Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (255377 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
Obinoscopy: Fellow Pharmacists and Pharmacy Students, please does anyone have the recent e-edition of Emdex? Mine is that of 2006 and I need the recent e-edition. Thanks. As men of honour....we join hands.

I really doubt there's an e-edition of any of the recent ones. In absence of that, my android fone fills the void. Sweet!!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Obinoscopy(m): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
adeola_drg:

I really doubt there's an e-edition of any of the recent ones. In absence of that, my android fone fills the void. Sweet!!
Which apps and how can I download them?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 12:24am On Jan 07, 2014
Go for epocrates, medscape, Micromedex, lexicomp, pharmacist's letter. Also try iTriage and WebMd. Drug dictionary and natural cure.

Of course from GooglePlay.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by aieromon(m): 1:50am On Jan 07, 2014
Obinoscopy: Which apps and how can I download them?

I suggest Medscape and RxDrugs
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 07, 2014
Huh
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Obinoscopy(m): 9:34am On Jan 07, 2014
adeola_drg: Go for epocrates, medscape, Micromedex, lexicomp, pharmacist's letter. Also try iTriage and WebMd. Drug dictionary and natural cure.

Of course from GooglePlay.
aieromon:
I suggest Medscape and RxDrugs
Thanks so much guys. I'm most grateful smiley.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bussyy1(m): 9:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
A new PSN office has just been opened beside my house in Abj.i guess dia p.site
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
BEEN written about sundry aspects of the health
care crisis -- the avaricious HMOs, the ill-
managed hospitals, the overeager drug companies,
the overburdened doctors, the legions of the
uninsured.
But little has been said about the ill-used foot
soldiers in the front lines of the battle, the people
who take abuse from all sides while accepting
minimal wages and terrible working conditions, the
only caregivers required to show their faces to the
angry, the vengeful, the infectious and the seriously
ill without benefit of any screening procedures at
all.
So let us think a kind thought for our nation's
pharmacists. Let us consider some of the things
that the workers behind the counters at drugstores
all over the land must hear daily.
"What do you mean it isn't covered? It was
covered last month! Why did you change the
policy? Well then, who did change the policy? Oh,
don't give me that -- I know you know; I want to
know why you won't tell me!"
"Well, you call my doctor up and get him to
approve it. Use his private number. I know they
give you his private number. I cannot come back
later; I am parked by a meter. Let me speak to
your boss. You are? You can't be more than 17!"
"Now, let me ask you something. It turns out I'm
not pregnant after all. Should I still take the green
pills? And what about the Echinacea? Someone
said that would be better for my urine problems.
And I'm taking 15 tablets of the St. John's Wort
just in case. Is that OK?"
"I don't need any of this junk. I am not going to
pay for it. I have never felt better. My doctor is
crazy. What? Of course I want the pills! They're
covered, aren't they? No more than $4 a bottle,
though. I'm watching you."
"Do you have this in a suppository? I can't swallow
pills."
AND SO FORTH. IT'S LIKE some boot camp for
customer-service people, where all the possible
nightmares line up to assault you while humans
with clipboards rate you for patience, intelligence,
efficiency and charm. Except it's real, and it does
not stop.
The pharmacist is blamed for the arbitrary and
ever- changing policies of the HMOs, for the
slothful or overworked doctors who forget to call in
their prescriptions, for the patients' own failures to
describe their symptoms or conditions or previous
drug histories.
Additionally, the pharmacist must cope with an
insane regulatory system that puts some drugs in
a "by prescription only" category and designates
other drugs -- often equally powerful -- as "over-
the-counter" medications or even "health food
supplements."
Plus, pharmacists are supposed to advise their
clients about drug interactions and
contraindications, often counseling people who
speak a language other than the one the
pharmacist speaks, while at the same time
absorbing the glares of all those who are waiting
for the callback, for the refill, for the ointment to be
squeezed into the smaller container.
AND, TO BE CANDID, pharmacists are mostly
dealing with cranky old people. They are cranky,
often, because they are sick. They are in pain.
They are slipping down toward the end of their
rope. The pharmacist is perceived as the
bureaucrat standing between them and renewed
vigor.
The trouble with pain and disease is that it creates
an inevitable narcissism -- "I am the only cranky
old person in the world." And that allows for acting
out. And that means, well, the pharmacist gets
another earful.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 09, 2014
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Gregdcutie(m): 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
Pharmacists in the house.... What would you recommend to treat spots
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by aieromon(m): 7:58am On Jan 10, 2014
Tommybob: Pls,,, anyone here who can help me with the link to the site, where i can download free e-txtbooks for 100lvl pharm courses.... Jst any plsssss

http://libgen.org/
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 10, 2014
wow
aieromon:

http://libgen.org/
.thanks a lot bro
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by caukerzee(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2014
Tommybob: Pls,,, anyone here who can help me with the link to the site, where i can download free e-txtbooks for 100lvl pharm courses.... Jst any plsssss
Tip: You don't really study pharmacy in 100lvl till you get to 200lvl. 100lvl is what we call pre-pharm (we call them pseudo-pharm actually grin) in my school where you offer natural science courses. Sort of like a qualification round. You should be looking for 100lvl natural sciences courses materials.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2014
oh yeah.... tnx
caukerzee: Tip: You don't really study pharmacy in 100lvl till you get to 200lvl. 100lvl is what we call pre-pharm (we call them pseudo-pharm actually grin) in my school where you offer natural science courses. Sort of like a qualification round. You should be looking for 100lvl natural sciences courses materials.
i got it before buh i felt like xprezin myslf with that actual word "pharmacy " tnx a lot

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
Guys i hope i'm welcomed here. I wanna ask a question, i'm a final year medical laboratory student, i was taught pharmacology and toxicology in my 300level, then clinical and analytical toxicology in my 500level chemical pathology specialty. Course content- pharmocology (pharmacotherapy, pharmacokinetics,pharmacodynamics, pharmacogenetics) toxicology( analgesic, heavy metal, trace metal, alcohol, different types of toxicosis) analytical toxicology(spot test, chromatography, aas, fes, fluorescent spectrophotometer, dialysis and other rapid stripe test)
So my question, can i further my education as a clinical toxicologist?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ampicillin: 2:51pm On Jun 27, 2014
Thanks @ all
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by OmolodMilkman93(m): 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2014
Pretty bad dat we have lost 6months of discussion,....
Wer is everybody? Adeoladrg, samgreguc, nouveaux, tolurx, stefikal, Hoyeenz, Obinoscopy, TommyBob,....... *d names plenty sha*
no vex if I no remember ur name
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ampicillin: 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
Guys pls come back and respond to my questions
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by stefikal(f): 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2014
OmolodMilkman93: Pretty bad dat we have lost 6months of discussion,....
Wer is everybody? Adeola_drg, samgreguc, nouveaux, tolurx, stefikal, Hoyeenz, Obinoscopy, TommyBob,....... *d names plenty sha*

It's sad embarassed cry
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2014
stefikal:

It's sad embarassed cry
grin... I'm here... some accounts vanished with the attack buh tnk God mine is still alive
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2014
This thread left my followed topics. Choi! Diaris God O!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by kumpharm(f): 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2014
FrancisTony: This thread left my followed topics. Choi! Diaris God O!

u av a mssg ..#onfb
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2014
kumpharm:

u av a mssg ..#onfb

Replied
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 9:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
I just cAmE bCk frm orita metA wjhere I went to swear for nairaland hacker nackedlY
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 28, 2014
Ampicillin: MEN of HONOUR, Please I need your candid advise.
I am 30 years old, a graduate of Chemistry from a respected institution in Nigeria. I have passion in Health field (Medical/Pharmaceuticals), I want to have a good drug knowledge and decided to study pharmacy through direct entry but I am afraid of what employment will look like in 5years time when I will be around 35. My parents are against it, talking about marriage and settling down. I want to resign from my employment and I am going to sponsor myself, I don't want to graduate as a pharmacist and be stranded or ask my parent for ANYTHING, they have tried for me I should begin to ''pay back'' at this age. Please advise me, IS PHARMACY REALLY WORTH IT, WHAT ABOUT MY AGE AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY. Is there a way of making money in school as a pharmacy student? My present employment pays 50k. I do not want to be a chemist or any of these roadside drug dealers (even though I am a chemistry graduate), infact I use to tell some of them that what they do is illegal, I feel a nudge each time I see people sell drugs inside the sun or molue (fake drugs with poor storage/transport condition)..... hmmm let God forgive me, I don't like seeing those people because they are killers. I have some cGMP knowledge because I did my SIWES in a pharmaceutical industry and I enjoyed it, I also like to attend to patients and counsel them especially on drugs. I want to be respected as a professional even if I am not making too much money at least let me be comfortable with my family as long as I impact lives and fulfil my purpose in life. I have made my O'level results (at one sitting, I wrote WAEC two times after my NYSC because the school does not accept two O'level results). Should I go ahead, what do you think the future holds for me in the industry? PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE
...hmm brother, you can port into medicinal chemistry if actually it's because you want to be involved with drug production. Truth be said, you are not young...but have clear career path or else your worst fear can turn into reality. For a pharmacists, there is good job prospects...but if it's all about making more money, there are more than many things you can yet do with that your chemistry...that won't only get you good pay, but also fulfilled

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by tolurx(m): 7:06am On Jun 28, 2014
glad to be back
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samgreguc(m): 8:42am On Jun 28, 2014
OmolodMilkman93: Pretty bad dat we have lost 6months of discussion,....
Wer is everybody? Adeoladrg, samgreguc, nouveaux, tolurx, stefikal, Hoyeenz, Obinoscopy, TommyBob,....... *d names plenty sha*
oga mi
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by adeoladrg(m): 12:37pm On Jun 28, 2014
s!s! afrika:
I just cAmE bCk frm orita metA wjhere I went to swear for nairaland hacker nackedlY

Haha.. Sisi of life..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisinaijayeye0: 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2014
s!s! afrika:

Make naija provide job for una youth o! You dey too jobless we go stil beat you and treat your fck up! Na me say that. I go meet you...
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sisiafrika(f): 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
Na so o @adeola
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by pxjosh(m): 5:22pm On Jun 28, 2014
good day pharmacists/pharmacy students; what is the best drug app that I can get on android platform?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.