Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) (12160 Views)

Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell / Video: Jonathan, President Of Nigeria At The NYSE Closing Bell Ringing / President Jonathan To Ring NYSE Closing Bell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by JMOI: 9:49am On Sep 24, 2013
MEILYN: so ringing bell don turn to achievement? Mtcheeeeewwwww
Yes it is
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 24, 2013
I for follow go. Yeye people, see where they put me

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2013
Wow! This is a big achievement. Let's roll out drums for our C-in-C. undecided
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Wisdytech(m): 9:50am On Sep 24, 2013
EARTHLY FAME:
Is Nigeria on Top of Africa?
Cant the President Be Of help to Nigerian Student?
Cant we(Student) be happy(Boost) about our Educational Sector?
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by pembisco(m): 9:50am On Sep 24, 2013
Mtcheww! Americans nd their own style of geting our crude oyel or better still, signs of end time.
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by MEILYN(m): 9:53am On Sep 24, 2013
JMOI: Yes it is
neva knew.. cheesy cheesy
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Awoofawo(m): 9:57am On Sep 24, 2013
angry
our presido dey ring bell like primary school kids while better presido's dey discuss better things undecided weep for con3, jona don shame us finish... angry
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by BekeeBuAgbara: 10:00am On Sep 24, 2013
MEILYN: so ringing bell don turn to achievement? Mtcheeeeewwwww
This bell is different from your 'ota akara ' local school bell. People like Mandela, the Chinese president ring this type of bell.
FRESH AIR TILL 2019
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:01am On Sep 24, 2013
Nigeria is doomed. See youths celebrating the President for ringing a mere bell that was once rung by a dog.
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by dczieta: 10:05am On Sep 24, 2013
GEJ the Akpako master!!
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by sCun: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2013
Wisdytech: EARTHLY FAME:
Is Nigeria on Top of Africa?
Cant the President Be Of help to Nigerian Student?
Cant we(Student) be happy(Boost) about our Educational Sector?
hmm @ 'boast'. Blame the education sector for not getting simple spellings right.
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 24, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Nigeria is doomed. See youths celebrating the President for ringing a mere bell that was once rung by a dog.
smh.. your father has never rang a bell in his life Let alone see one

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by 50calibre(m): 10:10am On Sep 24, 2013
JMOI: I watched it live. He was so elegant and he did it so well. Jonathan till 2019!

Mugu! what has he done for you, has your standard of living improved?
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Davo93(m): 10:10am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by cap28: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2013
keep ringing that bell for your masters while 70% of your population lives below the poverty line, shame!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Pedagogue: 10:14am On Sep 24, 2013
I have said this before and i will repeat it here...

If you are searching for reasons why nothing is working in Nigeria, pls do not look any further...just type www.nairaland.com. You'll get the answer you need from the comments of educated youths.

It is very shameful and pathetic that supposed educated youths are celebrating that their President rang the closing bell at NYSE!!! Albeit everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, nevertheless,opinions expressed on sensitive issues can give one a glimpse about the level of societal understanding of governance.

If educated ppl display high level of ignorance about the essence of politics/governance, what can one expect from illiterates? I really believe Nigerians, especially the youths, need to be re-orientated.

Or how can one explain a situation where ppl can praise a President for ringing a bell,when under his watch:

1. The pump price of Petrol is now #97. It was #67 before he became President...Yet, nothing has changed.
2. We read about Boko Haram killings every week
3. Kidnapping is now a money spinner. Never in the history of Nigeria has there been more kidnap cases as we have now.
4. Insecurity is the order of the day. Under his watch, hitherto fortified places like UN building and Police force Hqtrs have been rubbished.
5. ASUU is still on strike....Yet, his followers keep shouting 'FRESH AIR'. Pls, what is fresh in the air when doctors have also been on strike on two occassions this year.
6. Nigeria has lost huge amounts of oil revenue because of oil thieves. Yet, GEJ's govt awarded billions of naira contract to Tompolo and other ex militants to guide oil installations. Can a lion be asked to protect a goat?
I CAN GO ON AND ON...

Rather than demand good governance from their President, many here think because GEJ rang the last bell at NYSE, he is the best President ever...What rubbish! And for those that think GEJ's trip to the US would attract FDI, i have a word for you-

Businessmen are businessmen. No matter how you cajole a businessman, he can never invest his money in an hostile country. If there's constant electricity,improved security and less corruption, no one will beg them to come!

#I love my country but hate the way many of us think.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by natureem: 10:16am On Sep 24, 2013
NYSE time prefect
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by wellmax(m): 10:43am On Sep 24, 2013
GEJ wanna break the bell ni? Shuu
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2013
God bless Nigeria, God bless President Goodluck jonathan, and all those that support his administration, including all his haters especially on NL

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 24, 2013
Nigerian president ringing nyse closing bell. hmmmmm..
Jesus Christ warned us of some strange things to happen in Revelations ooo.

On my way to church….rapture coming soon….

ett

grin grin grin grin grin OMG I've been infected with the ett virus

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by nkemKalu: 10:48am On Sep 24, 2013
AN IDLE MIND IS THE DEVILS WORKSHOP.......THE MAN NO GET WORK JOOOOR.....THAT IS WHY HIM GO DEY RING BELL. HIM BE CELESTIAL CHURCH PASTOR? ABI WHICH TIME OBAMA GO COME RING OUR OWN BELL FOR SAKA TINIMBU?
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 24, 2013
nkem Kalu: AN IDLE MIND IS THE DEVILS WORKSHOP.......THE MAN NO GET WORK JOOOOR.....THAT IS WHY HIM GO DEY RING BELL. HIM BE CELESTIAL CHURCH PASTOR? ABI WHICH TIME OBAMA GO COME RING OUR OWN BELL FOR SAKA TINIMBU?

Nna ma guy….. grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by BrightCar: 11:04am On Sep 24, 2013
Mr President, more grease to your elbow, the world recognizes your democratic and leadership qualities and achievements in the short time
you have spent as the ship pilot. What the Generals could not achieve, you have achieved and even surpassed them, there is still much more you have got to offer for this great country, Go on Mr. President, Go on GEJ, Go for 2015, The cap fits you wella. Haters hug the nearest transformer!
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by omenka(m): 11:07am On Sep 24, 2013
noblezone: This man is working so hard, toi bring investors to Nigeria.
Unfortunately, Nigeria is not a place where good efforts are valued.

Nigerians need a President that will share money!

You guys make me sick to my stomach. A guy that stole over a trillion naira to finance his election campaign is the kinda president nigeria needs shey??

Since you see an angel in the president, I pray you become to your family what the president has been to Nigeria. Can I hear you say amen?
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by onymodel(m): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2013
I SEE DANGOTE.......BEHIND
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by muzeze77: 11:40am On Sep 24, 2013
How many people are needed for clapping
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:53am On Sep 24, 2013
sheyie2007: smh.. your father has never rang a bell in his life Let alone see one
Musenduku.
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
Knowledge9000: I for follow go. Yeye people, see where they put me
See how relaxed he is. Nothing dey happen. He was but was acquitted.
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Melancholy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
nerodenero: This reminds me of Primary and Secondary school days when there is Time Keeper who rings the bell for break period and assembly. Jonaboy turn Time keeper prefect for NYSE grin grin grin
my brother i can imagine.This has now turn to record breaking in nigeria cos very soon this will be included in the current affairs for students to know including the time and date.LOL
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by alons: 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hmmm! u mean dat our presdo is nw akpako master?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Rejects FG’s Emergency Rule Option, Says Killings Worse In APC States / Court Invalidates Kwankwaso's Suspension From NNPP / States’ Financial Mess Is A Ticking Time Bomb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.