Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell (20207 Views)

Dickson,alamieyeseigha Ordered Out Of Jonathan's Meeting With PDP Board Of Trust / Photos From President Jonathan's Meeting With Parents Of Abducted Chibok Girls / President Jonathan To Ring NYSE Closing Bell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by SamAfrik(m): 9:21am On Sep 24, 2013
And Obama shd leave what Americans elected him to fix and come fix ur Nigeria that u are elected to fix? What a funny utterance filled with low self esteem. My president, there are better diplomatic ways of saying things, sir.

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MiguelMi6(m): 9:21am On Sep 24, 2013
Fools definitely don't understand that statement.What he meant by "For you to fix the world,you have to fix Nigeria,For you to fix Africa,you have to fix Nigeria".It's just a mere saying to remind Obama,That Nigeria Remains a force to reckon with on the African Continent.Africa's Greatness and power must be attributed to Nigeria's role on the Continet.Therefore,Africa is Incomplete without a working and functional Nigeria".Get the tone right.don't criticize him yet.Moreover,this trip has been fruitful from day one,he's spoken more like a president in New York".

7 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by SamAfrik(m): 9:24am On Sep 24, 2013
tpacalipse: The truth of the matter is that some primary school pupils are better than all our politicians all combined. And I have a strong belief that corruption can make a brilliant soul go retarded.
thats true, thought I was d only one in this school of thought.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 24, 2013
B4 criticising GEJ how many of U have reported an armed robber, akidnapper or just an ordinary thief to the police?

How many hard the opportunity to cheat in an examination or job interview but restrained themselves?
ur state governors are busy looting their treasuries but have the guts to attck GEj at the slightest excuse.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by mekaboy(m): 9:44am On Sep 24, 2013
mars123: Obj and Donald Duke ran for presi...Obj won(Nigerians voted him)
Igbinedion governed for 4yrs,squandering was done...WAS GIVEN ANOTHER 4YRS and he continued from where he stopped.
Some deltans still celebrated ibori's birthda wen he is in prison for mass squandering and theft of their state funds
Some yoruba's still call Obj their God!
Elected governor of abia state runs a very poor and unimaginative governance and some say he is" WORKING"
The truth is we are suffering from our corrupt decisions!remove sentiments from 2015 let the obvious best candidate win.

Ifeanyi ubah who is in debt and his company has been taken over by govt is is contesting for gov anambra, and pple will still vote him. They same pple cry when the govt loots them dry.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 24, 2013
Imagine a "leader" begging another man to shoulder his obligations for him !!

Imagine a set of scumbags who prefer been governed under the aegis of visionless & paralysed leadership !!

Imagine a bunch of Retardinhos who want their impotent Retardeen on the hot seat in some years to come !!

....Excuse me somebody, are these people really human beigns worth existing at all?

3 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Lilchilz(m): 10:32am On Sep 24, 2013
Why I got divorced.... Sad story of AKPOS !! Last week was my birthday.... My wife didn't
wish me.... My parents forgot and so did my
kids....
I went to work.. Even my colleagues didn't
wish me..
As I entered my cabin my secretary said, "Happy
Birthday Boss"..
I felt so special.... She asked me out to lunch....
After lunch, she invited me to her apartment....
i felt
she wanted sex , without hesitating i agreed WE went there....
She said, "Do you mind if i go into
the bedroom for a minute ?"
"OKAY", I said....
She came out 5minutes later with a
cake And My Wife, My Parents, My Kids, My Friends &
My Colleagues....
All Screaming, SURPRISE....
And
. .
I was waiting on the sofa n.aked....

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by legalcode(m): 10:39am On Sep 24, 2013
Pangea:

Since he knows his limitation, let him kindly resign and give room to people who are capable.
Enough of this charade! angry

Since you are a failure in life why not resign to faith and commit suicide. I guess thats your theory. Fool.

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Boss13: 10:40am On Sep 24, 2013
MiguelMi6: Fools definitely don't understand that statement.What he meant by "For you to fix the world,you have to fix Nigeria,For you to fix Africa,you have to fix Nigeria".It's just a mere saying to remind Obama,That Nigeria Remains a force to reckon with on the African Continent.Africa's Greatness and power must be attributed to Nigeria's role on the Continet.Therefore,Africa is Incomplete without a working and functional Nigeria".Get the tone right.don't criticize him yet.Moreover,this trip has been fruitful from day one,he's spoken more like a president in New York".

God bless you my brother. I just got tired reading stupid comments. People just love insulting the president without even having any clue on what the issues are. They wait for issues to come up so that they can insult some more. There are some policies implemented by GEJ that I am not happy with but I am proud of him for the initiatives he is taking to fix this country. He is truly a listening president.

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by ALASADONALD: 10:42am On Sep 24, 2013
pls, forget about jonatha and lets face the poverty challenges facing nigerian family. I am the founder/CEO of a fast growing non banking financial centre in Ogun state, ijebu ode,i have been on it since two years ago, we have 2000 customers already, i have 10 staff. i need a partner who we can run it together. We have a vision to be in 3 state by 2015. interested pls contact 07054315071 or excellentwingsgenesis@yahoo.com.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by UyiIredia(m): 10:45am On Sep 24, 2013
'. . . after I had heralded to global captains of industry
Nigeria’s efforts in recent times that has made our nation a prime
destination for foreign investment and one that ensures some of the highest Return on Investments (RoI) in the world.'

- Goodluck Jonathan

@ statement: I dey laff !

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:47am On Sep 24, 2013
Wasted years rubbish

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2013
Pangea:

Mr. President!
What were you elected to do?
Wait on Obama to come and do your work for you? angry
Smh angry
I tire for these people o! angry

Wetin concern America with fixing Nigeria? eh?
America is interested in one thing and one thing only!
AMERICAN INTEREST
Get that into your head Mr. Man! angry
tell him o
GEJ keeps making dumb statements day after day.
At least for the fact that he was elected president,it did not occur to him to take foreign policy,diplomacy classes?

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Hamazz1: 10:54am On Sep 24, 2013
Its ultra clear that leaders in this country find it much more easier to speak English now than tell the truth forgetting how ever that it shall set ye free.ringing opening bells to good business n ringing closing bells to massive profits wht abt úr own nse Nigeria has been ranked the worst place on earth to b born in 2013 then how in heavens name can such a tack accompany investment or has he forgotten wht he's left behind SE n SS kidnapping SW deportation of nigerians in there own country NE boko ruthless bokoharam n NC attacks n reprisals.gejs 2nd term ambition plus the internal imbroglio in the ruling party has over shadowed Nigeria as a whole not just a unit.assu strike treats from kevin in delta state to the so called business u wish to sell will it not b much more easier when u ring a bell signalling a change in your administrations policy.well like I always say incompetence begets woefull results.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by moscobabs(m): 10:57am On Sep 24, 2013
Kamanda: I want to be a Time Keeper when I grow up. cool
Amen,ase,Amin na kunfayakun!!!! congrat

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 24, 2013
legalcode:

Since you are a failure in life why not resign to faith and commit suicide. I guess thats your theory. Fool.

Human beigns are bound to have their own opinions on issues, hence why we are called rational.

'Cos the poster u quoted has a conflicting opinion to yours NEVER warrants you insulting him !...

unless you are a definition of the opposite of "rational" in this context, then would you realize you only ended up been the name you tagged him !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:58am On Sep 24, 2013
omanzo02: It's very obvious most respondents here failed English language.

GEJ was not even talking about Obama when he used "you", simply putted he meant " To fix the world, u must fix Africa, to fix Africa, Nigeria must be fixed".

GEJ use of "you" was for a better understanding to his listener, and making sentences like that is common with Nigerians, so leave the man alone.
Chai! If I say lemme shake head 4 u now, I dunno knw if it will be enuff 2 display my disappointment in u sad
Am so sad a learned being (beans) like u can't even analyse & place ur presido's speech where it should be or mean.
Chai! Some Nigerians no longer reason like normal human beings again, Smh "Signs of End-Time" sad

3 Likes

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Ediss(m): 11:04am On Sep 24, 2013
omanzo02: It's very obvious most respondents here failed English language.

GEJ was not even talking about Obama when he used "you", simply putted he meant " To fix the world, u must fix Africa, to fix Africa, Nigeria must be fixed".

GEJ use of "you" was for a better understanding to his listener, and making sentences like that is common with Nigerians, so leave the man alone.
. God bless u and make u great in life for ur sincerity. I don't know y some people will never like anything good about Jonathan. How many time have u even pray for this God blessed president and other leaders. U are just there criticising negatively, I wander if some people will ever be leader in their life from the way they are going. No offence please angry

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Pedagogue: 11:06am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by treach(m): 11:07am On Sep 24, 2013
That's a good one GEJ. grin
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:09am On Sep 24, 2013
MiguelMi6: I AM A VERY BIG FOOL definitely I don't understand that statement.What he meant by "For you to fix the world,you have to fix Nigeria,For you to fix Africa,you have to fix Nigeria".It's just a mere saying to remind Obama,That Nigeria Remains a force to reckon with on the African Continent.Africa's Greatness and power must be attributed to Nigeria's role on the Continet.Therefore,Africa is Incomplete without a working and functional Nigeria".Get the tone right.don't criticize him yet.Moreover,this trip has been fruitful from day one,he's spoken more like a president in New York".
Bros we don hear naa! grin

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2013
MiguelMi6: Fools definitely don't understand that statement.What he meant by "For you to fix the world,you have to fix Nigeria,For you to fix Africa,you have to fix Nigeria".It's just a mere saying to remind Obama,That Nigeria Remains a force to reckon with on the African Continent.Africa's Greatness and power must be attributed to Nigeria's role on the Continet.Therefore,Africa is Incomplete without a working and functional Nigeria".Get the tone right.don't criticize him yet.Moreover,this trip has been fruitful from day one,he's spoken more like a president in New York".
Leave them with dia arm-chair criticism. Some people need to go back to the basics. A man is using figurative language to another and critics are in the comfort of the bedroom ranting.

For education sake, what Jonathan is implying is that you cannot overlook Nigeria and say you want to make impact in Africa. Thank God Obama is not on NL, otherwise....

By the way......

No Vacancy in Aso Rock Till 2019(and beyond)

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by vizboy(m): 11:12am On Sep 24, 2013
As we make progress in
every sector of our economy: Transportation, Aviation, Agriculture, Power, Finance, Energy Security
and all others it is not celebration time until all our
citizens can feel the progress in our communities and
our constituencies.
this part really caught my attention and I luv it.
For those looking for any little thing to insult the president please Kindly go hug TRANSFORMER
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 24, 2013
Sad! What a failed President.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by aanyasougo: 11:14am On Sep 24, 2013
Mr President, Obama has never been a fan of Nigeria. He dosnt think much of u nd ur leadership. I wish u were smart enof to know and den mind ur own bizness
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 24, 2013
wandeok: President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan made history yesterday as he became the first Nigerian Leader to ring the closing bell at the Newyork Stock Exchange (NYSE). Recall that in 2009, Late President Yar Adua was the first Nigerian Leader to Ring the Opening bell on the floor of the Nigeria Stock Exchange. He Took to his Facebook Page and posted this after ringing the closing bell…..

“Goodluck Jonathan
Today, I had the honour of ringing the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange after I had heralded to global captains of industry Nigeria’s efforts in recent times that has made our nation a prime destination for foreign investment and one that ensures some of the highest Return on Investments (RoI) in the world. This is just the beginning of greater things to come for our country and our continent. The foundation of planning which we laid at the inception of our administration is being strengthened for greater service delivery for our people. My attention has just been drawn to some modest but positive steps in the education sector. In 2010, the pass rates for our National Examinations Council (NECO) Senior School Certificate Examinations was 15.84%. To address the abysmal failure and general decay in education we convened an emergency education summit in 2010 to deliberate on why we had fallen so far back and how best can we move up? We took the report from that conference and began implementing some of the recommendations. The education sector had the highest sectoral allocation in the budget the following year and has remained among the topmost in allocation since then. On Friday the 20th of September 2013, the results of our efforts began to manifest. This year, 69.57% of Nigerian students passed the 2013 Senior School Certificate Examinations. We cannot relent. While we continue to negotiate with ASUU so that never again will strikes be an impediment to the realization of our children's educational aspiration, it is important that we keep our eyes on the ball: a holistic turn around in our education. As we make progress in every sector of our economy: Transportation, Aviation, Agriculture, Power, Finance, Energy Security and all others it is not celebration time until all our citizens can feel the progress in our communities and our constituencies. We must pay greater attention to education. As I said on this page on April 10, 2012 when I commissioned the first of 400 Almajirinci Model Schools in Gagi, Sokoto state “a nation does not become wealthy by what it has under the ground rather the wealth of nations are today measured by what is between the ears of her citizens”. To the world I say, we have the most industrious humans on earth and we are ready for business. To fellow Nigerians, our collective work for change is not done. Lets us not be discouraged by the attempt to drag us into partisan politics when the urgent issue of the moment is governance. GEJ”

President Jonathan is in Newyork for the United Nations summit.
President Jonathan also met with President Obama. The meeting was held in the LyndonnB Johnson suite in Waldorf-Asstoria. “For you to fix the world, you must fix Africa. For you to fix Africa, you must fix Nigeria”. That’s the message our dear President Jonathan greeted President Obama with as they start their bilateral meeting. Obama condemned the attack on Kenyan mall. President Jonathan will be addressing the U.N today.

source---- http://www.hovabuzz.com/news/488-for-you-to-fix-the-world-you-must-fix-nigeria-this-was-president-jonathan-s-message-when-he-met-pres-obama
And how e take reduce the price of my precious garri? Ehn! Retardeen, answer me oh! Mstchw!
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by AbuMikey(m): 11:17am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by sammirano: 11:18am On Sep 24, 2013
why goodluck sit come go down now.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by TechyGuy: 11:19am On Sep 24, 2013
I have seized to bother about the comments of APC and Anti-GEJ's critics since there is nothing he does that will be seen as good.
More so, they do not want him to succeed. They wish he fails, so any move towards progress by GEJ, offends them.

What will surprise me is if the same APC goons start using the same standard for their APC/nPDP fellows.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by 50calibre(m): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2013
See our president, like a school boy given the privilege to shake the head master's hand.

Look at him smiling sheepishly, Obama should come fix Nigeria for you, while large scale looting is going on under your watch, even your wife is loose like a mad dog.

What an embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by kaeto(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2013
segun-obe:
So Obama is now the sub-president of Nigeria? At this point, it is crystal clear that our president has no business being in Aso rock. Imagine a democratically elected president of a sovereign nation begging another president to come fix his country . Oga jona,while you're begging for your "mess of porridge",remember the story of Esau. I can't imagine a south african or even a ghanaian president begging USA to come fix their country. Giant of Africa indeed!:-x
may you remain daft forever as you pretend not to understand that simple oratory of our dear president GEJ. Hypocrite! Everybody is feeling the impact of GEJ in many sectors like power, agriculture, transport, aviation, etc.
Re: Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell by Kezsman(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2013
Mr. President i want to appeal to U̶̲̥̅̊ to kindly do more in our Education section cos it ɪ̣̝̇Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ obvious here that less than 10 ppl in NL forum passed their English language as there ɪ̣̝̇Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ evidence that they don't know neither do they understand †ђξ meaning of ''you'' bt they claim they can rule Nigeria. I also want to use this opportunity to ask Y̶̲̥̅̊oμ̥r excellency to please contest for a second tenure S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ that this G̶̲̥̅d̶̲̥̅̊ work A̶̲̥̅®ε̲̣̣̣̥ doing will not be destroyed by this hungry retards clueless Tinuhari and their illiterate supporter in NL
God bless mr. President

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N4.7B Poll Cash: Three Mansions Traced To Fayose’s associate - EFCC / Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure / El-Rufai: Buhari Frustrated Fuel Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.