Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures (65582 Views)

Largest Yoruba Settlement In Togo - Atakpame / My Trip From Guangzhou China To Beijing The Capital City Of China / Botswana(gaborone Capital City) In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by promise2(f): 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
azjaponnaisnoir: @ promise2 The market is open all days except sunday,When you get to TOGO boarder after BENIN then take a car and say ASSIGAME market,that's where most of cars stop befor getting to GHANA,if u use ABC transport i think is better because when they reach TOGO their Terminal there is at Assigame market side,and i advice ABC transport for less stress, wink GOOD LUCK,the market is just at the side of the road you used to get to ghana boarder,along the beach wink

Thank you.
Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by gogochocolate: 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
Please forget togo. I went there with my wife for holidays and there was nothing to write about. I planned to spend a week of holidays there but we ran back to naija after 2 days.There is the language barrier and they lack good hotels. We spent over 3 hours looking for hotels . They are lots of beaches but you find lots of miscreants there. If you are planning to work in Togo or hustle, then you are in deep shit . Most of the citizens ride bikes and rickety cabs while the french control the econonmy.

1 Like

Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by Chartey(m): 11:43am On Nov 22, 2013
gogo chocolate: Please forget togo. I went there with my wife for holidays and there was nothing to write about. I planned to spend a week of holidays there but we ran back to naija after 2 days.There is the language barrier and they lack good hotels. We spent over 3 hours looking for hotels . They are lots of beaches but you find lots of miscreants there. If you are planning to work in Togo or hustle, then you are in deep shit . Most of the citizens ride bikes and rickety cabs while the french control the econonmy.
To say they lack good hotels is a lie na. You didn't find decent ones for your budget maybe. They have quite good but a little expensive ones.
See a link to Lomé hotels from TripAdvisor.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293839-Lome_Maritime_Region-Hotels.html
I'd go back to visit Lomé one day.

2 Likes

Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by erico2k2(m): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2013
dasparrow:

@Bolded

Why will you reside in Togo illegally? There is nowhere you will go to in this world were illegal immigrants are treated nicely and welcomed with open arms. Nowhere I tell you. Be it Europe, America, Asia, Africa, etc. If you however make sure your paper issue is sorted out and you are there legally, then no one will just yank you off the streets and throw you in jail. You must keep in mind that other countries are not like Nigeria were anything goes and where foreigners can come here and get employment even though they don't have the legal papers/work permit to do so. In Nigeria we don't know who is who and we don't keep records like we should. Hence, anyone can come to Nigeria and live and work without any disturbance from the authorities. Outside Nigeria though, the story is different so be sure to follow protocol and get the necessary residence permit to reside peacefully in the country of your choice.
I dont mean to dis you but, Im just replying cos of the bolded you hilighted there, can you plz xplain to me how a Nigerian would live in Togo Illegally?
Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by erico2k2(m): 7:53am On Nov 24, 2013
Dis Guy: Looks like a nice place to have a break from the Lagos hustle
Now that should be the only reason for visiting such places lolBREAK
Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by erico2k2(m): 7:54am On Nov 24, 2013
Ayomax:
u must be blind.
Dont you think such statement is Ignorant??
Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by erico2k2(m): 7:57am On Nov 24, 2013
cupid4ig: and so? Why dont nigeria do the same and give us electricity? Why do u people hate so much, gush. Yes u are richer than they but they are more certisfied than u.
Cos we are 200M and counting, full of corrupt people and visionless leaders, but who are the real leaders of our lives,= Me and U, so endolge in wealth creativity, stop blaming people and do your bit.I have.
Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by Kolajunior: 12:52am On Dec 03, 2013
I am really surprised about what people are saying here about Togo. How can you say Togo produce housemaids whereas nigerians women are known to be prostitutes abroad? I prefer Housemaid than prostitute. Togo is having the same problem as nigeria I mean corruption.
In 10 years Togo will be one of the best country in West africa wait and see. What Nigeria is going to do when the oil run out?
Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by dasparrow: 10:11am On Dec 03, 2013
erico2k2:
I dont mean to dis you but, Im just replying cos of the bolded you hilighted there, can you plz xplain to me how a Nigerian would live in Togo Illegally?

If you don't have permanent residency in Togo and you just go there and start living there indefinitely, then you are breaking the law. Togo is part of ECOWAS and I understand that. However, ECOWAS does not operate like the European union. Citizens who are from EU member states can live and work legally in any of the EU countries. This is sadly not the case with ECOWAS member states. Yes, we can travel to other ECOWAS nations without a visa and I believe you can stay there for up to 3 months. After that, you must leave. If you are looking to live in any of the ECOWAS nations permanently, then you must apply for work authorization or permanent residency. If you don't, then you become illegal in the country and if found, you could be deported.
Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by azjaponnaisnoir(m): 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
That's bullshit talk i've read since last time i logged in abbeg

Nigeria secutity= 4.5/10 TOGO security = 8/10

NIGERIA Water Supply= 4/10 TOGO water supply= 9/10

NIGERAI Light Supply= 3/10 TOGO light Supply= 8/10

These are the most important shits that lead to development cheesy

Botswan is one of the strongest economy in africa; have a look on their cities; u don't need fuchen sky.... to know taht this is a developpin' coutry or nt u just have to look at how many people live an average lifestyle

As an african man my first prayer is to see the west african countries(ecowas) come up in the next year with one of the best economy in africa and a real fucken solidarity; no war

U just styin' here talkin' bullshit instead of u lookin' for a best union among all of us; blind patriots embarassed SOORY FOR U

TOGO classified as 67th most peaceful country in the world and 9th in africa when Nigeria is classified as 148th peaceful country for 162 nations on earth
When mauritus and botswana the strongest economies of africa are classified 21st and 32 th respectively. where i am goin' to is let u know even with much natural ressources as botswana and mauritus we can be peacefull areas cool Get me right WITHOUT PEACE nothin' is possible

3 Likes

Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by solomon111(m): 10:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
lol.
Even togo sef dey grade us.
Nigeria don suffer.

1 Like

Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by azjaponnaisnoir(m): 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
Lol i ain't gradind anybody lol cheesy
Re: Lomé - Capital City Of Togo pictures by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 30, 2018
how person fit enter togo legally ...stay there for years legally abeg ?

hows their tution fees like ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South African Man Wakes Up To Find A Lion In His Yard / Kuri Wakko Dunes In Yobe State: This Is Not Dubai But Nigeria (Photo) / South Africa Frustrates Evacuation, Arrests Home-bound Nigerians At Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.