meant " To fix the world, u must fix Africa, to fix Africa, Nigeria must be fixed".

"PUTTED" indeed!!!! sinx I graduated, I hvnt GOTTED a job
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2013
The whole thing is just embarrassing, to be honest. From the irrelevant bell, to the inconsequential bilateral talks that's absolutely useless at the this stage. I still don't know how you can go into bilateral talks by worshipping the other man like he's a deity and making the dumbest statement ever, yet you expect him to take you seriously.

Yeah, Barack Obama is coming to fix Nigeria, Africa and the world - all hail Barack Obama!
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
ucyoma: "PUTTED" indeed!!!! sinx I graduated, I hvnt GOTTED a job

Lmao.

The guy is definitely a golf player and he "simply putted!"

Naija's own Tiger Woods meet Phil Mickelson!

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by ucyoma(m): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2013

"PUTTED" indeed!!!! sinx I graduated, I hvnt GOTTED a job
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Abok1(m): 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2013

With every comment GEJ makes it easy for the opposition to ridicule his person and office. Its becoming very common for our dear GEJ to embarrass himself anytime he opens his mouth to talk, that I wonder if it would be helpful to get an interpreter or handler for him. Maybe he should make statements in his local language and the handler would translate to English based on how intelligent the initial statement is. GEJ needs a PR guru as soon as possible, because for crying out loud why does he sound clueless and prosaic?

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
I blame pidgin English culture for inability of kids to understand grammar.

What's the meaning of clueless ? I can bet that many nairalanders dont know.

To fix the world, Africa must be fixed. To fix Africa, Nigeria must be fixed; In summary, to fix the world, Nigeria MUST be fixed.

"if pikin no sleep, him mama no go sleep".

I have no time to come here often to educate you people.

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
i didn't read what gej said. but from the posts, i don't it is a first class speech befitting a nigerian president. i remembered when head of state military man olusegun obasanjo visited the white house in the time of president jimmy carter. obasanjo stood like the man in charge with the walking stick as accessory, carter had no choice but to stand almost as a military man, too.

this our president gej slouches like a timid little boy talking to his wealthy uncle who doesnt come around much. to imagine that gej is older than obama and gej under his fisherman's hat cowers like a child about to be given some candies by that very wealthy uncle is unbelievable.

this man is from my era and i am disappointed. maybe his wife should be the president, instead. at least she is bold and will not hunch her back as the husband did.

no president should concede to another, even if you rule a hamlet. drumming up investment is completely different from asking anyone to fix your territory, your country. heck. this is disappointing, to say the least.

and next time, those of you who live in nigeria, vote a person, man or woman who has some spine. someone who can sit straight and look at his equal eye to eye. not the student looking down in front of the headmaster.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Awoofawo(m): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
omenka: Thus sayeth the Bell Ringer!

The only time I'd be surprised about this man's utterance is when he makes an intelligent remark befitting for a president.

the lord of the bell would be more like it... lipsrsealed
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Sajio(m): 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
gboss4sure: GEJ knows what he is saying so you all should stop running your mouth. The corruption and problems in Nigeria are mainly influenced by. Britain and America just like they do all over the world. If you aint into international politics to know what's happening then take panadol and chill
........... You'v Just spoken well joor! Don't mind this bad belle people. So happy †̥ know people like you is in this forum!!
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by iphedahyor(m): 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
Visit http://nairamake.tk/ref/Nino1991 for comfirm waec,neco,jamb expo.Guys u need to try it,I'm browsing and dowloading 4 free
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by greaterlove(m): 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
The hatred for GEJ by some people amazes me. This hatred is so much that it blinds them from any form of rational reasoning. Its so blinding that they have been able to convince themselves that white is black. Some people need to be reminded that they are Nigerians, and that Goodluck Jonathan is their commander in chief. As long as this visit to the US is concerned GEJ has performed very very well.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by clint77ng: 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
WildChild00: Having read the pieace of information frm the above website, I will want to believe that Mr. President did not directly meant is counter-part from the United States of American "Barrack Obama" should come physically to help fix Nigeria, I am sure wat he meant is that there should be some kind of dipolmatic agreement, bilateral agreement, trainings agreement, Mou, etc to help out, I maybe wrong though.
Dont mind those fools, cos of hate, they cant comprehend simple engliish. Yes GEJ will vacate to white house while Obama will vacate to Aso Rock. The hate is making people crazy.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by dannie04: 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
50calibre: See our president, like a school boy given the privilege to shake the head master's hand.

Look at him smiling sheepishly, Obama should come fix Nigeria for you, while large scale looting is going on under your watc, even your wife is loose like a mad dog.

What an embarrassment.

If we are to judge by your pix its definitely the opposite. I can clearly see Obama having his hands stretched more than GEJ's.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Krisddon: 12:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
Please what does ringing opening or closing bell of New York Stock Exchange mean? Cos if it's ordinary ringing the opening and closing bell of the stock exchage just like is done on daily basis whether in Nigeria's or America's stock exchange, i don't see any reason why too much importance should be attached to it to the extent of saying that Jonathan has made history. Or is it because it has to do with America? Can someone explain cos i didn't get it. Thanks
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
Sajio: ........... You'v Just spoken well joor! Don't mind this bad belle people. So happy †̥ know people like you is in this forum!!
U & dat guy, d one u quoted, una two... CUCUMBER grin
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pangea:

Since he knows his limitation, let him kindly resign and give room to people who are capable.
Enough of this charade! angry
You mean he should give room to those who have no limitation(s)? Can you please help this house by mentioning their names. We're waiting.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by pmc01(m): 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
God of Mercy! See as Oga Jona dey blush like say... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects Isolation Unit For Ebola Virus Patients. PICS / PHOTOS: Last Moments Of Muammar Gaddafi(Viewer's Discretion) / No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.