Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! (2161 Views)

I Stormed His Wedding & Made Him Cry After He Broke My Heart / We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me / Man Breaks Up With Girlfriend Of 11 Years 24 Hours To His Wedding To Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by BB12(f): 9:41am On Sep 26, 2013
A friend of mine called few days back that he wanted to call off his wedding which was fixed for October.

His reason was that he just ran into his old girlfriend who is more beautiful, and that she loves her. According to him, the girl was outside the country and since she is finally back, he would like to continue the relationship and marry her!

To say I was shocked was an understatement 'cos from what I know, he doesn't bluff. He wanted my opinion and I told him #summary#..."People ain't soccer balls you can toss wherever and whenever you like". Nairalanders, please what's your take on this?

1 Like

Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by twogood: 9:47am On Sep 26, 2013
I think this guy is stupid. Wedding's been fixed and all.
Then again i'm thinking, could it be that God allowed the meeting so that he could marry this girl- just thinking.
It's a terrible feeling being unhappy on your wedding day. Marriage is for life. Count all the costs.
Whatever he does, he shouldn't hurt the original girl he's hitched to.
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by BB12(f): 10:10am On Sep 26, 2013
twogood: I think this guy is stupid. Wedding's been fixed and all.
Then again i'm thinking, could it be that God allowed the meeting so that he could marry this girl- just thinking.
It's a terrible feeling being unhappy on your wedding day. Marriage is for life. Count all the costs.
Whatever he does, he shouldn't hurt the original girl he's hitched to.

In my opinion, he shouldn't have proposed to the girl since his heart is elsewhere. He wasn't enthusiastic in d wedding planning and insisted that he wanted only court wedding, bla bla bla
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by twogood: 10:25am On Sep 26, 2013
Never marry out of pity. If your heart is elsewhere, bring it back first before any other thing. If your heart is 'stuck there' then you might as well save yourself future heartache and go with your heart.
What does the 2nd girl think. I hope she no wan spoil show for her fellow girl-just saying.
But girls, no go marry man im heart dey somewhere else o
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by lomaxx: 11:41am On Sep 26, 2013

It's his wedding. His life. He's the boss. Anyone can be hired and fired at anytime. He knows what he's doing- and old enough to accept consequences(dire as they may be). I can only but wish him the best of luck.

Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by divinelove(m): 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hmmm this is serious, i feel for d second gal whose wedding is to b cancelled. I hope she doesnt do some unthinkable things to him. Beyond all these he has nt married her yet dt means its jst a failed rship.i wont advise him to go ahead wit d weddin if he feels dt much for d first girl.
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by BB12(f): 11:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
lomaxx:

It's his wedding. His life. He's the boss. Anyone can be hired and fired at anytime. He knows what he's doing- and old enough to accept consequences(dire as they may be). I can only but wish him the best of luck.

Yeah, it's his life/marriage but that doesn't mean he can screw up people's lives at will. He lays so much emphasis on this other girl's beauty (and obviously confusing it with love). I just wish he could seek God's face before making hasty decisions...Beauty fades with time, I wonder what will hold the marriage when that time comes!
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by 190theclown: 11:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
BB12: A friend of mine called few days back that he wanted to call off his wedding which was fixed for October.

His reason was that he just ran into his old girlfriend who is more beautiful, [size=18pt]and that she loves her[/size]. According to him, the girl was outside the country and since she is finally back, he would like to continue the relationship and marry her!

To say I was shocked was an understatement 'cos from what I know, he doesn't bluff. He wanted my opinion and I told him #summary#..."People ain't soccer balls you can toss wherever and whenever you like". Nairalanders, please what's your take on this?

somebody fetch water give me make i drink
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by BB12(f): 12:07am On Sep 27, 2013
190-the-clown:

somebody fetch water give me make i drink

Why the sudden thirst Which would you prefer? Tap, well, river abi rain water tongue
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by Travelista(f): 12:08am On Sep 27, 2013
Your friend should let the fiancée go; goodness knows she'll be better off without such a loser. Had she been yoked to him, he'd likely start cheating on her with the girl that left him in the lurch. And out of curiosity, how sure is your friend that the girl abroad doesn't have someone else? As for Ms. Returnee...good luck to her because I wouldn't want to be with a man that could be so cruel to a woman he claims to love. It means he is fickle and can't be trusted.

Is Ms. Returnee based abroad by any chance? As for you, OP, my advice is for you to stay as far out of this as possible because when it hits the fan, you don't want to be pointed out as someone that knew the groom's intentions and kept quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by Popowaa: 12:15am On Sep 27, 2013
Travelista: Your friend should let the fiancée go; goodness knows she'll be better off without such a loser. Had she been yoked to him, he'd likely start cheating on her with the girl that left him in the lurch. And out of curiosity, how sure is your friend that the girl abroad doesn't have someone else? As for Ms. Returnee...good luck to her because I wouldn't want to be with a man that could be so cruel to a woman he claims to love. It means he is fickle and can't be trusted.

Is Ms. Returnee based abroad by any chance? As for you, OP, my advice is for you to stay as far out of this as possible because when it hits the fan, you don't want to be pointed out as someone that knew the groom's intentions and kept quiet.

couldnt ve said it better.
Was he no imn contact with her before he proposed?Did the girl tie a rope around his neck and force him to propose?We human beings never learn,out of selfishness and greed we will alwz suffer.Human beings do change and i hope Mis Yankee is an angel becos i believe in the adage "a bird in hand is worth two in a bush"
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by BB12(f): 12:25am On Sep 27, 2013
@ Travelista : Trust me, I no dey put my hands near fire. I think Ms. Returnee's here to stay!

If a guy tells me he wants to call off a wedding just to marry me, I will think more than twice shocked shocked
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by 190theclown: 12:31am On Sep 27, 2013
BB12:

Why the sudden thirst Which would you prefer? Tap, well, river abi rain water tongue

rotfl grin grin

I prefer your kind of water
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by BB12(f): 12:39am On Sep 27, 2013
Popowaa: couldnt ve said it better.
Was he no imn contact with her before he proposed?Did the girl tie a rope around his neck and force him to propose?We human beings never learn,out of selfishness and greed we will alwz suffer.Human beings do change and i hope Mis Yankee is an angel becos i believe in the adage "a bird in hand is worth two in a bush"

50 likes (I can always add more cheesy)
Those were the exact questions I asked him.

Marriage proposals should not be rushed! He said it's better to call off the wedding than divorce shocked I wish I could give him a good punch on the face the moment he said that!
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by BB12(f): 1:02am On Sep 27, 2013
190-the-clown:

rotfl grin grin

I prefer your kind of water

shocked I am not a source of water, sowee sad
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by veave(f): 6:14am On Sep 27, 2013
Go ahead and call off the wedding...
its good riddance to bad rubbish.
his current fiancee doesnt need an undecisive persin like anyway...
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by Exponental(m): 6:43am On Sep 27, 2013
Ur friend is stupid. No SANE girl will accept such marriage proposal cos what goes around comes around.
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by Enegod(m): 6:46am On Sep 27, 2013
he is just following his hrt...
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by BB12(f): 9:35am On Sep 27, 2013
Enegod: he is just following his hrt...

It's always better to LEAD one's heart rather than FOLLOW.
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by BB12(f): 9:40am On Sep 27, 2013
Exponental: Ur friend is stupid. No SANE girl will accept such marriage proposal cos what goes around comes around.

You're so on point wink Some girls don't think that way though embarassed
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by lertee(f): 10:04am On Sep 27, 2013
BB12: A friend of mine called few days back that he wanted to call off his wedding which was fixed for October.

His reason was that he just ran into his old girlfriend who is more beautiful, and that she loves her. According to him, the girl was outside the country and since she is finally back, he would like to continue the relationship and marry her!

Your friend is still a baby and he doesn't have a mind of his own. Although I still find it hard to believe someone would wnt to call off a wedding just cos he met his beautiful ex,theremore to it.
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by sweettease(f): 10:38am On Sep 27, 2013
Oh God, deliver me from every such fiance IJN - Amen!
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by BB12(f): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2013
lertee:
Your friend is still a baby and he doesn't have a mind of his own. Although I still find it hard to believe someone would wnt to call off a wedding just cos he met his beautiful ex,theremore to it.

I hope he grows up real quick 'cos marriage isn't meant for babies sad
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by andyanders: 9:16am On Nov 26, 2013
A pay back time will come and he will regret his actions. No matter how he feels now to dump the lady he has been staying with and planned whether court,white wedding or anything marriage and now wants to do away with her because of the beauty of this lady in question, he will one day start receiving a Holy Ghost flogging and he will start deliverance
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by Youngpo413: 2:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
Travelista:
Your friend should let the fiancée go; goodness knows she'll be better off without such a loser. Had she been yoked to him, he'd likely start cheating on her with the girl that left him in the lurch. And out of curiosity, how sure is your friend that the girl abroad doesn't have someone else? As for Ms. Returnee...good luck to her because I wouldn't want to be with a man that could be so cruel to a woman he claims to love. It means he is fickle and can't be trusted.

ladies also do dump someone they are engaged to...so the guy is doing the right thing.
Re: Please Advice...He Wants To Call Off His Wedding! by avuekwe(f): 4:57pm On Dec 08, 2014
sweettease:
Oh God, deliver me from every such fiance IJN - Amen!

Amen and amen sis, to that your prayer. Some men are ?

(1) (Reply)

Which Celebrity Would You Like To Date? / Woman Rushed To Hospital After Suffering Painful THREE-HOUR Orgasm / Should I Continue Or Leave Her, But I Love Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.