Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? (2236 Views)

If Jesus Is Called The Son Of God, Do You Think That Makes Him God? / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / What Did God Do For You In 2009? Share Your Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

wrong.

Pantheist do not believe creator. Universe is God and nothing create it. Energy is God....cant be destroy or created.

I call fela kuti my idol/god.....does that mean I worship fela?

I never said Pantheists believe in a creator.

@bold, Depends on the type of worship you're talking about. Worship means different things so you could actually be worshipping fela without knowing it.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Dear friends on Nairaland ,
for the time being i have found an incredible peace of mind by becoming AGNOSTIC. I am coming from a Christian background and there were just too many unanswered or unanswerable questions.

I believe man must never abandon his reasoning capabilities . Yet our Pentecostalism daily demands this of us. This also holds true for the other forms of religion .

Now i am convinced our present construct of god is either faulty or totally untrue . I have finally found true happiness .

whao, omo odua are now awaken.

Let me say cuz I sense you yoruba......'ti iya ba bi eni, o ye ka tun ara eni bi'

This doesn't mean you have to die for you to be born again...... You born to environment which programme your mentality.....you need to awake and self conscious.

Omo iya mi..... Enjoy your freedom
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2013
NL member:

I never said Pantheists believe in a creator.

@bold, Depends on the type of worship you're talking about. Worship means different things so you could actually be worshipping fela without knowing it.

Yes....i worship my parent, ancestors and my system. The brain, eye, tongue, ear to my toe. I respect all and admire all. Thats is nature for you.

From the fela context......does it mean fela created the world, eternal and/or omni? Is god in that context wrong and failed?

Do you agree to God in that context or you atheistic to it?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
From the fela context......does it mean fela created the world, eternal and/or omni? Is god in that context wrong and failed?

I'm atheistic to it.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
NL member:

I'm atheistic to it.

thanks but why?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Javanian: 1:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Dear friends on Nairaland ,
for the time being i have found an incredible peace of mind by becoming AGNOSTIC. I am coming from a Christian background and there were just too many unanswered or unanswerable questions.

I believe man must never abandon his reasoning capabilities . Yet our Pentecostalism daily demands this of us. This also holds true for the other forms of religion .

Now i am convinced our present construct of god is either faulty or totally untrue . I have finally found true happiness .

You are just few steps away from becoming an Atheist, most people coming from strong theist background take this path, don't worry, you would get there. Right now, your mind is still feeble cheesy

Welcome to truth cool
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

thanks but why?

This is how you described that concept of god;

FOLYKAZE:

Eternal omnificent/omnipresent etc conflict with each other. A god cannot be eternal and omnipotent because to be omnificent means it should be able to uncreate itself or make itself un-eternal/ungodly/powerless etc and the moment it does that it stops being a god.

Such a being cannot exist.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: A troll. cheesy
a pain in the butttongue

That doesnt justify you being an atheist or not..if you dont believe in a god or gods or a diety then you are an atheist and vice versa...
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
NL member:

This is how you described that concept of god;

Eternal omnificent/omnipresent etc conflict with each other. A god cannot be eternal and omnipotent because to be omnificent means it should be able to uncreate itself or make itself un-eternal/ungodly/powerless etc and the moment it does that it stops being a god.

Such a being cannot exist.

wrong....this is my post:

FOLYKAZE:
From the fela context......does it mean fela created the world, eternal and/or omni ? Is god in that context wrong and failed?

I asked a question and didn't really say fela is....

You only show you want to disbelief in Anthropomorphical God......deal with the context
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by johncheekin(m): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
Pls i need answer to this... A person who has no religion but believe there is God. Or Creator of the Universe called?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
johncheekin: Pls i need answer to this... A person who has no religion but believe there is God. Or Creator of the Universe called?

Theist
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by MrTroll(m): 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
Alfa is a satanist who belief satan is his master but doesn't accept satan exist.....pantheist have believe. where are you going to tag Jain pls?
Tag them how? I don't understand the question?

Yoruba God are philosophical and you can understand it spiritually. Note, allegory and tales were attributed to it but I dont think we should look at the surface of it.

I have explained that Ifa literally mean body of knowledge.

Ogun is Iron

Sango is electric energy

Eshu is mere intuition. Nothing more, nothing less.

I dont believe in those stuff because I already know them. Adding, I dont believe in supernatural, everything I see in nature is super enough. The question should be do I have explaination for everything in nature? Nope I dont but wont deny things happen and im skeptical into knowing about why, how, what and if things happen.
are you saying the yoruba gods are actually abstract concepts and not actual spiritual deities?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by MrTroll(m): 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2013
joel lala:

That doesnt justify you being an atheist or not..if you dont believe in a god or gods or a diety then you are an atheist and vice versa...
Not really. I'm not atheist. I'm at the default position. . . Figure it out.wink
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: Tag them how? I don't understand the question?

Atheist or theist or pagan or agnostics

are you saying the yoruba gods are actually abstract concepts and not actual spiritual deities?

From my knowledge.....orisa are not monsters. Check my previous post, I explained orisa to Logicboy..... Consciousness is not monster.

We are mistaking spirituality for religion. The angle you looking things from is religion.....

Figure things out
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

wrong....this is my post:
I asked a question and didn't really say fela is...
You only show you want to disbelief in Anthropomorphical God......deal with the context

I only show I want to 'disbelief' in the anthropomorphic god?
So who do I want to show it to? You?
What makes you think I am interested in showing my disbelief to you or anyone in this thread?

You didn't ask the question clear enough so I answered based on what I thought you were trying to ask. I am not trying to show you anything.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2013
NL member:

I only show I want to 'disbelief' in the anthropomorphic god?
So who do I want to show it to? You?
What makes you think I am interested in showing my disbelief to you or anyone in this thread?

You didn't ask the question clear enough so I answered based on what I thought you were trying to ask. I am not trying to show you anything.

Erm.....you lost on me.

The first paragraph of my previous post was trying to define your position.....it work fine.

The second paragraph was picturing if you understand the term 'God' in the fela context and it evalute your stances (atheistic or not).

Here is the definition of God from http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/god

1. a supernatural being, who is worshipped as the controller of some part of the universe or some aspect of life in the world or is the personification of some forcerelated adjective divine

2. an image, idol, or symbolic representation of such a deity

3. any person or thing to which excessive attention is given e.g money was his god....fela is my god

4. a man who has qualities regarded as making him superior to other men

5. in plural the gallery of a theatre

^^^^ I know you are atheistic to definition 1 and 2. God in fela context is definition 3 and 4.

Do you agree on definition 3 and 4 in fela context and are you atheistic to definition 3 and 4?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by onetrack(m): 2:15pm On Sep 28, 2013
I categorically reject theistic gods of every religion.

Though I lack belief in it, I can accept the idea of a pantheistic god. Everything else to me seems unreasonable.

1 Like

Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
onetrack: I categorically reject theistic gods of every religion.

Though I lack belief in it, I can accept the idea of a pantheistic god. Everything else to me seems unreasonable.

I give you all my respect......

You make me remember this quote...smiley"Theist and Atheist: The fight between them is as to whether God shall be called God or shall have some other name" -Samuel Butler

Im proud to be God.....for whoever understand what God mean in that context, good for them.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2013
^^^^ I know you are atheistic to
definition 1 and 2. God in fela context is
definition 3 and 4.
Do you agree on definition 3 and 4 in fela
context and are you atheistic to definition
3 and 4?

Based on those definitions, I do not believe fela was a god.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: Not really. I'm not atheist. I'm at the default position. . . Figure it out.wink

Well, only a dead person can actually be reset to that default position and we all knw that you aint dead...so you are either an atheist or a believer..simple
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
NL member:

Based on those definitions, I do not believe fela was a god.

which definition? Be specific pls....i mean number what and what
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
which definition? Be specific pls....i mean number what and what
I am talking about 3 and 4
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2013
NL member:
I am talking about 3 and 4

I do not ask you to believe in God as in fela context.....definition 3 and 4 doesn't inquire you to believe.

The question again is do you agree to that context or you atheistic to it?
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I do not ask you to believe in God as in fela context.....definition 3 and 4 doesn't inquire you to believe.

The question again is do you agree to that context or you atheistic to it?

Please explain to me what it means to be atheistic to definitions 3 and 4.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by UyiIredia(m): 3:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
My deism allows for God as the sustainer of the universe. The deism you describe is classical deism. Modern deism is mire nuanced.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
NL member:

Please explain to me what it means to be atheistic to definitions 3 and 4.

Epic.....we are on same page.

Want to know if you are nihilist like logicboy who ignorantly claim he is atheist.

Want to know if you are atheist because the word God doesn't sound logical and rational.

I agree you are atheist as im atheist too.

(watch your back before team nairaland atheist bark at you)

Thanks
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2013
Uyi Iredia: My deism allows for God as the sustainer of the universe. The deism you describe is classical deism. Modern deism is mire nuanced.

Thanks for the elaboration....
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by plaetton: 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

nairaland sha....i remember someone called me agnostic, wiegraf called me theist, pagan9ja called me pagan and you calling me pantheist.......lol......remember I told you im evolving? When I embrace yoruba spirituality, I know what it is.....I dont believe

Yeah. An evolving mind accepts and evaluates all ideas.
Once your mind is free from bondage, you can incorporate and put in proper perspective all aspects of critical and constructive thought.

1 Like

Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by plaetton: 3:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
FOLYKAZE: The word God has been complex term that can have more than one meaning or conception. This term particularly has made debate lost it pole when especially the concept of God discussed is not defined.
"What is the definition of God?" For a person to say there is no God, he should know what is the meaning of God. If I hold a book and say that ‘this is a pen’, for the opposite person to say, ‘it is not a pen’, he should know what is the definition of a pen, even if he does not know nor is able to recognise or identify the object I am holding in my hand. For him to say this is not a pen, he should at least know what a pen means. Similarly for an atheist to say ‘there is no God’, he should at least know the concept of God.

-In theism, God is the creator and sustainer of the universe. Here we have anthropomorphic God, animism, monotheism, polytheism.....adding, Concept of God is different among them all.

- In deism, God is the creator (but not the sustainer) of the universe.

- In pantheism, God is the universe itself. It totality of Energy and force....God is all.

- In the dictionary, God could mean admiration like I do call Fela my Idol or God....this doesn't mean he created the world or I worship him....

- Metaphorical concept of God....some do not believe in God, but only used the word "God" as a metaphor. Its similar to the way that LaVeyan Satanists believe about Satan.

I raised this issue because some people are losing count on me probably because they dont understand my concept of God and applications in discussion. The nineteenth-century English atheist Charles Bradlaugh declared that he refused to say "There is no God", because "the word 'God' is to me a sound conveying no clear or distinct affirmation"; he said more specifically that he disbelieved in the Christian concept of God.

What concept of God do you disbelief in?

The unfortunate thing with human nature is fact that we love to compartmentalize our worldview. in other words, once we call or identify ourselves with this or that -ism, then we become hostage to that box.

That is why one born into and identified as christian or muslim, will fight tooth and nail to defend every situation from that particular worldview irrespective of the circumstances.
Likewise, physicist would also tend to view the universe from a purely physics point of view.
Most atheists would never ever contemplate what are called spiritual phenomena simply because an atheist is not supposed to talk about , let alone believe in such stuff.

Personally, I think a liberated mind should be ready to consider all possibilities, including mysteries that rational mainstream science has not addressed itself to.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2013
plaetton:

The unfortunate thing with human nature is fact that we love to compartmentalize our worldview. in other words, once we call or identify ourselves with this or that -ism, then we become hostage to that box.

That is why one born into and identified as christian or muslim, will fight tooth and nail to defend every situation from that particular worldview irrespective of the circumstances.
Likewise, physicist would also tend to view the universe from a purely physics point of view.
Most atheists would never ever contemplate what are called spiritual phenomena simply because an atheist is not supposed to talk about , let alone believe in such stuff.

Personally, I think a liberated mind should be ready to consider all possibilities, including mysteries that rational mainstream science has not addressed itself to.

kedu kodi bra

this deserve post of the year.

Most atheist here think because im attaching the word 'spiritual, god, traditional belief and philosophy' then im theist and tend to bark at me at any angle even without understanding bit on any of term.

I have seen you on one thread arguing concerning extraterrestial but some close minded folks will nail you without understanding or questioning where you are driving at.

Most atheist on this forum are 'professional atheist' as einstein tagged them who are not ready to explore world after Abrahamic theology.

They are versed in insulting dogmatism and fallacy in theism maybe because atheism to them look like shield of been called intelligent person.

Thanks for your objectivity.
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by MrTroll(m): 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2013
joel lala:

Well, only a dead person can actually be reset to that default position and we all knw that you aint dead...so you are either an atheist or a believer..simple
lol. False Dichotomy. Anyway, i'm not interested in impressing you or anybody so if you think default position means dead then good for you.tongue
Re: Atheist.....what Concept Of God Do You Disbelief? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mr Troll: lol. [b]False Dichotomy. [/b]Anyway, i'm not interested in impressing you or anybody so if you think default position means dead then good for you.tongue

Ok, to the bolded

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thou Shall Laugh / The Bible Said Jesus Is Liable To Hell Fire / How Sure Are You that God exists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.