Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List (1994 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Lagos Tops Nigeria's Most Indepted States (see Full List) / Lagos Tops IGR Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Perkins007: 7:25am On Sep 25, 2013
Just too much
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Badosqi(m): 7:31am On Sep 25, 2013
OMG...Osun $62m how wil they cope
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by dridowu: 8:02am On Sep 25, 2013
Lagos debt may be the highest but still yet its economy is among the best 3 in Nigeria. So again how did source arrive at its calculation.
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 25, 2013
Another silly, ignorant thread created by an economic illiterate.
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by WildChild00(m): 8:35am On Sep 25, 2013
dridowu: Lagos debt may be the highest but still yet its economy is among the best 3 in Nigeria. So again how did source arrive at its calculation.

Its economy is among the best in Nigeria, so u said, Lagos state government is trying in some local govenment area and at thesame time neglecting some other part, places like Ikoyi, Lekki, Surulere, Ikeja, etc are top of the class, while some other places like Ojo "Ojor palace way, Mushin, Aj city etc are undeveloped or are they no longer part of Lagos State? The monies should be used equally for the totality of the state @ large and not on one location only.
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by Delafruita(m): 9:26am On Sep 25, 2013
WildChild00:

Its economy is among the best in Nigeria, so u said, Lagos state government is trying in some local govenment area and at thesame time neglecting some other part, places like Ikoyi, Lekki, Surulere, Ikeja, etc are top of the class, while some other places like Ojo "Ojor palace way, Mushin, Aj city etc are undeveloped or are they no longer part of Lagos State? The monies should be used equally for the totality of the state @ large and not on one location only.
where exactly is ojo palace way?if you meant to say Ojo,then you must be very ignorant because i live in ojo and i can count at least 15 roads alone that have been done by the fashola administration and thats just roads.

do you even know where mushin is or how large it is?how does anyone even start to say mushin has been neglected by the lagos state government?

ajegunle is a large place of which a part of it is a slum which has defied all attempts to be remodelled and mind you,it wasnt the only slum in lagos and many others have been remodelled and are now wearing a good look.besides,the government has put in place some much needed amenities to serve the slum residents pending when wholesale modification can be done.
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by dridowu: 10:11am On Sep 25, 2013
WildChild00:

my bro i undastand u frm A-Z, truly d govt is neglecting some area atleat i can say for ago-palace (not ojor-palace way )way cos dat is where my workplace is
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by geeez: 10:15am On Sep 25, 2013

Lagos owes 22.8 times more than Anambra but has an IGR that is 25 times more than Anambra and you're telling me that Lagos is more leveraged than Amambra?

Get a life
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by omar22(m): 10:16am On Sep 25, 2013
lanre_front:

what the are you talking about? Any state on Nigeria can be crippled with a debt of over 600 million dollars. But the real question is this: what the Lagos state did with that huge amount of money? We are talking about N97 760 000 000. I don't think it's commensurate with the amount of development in the state.

REALLY?
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by WildChild00(m): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2013
Delafruita: where exactly is ojo palace way?if you meant to say Ojo,then you must be very ignorant because i live in ojo and i can count at least 15 roads alone that have been done by the fashola administration and thats just roads.

do you even know where mushin is or how large it is?how does anyone even start to say mushin has been neglected by the lagos state government?

ajegunle is a large place of which a part of it is a slum which has defied all attempts to be remodelled and mind you,it wasnt the only slum in lagos and many others have been remodelled and are now wearing a good look.besides,the government has put in place some much needed amenities to serve the slum residents pending when wholesale modification can be done.

Gentleman, nobody is disputing the fact the Lagos State Government is not working, absolutely they're working, wat really prompted this issue is the large amount that has been borrowed by the Fashola's administration, which has been used to facilaitate social development across the state, BUT some place where highly constraighted on, like I rightly made measured off, in my initial post, I meant to say Lasu Iba road, I live in Navy town and I drive pass that road on a daily basics, others are Egan, near Igando, Alimosho local government area, Ajao Estate road off MM international air port road, Berger, Iyana-Ipaja, Egbada and Ikotun, or are these people frm this region not tax payers as well as their counter-parts in Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Lekki, Surulere etc

The irony is that the sanctimonious/resources of Lagos State should be distributed evenly for the generosity of its populace.
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by WildChild00(m): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2013
dridowu: my bro i undastand u frm A-Z, truly d govt is neglecting some area atleat i can say for ago-palace (not ojor-palace way )way cos dat is where my workplace is

Thank you for the correction, Thats wat I am saying.
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by amarilo: 10:22am On Sep 25, 2013
geeez:
Lagos owes 22.8 times more than Anambra but has an IGR that is 25 times more than Anambra and you're telling me that Lagos is more leveraged than Amambra?

Get a life
who is telling you pls.?
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by gratiaeo(m): 10:25am On Sep 25, 2013
geeez:

Get a life
Stop compelling Lagos with Anambra state
Re: Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List by omar22(m): 10:25am On Sep 25, 2013
WildChild00:

Gentleman, nobody is disputing the fact the Lagos State Government is not working, absolutely they're working, wat really prompted this issue is the large amount that has been borrowed by the Fashola's administration, which has been used to facilaitate social development across the state, BUT some place where highly constraighted on, like I rightly made measured off, in my initial post, I meant to say Lasu Iba road, I live in Navy town and I drive pass that road on a daily basics, others are Egan, near Igando, Alimosho local government area, Ajao Estate road off MM international air port road, Berger, Iyana-Ipaja, Egbada and Ikotun, or are these people frm this region not tax payers as well as their counter-parts in Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Lekki, Surulere etc

The irony is that the sanctimonious/resources of Lagos State should be distributed evenly for the generosity of its populace.

Look I understand your point but in a perfect world it doesnt go like that.

Look East London was a dump until they threw the Olympic money at it now its a new city, someone hands you £600m in loan for new infrastructure , you have to look at the best way to generate a return on the investment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Media Briefing By Army Public Relations 20/01/2015: Buhari Vindicated / Ahmed Lawan Faction Elevated Buhari Above The Rule Of Law / 11 OOU Students Died In Motor Accident.warning: Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.