Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) (5824 Views)

Nigeria Draw To Group F In Brazil 2014 / Nigeria In The World-cup Group F With Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina / Siasia Vows To Make Eagles Formidable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by hucarson(m): 4:35pm On Jun 12, 2006
@ Prisccy,
I just saw the Aussies sinking the Japanese with an emphatic win 3-1.
One thing i can assure u is Guus Hiddink(The Australian Manager) is an achiever.
He wont give up in that group without a fight. I know Brazil owns the #1 spot in that group but the 2nd position is up for grabs and i tip the Aussies to claim tha spot.
Tim Cahill was the star of the day despite his knee problems. He blew the Japanese apart with some deft touches and scored the most audacious goal yet scored by any debutant in Germany.

I just can't believe the impact the Premiership players are making in Germany.
The league has produced the highest number of players at the World Cup by miles.
Arsenal and Chelsea leads the table by supplying 16 players each to the world cup
Man Utd is 2nd with 13 players.(Scholes retired, Smith is crocked and Wes Brown cldn't make it because of one injury or the other).
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Priscila(f): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2006
Mukina2 lol!
I believe you. Your men have defeated my Jet li's but watch out against Brazil.
Cant you see the way this group is tough. Aussie has made history coming from 1-0 deficit to 3.

Substitute Tim Cahill scored in the 84th and 89th minutes Monday and John Aloisi got a goal in injury time as the Socceroos shocked Japan 3-1 their Group F opener. The Aussies didn't appear capable of even tying the game after falling behind in the first half.

Huc!
Its good to watch premiership and all those leagues. Am really enjoying my first to watch world cup because in evry team I can spot a serie A,Premiership,la liga,bundesliga, player etc.
HUc. you agree with me  this is the group of people with the people . Ok.
so tough
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by dblock(m): 5:20am On Jun 13, 2006
That hiddink guy is really an achiever if he can make Australia beat japan. Australia sucks
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by hucarson(m): 10:03am On Jun 13, 2006
U ain't seen anything yet.
Hiddink took Holland to the S/finals in France 98 and took South Korea to the S/finals in 2002.
He is a master-tactician and the Aussies might just be the surprise team of the world cup.
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Priscila(f): 10:24am On Jun 13, 2006
There comes Brazil to kick out the pigs.
Watch out!we’re all waiting to see Ronaldinho in action,

Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by mukina2: 11:27am On Jun 13, 2006
a amtch the croatisans vs the sambas hmmm prissy hope u wont cry oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by GUNNER(f): 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2006
Whats with these Japanese, they can't seem 2  hang on to any goal advantage  shocked

It was the same scenario in their friendly against Germany, last 20 mins they blew a 2-0 lead 

Kudos to the Socceroos for a great comeback, they never gave up  cool
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by kitaun(m): 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2006
brazil wont make it pass the quarter final this mundial,dinho or no dinho
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Priscila(f): 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2006
Mukina2!
that one I can bet with my life that Brazil are winning.

Kitaun! I dont get you what are you trying to say.
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by otokx(m): 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2006
brazil might not find it easy.
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Akolawole(m): 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2006
Is this a boxing game?

Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by GUNNER(f): 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2006
Kaka just scored for Brazil, brilliant goal kiss
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by toshmann(m): 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2006
1/2 time
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by toshmann(m): 9:06pm On Jun 13, 2006
2nd half
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by GUNNER(f): 9:46pm On Jun 13, 2006
whats dat fella doing on the pitch undecided

whatever happened to security shocked
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by GUNNER(f): 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2006
Brazil win, tho Croatia made em work 4 that victory

it certainly wasnt a stroll in the park for da Samba Boyz

Klasnic was very good,a constant thorn in that brazil defence

i doubt if Ronaldo was on the field, other than 1 shot blazed high and wide, didnt see much of him

Kaka was the best player for the brazilians tonite

and even though the Croats lost they can look forward to the next game with confidence

cuz they more than held their own against mighty Brazil
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Akolawole(m): 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2006

I am waiting for NightRider and other Brazil-drunk members to come and give their opinions now.

What did Andriano play?

What did Ronaldo play?
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by mochafella(m): 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2006
Akolawole:

I am waiting for NightRider and other Brazil-drunk members to come and give their opinions now.
grin grin grin grin

Ronaldo just dey waka like say dem thief him ice cream. He needs to have his ass glued permanently to the bench. I say let Robinho start the next two matches and bring Ronaldo on as an 85th minute sub, when the match is won.

Did anyone notice that Cafu was beaten multiple times down the right-flank. Brazil's weakness remains those museum pieces they have at Left and Right back.

What bothers me is despite the poor performance they still won, and looked like they had extra left. This team will be ridiculous if they fire on all cylinders.
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 14, 2006
Am i he only one who thinks Ronaldo is not fit to put on the green and gold shirt ever again? He was totally appaling tonight!
Adriano as a Brazillian striker? What was Parreira thinking?

Let us have Robinho start next game, replace Adriano with Juninho and watch sparks fly! Let Ronaldo sit on the bench and come in after 88 mins.
Brazil are extremely lucky to have Kaka and Ronaldinho, dinho was closely marked by at least 4 defenders tonight which left Kaka with plenty of room to run the Croatian defence. Emerson and Ze Roberto are excellent in the heart of Brazil's midfield.
Carlos and Cafu, good but ageing, they need replacements after this world cup.
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Akolawole(m): 12:49am On Jun 14, 2006
@Davidylan

You've analysed Brazil, what did Croatia do?
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Nobody: 12:51am On Jun 14, 2006
Croatia, average team. Good in defence and midfield but very little purpose going forward. May likely go beyond the second round.
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by bolaoni(m): 11:15am On Jun 14, 2006
Why did we all think the Croats will be push overs?

Their records speak volume and they showed it yesterday. They were unlucky not to have scored yesterday but they were playing against no one else than Brazil.

If Brazil will win this cup, they must sweat for their victory and I believe they have started with yesterday.

3 points in the kitty and they are matching on!
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by mukina2: 11:50am On Jun 14, 2006
wow brazil brazil wat exactly were they playin,,where was the bigg names? sorry oh i wish to see them against the aussies, it wud be some match
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Priscila(f): 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2006
@ Nairalanders!
Oh! Oh! Am disappointed in each one of you.
How can you all be fooled by Croatia? These Mongoloids came in the pitch with a mind resigned to their losing fate only to discover Brasil were not up for the task.
Who is that praising them here? I did not see anything tactical or technical about them-just spoilers.
Have you ever known of Orangutans refusing to eat Bananas that was the case with Brazil in that match.
Now people are drunk and injectying themselves with bad stuff cos of that.
Na wa o for you all Brazil haters. we are unshakeable

A reminder to everyone that Winning is not optional on Brazil its a duty
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2006
mukina2:

wow brazil brazil what exactly were they playin,,where was the bigg names? sorry oh i wish to see them against the aussies, it would be some match
Yeah that will be some match i agree. The likes of Tim Cahill won't get props for putting free balls into an empty net and claiming to be a hero because there just won't be that much space in the Brazil defence. Besides, the Aussies are due for some football lessons! Methinks 3 unreplied goals should do the trick.
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by mukina2: 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2006
@ Prissy check this out

Australia's coaching staff is sifting through the video of Brazil's win over Croatia to find a way of smoothing the team's path to the second round at the World Cup.

The Australian players were given Wednesday off training to freshen up ahead of their monumental challenge with the five-time champions in Munich on Sunday, knowing that they face a further huge test against Croatia four days later in Stuttgart
Observers could not but feel daunted by the challenge that awaits Guus Hiddink's team as they watched AC Milan star Kaka produce a moment of magic to score Brazil's winner over the unlucky Croatians in Berlin on Tuesday.
Australia gave their hopes of reaching the knockout phase a massive boost with three goals in the final eight minutes to overrun Japan 3-1 in Kaiserslautern last Monday, but it gets distinctly tougher from here.

It looks a mis-match with the top-ranked Brazilians up against the 42nd-rated Aussies as the South Americans look to extend their record running streak in World Cup matches to nine.

But the Australians can take heart that they've beaten Brazil 1-0 in the 2001 Confderations Cup in Korea and had a scoreless draw with them in the 1997 Confederations Cup in Riyadh, a week before being walloped 6-0 in the final.

"We've got to get mentally and tactically prepared against Brazil, we've got nothing to lose," Australian assistant coach Graham Arnold said Wednesday.

"We shocked the football world with that win over Japan, especially in the way we finished the game, so Brazil will be looking over their shoulder at us.

"A lot of people don't give our guys credit. We've got a Cup final football side who fight for 90 minutes and leave nothing in the tank and we've got good athletes in the side and anything's possible."

Hiddink, whose daring all-out attack sunk Japan, sees the Munich showpiece as a wonderful opportunity to match tactical wits with Brazilian counterpart Carlos Parreira, who is out to become only the second coach to win the World Cup twice.

The master Dutchman, who took Holland and South Korea to the semi-finals of the last two World Cups, believes if Australia can stick to the courage of their convictions they could even match it with the brilliant Brazilians.

"If we stick to our hearts (Australia can do well)," he said.

"They want to have the fight, they want to have the struggle, they want to go for it.

"My players respect the Brazilian players a lot and also their way of playing, but this is not a team which is easily intimidated.

"We like to make a big game of this. You know they have their advantage of experience and quality, but playing against Australia won't be easy."

And the Australian players are in tune with Hiddink's thinking.

"Brazil is just 11 men, we're going out there and play to how we're capable of playing and if we can do that anything can happen," Liverpool star Harry Kewell said.

"They are a great team and great individuals, but we've got great players in our squad now so it's going to be an interesting match."

Alaves striker John Aloisi, who scored the third goal after coming on for the last 15 minutes against Japan, said the pressure was on Brazil and not Australia.

"It's not so desperate for us now against Brazil, but we want to do our best and get something out of the game," Aloisi said.

"We have nothing to lose out of the game, Brazil have got everything to lose, they're favourites, they want to beat everyone, so they want to show they are the best in the world and we want to show that we deserve to be at this level.

"To get through to the next round we still need a few more points and hopefully we can pick up something against Brazil."
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Priscila(f): 9:55am On Jun 15, 2006
Mukina2 Queen!
Dont worry about Brazil with Aussies who will be shown their match.
I cant compare the two. Aussie what?
It was Croatia football which was of low standards that the stars failed to deliver.

There is a subject Akolawole posted saying the Brazilians were allowed sex during World cup. I arguably detested the idea and I think thats why Ronaldo was a walking elephant, Dinho falling anyhow, Kaka out of place,Adriano was absent and Roberto Carlos together with Cafu-age is out of them.

I wish they bring in Gilberto Silva as a young defender
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by mukina2: 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2006
ah Prissy just wait we shall see grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Grizzly(m): 2:57pm On Jun 15, 2006
My heart is with Guus Hiddink
With the Australians,
I want them to qualify along side Brazil, cool
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by Priscila(f): 10:26am On Jun 16, 2006
Bagoma! Where are you?
I hand over duties to you baby girl.
The brilliant Australia has just rattled Brazil with their win and they should expect a good hiding.
Yeah. Brazil was far from what we expected in the eyes of fanaticals since that match against Croatia was to be a walk over, that was an acid test for my gallant boys being the top dogs.
Dida is such a good goalie with vast experience. Which club is he in?
Lucio played his heart out in central defence with evergreen Cafu although his crosses were begging.
It was due to Renaldo’s indifferent performance which had no neither speed nor agility.
Guys! Understand the striker is battling with weight problems the reason he lost touch.
But they remain the tournaments “DARK HORSE”.
Even Parreira is happy with the clumsy performance
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by GUNNER(f): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2006
@priscila

i believe Dida plays 4 AC Milan grin

meanwhile i hope the aussies give a good account of themselves against the Samba Guys

should be a good match, tho i read that Gus Hiddink wants 2 rest some major players

so as to concentrate on beating the Croats!
Re: The Formidable Group F in Germany-(all Salute!) by under18(f): 12:26pm On Jun 16, 2006
WE actually have sports analyst here.
I enjoy reading each and every word.
keep up guys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023 AFCON: Peseiro To Submit Super Eagles Provisional List December 14 / Joseph Yobo Says Only Teamwork Can Stop Messi / Oshiomhole Registers For 10km Okpekpe Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.