Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? (58037 Views)

Job For People With Phone Cameras And Internet Connectivity / Discover A World Of People Empowering People With Gnld / Which Of The Military And Paramilitary Is Highly Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by phlex200(m): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2013
standing forever or not, what I believe Is training. u can do anything so far u have interest. in camp it is those people that u think they are strong fell during parade. I am Who I am, I have flat foot, I have stood for 15hrs before in man 'o' war recruitment without feelings dizzy, so forget. intimidation we condone not
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by Kevsman(m): 9:20am On Oct 01, 2013
phlex200: standing forever or not, what I believe Is training. u can do anything so far u have interest. in camp it is those people that u think they are strong fell during parade. I am Who I am, I have flat foot, I have stood for 15hrs before in man 'o' war recruitment without feelings dizzy, so forget. intimidation we condone not
man 'o' war, ke?
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by mathskill: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2013
Why are people with flat feet not allowed to join the army? Or is it just a myth?
Saul Cohen, London UK
At least in the US and Canadian armies, the answer depends upon the definition of "flat feet". Most feet that could be labeled "flat" are not an impediment but a small proportion (3% of all examined in one study) were so malformed as to disqualify. It may be that discharge for flat feet that is so commonly claimed is actually for other, less socially acceptable reasons.
David Dreaming Bear, Horsethief Canyon, California USA
Those with flat feet are not suited to marching - they can sustain spinal damage. The government may not care if one is killed, but cannot take the chance of anyone's seeking a disability pension.
Elizabeth M, New York City US
Marching requires a heel to toe foot movement that cannot easily be achieved by someone sporting feet akin to Donald Duck! (culled from the guardian uk)
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by paix(m): 9:41am On Oct 01, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Which one is long back?
I think he meant to say long body trunk.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by destinysaid(m): 10:06am On Oct 01, 2013
So flat foot peeps arnt allowed in the military? Good to know, at least iv learned something. ....... Thanks to Seun for putting up a 'deactivate account' button on nairaland, just check ur profile and scroll down to see. He listens to his ppl, unlike a certain GEJ.
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by IME1: 10:13am On Oct 01, 2013
Dollarjunkie: ...We stood for more than 7hours waiting for person that doesn't know we are waiting for him.

hilarious! the dude did not know you all were waiting for him! *memories*
hope he still came sha! lol
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by NnamdiN: 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
aiibee:

Lmao! this comment is funny :p
seriously Im hearing this ish for the first time, didnt know there was anything like it. cheesy
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by zada(m): 2:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
@Claremont@Bigiyaro, how can u compare the British and American Army with the Nigerian Army. In the British Army People are Trained general and With specifics on Area of specialization. But not withstanding they can perform when called upon as normal soldiers. If u r good at engineering,medical,teaching/instructor,driver/supply & Transport,intelligence etc that is how u will be trained in handling the Army technology available to u on the field. There is no room for discrimination, as u may have seen even women are assigned to dangerous places like Afganistan and Iraq cos they are combantantly trained to do so. In Nigeria, otherwise is the case. There is always room for discrimination and fear of liabilities, everyone is trained the same and posted to places beyound their imagination as such some are underutilised for purposes they are better known for. But not in all cases, there is alittle rationality in the NDA (Nigeria Defence Academy) when it comes to posting to the Arms of the Military I.e ARMY, NAVY, AIRFORCE. The British American Army can be on contract terms after wch u can voluntarily disengage to the civil based on the years u want to serve. That is one thing u can't do in the Nigerian Army, u serve for years or even unfortunately many die inthe process of serving for several years. So u cannot compare them atall!
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by FOF4u: 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
itsmayiela:
No sir, u wont b taken because ur open-teeth makes a natural window for a bullet to pass into ur mouth
grin
itsmayiela:
No sir, u wont b taken because ur open-teeth makes a natural window for a bullet to pass into ur mouth
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by FOF4u: 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
Pls hux any idea on how to join d US Army?
Re: People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? by aggiel: 10:14am On Oct 02, 2013
If less height of 5.4m, flat foot, speech impediment,knocked knees, eye defect should be an impediment to joining the military like police, aiforce, navy, army. I don't see why it should be an impediment to joining lastma, VIO, FRSC, civil defence, customs, immigration, except in the case of recruiting field officers. Most of the jobs done by this para-militaries are administrative task, so I don't see why they would advertise jobs for ICT personnels, medical personnels,account officer, and still be measuring chest (ur akpu-obi), checking for height, legs, foot. Sometimes I wonder wat is the major requirement employere look out for when employing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? / NDLEA Aptitude Test 2019: Candidates Climb Buildings, Struggle In Kano, Abuja / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2021/2022 Advert - How To Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.