Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? (57997 Views)

Job For People With Phone Cameras And Internet Connectivity / Discover A World Of People Empowering People With Gnld / Which Of The Military And Paramilitary Is Highly Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by kokoye(m): 7:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
Stability ....perhaps ??
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
bad meat: Because flat footed people slip easily,grin
what have u said now that's funny n making u laugh

2 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by stitcheD(m): 7:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
johnemeka: The simple answer is that there is a vein that passes through that curved area and the millitary boot is desinged with that curve.If you have straigth footh,the curve in the boot will constrict or block that vein and make it defficult for blood circulation.when one is on parrade the heart tends to pump faster to push More blood for metarbonism to take place for energy release to carry out action.
Anyone with flat foot will not survilve millitary because once he stays long standing or on parrade with the boot he will feel dizziness and will faint.
During my NYSC service I learnt about this from the Nigerian Red Cross society.this is why any time someone faints, you are adviced to remove the foot wear,belt,cap,loosen up the cloth.
Enjoy!!!
Stop writing BS
It has to do with the arches of the foot and weight distribution.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by ilias14(m): 7:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
All of you are right but the botton line is, anyone flat-foot can't stand morethan the required on parade ground, and if you dought it try and stand for like six hours.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by stephano100(m): 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
zada: @All, jus as DOTTMON said it is generally believed that those with flat foot find it difficult as to standing upright for hours. And I must say the Army does more parade than any other military arms, I have withness cases were soldiers drop down while on the parade line up. If any of u can visit any Army passing out parade or ceremonies and u will see how long they remain standing on the parade. And if I must say why ur friend has flat foot and he is in the navy is simply because things have ova time changed and besides that, people cut corners to training without going thru screening.
hmm no wonder my guy's broda was dropped frm NDA because of flat foot,d guy ws sad sha,bt nw he's in NDU.

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Flat head nka?
Flay nyash nko?
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Swiftlee(m): 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
Larai Boluwaji:
Flay nyash nko?
You are eligible, but you cant join the Navy..boat can capside, cos of the o_o

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by AreaFada2: 8:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
NnamdiN: what is flat foot abeg
Pes planus in medical speak.

The arch of the foot is nearly absent in some people or much flatter.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by claremont(m): 8:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
I don't know how things work in the Nigerian Army, but for the British Army, flat feet does not make an applicant unsuitable for military service. The Army would issue specially designed boots and trainers for those with flat feet to help address any difficulties they may have with running or walking with weight.

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by babymillenium(f): 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Kevsman: but i no believe that thing oh
its true. Try wear footwears made 4 ppl wt flatfoot u wil c d difference,its really painful wn u walk wt it
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by mizGene(f): 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
johnemeka: The simple answer is that there is a vein that passes through that curved area and the millitary boot is desinged with that curve.If you have straigth footh,the curve in the boot will constrict or block that vein and make it defficult for blood circulation.when one is on parrade the heart tends to pump faster to push More blood for metarbonism to take place for energy release to carry out action.
Anyone with flat foot will not survilve millitary because once he stays long standing or on parrade with the boot he will feel dizziness and will faint.
During my NYSC service I learnt about this from the Nigerian Red Cross society.this is why any time someone faints, you are adviced to remove the foot wear,belt,cap,loosen up the cloth.
Enjoy!!!

Bros na wah ooo! U r just yarning dust. cryMaybe u didn't pay attention to d lecture. Try to read about the arches of the foot... plus I just can't believe d no of ppl liking the post! shocked

2 Likes

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by eaglechild: 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Enjoy!!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked
My Redeemer liveth!
So nairaland is plagued with ignorant people.
The number of likes is disturbing

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by bigiyaro(m): 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
Don't mind the Nigerian Army with their yeye forming. In the American Army, even if you have flat or curved or straight foot, your IQ will still be tested and they will fit you into the office thats most suitable for your talent. One of the best brain behind the cruise missile, is a lt.Col and he was blind in one eye and can't use his right hand properly.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by tbagjames(m): 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
goat leg: oya ansa this too. y do people wit 'long legs' enter the military without proper screening?
na usain bolt tinz my guy
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by dhtml(m): 8:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
Enjoy!!!
Fantastic!
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by dhtml(m): 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
But lets look at this:
However, three military studies on asymptomatic adults (see section below), suggest that persons with asymptomatic flat feet are at least as tolerant of foot stress as the population with various grades of arch. Asymptomatic flat feet are no longer a service disqualification in the U.S. military.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_feet
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by expressdr84: 8:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
Enjoy!!!
The man who taught u dat in Nigerian red cross did a great disservice and u are boldly broadcasting it on nairaland. Does it make sense to u that constriction of a foot vein can make u faint? Guy where is ur sense?
Flat foot is when an individual lacks the medial longitudinal arch of the foot(inner side of the foot when a normal individual is standing).
Serves as a springboard when u are running.individuals with flat foot , have distorted arrangement of the bones of the foot(tarsals) hence the pain in the foot when standing for long period , early onset osteoarthritis, can never be like usain bolt.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
That kind of foot that when placed on the floor looks like a cobra with expanded flat head grin
The sole of their shoe is always flat on one side
NnamdiN: what is flat foot abeg
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
NDU
Nigerian Defence Union grin grin

Pls don't mind me,tell me what it means
I always want to learn wink

stephano100:
hmm no wonder my guy's broda was dropped frm NDA because of flat foot,d guy ws sad sha,bt nw he's in NDU.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by mkoabiola: 9:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
A pix of a flat foot will illustrate better.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by MyMouth(m): 9:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
ilias14: All of you are right but the botton line is, anyone flat-foot can't stand morethan the required on parade ground, and if you dought it try and stand for like six hours.

And wht d hell do i need to stand for six hours for? does dat make me a galant soldier or would that stop me from diein if i run into a bullet? by d way, do soldiers jus stand on d battle ground or go after d enemy?
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
I just can't stop laughing cheesy
Swiftlee:
Good observation, long legs like; antelop leg, goat leg, horse leg among many legs..cos they run faster. If you have big head you wont be accepted in the airforce*reason* your head is capable of pulling down a jet...so if you have a big head like the op who has a flat feet and the person am quoting who has goat legs..dont bother to apply..gracias obrigaaado!
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
Kevsman: why cant someone with flat foot be in the military? I hav a friend who is in the navy (flat footed) for 5years now, and he is not havin any problems, so how is havin flat feet a broblem in the military, i need ur responds please, lets talk about this
its most likely because they walk like pepeye and can't run fast enough.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
What of people with flat yansh n flat chest
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
Flat feet are feet made with wood from d garden of eden
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by 735i(m): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
@OP ah dunno***spreads hands and shrugs****
Maybe them dey thief too much undecided ...just saying lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Flat-footed people can join the military, I guess. Where is that a rule in joining the military? Please, this is the first time I would be seeing something of this nature that need an answer.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Hmm! Ok.. What about people with body odour, plenty blokos, flat d'ick, hairy azz, elephant ears, google eyes, shark teeth, pot belly, ostrich's neck among others... Pls I need reliable answers, tnks!
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
what about pipu wiv broom legs

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by madenigga2dcore(m): 9:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
its believed even in de police force dat pple wit flat feet leave their footprints heavily when barefooted..... they also can not tiptoe or squat in sum circumstances
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by nagoma(m): 9:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
Enjoy!!!

Misleading explanation. And some people may believe you. The truth is;
Those with flat foot ( pes planus) where the arches of the foot are collapsed are more prone to stress fractures and injuries. They also over pronate while walking or running and consume more energy and are slower. They can be a problem in troop movement.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by kelvin1191(m): 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
Their size of shoes is diffrent and usually bigger and u know say kpomo/kanda (leather) no reach human chop talk more of spending extra on shoes.

My two cowries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? / N-Power Assessment Details: Starts 20th September / UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.