Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell (20206 Views)

Dickson,alamieyeseigha Ordered Out Of Jonathan's Meeting With PDP Board Of Trust / Photos From President Jonathan's Meeting With Parents Of Abducted Chibok Girls / President Jonathan To Ring NYSE Closing Bell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by badmeat(m): 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
Who be the man?GEJ,wetin be the party?PDP
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Timijo(m): 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
NEW HAPPENINGS AROUND THE WORLD
1. Ballotelli missed penalty against Napoli
2. Mikel Obi scored his 1st EPL goal for the agbero club after 7 years and in 185 matches
3. Arsenal is at the top of the 2013 EPL table
4. Victor Valdez is saving penalties for Barca.
5. FC Barcelona lost ball possession to Rayo Vallecano.
6. Jnr Pope proposed to Jennifer and it made the FP. While Oluwa Seun Osewa is yet to propose to Mukina.
7 . GEJ became the 1st Nigerian president to ring the NYSE closing bell.

Are these things not strange?
End Time Tinz

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MiguelMi6(m): 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
Michael Sokoto:
Bros we don hear naa! grin
What did you do with my comment.You twisted it.Dude,are you okay.what the hell was that for?
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by deletrue: 1:13pm On Sep 24, 2013
What is happening in Nigeria and to nigerians is what i will describe as many nigerians runing a race on unmarked tracks, as winners will not be identified. Having gone through many of the threads here, there is clear indication that majority of us are men of very little or without understanding! Otherwise how come a high number, including Wandeok, Pangea, Segun-obe, ronalmagic and many others can misconstrued calling the USA to come and fix Nigeria for incompetency of president Jona? With this level of most nigerians, there is realy trouble inasmuch as a greater number of nigerians are below normalcy. I think I am waisting time here. Am strongly doubting the number of people that will understand this view points.

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Venchy: 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2013
ceosville: i comment for commenting sake, I don't even know what you guys are talking about.

As a matter of fact you are very funny and I like your comment.

When you have people that have no direction and VALUES but think acquisition acquisition acquisition of Bloody wealth is the only way while they can't even tell how long they'll leave on this planet, definitely another leader from another continent will not come to Nigeria but INVITE our DUMP PRESIDENT to tell him how to run Nigeria.

Na wa ooo, Nigeria is NOTHING but laughing stock.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by deletrue: 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
Timijo: NEW HAPPENINGS AROUND THE WORLD
2. Mikel Obi scored his 1st EPL goal for the agbero club after 7 years and in 185 matches
6. Jnr Pope proposed to Jennifer and it made the FP. While Oluwa Seun Osewa is yet to propose to Mukina.

End Time Tinz
Why not? Going through your meaningless and senseless thread, why do we have to doubt the saying "wonders shall ner end". But wait a minute...
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by deletrue: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
Timijo: NEW HAPPENINGS AROUND THE WORLD

End Time Tinz
Why not? Going through your meaningless and senseless thread, why do we have to doubt the saying "wonders shall ner end". But wait a minute... You mean for 7 years, Mikel scored only one goal? Can those powerful analylists in NL tell me how many goals J. J. Okocha scored.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by festusfeezy(m): 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
[qte author=ChiSun27]

So shall it be IJN.A.[/quote
u uU guys should stop criticising dis able presido 4 God's sake. What is wrong in seeking helpgfrom an advance country or don't u guys knw wen us got their independent. Pls let's hear word for once.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Chrisabig(m): 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pangea:

Since he knows his limitation, let him kindly resign and give room to people who are capable.
Enough of this charade! angry

WHO DO YOU THINK CAN DO IT, FOR 34 OR SO THEY DID NOT EVEN TRY WHICH YOU AND I KNOW, WHO WILL TRY.? WE CAN SEE WHAT JO IS DOING WITHOUT SOMEBODY TELLING YOU BU.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Timijo(m): 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
deletrue: Why not? Going through your meaningless and senseless thread, why do we have to doubt the saying "wonders shall ner end". But wait a minute... You mean for 7 years, Mikel scored only one goal? Can those powerful analylists in NL tell me how many goals J. J. Okocha scored.
Are you the Mr. Ejiofor?
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by HUGES: 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2013
FOR U TO FIX THE 'WORLD'.... Is Obama the Ruler of the world? If u say he is then u may be rit in concluding that GEJ's speech was literal and then also u have no reason to blame him cos he was indeed (according to u) talking with the leader of d world.
But if Obama is not d leader of world (which I believe he is not) why then do u tink Joe was referring to him because of d use of 'you'. Na wa for all of una o.
In a forum wher d world will be listening to u as a leader of a nation dat is obviously struggling, u shld admit u need help. Help to combat terrorism, help for the multi-billion dollar corportions all over d world to come to ur home and invest so dat there will be jobs 4 d unemployed, etc. How can I bring myself to d unreasonable point of not seeing d correct meaning of a simple statement because I dislike a man. The smartest tin I'wld do will b to ignore him cos though I dont lik him, yet common sense tells me d statement has no problem.
So in ur thinking d guy literally meant 'Obama come and help me do my work o while I sit down 4 u to fix it', so dat's what u think he meant?
Our problem in dis country is dat we dont like talking to ourselves first b4 talking to others. Abeg let me get back to important matters
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by abacrested(f): 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2013
I think nairaland is full of lil boys that has nothing doing
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MARKREN: 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2013
His Speeches just keeps getting worse.

His actions continue to potray his inferiority complex and lack of any deep thought (What is symbolic in ringing the NYSE opening bell, what is the value added by this singular action? How does this solve the numerous problems he abandoned here?)

His inactions exposes his weaknesses (Ignoring ASUU, the $3 billion annual lossed to oils theft etc.)

There is a maxim in law that says you cannot give what you do not
have....

So we have now left God (since "he has refused to answer us"wink & are now calling Obama and other foreigners to help us fix Nigeria.......................

I wonder what next...... calling the "devil who we blame for our problems" to fix it.................

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Caseless: 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
tpacalipse: The truth of the matter is that some primary school pupils are better than all our politicians all combined. And I have a strong belief that corruption can make a brilliant soul go retarded.
spot-on! Did u see d part whr , after obama condemned kenya attack , and gej also commented in shaky voice that, 'terror on one part of d world is a terror on all of us'. On aljazeera? I was like wtf, is dat my president? The guy sounded unpolished and unequiped. Sms!
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by tpia5: 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
The meeting hasnt garnered too much interest, i think they may have to work on their ratings.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Caseless: 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
abacrested: I think nairaland is full of lil boys that has nothing doing
yauwwaa..we don hear u! 'miss engaged and busy', what are u doing here?

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by omanzo02: 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
shymexx:

It's obvious the English language isn't your first language. If he wasn't alluding to Obama, then he must have been talking to a tooth fairy.

And your use of "putted" had me rotflmao. He definitely "simply putted." grin grin

Dude,

As a Nigerian my ethnic language is my first language, I definitely understood what GEJ meant, his choice of word "you" was to put his listeners in a particular position to understand his message.

I am definitely sure u can't do better if given the opportunity. The 'simply putted' u are rotflmao about was an auto correction I didn't check, if u were smart as u claimed u would notice.

So no need to waste time on u.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by maphed: 4:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
I honestly wish the universities call these half-baked graduates back to school.Sanity wld be back on nairaland. I also hope they concentrate on english language comprehension..
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Ohibenemma(m): 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
On many an occasion, I try to be neutral and silently read other people's comments, but it becomes difficult when I see the sentimental degradation that has eaten into the minds of many. Very rarely does one see rationality in the comments by NIGERIANS when it comes to political officers and it's so sickening. I can bet that over 98% of those criticising Jonathan for his brilliant oratory would have been doffing their hats had it been Fashola or other APC goons. Why have we all become like headless chickens, specially programmed to snap at anything Jonathan? Is that sensible at all?
Even a kid knows that Jonathan performed brilliantly, and any kid knows that his administration has been more pro East than West. His oratory shows great diplomacy in easing off American pressure and belligerence while courting China, Russia and the likes. Whoever doesn't see this needs to go for a #check up#
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by djon78(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
[quote author=barcanista] Leave them with dia arm-chair criticism. Some people need to go back to the basics. A man is using figurative language to another and critics are in the comfort of the bedroom ranting.

For education sake, what Jonathan is implying is that you cannot overlook Nigeria and say you want to make impact in Africa. Thank God Obama is not on NL, otherwise....

Most of the folks on this forunm lack basic comprehension skill and this shows u the level quality education that are in this country, when I read some of the reaction I was like what the heck, the guy was not telling Obama to come fix Nigeria, he was highlighting how strategically important Nigeria's success is vis-à-vis to the success of Africa. They couldn't understand the figurative speech the man used, instead they are calling him all manner of unprintable names and most of these foilks can't even manage small business talk less of a country.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by omanzo02: 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
Billyonaire: I blame pidgin English culture for inability of kids to understand grammar.

What's the meaning of clueless ? I can bet that many nairalanders dont know.

To fix the world, Africa must be fixed. To fix Africa, Nigeria must be fixed; In summary, to fix the world, Nigeria MUST be fixed.

"if pikin no sleep, him mama no go sleep".

I have no time to come here often to educate you people.

OnLy people with sound political mind and understanding understood how powerful that message to Obama is.

GEJ was telling America "Nigeria is a force to reckon with in overall progress of Africa, so quit playing rude politics and let concentrate on development together".

Classic.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Archiq: 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
No country is an island. If gej says Obama should fix Nigeria, it doesn't mean Obama should relocate to aso rock for goodness sake. It only means they should make policy that will favour Nigeria. look at when America wanted to bomb Syria. Russia stood their ground against it .that is what we are talking about.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Orikinla(m): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
[size=18pt]If it was not on CNN, then it is not news.[/size]
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Orikinla(m): 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pangea:

Mr. President!
What were you elected to do?
Wait on Obama to come and do your work for you? angry
Smh angry
I tire for these people o! angry

Wetin concern America with fixing Nigeria? eh?
America is interested in one thing and one thing only!
AMERICAN INTEREST
Get that into your head Mr. Man! angry

On behalf of the 75 million Nigerians who don't have access to the internet, I hereby award you 75 million Likes.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MayorofLagos(m): 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
deletrue: What is happening in Nigeria and to nigerians is what i will describe as many nigerians runing a race on unmarked tracks, as winners will not be identified. Having gone through many of the threads here, there is clear indication that majority of us are men of very little or without understanding! Otherwise how come a high number, including Wandeok, Pangea, Segun-obe, ronalmagic and many others can misconstrued calling the USA to come and fix Nigeria for incompetency of president Jona? With this level of most nigerians, there is realy trouble inasmuch as a greater number of nigerians are below normalcy. I think I am waisting time here. Am strongly doubting the number of people that will understand this view points.

When American President meets with any leader in the world there are handlers in the room with him. They are formally referred as aides. The aides work in the executive office. In addition you will also have observers. These are think tanks and the media.

These people come from different professional background, you have those to watch and interprete Jonathan's body language and his gestures and expressions, whether he is looking up and direct at Obama or looking down on the floor and not making eye contact; you have those who analyze his diction to count how many times he said "we" instead of "i"; there are people who are listening for him as an oil exporter to mention on Syrian war and comment on its impacts, and if he doesnt they have a score sheet on which to submit their opinion of him; then you have the Kenyan terror and definitely as a leader of Africa, one besieged by terrorists as well, it would help to get a resolute and firm stand on his convinction and believe that the enemy of America is the enemy of Nigeria and we stand together, lockstep, to take war to terror anywhere they exist in Africa and wipe them out.

He might wear the same hat with them but Americans are rough riders when it comes to politics and you cant go talk to their President like you are addressing some creek Chief in the Delta. Next time Gej visits America, assuming he does before 2015, he ought to watch past visits by Nigerian Presidents. Even Balewa speech in early 60s was far more Presidential and regaled than this man's.

You tell Americans how great the Nigerian people are and that you are proud of them.

You let them know that the American culture of freedom, liberty and justice is a truth we hold dear. You reassure them that your own office is a testament to the truth of democracy in a new and emerging Africa.

You bring elements of past cooperation and rivalry between America and Nigeria. World Cup is coming up, cheer them up and say we look forward to a meet on the field. Americans love to be challenged and viewed as the bully. Prop their nasty ego with political scripts.

Tell them you want to see more Americans visit, invest and settle in Nigeria. This is only possible in a secured and productive society and that mission is already off ground and in pilot stage and with cooperation from the State Department and Chambers of Commerce the opportunities are endless.

Dude Gej speech is unpresidential, period!

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by ArsenalGuy: 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
shymexx:

It seems you lot are ret.arded beyond redemption.

This is the excerpt again:

^^^^Take a deep breath, and read the second sentence.

It's obvious u really lack understanding. So bc they wrote that he greeted him with that statement in quote means he was begging him. Hmmmmm. SMH
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Liverpoolfc(m): 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pangea:

Since he knows his limitation, let him kindly resign and give room to people who are capable.
Enough of this charade! angry
you mean people without limitations?
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:46pm On Sep 24, 2013
HUGE_S: FOR U TO FIX THE 'WORLD'.... Is Obama the Ruler of the world? If u say he is then u may be rit in concluding that GEJ's speech was literal and then also u have no reason to blame him cos he was indeed (according to u) talking with the leader of d world.
But if Obama is not d leader of world (which I believe he is not) why then do u tink Joe was referring to him because of d use of 'you'. Na wa for all of una o.
In a forum wher d world will be listening to u as a leader of a nation dat is obviously struggling, u shld admit u need help. Help to combat terrorism, help for the multi-billion dollar corportions all over d world to come to ur home and invest so dat there will be jobs 4 d unemployed, etc. How can I bring myself to d unreasonable point of not seeing d correct meaning of a simple statement because I dislike a man. The smartest tin I'wld do will b to ignore him cos though I dont lik him, yet common sense tells me d statement has no problem.
So in ur thinking d guy literally meant 'Obama come and help me do my work o while I sit down 4 u to fix it', so dat's what u think he meant?
Our problem in dis country is dat we dont like talking to ourselves first b4 talking to others. Abeg let me get back to important matters
I dn't even understand all d TRASH u jez spat out! undecided
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
caseless: spot-on! Did u see d part whr , after obama condemned kenya attack , and gej also commented in shaky voice that, 'terror on one part of d world is a terror on all of us'. On aljazeera? I was like wtf, is dat my president? The guy sounded unpolished and unequiped. Sms!
Bros bear am, 2015 nor far egain undecided
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ohibenemma: On many an occasion, I try to be neutral and silently read other people's comments, but it becomes difficult when I see the sentimental degradation that has eaten into the minds of many. Very rarely does one see rationality in the comments by NIGERIANS when it comes to political officers and it's so sickening. I can bet that over 98% of those criticising Jonathan for his brilliant oratory would have been doffing their hats had it been Fashola or other APC goons. Why have we all become like headless chickens, specially programmed to snap at anything Jonathan? Is that sensible at all?
Even a kid knows that Jonathan performed brilliantly, and any kid knows that his administration has been more pro East than West. His oratory shows great diplomacy in easing off American pressure and belligerence while courting China, Russia and the likes. Whoever doesn't see this needs to go for a #check up#
Go kiss a toad, it's healthy angry
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
omanzo02:

OnLy people with sound political mind and understanding understood how powerful that message to Obama is.

GEJ was telling America "Nigeria is a force to reckon with in overall progress of Africa, so quit playing rude politics and let concentrate on development together".

Classic.
Smh sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N4.7B Poll Cash: Three Mansions Traced To Fayose’s associate - EFCC / Umahi Increases Ebonyi Workers' Salaries By 5%, Pardons 32 Prisoners (Pics) / Court Affirms The Proscription Of IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.