Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? (58031 Views)

Job For People With Phone Cameras And Internet Connectivity / Discover A World Of People Empowering People With Gnld / Which Of The Military And Paramilitary Is Highly Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
Na flat face sweet pass
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by madenigga2dcore(m): 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
in de police force its believd dat ppl wit flat feet wil leav traces of their foot when runnin n will easily be caugt,, a curve feet aids tiptoeing
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by jairusben(m): 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Identify ur type of feet

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by jairusben(m): 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Identify ur foot
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by jairusben(m): 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Identify ur foot
jairus ben: Identify ur type of feet

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by jairusben(m): 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Identify ur foot
jairus ben: Identify ur type of feet

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by nke001: 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
click2cbn: Mine is not flat but i need a "military" godfather
Better get long leg now!
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Adufaye(m): 10:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
If u hv flat foot in ma sch den u won't b in cadet........some tyms u might stand on a spot for 2 long,waiting for CNS wife(chief of naval staff) or FOC (flag office command) and before they will arrived 1 or 2 person might hv faint! Lol! Like d day we were doin POP (passing out parade) we waited for FOC sotey leg begin pain us......( U knw big officer dey always bhv like big officer) na so so fall my colleagues dey fall,especially 1 girl,she no gree give up,afta she don fall like 3times,na 1 snr ratin call her 2 take off her boot,see say na flat foot,tel her 2 go sit down till d man near gate! Mayb because u no go fit stand long,cus wen u stand blood go stop 2 dey flow frm ur foot,as e b say na flat foot,by my retired fada lol
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Garri_Activist: Hmm! Ok.. What about people with body odour, plenty blokos, flat d'ick, hairy azz, elephant ears, google eyes, shark teeth, pot belly, ostrich's neck among others... Pls I need reliable answers, tnks!
And u sat down and typed dis poo. Useless c*nt!
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by dannie007(m): 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
People wit flat foot can't wear a boot for long hours talkless of standing for hours or even standing up right in the parade ground!
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by dannie007(m): 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
People wit flat foot can't wear a boot for long hours or run with the boot during obstacle talkless of standing for hours or even standing up right in the parade ground!
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by FOF4u: 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
God blz NIGERIAN.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by jntyjnty007(f): 10:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
What about if you are disabled, nymphomaniac, boss eyed, one armed lesbian in a wheelchair?
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by jntyjnty007(f): 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Maybe so, but how do you then explain someone who is a long distance runner with flat feet, who has been running 15 miles every day for at least 20 years of their life, and still doing it? Endurance, anything can be overcome, the mind is very powerful.

dannie007: People wit flat foot can't wear a boot for long hours or run with the boot during obstacle talkless of standing for hours or even standing up right in the parade ground!
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by iSpeaknaija: 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Swiftlee:
Good observation, long legs like; antelop leg, goat leg, horse leg among many legs..cos they run faster. If you have big head you wont be accepted in the airforce*reason* your head is capable of pulling down a jet...so if you have a big head like the op who has a flat feet and the person am quoting who has goat legs..dont bother to apply..gracias obrigaaado!
looool,bros laff wan kill me!
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Raypawer(m): 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
even in football, if ur flat footed, u can't play well!!!!!!!!!!!

flat footed people are not always alert, they cant just jump immidieatly, i mean, dem dull

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by SugaryBelle(f): 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ok,so how do i know if i have a flat feet or not?
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Nehemiah459(m): 11:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
Seek ye first Nigeria Politics and ye shall have forces (even witches) at your beck and call.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Mickyboiz: 11:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
Garri_Activist: Hmm! Ok.. What about people with body odour, plenty blokos, flat d'ick, hairy azz, elephant ears, google eyes, shark teeth, pot belly, ostrich's neck among others... Pls I need reliable answers, tnks!
lol... Cnt stp laughin
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by itsmayiela(m): 11:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
Sam0: Pls wat about people with natural open teeth?cos i will like to join the military
No sir, u wont b taken because ur open-teeth makes a natural window for a bullet to pass into ur mouth

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by richs(m): 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
johnemeka: The simple answer is that there is a vein that passes through that curved area and the millitary boot is desinged with that curve.If you have straigth footh,the curve in the boot will constrict or block that vein and make it defficult for blood circulation.when one is on parrade the heart tends to pump faster to push More blood for metarbonism to take place for energy release to carry out action.
Anyone with flat foot will not survilve millitary because once he stays long standing or on parrade with the boot he will feel dizziness and will faint.
During my NYSC service I learnt about this from the Nigerian Red Cross society.this is why any time someone faints, you are adviced to remove the foot wear,belt,cap,loosen up the cloth.
Enjoy!!!
case close NEXT!
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by smoothlips(m): 1:00am On Oct 01, 2013
Kevsman: but i no believe that thing oh
u better believe it..cos it's as true as GEJ is president of Nigeria
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by smoothlips(m): 1:12am On Oct 01, 2013
lakefist: its a big lie even people without flat foot csn still fall i wirnessed it in camp.for me am used to standing for ours with my flatfoot
"csn" "wirnessed". Nawaaaa ooooh! There's a language centre on maryland lagos
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by gogodaye(m): 1:34am On Oct 01, 2013
If my guess is right. I think he is alluding to the Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State.
@peppy luv] NDU
Nigerian Defence Union

Pls don't mind me,tell me what it means
I always want to learn ;
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by zinkish(m): 1:46am On Oct 01, 2013
being in the military is a thing of the mind
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by 247notire(m): 2:07am On Oct 01, 2013
Sam0: Pls wat about people with natural open teeth?cos i will like to join the military
u think ur going there to shine teeth?

1 Like

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by rocka: 2:57am On Oct 01, 2013
dhtml: But lets look at this:

However, three military studies on asymptomatic adults (see section below), suggest that persons with asymptomatic flat feet are at least as tolerant of foot stress as the population with various grades of arch. Asymptomatic flat feet are no longer a service disqualification in the U.S. military.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_feet

You are right. Flat feet was once a disqualifying factor for joining the US Army till post-911 - mass recruitment.

That said, custom orthotics will correct flat-footedness.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by PAPAAFRICA: 6:30am On Oct 01, 2013
Studies analyzing the correlation between flat feet and physical injury in soldiers have been inconclusive, but none suggests that flat feet are an impediment, at least in soldiers who reached the age of military recruitment without prior foot problems. Instead, in this population, there is a suggestion of more injury in high arched feet. A 2005 study of Royal Australian Air Force recruits that tracked the recruits over the course of their basic training found that neither flat feet nor high arched feet had any impact on physical functioning, injury rates or foot health. If anything, there was a tendency for those with flat feet to have fewer injuries.[9] Another study of 295 Israel Defense Forces recruits found that those with high arches suffered almost four times as many stress fractures as those with the lowest arches.[10] A later study of 449 U.S. Navy special warfare trainees found no significant difference in the incidence of stress fractures among sailors and Marines with different arch heights.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Odoemacyril(m): 6:59am On Oct 01, 2013
engroke: Research shows that during the 2nd world war soldiers with flat foot couldn't survive the rigour of long hour parade n standing which causes weakness on part of the whole army I think that is why till date the military no longer consider people with flat foot. For me I don't have a flat foot I did the test myself and I was happy about the outcome I can stand for long provided am not hungry n not sick
hw did u do d test
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Wateron: 7:03am On Oct 01, 2013
johnemeka: The simple answer is that there is a vein that passes through that curved area and the millitary boot is desinged with that curve.If you have straigth footh,the curve in the boot will constrict or block that vein and make it defficult for blood circulation.when one is on parrade the heart tends to pump faster to push More blood for metarbonism to take place for energy release to carry out action.
Anyone with flat foot will not survilve millitary because once he stays long standing or on parrade with the boot he will feel dizziness and will faint.
During my NYSC service I learnt about this from the Nigerian Red Cross society.this is why any time someone faints, you are adviced to remove the foot wear,belt,cap,loosen up the cloth.
Enjoy!!!

Yeah Good explanation bt the idea of removing the shoe of a fainted person in no more in practice as this can result into shock as a result of rapid change in body temperature that result when d feet is cooled down by the atmospheric air .
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Gorrbachev: 7:38am On Oct 01, 2013
Someone said it's a Nazi thing. But there loads of friends in the army and airforce with confirm flat foot.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by aiibee(f): 7:54am On Oct 01, 2013
NnamdiN: Nice explanation up there. I didn't even take the flat foot thingy literally. I thought it meant something extraordinary. Does the army accept guys that wear eye glass

Lmao! this comment is funny :p

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2021/2022 Advert - How To Apply / NDLEA Aptitude Test 2019: Candidates Climb Buildings, Struggle In Kano, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.