Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,075 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You (6385 Views)

Amazing! Woman's Whose Massive Baby Bump Stunned Many Delivers Twins (photos ) / 5 Reasons Why Your Girlfriend’s Dad Hates You / How To Find Out If He Is Emotionally Attracted To You Or He Hates You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
Most of these comments are towards the women but i guess cos its more common. So i take it men do not suffer as much as the woman when they are disliked by her family?
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Popowaa: 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
Most of these comments are towards the women but i guess cos its more common. So i take it men do not suffer as much as the woman when they are disliked by her family?
Men dont suffer much unless they are not wealthy,cos with that one he will go through hell as the family of the woman and th woman herself will kill the woman with disrespect,but if the man is wealthy i tell ya no one will hate him even if he looks like a chimpazee
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
Popowaa: Men dont suffer much unless they are not wealthy,cos with that one he will go through hell as the family of the woman and th woman herself will kill the woman with disrespect,but if the man is wealthy i tell ya no one will hate him even if he looks like a chimpazee
This is very true. It's always us women who get the short end of the stick.
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
To an extent, yes, when you marry a man you do marry his family. In Nigeria especially, the family will be involved in your lives somehow. But it also depends on how close the person is to their family. I would want to marry someone who has a healthy r/ship with his family, but I would definitely want us to have our own lives away from them for sure. I definitely would not marry a man whose family hates me. The only way I would marry him is if his love for me overrides that hate and I'm certain he will always stand by me. Other than that, NO abeg.
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Popowaa: 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
This is very true. It's always us women who get the short end of the stick.
that's the factwink
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
The lady is often at the receiving end. Incase of the guy, once the guy is rich the family wil like him automatically. It happend in my family. My dad was always opposed to my anty marrying a particular guy, i remember my mum always telling my dad to leave the 2 of them alone to marry each other. Fortunately, my anty got pregnant, and both of them stucked to together. My dear, today God has heavily blessed the guy, the last time i needed accomodation, i had to stay with them, and i rili enjoyed my stay. Just recently, my mum was telling my dad that you were oppossed to both of them getting married,but now you sent your son to live with them. Such is life.
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
anyaekekehinde:
The lady is often at the receiving end. Incase of the guy, once the guy is rich the family wil like him automatically. It happend in my family. My dad was always opposed to my anty marrying a particular guy, i remember my mum always telling my dad to leave the 2 of them alone to marry each other. Fortunately, my anty got pregnant, and both of them stucked to together. My dear, today God has heavily blessed the guy, the last time i needed accomodation, i had to stay with them, and i rili enjoyed my stay. Just recently, my mum was telling my dad that you were oppossed to both of them getting married,but now you sent your son to live with them. Such is life.
This is so true. Money talks, but can't the same thing be said if the lady has money? I'm sure the parents of the groom would be more accepting if she is rich.
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Popowaa: 11:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
This is so true. Money talks, but can't the same thing be said if the lady has money? I'm sure the parents of the groom would be more accepting if she is rich.
That is if the groom's family are not rich.But u knw the man's family alwz fin silly things to make life unbearable for the woman even if she is rich,but it might not be extreme like a woman who is from an extremely poor family.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
Mother-in-laws are terrible in africa, i thank God because of my mum, because i know she can never have problem with her inlaws going by her unique nature. She believes so much in independence. Aaah, the gal being rich is even a bigger obstacle. Because the mother-in-law wil feel more intimidated. Wealthy ladies are turn off for most african inlaws,except for gold diggers or inlaws with exceptionally good heart which are very rare.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 24, 2013
Of course id still marry her because its not up to the family to decide who you fall in love with unless you live in a country that has that requirement.

As long as you love one another, that's all that matters, the family can give their opinion but its your life and you make the final decision.

I'll share a short story, my parents family's didn't agree with them getting married on both sides my dads and my moms but they didn't care, they got married anyways and their families just had to deal with it.
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by ARareGem(f): 11:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
My late mum didn't get along with my grandmother, no matter how she tried. It was my dad who didn't give a hoot. He constantly quarrelled with his mother about her reluctance to accept his wife. This was one of the things that led to my mother's death. And so I advise ladies to MARRY their husbands and no one else, but still pray for a caring mother-inlaw. Life would be more easier if y'all got along nicely.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
ARareGem: My late mum didn't get along with my grandmother, no matter how she tried. It was my dad who didn't give a hoot. He constantly quarrelled with his mother about her reluctance to accept his wife. This was one of the things that led to my mother's death. And so I advise ladies to MARRY their husbands and no one else, but still pray for a caring mother-inlaw. Life would be more easier if y'all got along nicely.
Am sorry about your mother.
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Popowaa: 11:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
ARareGem: My late mum didn't get along with my grandmother, no matter how she tried. It was my dad who didn't give a hoot. He constantly quarrelled with his mother about her reluctance to accept his wife. This was one of the things that led to my mother's death. And so I advise ladies to MARRY their husbands and no one else, but still pray for a caring mother-inlaw. Life would be more easier if y'all got along nicely.
Sorry sweets,but ur father constant quarrelling with his mother will make her hate ur mother more thinking she has turned ur father's heart away from her and i imagine hw many times ur mother's heart might have been broken knowing perfectly well ur grandmother didnt like her.My mother also had a similar experience just that my grandmother wasnt talking to her at all and my maternal grandfather also hated my fathered cos my mother refused the man he chose for her.I dont want to experience that at all cos it's not cool.Our father never allowed us to go close o our grandfather.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 25, 2013
Yes I could. Families disapprove for a lot of reasons: ethnicity, religion, career or lack there of, social status, wealth status...among other things. These are the things that shouldn't matter to them because they aren't the ones going to be living with me and him are they? When you marry someone, you gain a new family (your spouse) and that's the one you LIVE with for the rest of your life. Your spouse is also the one for you when the rest of your family dies.

Although, I must add family is important so I can definitely understand them not approving if I were like a psychopath, had a terrible criminal past, or a real danger in general to which my significant other were oblivious. But I'm not any of those things so I don't care if my spouse's family hates me. Their loss.
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by chineloSA(f): 1:03am On Sep 25, 2013
No, CAPITAL "NO" Blood is thicker than water.
He will one day get tired of being torn apart and having to choose between his blood and you.
sad sad
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Trac: 3:28am On Sep 25, 2013
I don't think it is worth the tension. There are many other potential spouses out there. You can't separate a significant-other from his/her family. Doesn't this bring tension within the extended family? There are also reasons why the opinions of family members can be tossed to the "birds."
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by Nobody: 4:34am On Sep 25, 2013
Wu Zetian: To answer your question, absolutely positive!

I'm good @ faking my feelings, it's going to be hard for anybody not to get along with me if I want to get along with them.

It's not going to be easy but if you can turn deaf ears to bullsh1t and ensure that their influence in your marriage is zero, go ahead. You just need to regulate the relationship between the two families.

Yeah.. basically this... cos at the end of the day the relationship is between man and wife... not the whole family wink
Re: Would You Marry A Man/Woman Whose Family Hates You by ARareGem(f): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2013
Sexily Endowed: Am sorry about your mother.

Thanks. smiley

Popowaa: Sorry sweets,but ur father constant quarrelling with his mother will make her hate ur mother more thinking she has turned ur father's heart away from her and i imagine hw many times ur mother's heart might have been broken knowing perfectly well ur grandmother didnt like her. My mother also had a similar experience just that my grandmother wasnt talking to her at all and my maternal grandfather also hated my fathered cos my mother refused the man he chose for her.I dont want to experience that at all cos it's not cool.Our father never allowed us to go close o our grandfather.

True about bolded. But that's life, eih? smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sexual Mistakes Women Make In Bed, Nigerian Man Give Sexology Lectures. PHOTOS / "After I Lost My Job, My Wife Left Me, 6 Months Later I Was Offered N15 Million" / One Night Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.