Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (27460 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Jarus(m): 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
Cele-pope:
The useless CAF don't use AFCON as a perimeter in reaching who is to be crowned but instead depend on their club performance and not even the player's performance.That says a lot why Jay jay Okocha my bro never won the coveted award

Arguments like these annoy me. CAF doesn't give people PotY award, coaches and captains of 56 countries in Africa vote. The votes are published.

1 Like

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sike(m): 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
Let the CAF decide.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Ikenna94: 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ayosky19: yaya toure is better dan mikel or wats is name again
who is talkin abt being better, is Ribery beta dam Messi or iniesta.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by instaforexngr(m): 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
Yes.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by jmoore(m): 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
Yaya Toure

1 Like

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Afolayan123: 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
Achievement and success goes together....mikel has achieve a lot ....so he desserve it...
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by sCun: 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
If Enyeama continues to keep clean sheets at Lille, he should win it. No outfield African player has been too spectacular this year. This is CAF's best chance to give the award to a goalkeeper

1 Like

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Erotex(m): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
whether toure is better or not, am still @ my bro back. If u know like Mikel go hug transformer

3 Likes

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Segadem(m): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
BabaAlabi: No..The award should go to a player that has represented Africa internationally and locally and for me that player is Yaya Toure.
Oga please what yardstick did u use to arrive at that conclusion?
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by femzy(m): 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
This thread had better be a poll ...lol
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by umauhe(m): 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
mikel is improving his football and if he continue he can go far but to say with just one goal in recent time,he should be crown as African footballer of the year is not fair.Let him push a little
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Segadem(m): 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
BabaAlabi: No..The award should go to a player that has represented Africa internationally and locally and for me that player is Yaya Toure.
I Guess u be manu or Arsenal fans!
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by omajali2003(m): 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
You might be more intelligent than me but if we write exams and , maybe by hard work or luck I get higher grade, I will be considered before you at that moment. Based on the exams written so far- AFCON, EUROPA and ConFed cup, Mikel has scored more points than Toure. It is not a matter of who is better but who has performed better head to head. The tropies bear witness

1 Like

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by donphilopus: 7:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mikel should have been, but Goals were not coming his way before. For him to have scored his first EPL goal for Chelsea, I would say he's partially qualified, because Goals are also Considered
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by comrChris(m): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
what r u guys even saying?as gud as most of u claim yaya is how many trophies has he won?presently Mikel deserves it more than yaya or anybody,if incase it goes the otherway then its pure cheating simple
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by DJDOLA(m): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
Some nigerian are crazy walahi....if u can not support ur brother who else will support him....I believe if yaya toure is not better than mikel is people will support him no matter what....abi if yaya toure is nigeria and mikel is from ivory coast I trust nigeria they will vote for mikel

5 Likes

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
lexyman: he should keep improving , but i must be sincere , yaya Toure is in a super form ....Mike's success lies in his hands.
as far yaya is still alive hmmmmmm mikel need to work harder nd harder because yaya is going very crazy now.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by jaxy(m): 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2013
DJDOLA: Some nigerian are crazy walahi....if u can not support ur brother who else will support him....I believe if yaya toure is not better than mikel is people will support him no matter what....abi if yaya toure is nigeria and mikel is from ivory coast I trust nigeria they will vote for mikel
1000000Likes
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Nicepoker(m): 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mikel? God 4bid
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by lakesguy(m): 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mikel is very good № doubt' but am not sure if he's ready for that title yet' he's improving and am sure if he continues like thiz' the future is bright for him''
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by bingbagbo(m): 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
top 11 african footballers currently..

1. Kevin Prince Boateng (Ghana)
2. Yaya Toure (ivory coast)
3.Pierre~emeric aubamenyang(Gabon)
4. Mohammed Salah (egypt)
5. Andre dede ayew (Ghana)
6. victor moses (nigeria)
7. pitriopa (Burkina)
8. sulley muntari(Ghana)
9. traore (burkina)
10.Kolo toure (ivory coast)
11. kwadwo asamoah(Ghana)
12 platini (cape verde)
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Celepope: 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
Jarus:

Arguments like these annoy me. CAF doesn't give people PotY award, coaches and captains of 56 countries in Africa vote. The votes are published.
Bro i gat you and i am fully aware of your point just that i dropped the comment with my phone and i hate typing long comments through mobile if not i would have highlighted that same point you gave.Am happy that you have an insight how its done cause i have tried to drum it here on NL on several occasions and it sounded strange to some
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by peleson: 8:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
bin gbagbo:
top 11 african footballers currently..

1. Kevin Prince Boateng
2. Yaya Toure
3.Pierre~emeric aubamenyang
4. Mohammed Salah
5. Andre dede ayew
6. victor moses
7. pitriopa
8. sulley muntari
9. Raymond sinkalla
10.Kolo toure
11. Asamoah Gyan

Mikel is better than all of them head to head. I bet you.. How much?

4 Likes

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by striker9(m): 8:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ikenna94: who is talkin abt being better, is Ribery beta dam Messi or iniesta.
You shouldn't have replied him,its obvious his not a fan of Mikel and probably hates Chelsea.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by BinghiNya(m): 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ikenna94: spot on jare. Mikel is in a beta club dan yaya toure.
yaya beat him in chelsea 3 times last season. Yaya scored 3 goals in afcon, did mikel inspire nigeria to win against uruguay and spain
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by striker9(m): 8:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
DJDOLA: Some nigerian are crazy walahi....if u can not support ur brother who else will support him....I believe if yaya toure is not better than mikel is people will support him no matter what....abi if yaya toure is nigeria and mikel is from ivory coast I trust nigeria they will vote for mikel
Don't mind them,it is jealousy that will kill some people.The beef some Nigerians have with him is based on club football.I think everyone has got the right to hate.Yaya is better than Mikel,but Mikel has proven himself more than yaya of late.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by yoji: 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
Has toure renounced his African citizenship? Despite our nations cup success, it's hard to pin it to mmikel's contribution, cos mba and victor Moses equally contributed immensely. So it was more of a team work afterall he even missed a penalty self. But toure is one of the best players in the world talk less Africa.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2013
Would not even expect him to enter Top 10.

African football has not gone backwards that much.

1 Like

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by yuncka: 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
CAF should respect demselves and giv dis award 2 MIKEL or face my wrath (i.e, keepin quiet).
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by striker9(m): 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
peleson:

Mikel is better than all of them head to head. I bet you.. How much?
What a list,only 2 players on the list made it to finals of AFCON.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by kleenUch: 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
Success begets success Mikel or no other...simple.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by BB013(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
This Op must be delusional to think mikel worth Africa best player award cos of one goal in seven yrs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Mikel Obi, Iheanacho Arrive Super Eagles Camp / Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.