Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (27458 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by fijiano202(m): 8:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
CAPITAL NO,Firstly i would rather give Victor Moses,he had more impact in chelsea and Nigeria winning trophies than Mikel.Secondly Mikel Scoring a goal doesnt mean hes a better candidate cos this is a new season and his impact is not that great at chelsea,he may also score at The Confed cup but hes performance was also average not superb,the likes of victor moses and emenike would have had more impact than him,Thirdly Performance for club and country Yaya toure,moses,Emenike,Pierre Emerick aubameyang are more better candidates but without doubt theres a telling that a nigerian would win it,so i dnt mind anyone that wins it,na our Glo money
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by safarigirl(f): 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
BinghiNya: yaya beat him in chelsea 3 times last season. Yaya scored 3 goals in afcon, did mikel inspire nigeria to win against uruguay and spain
and how many trophies did the 3 goals get the Yaya dude? Some of una just dey yan dust up and down. The goals CR7 scored last season didn't mean squat when he lost to Ribery and Yaya and his loser CIV ain't winning squat either. Mikel has done enough to deserve CAF African player of the year. If una wan count Yaya EPL goals then let BBC give him player of the year, una dey argue am like say you and Yaya dey the same compound.

1 Like

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by boron10(m): 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
bin gbagbo: top 11 african footballers currently..

1. Kevin Prince Boateng
(Ghana)
2. Yaya Toure
(ivory coast)
3.Pierre~emeric aubamenyang(Gabon)
4. Mohammed Salah
(egypt)
5. Andre dede ayew
(Ghana)
6. victor moses
(nigeria)
7. pitriopa
(Burkina)
8. sulley muntari(Ghana)
9. traore (burkina)
10.Kolo toure
(ivory coast)
11. kwadwo asamoah(Ghana)
12 platini (cape verde)
grin grin grin grin I'm surprised Michael Essien is not on your list.

3 Likes

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by abayomi23(f): 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mikel all d way
Champions league trophy
Europa cup trophy
Afcon
Let d truth be told , you don't need to score goals before you can be the African footballer of the year. A goal keeper can win it and a defender can also with in. It's all about your overall contribution to your teams success.
Yaya's man city is a toddler team compared to chelsea, champion league and europa league winner back to back.

2 Likes

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by An0nimus: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
B_B013: This Op must be delusional to think mikel worth Africa best player award cos of one goal in seven yrs
tsk tsk, it doesn't mean you should insult him.

OnTopic: No comment really as I'm still picturing that Yaya Toure's goal in their last UCL game mehn. World class!
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by striker9(m): 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
safarigirl: and how many trophies did the 3 goals get the Yaya dude? Some of una just dey yan dust up and down. The goals CR7 scored last season didn't mean squat when he lost to Ribery and Yaya and his loser CIV ain't winning squat either. Mikel has done enough to deserve CAF African player of the year. If una wan count Yaya EPL goals then let BBC give him player of the year, una dey argue am like say you and Yaya dey the same compound.
1000likes,you too gbasky.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
wandevincent: YES
bros did u rili hv to quote d entire article jus to say that? U dey occupy space na, u kow say some of us are stil using 3310
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
bin gbagbo: top 11 african footballers currently..

1. Kevin Prince Boateng
(Ghana)
2. Yaya Toure
(ivory coast)
3.Pierre~emeric aubamenyang(Gabon)
4. Mohammed Salah
(egypt)
5. Andre dede ayew
(Ghana)
6. victor moses
(nigeria)
7. pitriopa
(Burkina)
8. sulley muntari(Ghana)
9. traore (burkina)
10.Kolo toure
(ivory coast)
11. kwadwo asamoah(Ghana)
12 platini (cape verde)

I like your top 5.

I would be moving Muntari up to 6 and Pitriopa to 7. All the others, I can't vouch for.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by bingbagbo(m): 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
boron10:
grin grin grin grin I'm surprised Michael Essien is not on your list.

it is an undisputed fact that michael essien is the best box to box midfielder Africa has ever seen and had it not been a plethora of injuries leading over 10 knee surgeries, he would have picked this award severally. even now that injuries have taken a toll on him, he is 10 times better than mikel obi, no sentiments. mikel,s co~equals are anthony annan, agyeman badu, emmanuel frimpong, rabiu mohammed .
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by boron10(m): 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sagamite:

I like your top 5.

I would be moving Muntari up to 6 and Pitriopa to 7. All the others, I can't vouch for.
What makes you think Kelvin Prince Boateng is African best player?
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Katsumoto: 8:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
Emphatic Yes.

In 2004 when Okocha was the best African player, the award was given to Etoo on the basis that Etoo won club trophies. Mikel won Champions League, Europa Cup, and African Nations Cup within a 12 month period while Yaya Toure won nada. I don't even think Yaya is better than Mikel. The Yaya at Barca is similar to the Mikel at Chelsea. The only reason we see a better side to Yaya is because he left Barca for Citeh. If Mikel were to find a team that would allow him play 10, he would be better than Yaya.

Give the award to Mikel.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by danduchi(m): 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
If Mikel win am,go call police
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by boron10(m): 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2013
bin gbagbo:

it is an undisputed fact that michael essien is the best box to box midfielder Africa has ever seen and had it not been a plethora of injuries leading over 10 knee surgeries, he would have picked this award severally. even now that injuries have taken a toll on him, he is 10 times better than mikel obi, no sentiments. mikel,s co~equals are anthony annan, agyeman badu, emmanuel frimpong, rabiu mohammed .
Essien surely has past his prime. He was way better than Mikel Obi at his peak. No doubt. But he's now very old, lost his drive and pace, no more skill and strength.

He's now the shadow of his old self. Mourinho does not share your sentiment as well. Despite calling him daddy, he still did not register him for CL. How else does he expect the coach to tell him he's no longer needed?

I wonder why you consider KPB as African best player when his contribution in both club and country has been rather insignificant. If there is someone that is analyzing with sentiment, the person should be you cos no Ghanaian player deserves to be in top 5.

6 Likes

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by kflexxy(m): 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
He's d valuable player so far
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by UcGadaz(m): 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
He deserves it
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by EverydayICT(m): 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
I think he is
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Emisco1(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ayomax: una dey craze? coz he scored one goal for Chelsea in 7yrs, you think we should consider him for Africa footballer of the year. when Yaya dey there
.lwkmd. U re nt a futbal fan. Wat did yaya achieve witin 1yr 2012-2013. Dt mikel did not achieve double of it witin dt yr. Luk bk at oda winner hw did da won it. Is it by past record or wat u achieve witin 1yr. Lt cal a spade a spade. Yaya culdn't tak hs country so far at afcon, bt 2 me mikel did it. In club aspect. He score 6goals or xo,i dnt wana knw. Hes club didn,t achieve more lyk mikel club@chelsea. I jst wan c d ojoro wa dm go do. Even moses gt mouth pas yaya wit dt 1 yr. He score pas am nd win trophy pas am
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mikel is the best African player, come rain or sun, he must win it.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
UcGadaz: He deserves it

Why does he deserve it?
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Emisco1(m): 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
safarigirl: and how many trophies did the 3 goals get the Yaya dude? Some of una just dey yan dust up and down. The goals CR7 scored last season didn't mean squat when he lost to Ribery and Yaya and his loser CIV ain't winning squat either. Mikel has done enough to deserve CAF African player of the year. If una wan count Yaya EPL goals then let BBC give him player of the year, una dey argue am like say you and Yaya dey the same compound.
no mind piple/haterz da re jealous,da dnt knw hw tinz re bin run. U tink xa na goal wa u score. Atleast Canavaro won bst wrld playa 2006. Was he a striker @ goal
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by bingbagbo(m): 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2013
[quote author=boron10]
Essien surely has past his prime. He was way better than Mikel Obi at his peak. No doubt. But he's now very old, lost his drive and pace, no more skill and strength.

He's now the shadow of his old self. Mourinho does not share your sentiment as well. Despite calling him daddy, he still did not register him for CL. How else does he expect the coach to tell him he's no longer needed?

ask urself...will mikel obi fit into real madrid in 2013? well essien did, .
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Emisco1(m): 8:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sagamite:

Why does he deserve it?
becos na hm gt mouth pas d rest mayb d duo at chelsea@mikel nd moses=msquare. Ani of dm. In as much da re 4rm 9jaria
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by fairygeh(f): 8:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
Damn,Mikel Obi is fineeeeeee.I saw him on tv yesterday being interviewed and I was drooling.chie Mikel.I likey you. kiss cry
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by boron10(m): 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2013

bin gbagbo:

ask urself...will mikel obi fit into real madrid in
2013? well essien did,
Why has the same Essien not found himself in Chelsea's starting Eleven? I'm sure you are not oblivious of the fact that the same coach that played him at Madrid, is the one benching him now.

For your info, Essien was never in Madrid's first Eleven. He played in less important matches.

1 Like

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Fidelcruiz(m): 9:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
mikel deserve the award.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by sCun: 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
[quote author=bin gbagbo][/quote] The same Essien that was played as left back, right back etc whenever any defender was injured? How many matches did he play as a midfielder?
Zero
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by iamdjizzy: 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
wandevincent: YES

U quote d whole tin jzt to say 'YES'?? Wat nonsence
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Noneroone(m): 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
No ask me this kain question again

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by fijiano202(m): 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
am not trying to mock anybody or team,am just starting the obvious,Some nigerian fans are really delusional,why would they use the uefa champ lge of 2002 to give award in 2013,secondly do u remeber 2012/2013 was a year to forget for chelsea,starting the league as European champions but not qualifying in an embarassing manner by setting a new Record as 1st champions to be eliminated in the group stage although winning the uefa cup is a morale booster but Moses Perfomance in the league and uefa cup is better than mikel and this may be a big hiccup for mikel due to the fact that people hardly watch europa cup around the world due to UCL,so he may not be voted on the uefa cup glory.Secondly CAF POTY awards winner are voted by captain and coaches and that would be highly influence by individual popularity and performance,Toure is more popular and better than Mikel,am sure some coaches in Africa may not have heard of Mikel or Moses compare to yaya popularity,so i believe its really hard to vote Mikel as winner
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Emisco1(m): 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
B_B013: This Op must be delusional to think mikel worth Africa best player award cos of one goal in seven yrs
u dnt knw hw tin re bin done bro.na per year achievement bro.xo use ds nd judge d bot playas. D only tin dt hurt me is d ojoro dt d votin screw wil do.same ojoro dt handed messi bk dn in 2010. HE NO DESERV AM AT ALL. Bt da use past record nt per yr aspect
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Tolexander: 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
The Super Eagles had an
abysmal performance at the
2013 Confederations Cup held
in Brazil but Mikel, the former
Lyn Oslo of Norway player,
was on the scorer’s sheet in
the 6-1 bashing of little
known Tahiti.
mikel obi didn't score against Tahiti but the only goal against Uruguay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / What’s The Biggest Individual Award Robbery In Sports ? / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Mikel Obi, Iheanacho Arrive Super Eagles Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.