Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP (1921 Views)

More Looting Going On At NNPC Under Buhari Than Jonathan - Report / Goodluck Jonathan New Year Message To Nigerians / This Buhari's Tweet On Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan Has Got Everyone Talking(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by mcfynest(m): 7:15am On Sep 28, 2013
The Chairman of the New Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje, has condemned the rape of the country’s economy by the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan administration.He said that despite claims to the contrary by the government in a futile bid to deceive Nigerians, the overwhelming evidence was that the Nigerian economy had been run aground and was now comatose.An online agency, Sahara reporters, said the assertions werecontained in a statement issued by the faction in Abuja, and signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Chukwuemeka Eze.It drew attention to the massive scale of officially-induced oil theft, the dwindling returns from oil and massive looting going on at the federal level as evidence that Nigeria was on the brink of economic collapse.“One manifestation of this is the Federal Government’s inability to pay states their share of the Federal Allocation since July. The last time that states were paid was for part of July.”Baraje further noted that the arrears had continued to mount daily. “As at today, the states are being owed N336 bn, with the N75bn being the balance of the July2013 arrears, N121 bn from June augmentation and over N90bn as July augmentation.“The implication of this unfortunate development is that the 36 states have become impoverished and unable to meet up with basic obligations, includingthe payment of workers’ monthly salaries, which many of the states have been unable to do due to lack of funds.”The New PDP added that the stateshad also been unable to meet theirobligation to contractors, a scenario that is complemented by the growing rate of unemployment,which presently hovers around 80 per cent.“Let us ponder this: If states cannotpay their contractors – not to talk of entering into new contracts – if states cannot pay their workers because there is no money to pay them, what could result is a huge social catastrophe that will add to the social, economic and political inferno already ravaging Nigeria today.“All these portend very grave danger for our dear country as youth and labour restiveness appears imminent.”The party warned Nigerians to expect deterioration in the unemployment situation which is inevitable should the Federal Government continue with the present shoddy management of the economy which leaves much room for abuse.“Ironically, while the masses suffer, government officials continue to feed fat, using various guises to fritter away our common patrimony,” Baraje said, adding that Nigerian leaders’life of opulence had blinded them to the realities of the monumental suffering to which the masses werebeing subjected on a daily basis.“Where has all the money gone? For an instance, the Central Bank of Nigeria had revealed that the country earned a total of N1.05 trn in July, but surprisingly, the minister had not been able to pay states their due statutory allocations. Where are the billions of dollars accruable from daily crude oil sales?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2815118575

pls make una tell me.....CAN A SNAKE GIVE BIRTH TO A DOVE

POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK

Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by bloggernaija: 7:28am On Sep 28, 2013
No new story here.
JOnathan's destiny is to bankrupt the country-Tunde Bakare

4 Likes

Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 28, 2013
Rebels, thievies, deserters, Bigots! Now they have the welfare of Nigerians upmost in their heart.

4 Likes

Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by grafikii: 7:30am On Sep 28, 2013
Someone is destined to bankrupt this nation,

3 Likes

Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by fasho01(m): 7:32am On Sep 28, 2013
Though true bt isn't Baraje & members of d nPDP not part of them

I wonder when all the looting & corruption will end cry
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by Danhumprey: 7:40am On Sep 28, 2013
Na today Abeg! E don happen since. We know the economy has already gone bankrupt. We are just living on borrowed time.

1 Like

Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by geeez: 7:53am On Sep 28, 2013
And you keep hearing of growth growth growth

What does it take to reduce inflation? Easy ... Reduce cash in circulation (sell TBs)
What does it take to strengthen your currency against the dollar? Easy ... Reduce imports or increase exports or both
What does it take to increase your GDP? Not easy ... Increase local production (Only happening in Kaduna, Lagos, Osun, Ogun)
What does it take to increase IGR? Not easy ... Increase taxes or reduce corruption or stimulate your local economy (Only happening in Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Enugu and Osun)

What does it take to increase per capita? Easy ... Increase minimum wage but inflation would rise

Apart from the items in red which is not happening in Nigeria except in those states listed, 'growing' an economy not rocket science

1 Like

Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 28, 2013
We already know...waiting to employ my power come 2015 #TeemAPC
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by Confusionist(m): 8:09am On Sep 28, 2013
geeez: And you keep hearing of growth growth growth

What does it take to reduce inflation? Easy ... Reduce cash in circulation (sell TBs)
What does it take to strengthen your currency against the dollar? Easy ... Reduce imports or increase exports or both
What does it take to increase your GDP? Not easy ... Increase local production (Only happening in Kaduna, Lagos, Osun, Ogun)
What does it take to increase IGR? Not easy ... Increase taxes or reduce corruption or stimulate your local economy (Only happening in Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Enugu and Osun)

What does it take to increase per capita? Easy ... Increase minimum wage but inflation would rise

Apart from the items in red which is not happening in Nigeria except in those states listed, 'growing' an economy not rocket science
just wen i tot ASSU is on strike undecided and there is no economics class...grin
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by mekaboy(m): 8:10am On Sep 28, 2013
Massive looting under gej, who are those doing the looting if not the new PDP? Why are they asking gej to stop efcc from investigating them as one of their conditions? They think they can deceive nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by Gbawe: 8:11am On Sep 28, 2013
bloggernaija: No new story here.
JOnathan's destiny is to bankrupt the country-Tunde Bakare

The corruption and fiscal irresponsibility GEJ is supervising is so mind-boggling, only a fool or a dishonest person will not agree that Bakare's statement is entirely plausible given what we are all witnessing.

1 Like

Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by Brimmie(m): 8:14am On Sep 28, 2013
Gbawe:

The fiscal irresponsibility of the man is so mind-boggling, only a fool or a dishonest person will not agree that Bakare's statement is entirely plausible given what we are all seeing .

Spot on bruh!
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by geeez: 8:18am On Sep 28, 2013
Confusionist: just wen i tot ASSU is on strike undecided and there is no economics class...grin

My banking experience though I studied Engineering

Was never an economist but I think I can take an Economics class
grin

1 Like

Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:23am On Sep 28, 2013
I went to Niger state some weeks back, i was shocked to see countless numbers of dirty children roaming the street begging. I remembered the governor of Niger state, Babangida Aliyu, i did not see any meaningfull development in d state except big billboards adverticing the chief servant. Why they want EFCC to visit them?
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:24am On Sep 28, 2013
I went to Niger state some weeks back, i was shocked to see countless numbers of dirty children roaming the street begging. I remembered the governor of Niger state, Babangida Aliyu, i did not see any meaningfull development in d state except big billboards adverticing the chief servant. Why they don't want EFCC to visit them?
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by shidof(m): 8:31am On Sep 28, 2013
corruption is @ it's prime nd it's also very glaring under GEJ regime. Dt's surely undisputable nd it's only som pple dt ve been blindfolded dt wn't see d corruption, bt wat d difference btw d formal nd d new PDP. May god save nigeria frm being totally bankrupt.
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by Ngwakwe: 8:32am On Sep 28, 2013
I need someone to analyse and differentiate these Tunde Bakare's quotes/articles

NB: Personally, I'm of the opinion that APC is far better than nPDP

Tunde Bakare: Jonathan's destiny is to bankrupt the country

The founder of Latter Rain Assemblies Pastor Tunde Bakare said that the new APC members are not pure and progressive as they claim to be and he said 'THEY ARE A BUNCH OF LOSERS'

The former running mate to General Buhari blasts the member of All Progressives Congress calling them bunch of looters even saying some are even richer than their states after it
was looted dry by them.

When asked if he he will participate in 2015 elections he replied 'With who? The collection of rogues, right, left and centre?'

He further said who are the progressives? taking you where?

If the devil becomes a pastor, Nigerians will attend his church, because they don't know the true church and they cannot distinguish it from the synagogue of satan.
Some of these governors are far richer than their states, because they are looting their states dry.

Well 2015 is the main point...

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/09/APC-are-all-losers.html
Tunde Bakare:
Jonathan's destiny is to bankrupt the country
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 28, 2013
geeez: What does it take to increase your GDP? Not easy ... Increase local production (Only happening in Kaduna, Lagos, Osun, Ogun)
What does it take to increase IGR? Not easy ... Increase taxes or reduce corruption or stimulate your local economy (Only happening in Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Enugu and Osun)[/color]

Ehn,no South Eastern states are included? This is pure marginalization! Do u hate the most industrious people in Africa? The Nigerian Jews? Why are we not included in this list of us?! Why do you hate us even though we develop everywhere we go to because we're hardworking and our hosts are usually a bunch of unbelievably lazy people?

1 Like

Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by obyrich(m): 8:43am On Sep 28, 2013
The most dangerous weapons opposition can use to bring down your government are a dissatisfied labour force and an army of jobless and restive youths. Unfortunately Nigeria has these in abundance. Just a spark of fire by the opposition and the nation will boil. Jonathan please declare a state of emergency on education and youth development and unemployment now. You are more secured when your subjects, friends and relatives are well fed, healthy and are busy working than by piling billions in an offshore account or building mansions everywhere on the globe. Doomsday is imminent. These people are more than a breakaway faction. Stop the frequent banquet in Aso rock. Get down to work. Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by Confusionist(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2013
geeez:

My banking experience though I studied Engineering

Was never an economist but I think I can take an Economics class
grin
grin i need a smiley for 'thumbs up'
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by obyrich(m): 9:01am On Sep 28, 2013
Maybe the looting is in preparation for a break up. Who knows what secret plans our leaders are hatching. I weep for Nigeria- a country not loved by its people. An ophan in the comity of nations. A country so hated by its brothers and constantly embarrassed by the lack of filial love amongst its children.
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by mcfynest(m): 9:04am On Sep 28, 2013
kingoflag: Ehn,no South Eastern states are included? This is pure marginalization! Do u hate the most industrious people in Africa? The Nigerian Jews? Why are we not included in this list of us?! Why do you hate us even though we develop everywhere we go to because we're hardworking and our hosts are usually a bunch of unbelievably lazy people?

YOU PEOPLE AND TRIBALISM.... MUST YOU TRIBALIZE A NON SENTIMENTAL OPINION.....AND WHY ARE YOU DERAILING THE THREAD

JA DANU JOOR
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by mu2sa2: 9:06am On Sep 28, 2013
obyrich: The most dangerous weapons opposition can use to bring down your government are a dissatisfied labour force and an army of jobless and restive youths. Unfortunately Nigeria has these in abundance. Just a spark of fire by the opposition and the nation will boil. Jonathan please declare a state of emergency on education and youth development and unemployment now. You are more secured when your subjects, friends and relatives are well fed, healthy and are busy working than by piling billions in an offshore account or building mansions everywhere on the globe. Doomsday is imminent. These people are more than a breakaway faction. Stop the frequent banquet in Aso rock. Get down to work. Be wise.
You are right. But the power of dissatisfied labour and jobless youth can only be utilized where elections reflect the votes cast. But alas in Nigeria elections are rigged. Pdp in particular has perfected the rigging of election - even soldiers are now co-opted. Gej does not give a damn about the strength of dissatisfied labour and jobless youth because in 2015 pdp will "surprise" nigerians at the poll and their parleys on the Bench will play ball as usual and give judicial thump up to the electoral shenanigan. Consequences this time around? Well, time will tell.
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by ikweremilitant: 9:13am On Sep 28, 2013

for ur mind u don write masterpiece
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by mcfynest(m): 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2013
ikwere militant: for ur mind u don write masterpiece

hahahahaha.....abeg free the banker o
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by gratiaeo(m): 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
What i see hear is toothless Bulldog backing. Nigerians will be so foolish to believe this good 4 nothing, wicked and dirty goro chewy Baraje.
Tell me, is the states govern by those 7 prodigal governors better than others? PDP is wicked not even GEJ but the party as a whole, we ll not be deceive with "vote GEJ and not the party" antics again.
If we decide to kick them out we kick both old, new and unborn...
St.upid morons!
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by mcfynest(m): 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2013
IS IT JUST ME HOPE YOU GUYS REMEMBER THAT SONG SANG DURING OBASANJO AND ATIKU'S CAMPAIGN....

obasanjo and atiku will take us to that promise land..... 2013 and we still in eygpt.......when are my people going to leave undecided
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by Aedesmuskeeto: 10:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
kingoflag: Ehn,no South Eastern states are included? This is pure marginalization! Do u hate the most industrious people in Africa? The Nigerian Jews? Why are we not included in this list of us?! Why do you hate us even though we develop everywhere we go to because we're hardworking and our hosts are usually a bunch of unbelievably lazy people?
bros for 1ce give tribalism a break.. Anyway, enugu dey there na...
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by gerald09(m): 11:43pm On Sep 28, 2013

I respect ur contribution and I agree with ur words but if u actually fink dese dudes actually gives a f*uck about Nigerians and d suffering den dude u 1 gullible individual. The only reason they are here ryt now complaining bitterly is just cos greed in there circle has cut up with them and they have bin fighting GEJ for there own personal interest nufin else. When dey talk about corruption in government dey don't mean it d way u n I mean it what he is saying is "GEJ God punish u, u no won give us our own cut from the loot, and u won make EFCC arrange our fu*ck up" "I go show u say we still get silly Nigerian dat will buy our BS."

1 Like

Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by hopilo: 4:15am On Sep 29, 2013
We have massive looting ooo and is so evident in Niger,Rivers,Adamawa,Jigawa,Sokoto,Kwara and Kano states, they are bankrupt already. That is why the fight is to stop EFCC from doing their constitutionally empowered role.
Re: Massive Looting Going On Under Jonathan- NEW PDP by slimfit1(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2013
Get out this man is it the first time they are doing it because it's not reaching you to destabilise the country you are now shouting stupid man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Governor So Far Since This Year 2013. / Disgusting Quote I Read Today / Breaking News... Yobe On Fire!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.