Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,294 members, 7,957,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland (5134 Views)

Buhari Should Organise A Sovereign National Conference Now / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / Jonathan Rules Out Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by batstan(m): 9:25am On Sep 26, 2013
A lot has been said about this SNC to be convene and I feel we should also use this forum to, in our way, discuss issues that we all feel is a threat to our peace and sovereignty. Pls state tribe and location
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Teotihuacan: 9:35am On Sep 26, 2013
Anambra/ Lagos...
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 26, 2013
Sincerely and personally, I think Northern Nigeria is the impediment to SNC because no matter how the SNC resolutions would be concluded, some certain Equations and formula would be striped from Northern Nigeria and really,the North wants None of that even more of power and resources is what Northern Nigeria is chanting !!!

If this Nation would surge forward, Ethnic-Nationalities need to sitdown and chart the way forward as such each and every nation in Nigeria can contribute and determine when Allegiance is being trampled upon !!!

Nigerians are all Good people but the political gladiators are turning us against one another for their own selfish reason abi what is the essence of protecting a son/daughter who benefit Nobody but Himself/Herself alone

We all need to Agree on common goals to Succeed as a peaceful,satisfactory and developed Nigeria is the best for us all !!!

Yoruba/Abuja !!!

2 Likes

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by badmeat(m): 9:45am On Sep 26, 2013
Tribe;Ikwerre,ib Rivers state!,Location;abuja,I see this country as a charade!for us to live in harmony,there mist be equal rights and justice!I propose that the states control and manage their resources both natural n human!niheria is failing because of the unitary Govt we run!there is injustice in all facet of our union!(1)the three languages in our naira note is a fraud!we have more languages in the country ,why not put it in our currency!(2)some states in nigeria behave n act like religious states,they prohibit a lot in their state becos of Religion,but if I drink beer in Lagos,the revenue will be shared to the north that prohibits alcohol!(3)any group or set of groups that wants self determination should be free to leave the union,the north and the entire nation should apologise and grant 50% of revenue from oil to oil producing states,,(4)3eligion should be practised in private n not to be discussed in national issuesangry

4 Likes

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Built2last: 9:45am On Sep 26, 2013
what do you make of this press statement.

Arewa Youths Disown Al-Mustapha, Dokubo Group

The planned one million man march by the United Nigeria Group headed by former chief security officer(CSO) to late head of state, General Sani Abacha, Major Hamza Al-Mustapha and Asari Dokubo has suffered a setback as the Arewa Citizens Action for Change (ACAC) and the Arewa Youth Development Foundation (AYDF) denied signing the group’s Memorandum of Understanding(MoU).

It would be recalled that last week, the Al-Mustapha group issued an advertorial in which it claimed that representatives of the ACAC and AYDF attended its meeting in the South-East and were signatories to a Memorandum of Understanding issued thereafter.

But in a swift reaction, ACAC and AYDF said their representatives were never signatories to the MoU or party to any resolution reached at the meeting.

A press statement issued by Mallam Sani Darma and Barrister Aliyu, chairmen of AYDF and ACAC respectively, said they did not sign any MoU either for themselves or for their respective groups.

The two leaders said they were actually invited to the South-East meetings but that their people only attended in their personal capacities and not representing their groups.

They said as champions of the cause of the northern region, the ACAC and AYDF do not share the ideology represented by the Al- Mustapha and Dakubo’s group.

“Our groups are solely concerned with the affairs of the northern region; that is what we stand for and that is what we are known for.

We have never and shall never compromise this cause for whatever reason, we do not share same ideology with Al- Mustapha or Dakubo where such ideology conflicts with the interest of the northern region,” Darma said.

He explained that the ACAC is currently engaged in cementing peace in the region with an ongoing conflict management workshop for youth in all the 19 states of the North.

Lets stop living in denial in this country. The earlier we sit down to ask ourselves how far, the better for all of us. I am in support of SNC
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by wasak(m): 9:48am On Sep 26, 2013
ASUU STRIKE
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Built2last: 9:48am On Sep 26, 2013
The middle belt of this country has never thasted power at the very top also the Igbos and now the north is clamouring that power MUST return to them. The word return means it originally belongs there. One Nigeria is a facade and the earlier all federating units gather to discuss our fate the better.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 26, 2013
Kai! Everything is politics... raising this topic when a new moderator is needed is really something to think about.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 26, 2013
Tribe: Ijaw
Kingdom: Okrika
LGA: Okrika
State of Origin: Rivers
State of Residence: Lagos

MY Take on SNC:
1. It should be convened asap

IF we should be One Nigeria

2. The minerals producing areas in the Ijaw nation (not states) should have 60% resource control
3. Membership of NASS should be even among states.

If the above could not be agreed on by other tribes, then the Ijaw Nation should seccede from the Nigeria state.

The Ijaw nation could together with likeminds from the South-South form a Niger Delta republic whch may compose of Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Part of Delta/Edo and Cross River (If they so desire).

the ND republic and the BIAFRA Republic will have lots of bilateral agreement like obtained between the USA and Canada while maintaining their respective sovereignty.

While I anticipate for SNC, it must be stated that Vacancy does not exist in Aso Rock until 2019.

1 Like

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Boss13: 10:04am On Sep 26, 2013
batstan: A lot has been said about this SNC to be convene and I feel we should also use this forum to, in our way, discuss issues that we all feel is a threat to our peace and sovereignty. Pls state tribe and location

The bolded alone is a reason why the Sovereign conference won't hold
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Caseless: 10:08am On Sep 26, 2013
Boss13:

The bolded alone is a reason why the Sovereign conference won't hold
walahi!
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by batstan(m): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2013
Built2last: what do you make of this press statement.

The planned one million man march by the United Nigeria Group headed by former chief security officer(CSO) to late head of state, General Sani Abacha, Major Hamza Al-Mustapha and Asari Dokubo has suffered a setback as the Arewa Citizens Action for Change (ACAC) and the Arewa Youth Development Foundation (AYDF) denied signing the group’s Memorandum of Understanding(MoU).

It would be recalled that last week, the Al-Mustapha group issued an advertorial in which it claimed that representatives of the ACAC and AYDF attended its meeting in the South-East and were signatories to a Memorandum of Understanding issued thereafter.

But in a swift reaction, ACAC and AYDF said their representatives were never signatories to the MoU or party to any resolution reached at the meeting.

A press statement issued by Mallam Sani Darma and Barrister Aliyu, chairmen of AYDF and ACAC respectively, said they did not sign any MoU either for themselves or for their respective groups.

The two leaders said they were actually invited to the South-East meetings but that their people only attended in their personal capacities and not representing their groups.

They said as champions of the cause of the northern region, the ACAC and AYDF do not share the ideology represented by the Al- Mustapha and Dakubo’s group.

“Our groups are solely concerned with the affairs of the northern region; that is what we stand for and that is what we are known for.

We have never and shall never compromise this cause for whatever reason, we do not share same ideology with Al- Mustapha or Dakubo where such ideology conflicts with the interest of the northern region,” Darma said.

He explained that the ACAC is currently engaged in cementing peace in the region with an ongoing conflict management workshop for youth in all the 19 states of the North.

Lets stop living in denial in this country. The earlier we sit down to ask ourselves how far, the better for all of us. I am in support of SNC
Point noted, we'll gather opinions and see what we can bring out as the house memorandum

1 Like

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by batstan(m): 10:14am On Sep 26, 2013
Built2last: what do you make of this press statement.

Point noted, we'll gather opinions and see what we can bring out as the house memorandum
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Abagworo(m): 10:17am On Sep 26, 2013
The SNC should have been held long ago when the polity was not heated. I expected it last year. Holding an SNC today could lead to war as sentiments, betrayals, distrust and insecurity is at its peak. PDP styled divide and rule politics has infiltrated all ethnic groups, organizations and religious groups in Nigeria. The SNC should be shifted until after 2015 elections.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by batstan(m): 10:19am On Sep 26, 2013
barcanista: Tribe: Ijaw

MY Take on SNC:

2. The minerals producing areas in the Ijaw nation (not states) should have 80% resource control

If the above could not be agreed on by other tribes, then the Ijaw Nation should seccede from the Nigeria state.

The Ijaw nation could together with likeminds from the South-South form a Niger Delta republic whch may compose of Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Part of Delta/Edo and Cross River (If they so desire).

the ND republic and the BIAFRA Republic will have lots of bilateral agreement like obtained between the USA and Canada while maintaining their respective sovereignty.

While I anticipate for SNC, it must be stated that Vacancy does not exist in Aso Rock until 2019.
Good composition, but pls lets try and put aside the issue of ruling power and where it should belong. This thread is to see if we can, as a house on this forum, stand for the emergence of a credible leader, irrespective of geo-political origin
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by homesteady(m): 10:20am On Sep 26, 2013
Built2last: The middle belt of this country has never thasted power at the very top also the Igbos and now the north is clamouring that power MUST return to them. The word return means it originally belongs there. One Nigeria is a facade and the earlier all federating units gather to discuss our fate the better.

Yakubu Gowon is from Jos! wink

2 Likes

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Caseless: 10:22am On Sep 26, 2013
batstan: A lot has been said about this SNC to be convene and I feel we should also use this forum to, in our way, discuss issues that we all feel is a threat to our peace and sovereignty. Pls state tribe and location
when we're campaigning against any law requesting us 2 indicate our state, religion, region and ethnicity and we're praying that this shld be abolished, u are here canvassing for SNC using d factors that have hindered our national growth. This is bound 2 fail with mindset like urs. Check when eshomomo of TVCnews hosted rwandan high commissioner 2 nigeria on 'straight talk' and hear wat he said about how dis affected rwanda and also nigeria.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by kkkp: 10:22am On Sep 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by batstan(m): 10:27am On Sep 26, 2013
pls lets discuss this issue like we'd want to see our senate do it.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 26, 2013
batstan:
Good composition, but pls lets try and put aside the issue of ruling power and where it should belong. This thread is to see if we can, as a house on this forum, stand for the emergence of a credible leader, irrespective of geo-political origin
Guy the thread I'm sure is for SNC and we have right to speak OUR mind. the majority of NDeltans (especially Ijaws) will agree to my position (I stand to be corrected).

I still insist that pending the conveyance of SNC, power must remain(and will remain) with GEJ till 2019.

First because he is a performer who has outperfomed his predecessors combined

Secondly, the core north has to realised that they DO NOT own exclusive right to leadership position.

Thirdly, As a citizen of Ijaw nation, GEJ should be supported by all his kinsmen as the core north are bent on frustrating his efforts.

Finally, No Vacancy In Aso Rock Till 2019
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 26, 2013
batstan: pls lets discuss this issue like we'd want to see our senate do it.
guy Senate no get mouth for this matter. We want SNC.... Waiting for GEJ to convey it.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 26, 2013
We will talk about wat makes us different and wat makes us one.

Each group will lay to bare what or how they feel they have not benefited from the federation.

And then we talk about how we want to move forward: Do we want a confederacy, or true federalism, or do we want to go our separate ways?

IMHO, Every group should go its separate ways, where possible, smaller groups with similarities and geographical proximity should merge to form their own nation.

In such situation, we will stop all these problems and bickering that makes us stagnate, and Africa and the world will be better for it.

We will have challenges in these new nations granted, but our ability to work as a people who agreed to stay together will see us surmounting these challenges.

The new nations will dream new dreams in the light of what the future holds.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by ijawcitizen(m): 10:45am On Sep 26, 2013
barcanista: Tribe: Ijaw

MY Take on SNC:

2. The minerals producing areas in the Ijaw nation (not states) should have 80% resource control

[s] the ND republic and the BIAFRA Republic will have lots of bilateral agreement like obtained between the USA and Canada while maintaining their respective sovereignty. [/s]

I agree with you on all points raised except the erased.

There are a lot of grey areas Ijaws have not come to terms with, with the Igbo people esp the part where Igbos accuse us of BETRAYAL, ENVY, ABANDONED PROPERTY, KILLING IGBOS, AND THEIR CONTINOUS DENIAL OF CRIMES AGAINST IJAWLAND. They are only concerned with showing us who our "real enemies" are while playing saints.

It is not a must that we should have "LOTS" of bilateral agreements. That is your personal opinion and I respect it, though it is not left for you to decide but the ENTIRE IJAW NATION as our survival as a nation does not depend on Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Realdeals(m): 10:45am On Sep 26, 2013
On SNC we stand
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 26, 2013
ijaw citizen: I agree with you on all points raised except the erased.

There are a lot of grey areas Ijaws have not come to terms with, with the Igbo people esp the part where Igbos accuse us of BETRAYAL, ENVY, ABANDONED PROPERTY, KILLING IGBOS, AND THEIR DENIAL OF CRIMES AGAINST IJAWLAND.

It is not a must that we should have "LOTS" of bilateral agreements. That is your personal opinion and I respect it, though it is not left for you to decide but the ENTIRE IJAW NATION.
I share your view brother . However, I'm not advocating for total 'collabo' with the BIAFRA Republic, neither did I use MUST. Anyway the most important are the points above, which I'm sure is popular among the citizens of the Ijaw Nation.

Long Live the Ijaws
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by batstan(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2013
caseless: when we're campaigning against any law requesting us 2 indicate our state, religion, region and ethnicity and we're praying that this shld be abolished, u are here canvassing for SNC using d factors that have hindered our national growth. This is bound 2 fail with mindset like urs. Check when eshomomo of TVCnews hosted rwandan high commissioner 2 nigeria on 'straight talk' and hear wat he said about how dis affected rwanda and also nigeria.
Bro, u got it all wrong, i am not using it to establish anything less than seeing every tribe represented so that all at once we can agree to the state of origin, tribe and religion issues.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by batstan(m): 11:17am On Sep 26, 2013
Mods let the National Conference get to the FP nah. Lets contribute reasonably. wink
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 11:26am On Sep 26, 2013

There are a lot of grey areas Ijaws have not come to terms with, with the Igbo people esp the part where Igbos accuse us of BETRAYAL, ENVY, ABANDONED PROPERTY, KILLING IGBOS, AND THEIR CONTINOUS DENIAL OF CRIMES AGAINST IJAWLAND. They are only concerned with showing us who our "real enemies" are while playing saints.

It is not a must that we should have "LOTS" of bilateral agreements. That is your personal opinion and I respect it, though it is not left for you to decide but the ENTIRE IJAW NATION as our survival as a nation does not depend on Igbos.
Your hate for Igbos is out of this world. Don't forget that this Niger Delta republic is not only made up of Ijaws and Igbos will be intertwined in there somehow. Seperating Igbo from ND is tantamount to seperating butter from bread or vice-versa. Igbos and Ijaws mustn't be in one country and i actually think shouldn't be in one country but saying there won't be some form of cooperation is wishful thinking. The Ijaws in Rivers have some sort of ideology different from those in Bayelsa. That's why Barcanista's position is different from yours. Ijaws and Igbos are more related than you think. Only Rivers Ijaw people will understand that. Anyways, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

2 Likes

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 11:30am On Sep 26, 2013
I think the people that have been against the SNC and the restructuring of Nigeria are the Northerner elites because truth be told, they gain a lot from the current arrangement which was made possible by many years of Northern rule through the Military. Holding an SNC will mean that they will lose these privileges and won't want that to happen.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Abagworo(m): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2013
Built2last: The middle belt of this country has never thasted power at the very top also the Igbos and now the north is clamouring that power MUST return to them. The word return means it originally belongs there. One Nigeria is a facade and the earlier all federating units gather to discuss our fate the better.

IBB- Gwari-Middlebelt

Abdulsalami-Nupe-Middlebelt

Gowon-Angas-Middlebelt
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Abagworo(m): 11:39am On Sep 26, 2013
Afam4eva: I think the people that have been against the SNC and the restructuring of Nigeria are the Northerner elites because truth be told, they gain a lot from the current arrangement which was made possible by many years of Northern rule through the Military. Holding an SNC will mean that they will lose these privileges and won't want that to happen.

I quite disagree with you on this. Abacha actually did it and what was left was implementation. Even the Oputa panel was a similar thing but still lacked recommendations and implementation.

You refuse to see the bigger picture. South-South is highly intermingled and you can never erase a stake holder or it might still lead to more wars. Every tribe that lives from Port-Harcourt all the way to Bonny are mix of Igbo and other ethnic groups.

1 Like

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Caseless: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
batstan:
Bro, u got it all wrong, i am not using it to establish anything less than seeing every tribe represented so that all at once we can agree to the state of origin, tribe and religion issues.
i'm not saying ur initiative is flawed with those factors, but my fears wont allow me see the good side of it considering how those aforementioned factors drag dz country back. If u want supports for snc, we can do that without having to indicate our tribe and location. Thank u!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Seen This Picture Of Northerners Leaving South East? / I Want Nigeria Destroyed – Asari Dokubo / Breaking: Atiku Secures Over 1.2 Million Votes In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.