Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,299 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (255153 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
nouveaux:
oh, a fresher? Nice attitude.
My school and some other schools. System varies. Ours is mostly sessional.
Good morning all.
Im so bringing some questions some, you all should get ready.
Meanwhile, our lecture time table is out and oh my, I had panick attack seeing it, buh its well jor.
ur school runs Pharm. D?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 20, 2013
Samgreguc:
ur school runs Pharm. D?
not yet
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 20, 2013
With what is happening in Nigeria, I don't think I would want to work as a hospital rxist.
Community is good enough. What do you think?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:39am On Dec 20, 2013
nouveaux: With what is happening in Nigeria, I don't think I would want to work as a hospital rxist.
If pharm. D programm is refused to be recognize, I don't think the hospital will see me. . . . . Unless, if God makes it mandatory 4 me.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
nouveaux: With what is happening in Nigeria, I don't think I would want to work as a hospital rxist.

What is happening in Nigeria?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by flexshop(m): 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
honestly, the pedestal that hospital pharmacists have been placed on is disheartening coupled with the treatment metted out on them in various hospitals. This makes hospital practice a no go area for some. Although its quite a wonderful job, we also shouldn't shy away from the fact that the aim of our profession is to render service to humanity irrespective of the work environment.I believe this because pharmacists still work in warzones. So let's all be encouraged to aim at working as hospital pharmacists and maybe one day, the lot of hospital pharmacists would improve.

Note: Pharmacists and aspiring pharmacists can join this channel on bbm for information and news: C00124FF8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
Good good good... TommyBob we wait 4 ur questions.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
hahaha.... watz d diff btw community pharmacy nd hospital pharmacy .... NB.. i dnt want to go through Google
adeola_drg: Good good good... TommyBob we wait 4 ur questions.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:19am On Dec 21, 2013
Tommybob: hahaha.... watz d diff btw community pharmacy nd hospital pharmacy .... NB.. i dnt want to go through Google
funniest thing, you might not be taught in class maybe until the 4th year. I so much dislike the way the curriculum is.
Do you know that even at year two, some of my colleques dont know the basics things, I mean know what pharmacy is really.
Not their fault, its the fault of the syllabus. We just come to classs and the next thing, they start taking us thru series of advanced sciences. There should be a course named Intro. to Pharmacy, even if it goin to be 1unit.

To your questions, I will just give examples.
The pharmacists yoou see in Hospitals are Hospital rxs and the rxists(not chemists) u see in the streets are the community rxists.
U are under a doctor in Hospital settns nd alone, on yyour own, in community settings!
Also latter has the potentials of making 'dangerous' amount of money! I mean Kudi, or Ego or Owo(r:m). Hehehe. Hope I tried
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 6:43am On Dec 21, 2013
nouveaux:
funniest thing, you might not be taught in class maybe until the 4th year. I so much dislike the way the curriculum is.
Do you know that even at year two, some of my colleques dont know the basics things, I mean know what pharmacy is really.
Not their fault, its the fault of the syllabus. We just come to classs and the next thing, they start taking us thru series of advanced sciences. There should be a course named Intro. to Pharmacy, even if it goin to be 1unit.

The pharmacists yoou see in Hospitals are Hospital rxs and the rxists(not chemists) u see in the streets are the community rxists.
U are under a doctor in Hospital settns nd alone, on yyour own, in community settings!
Also latter has the potentials of making 'dangerous' amount of money! I mean Kudi, or Ego or Owo(r:m). Hehehe. Hope I tried

We have an 'intro to pharmacy' course in my school at 200L. I wrote the exam b4 ASUU strike. Different schools and their curriculum. I met 2 200L girls from UI(tolu and Tosin, busayo too) and I found dey had a diff curriculum.

The diff btw hospital pharmacy and community pharmacy is not that much of a problem. Unlike hospital Pharmacy vs clinical pharmacy.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 7:02am On Dec 21, 2013
Hospital Pharmacy has less customer issues to deal with rather they av a lot of compounding issues, accuracy, medication management, drug interactions, regimen safety issues esp the IVs. Patients compliance too. The only professional function that overlaps them is that of dispensing and counseling and access to patients medication history.

Here community pharmacists av to worry bout customer satisfaction, accuracy and timing of drugs dispensed and customer related stuffs not negating the ambulatory part. Where I'm going is this.
WHO has put a lot of drugs under the GSL list. Drugs like postinor for example. U don't need to see a doctor b4 u take them, tho that doesn't make it an OTC. U av to see a pharmacist b4 using them. I presume that this GSL list is even wider than the POM list, lotta antibiotics are there.. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Homguy(m): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2013
a short stint as a sales rep followed by community Rxy practice is quite better than that boring, "routinic", hospital pharmacy prac.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Homguy(m): 7:57am On Dec 21, 2013
nouveaux:
Aint you an OAU lady and not a dude?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:17am On Dec 21, 2013
adeola_drg:

We have an 'intro to pharmacy' course in my school at 200L. I wrote the exam b4 ASUU strike. Different schools and their curriculum. I met 2 200L girls from UI(tolu and Tosin, busayo too) and I found dey had a diff curriculum.

The diff btw hospital pharmacy and community pharmacy is not that much of a problem. Unlike hospital Pharmacy vs clinical pharmacy.
wot is the difference between those two please?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
Boss mi
nouveaux:

wa gbayi..... Tnx a lot..... Buh cnt we operate both together??
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
Samgreguc: wot is the difference between those two please?
im eager to know also
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
Homguy: Aint you an OAU lady and not a dude?
im duder than dudu-osun soap cheesy
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2013
Are u sure ur in year2? U dish out info like sumone higher than dat level. Kudos!
My schl offers the course not, imagine, our first lecture in pxcy schl was on Calculations, errors nd measuremnts. Smh
adeola_drg: Hospital Pharmacy has less customer issues to deal with rather they av a lot of compounding issues, accuracy, medication management, drug interactions, regimen safety issues esp the IVs. Patients compliance too. The only professional function that overlaps them is that of dispensing and counseling and access to patients medication history.

Here community pharmacists av to worry bout customer satisfaction, accuracy and timing of drugs dispensed and customer related stuffs not negating the ambulatory part. Where I'm going is this.
WHO has put a lot of drugs under the GSL list. Drugs like postinor for example. U don't need to see a doctor b4 u take them, tho that doesn't make it an OTC. U av to see a pharmacist b4 using them. I presume that this GSL list is even wider than the POM list, lotta antibiotics are there.. Cheers
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2013
Tommybob: Boss mi wa gbayi..... Tnx a lot..... Buh cnt we operate both together??
you welcome. I dnt tnk its allowd by law
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by stefikal(f): 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
My thoughts exactly!

nouveaux: Are u sure ur in year2? U dish out info like sumone higher than dat level. Kudos!
My schl offers the course not, imagine, our first lecture in pxcy schl was on Calculations, errors nd measuremnts. Smh
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by stefikal(f): 1:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
nouveaux:
im duder than dudu-osun soap cheesy

lwkmdgrin
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Wow! Yu noticed that too ...
nouveaux: Are u sure ur in year2? U dish out info like sumone higher than dat level. Kudos!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
Humm...
nouveaux:
you welcome. I dnt tnk its allowd by law
kk bro
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
stefikal:

lwkmdgrin
grin
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2013

Haha, see whines.. I'm in year 2. Currently preparing for AnatPhyBch exam sef.. It is well..

It really doesn't matter buh matters too. Our first class was a pharmchem class.. Buh I think it depends on curriculum. Intro to pharmacy was under clinical pharmacy dept coupled with history (both Nigerian and Global) of pharmacy, herbal and alternative medicine et al.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
There is nafin that can describe you other than the Real "Efiwe"
adeola_drg:

Haha, see whines.. I'm in year 2. Currently preparing for AnatPhyBch exam sef.. It is well..

It really doesn't matter buh matters too. Our first class was a pharmchem class.. Buh I think it depends on curriculum. Intro to pharmacy was under clinical pharmacy dept coupled with history (both Nigerian and Global) of pharmacy, herbal and alternative medicine et al.
pls .... Is dia anyone that can help me with some yr 1 material.... Like help me to scan nd send to my mail.... Anyone?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
Samgreguc: wot is the difference between those two please?

Basically clinical pharmacy myt not yet be in progress here in naija unlike how it is in the western world.

Hospital pharmacists are the ones that work in the hospital for the purpose of compounding, dispensing, counselling et al. There's something pharmacists call MTM in the UK. Medication therapy management, u myt want to Google that.

Clinical pharmacists undergo residency programs(in les say HIV/AIDS or oncology) in the hospital for a number of years. What I'm not sure of is if this residency program qualifies him as a consultant or he has to undergo another program to be a consultant.

Both go for ward rounds buh one has a deeper knowledge than the other. If only we could practice clinical pharmacy the way they do abroad, the doctors would know their places and quietly sit there. We av the court case to train clinical pharmacists by WAPCP in our favour already tho. Let's pray for Pharm Akintayo and the newly inaugurated PCN as they do their best. Long live the pharmacy profession, Long live PSN, Long live PCN, Long live pansites, Long live my friends on this thread, Long live Nairaland. cheesy Cheers *drops mic*

4 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
Im learning. Nice one Mr Adeola. smiley
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
Tommybob: There is nafin that can describe you other than the Real "Efiwe" pls .... Is dia anyone that can help me with some yr 1 material.... Like help me to scan nd send to my mail.... Anyone?

Stopeet!! I'm just one of those students struggling for scores na, wah wee u say bout those first-class brains in my class..??
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
adeola_drg:

wish u gudluck in ur exams.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
adeola_drg:

Basically clinical pharmacy myt not yet be in progress here in naija unlike how it is in the western world.

Hospital pharmacists are the ones that work in the hospital for the purpose of compounding, dispensing, counselling et al. There's something pharmacists call MTM in the UK. Medication therapy management, u myt want to Google that.

Clinical pharmacists undergo residency programs(in les say HIV/AIDS or oncology) in the hospital for a number of years. What I'm not sure of is if this residency program qualifies him as a consultant or he has to undergo another program to be a consultant.

Both go for ward rounds buh one has a deeper knowledge than the other. If only we could practice clinical pharmacy the way they do abroad, the doctors would know their places and quietly sit there. We av the court case to train clinical pharmacists by WAPCP in our favour already tho. Let's pray for Pharm Akintayo and the newly inaugurated PCN as they do their best. Long live the pharmacy profession, Long live PSN, Long live PCN, Long live pansites, Long live my friends on this thread, Long live Nairaland. cheesy Cheers *drops mic*
wow! I feel much more and more delighted being a pharmacy student.

Long live PCN, long live PSN, long live PANSITE and long live PHARM. Students.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Breezy90(m): 9:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
The pharmacy profession is really evolving and am really confident that we will attain that height soon in this country...i see a bright future for we aspiring pharmacist...long live pcn long live psn long live pharmacy profession, long live pharm students.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.