Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage (1284 Views)

Guys, Will You Still Continue The Marriage After You Discover She Did This? / My Fiancee Forget Things Easily, Should I Go On With The Marriage? / Average Num Of Guys A Lady Shld Av Slept With B4 Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by silver25(f): 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2013
I am in my 400level entering final year by janurary 2014 and then I got proposed to my finance. Who came for formal introduction which resulted in letting my church to know about it and now the church is saying that I must enter my Finals before that consent wil be given to me and now my finance is in hast to do my traditional marriage before this december please what should I do before I loose him because he is worried?and am confused
Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by Popowaa: 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
All this churches sef.If u scared of loosing him then think of court wedding
Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by jumbotron: 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
Scared of loosing him?? OP, please erase this thought from your head. Loose him becauseeeeeee? I tire with naija ladies. If she is in school, she is in her early 20s or there about. Why should she be scared of loosing a guy due to wanting to do the best for her (which in turn will benefit him).

*Sigh* Young lady, finish school if you can please. Has he finished school? Why can't he wait for you. If he can, please go ahead and finish. You love each other right?? No rush. Finish school please and be a valuable contributor to your new family. If he threatens to leave, then you know if a baby is delayed...he will threaten to leave or seek other options. It will always be my way now and fast (that is if he is rushing you o, let me not be presumptuous). He should be patient and so should you.

1 Like

Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by ednut1(m): 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
smh, where is it stated in d bible dat u must marry in ur final year, yeye churches

2 Likes

Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
You need your Church's consent to get married? Well, in my opinion, I don't think they should decide when you should get married or not. There's nothing biblical about that. If your parents are in agreement with the church's decision however, I guess you'll have to adhere to it since you'll need your parent's blessings.
Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
jumbotron: Scared of loosing him?? OP, please erase this thought from your head. Loose him becauseeeeeee? I tire with naija ladies. If she is in school, she is in her early 20s or there about. Why should she be scared of loosing a guy due to wanting to do the best for her (which in turn will benefit him).

*Sigh* Young lady, finish school if you can please. Has he finished school? Why can't he wait for you. If he can, please go ahead and finish. You love each other right?? No rush. Finish school please and be a valuable contributor to your new family. If he threatens to leave, then you know if a baby is delayed...he will threaten to leave or seek other options. It will always be my way now and fast (that is if he is rushing you o, let me not be presumptuous). He should be patient and so should you.
HaHahHahahaa!!! This is a joke right ?
Maybe you don't live in Naija sha.
First, it is wrong for the marriage committe to prevent you from getting married. Its a shame this kinda thing is happening in the church.
Marriage is a decision between two people. I don't blame the committee though. I blame you who have allowed yourself to be brainwashed into believing you need the consent of outsiders before you get married.
I bet you most of those hypocrites on the marriage committee board are themselves victims of marital abuse who are only putting up a facade in church.

To get a man to propose marriage in todays nigeria is like looking for a pin in a haysack. If you loose him it might take so much longer to get another person.

I hope you will be wise enough to demand and possess what is rightfully yours within the ambient of religiuos limits.

I rest mycase.
Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by xynerise: 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2013
Did they also tell you you must be 30 before having your first child?
Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by frainc(m): 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
My dear
if you know that you wish (not been force) to marry

the guy is also (financially, romantically and morally) ready

and you are above 20yrs

my fear
if the church is not ready to accept your wedding
then PORT to any other church that will be ready to wed you OUT

if you no marry now way you see the opportunity
shey na church go provide husband for if you join the league of SINGLE and DESPERATELY searching?

abi committe leader dey EYE you
Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
Pardon me if I don't believe this undecided
Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
[s]
silver25: I am in my 400level entering final year by janurary 2014 and then I got proposed to my finance. Who came for formal introduction which resulted in letting my church to know about it and now the church is saying that I must enter my Finals before that consent wil be given to me and now my finance is in hast to do my traditional marriage before this december please what should I do before I loose him because he is worried?and am confused
[/s]
Spell check,stop putting the Nigerian education system to shame angry
Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by jumbotron: 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
[quote author=Guitarlife]

Sir, I am a Nigerian woman...my location does not matter. I do not even care if the church consents or not. My thing is why is her fiance in such a haste? Why is he rushing? O, sorry I forgot in Naija husband is scarce. My apologies, please OP do and marry ok. If your parents approve, why not. You have almost graduated. All the folks here are pushing for it. Hopefully, your husband will ensure you continue to thrive maybe in your career or business. Oh and also, there's no raised eyebrow as to why she came on Nairaland to ask her question. It is a matter of simply going to another church right or is she a bit rushed. Let me stop here. OP, as you have been advised...husband no dey o. Rush marry this one
Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
op you don't by any way sound educated. how can some group of persons tell you when to get married??

don't worry your eyes will be opened when one daughter of a deacon sends you marriage invitation with ur fiance!!
Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by Sunnycliff(m): 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2013
In as much as u hav decided to b a member of dat church u have to abide by dia doctrines. If u are discontented u can quit d church. Church membership is not a heavenly certificate.
Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
1st thing is first. If the guy loves u, then what's the haste? So he can't wait? So he'll leave u if the marriage is delayed or what? That does not make any sense in his part. I've seen people who even waited until their luvers finished their first degree. So what's the rush by the way? I think it's kind of an exaggeration saying u'll lose him cos he can't wait for a short period.
2nd of all, wetin concern the church? You are not underage are u? So what would have happened if u were not in school at all? Don't blame them much though...they probably feel the stress would be too much for u and all probably being a married woman and still schooling at this stage and they feel it'd be a lot better if u were in ur finals....but still what's their business?? Well, it's ur call. So decide what u want. Let the guy who claims to luv u wait until ur finals or u might lose him just because who couldn't wait or go to another church for the wedding....your call madam.

1 Like

Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by jumbotron: 10:19am On Sep 26, 2013
@iamlegend

Good advice!
Re: The Marriage Committe In My Church Said I Must Be In My Final Year B4 Marriage by defashan: 8:34am On Jan 06, 2014
silver25: I am in my 400level entering final year by janurary 2014 and then I got proposed to my finance. Who came for formal introduction which resulted in letting my church to know about it and now the church is saying that I must enter my Finals before that consent wil be given to me and now my finance is in hast to do my traditional marriage before this december please what should I do before I loose him because he is worried?and am confused

You are a 400 level undergraduate and you dont know the meaning of "finance".
What is wrong with you?you should be flogged.
Now go and write the word fiance 5 thousand times.

(1) (Reply)

Is Sex An Essential Thing To Do To Save A Relationship? / Which Of These Is More Foolish Of A Lady / Most Ladies Fall When I Teach Them...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.