Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) (12159 Views)

Highlights Of President Jonathan's Meeting With Obama & NYSE Closing Bell / Video: Jonathan, President Of Nigeria At The NYSE Closing Bell Ringing / President Jonathan To Ring NYSE Closing Bell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Krisddon: 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
So merely ringing the opening or closing bell @ the NYSE is an honour to an African president? Is it not the same bell which a common regulator assigned to it rings as at when due? Or is it Obama that usually rings the bell? I am asking cos it is apparent that too much importance has been attached to this which i see as an insult instead of honour. The importance will be seen or felt if only Obama as the the US president is in charge of the bell but if it is regulated within the Stock Exchage Market or house, it is an insult to the person of Jonathan and Africa entirely. Instead, why not the head of Nigeria's stock exhange ring the said bell? Ok, may be i didn't get it. Somebody should explain pls.
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by nagoma(m): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
His greatest achievement so far. Can ring a bell.
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ojowanle: The President and Commander-in-Chief of Nigeria’s Armed Forces, Goodluck Jonathan had the honour of being the first Nigerian leader to ring the closing bell at the end of trading session at the New York Stock Exchange on Monday 23 September 2013.

Ministers who accompanied President Jonathan to the ceremony included Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Minister for Trade and Investment, Olusegun Aganga and the Minister for Petroleum Resources, Dieziani Alison Madueke. Also present at the ceremony was the Director General of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Arunma Oteh.

The President is currently in the United States to attend the 68th Session of the UN General Assembly.

During his visit he has met President Obama of the US and is also scheduled to meet with Hedge Fund managers to discuss possible U.S. and foreign investments in Nigeria’s power, petroleum and agriculture sectors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUTY4Mdv1ds

- See more at: http://www.urnaija.com/president-jonathan-rings-nyse-closing-bell-video/
....abeg as u ring bell 4 dere so come take style ring ASUU own o
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by solin: 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Congrats Mr President.
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by ShineuEye: 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
noblezone: This man is working so hard, toi bring investors to Nigeria.
Unfortunately, Nigeria is not a place where good efforts are valued.

Nigerians need a President that will share money!

Very true
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Omotolaaraujo(f): 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
Finally a job he can do. Bell ringer and gavel pounder!
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by nagoma(m): 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
He did the bell ringing so well. I hear that NYSE have decided to keep him. He will be the official bell ringer.

Jona accepts the Job but insists that he cannot stay without his domestic appendage. I hear they are looking out for a suitable job for her - a school where she will teach English.
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by whitecat007: 8:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
How much money was moved from the dining tables of poor Nigerians into Wall Street for this history making show of shame? And why are other world leaders not falling over themselves to ring this bell?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by MomohLawal: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
nerodenero: This reminds me of Primary and Secondary school days when there is Time Keeper who rings the bell for break period and assembly. Jonaboy turn Time keeper prefect for NYSE grin grin grin
Very fantastic. Keep the bell ringing my president till 2020.
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Shikini: 7:24am On Sep 21, 2023
Tribalism is Nigeria's biggest problem.

Same tribe that labelled GEJ as a bell boy are everywhere jubilating that Thiefnùbu rang the bell

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Treadway: 8:29am On Sep 21, 2023
Shikini:

Same tribe that labelled GEJ as a bell boy are everywhere jubilating that Thiefnùbu rang the bell
you couldn't have said it any better, bearing in mind that the NYSE is even the big one in this instance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Shikini: 10:19am On Sep 21, 2023
Shikini:

Yorubas are now suffering and smiling but can't talk because their brother is in power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by EmirofAfonjaz: 10:26am On Sep 21, 2023
Same tribe of worthless individuals...These are the idiots that protested at OJOTA for fuel price increase under Jonathan, but are dying via hunger induced by their worthless sponsor, called Tinubu. cheesy

Shikini:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by NzogbuNzogbu: 10:27am On Sep 21, 2023
seunmsg:
The president seem to be under the influence of sapele water. See the force with which he hit the gavel, he almost broke it. grin
Yoruba hypocrite

So gej was even the first and you now celebrate mediocre tinubu doing same

Can you compare the international economic gurus that accompanied gej to the failures that accompanied the 1k to $1 president

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Treadway: 11:38am On Sep 21, 2023
YouAreNobody:
NAIRALAND RESIDENT URCHINS:

lhordspy
FreeStuffsNG
Abdul05
drlateef
satan06
DevilAdvocate
I8Xtians
PandoraObi
heliues
omenkaLives
omenka
LeoDeKing
Ayamed
seunmsg
sarrki

TheChameleon
OsunOriginal
ATLIEN2027
Moh247
KingKO22
ItsTutsi
Zulum500
ASAPFERG
yarimo
JAMO84
JoshTim
TheNiceGuy
KingKO22
drlateef
Pakute
Adaisback
LegendHero
Banbutton
Thinkam
ipobarecriminals
Officialgarri
Cromagnon
BATified2023
Softmirror
ifihearam
Godispeace
SWATMan
Peepydelano
Madridguy
igbotormentor
Okealaaye
Mccullum
idealogical
Honourable1901
CoronaVirusRelo
Zulum500
Praktikals
undisputedKOC
burp18
Ireportlive
leokid866
assholemods
Pandev
brainpulse
GeneralPula
JAMO84
Obaofaba
idealogical
KingKO22
peepydelano
LordviccoDaGuru
Wickedfact
oyin44
Jones4190
harqinhola
Kewtt

The below quote clearly defines these retards:
“Many are destined to reason wrongly, others not to reason at all and some to persecute those who do reason" - Voltaire
loud eet..for a wider coverage..
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Glock22: 12:42pm On Sep 21, 2023
I wonder how many people on this thread have passed on due to buhari and Tinubu hunger.
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Nonny95: 12:59pm On Sep 21, 2023
😂😂
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Prince111111: 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2023
Shikini:

Yorubas are now suffering and smiling but can't talk because their brother is in power
my brother I be Yoruba...Tifnubu na yeye man wey God will remove by force if he continues this way
Re: President Jonathan Rings NYSE Closing Bell (video) by Shikini: 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
Yoruba hypocrite

So gej was even the first and you now celebrate mediocre tinubu doing same

Can you compare the international economic gurus that accompanied gej to the failures that accompanied the 1k to $1 president

I dey tell you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Politicise Benue, Taraba Killing - Governor Ortom Says / Peter Obi Donates ₦‎10 Million To FOMWAN (Video, Pictures) / Anambra Rejects FG’s Emergency Rule Option, Says Killings Worse In APC States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.