Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (131999 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Pasca07: 9:24am On Oct 02, 2013
Lukasbalo and dakosta what a lovely post from u.Like i have stated here before no matter how u try to paint america bad,it is still far better than naija,infact 98 percent of nigeria jobless youth in nigeria are ready to leave that useless country.If u are not well connected in nigeria there is nothing for u.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2013
alala dakosta: lol, @ Op. all what u wrote are wrong about america, common i live in america too with my family, ahan wetting its no bad reach that level at all,well the thing is maybe thingz no rossy for u dont use that as a yardstick and generalise. see, wetting i get here i no fit get am for nigeria, no be say i look down on myself o. yoruba pple say" if u cry u go still dey see o"lol. here is my own take on the issue,if u are coming here legally abeg dey come. even u be student just pray u meet the right pple its go dey easy with God.i sabi soooo many nigerians well dey do well here.infact all nigerians wey i sabi dem dey do well. live in big house drive nice car, though they work in pay for it, many of this people no get keke napep for eko ile o.so far wey u dey enjoy the amenities why u no go pay am, u come go snap where disaster happen dey call am yankee, i fear u o. no bad mouth yankee abeg. if its no pay u, them no go hold u for jfk for wanting to relocate to nigeria o. u come dey analise apati say house food debt, omo u go wise up ni, ever since i come yankee if i file tax i go just add like 5k$ join buy nice car, i no carry car note. my aprtment nko na elele i get swinming pool get gym. i dey pay n i dey rnjoy am. if dem say make nigerians dey pay 2k for nepa make light dey dey constant u think say dem no go pay am? the thing be say we too lazy, na short cut we all dey find. omo make i watch flight jare. one life.

You write like this and claim to stay in the US? Seriously? embarassed

12 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 02, 2013
I just wanna sk this questions...

How do Black Americans see 'Nigerian pidgin english' in America?

Do they accept our 'African Ankara attires'

Or do they Bully us Cause i once beat up a black American who came to our Neighbourhood in FESTAC with his mother for a business trip here. Please answer my questions before you scold me. Thanks
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiwuike20: 11:19am On Oct 02, 2013
ozo_emeka: Ok. Not fair if that is PER MONTH. Let's break it down in America. You did not factor differences in cost of living

The salary YEARLY of an OWNER of a CARWASH, say in Dakota (not the car wash guy, the owner) is $24,000 which is $2000 a month. When you take away taxes which are MANDATORY, he comes home with $1487.72 a month which brings his ACTUAL yearly earnings to $17852.64
This is working 40 hours a week

Now the average price of a home in Dakota is $129,700 (that is a very average home) if he rents he will pay $880 a month for a house in a barely decent neighborhood, for $600 he will live in the GHETTO. For $1500 he can live in a "good" neighborhood and from his pay check he can't even afford this.

So let's say he chooses $880 ($1487.72-$880 = $607.72). He gets a haircut say every 2 weeks (mind you people here do all kinds of things to their hair because HAIRCUTS are EXPENSIVE, a regular haircut is $15). The average hair cut in Dakota is $13.81. I will assume this guy REFUSES to cut his hair.

So he has $607.72 he pays his light bills, water bills, sewer bills. $60 for heat/AC, $70 for electric, $25 for sewer, and $60 for water = $215. (the ACTUAL average in Dakota is $225 so you see I am generou here). Now he has $392.72. Then he feeds, let's say he MANAGES and buys FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH:
1 Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) $1.97,
1 Milk (half gallon) - $2.22,
1 crate of eggs $1.54
Chicken Breasts (Boneless, Skinless), (1kg) $4.39
Oil Canola $3.61
Total : $13.73
Plus Taxes on FOOD: 4% (in some states the tax is as high as 10%)
ACTUAL TOTAL: $14.28
Balance: $378.44.
He doesn't own a car and he will pay for the bus to get to work $3.60 daily pass and so for the month $111.60
Balance: $266.84
He doesn't own a phone (that would be $180 for an OLD phone plus $50 a month for the basic plan)
Then he will wear clothes, buy toothpaste ,toothbrush, toilet tissues, soap NOTHING fancy at all. Will buy a bed those cost from $900, $1299 CLEARLY he can't afford this so he will FINANCE and borrow and pay on commission he has to BUY A BED)

At the end of his expenses he has a NEGATIVE balance and is in debt. Which Car wash boy in Nigeria will be in debt?

D general estimate of d expenses revolves around a month's salary. Don't 4get dat one does not buy a fone every month, including a bed and d house rent wch is paid on yearly basis. I observed dat since some of d huge expenses aren't recurring, it gives room 4 surplus of cash d following months.
Shrewd spending and contentment is d solution

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiwuike20: 11:26am On Oct 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
A car washerman in Nigeria probably eats agege bread and akara everyday and does not have the luxury of eating what his mate in America eats or live where his mates elsewhere live. Some of them squat with people whilw those that are lucky live in run down face-me-i-slap-you apartment where Spyrogira is used as lawn and where diseases are distributted evenly which takes them to hospital chemist several times in a year and they could probably die before they clock 60 and you'll start hearing people saying stuff like "I hear say baba iyabo don die. And i see the man yesterday when im dey laugh. Im no be like person wey dey sick". Not knowing that poverty and frustration gave the man an ultimatum which he was unable to meet up with. Abeg, there's no basis for comparism. The poverty in Nigeria can only stop if poverty decides to retire but as long as poverty is hale and hearty, people will keep running to more advanced countries.
Afam, u r really funny! How r u able to speak d truth in a humorous way?

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by alaladakosta(f): 11:35am On Oct 02, 2013
Phema:

mr oga, how do you want me to write? likr wole soyinka? tongue cus i no write big grammer.

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiwuike20: 11:51am On Oct 02, 2013
ozo_emeka: L O L
"doing well" , what exactly do they "do"?

yes I lived in Nigeria for more than 12 years, in those we have lived in a one bedroom, with people, rented, in a duplex, in a bungalow and everything between so I KNOW NIGERIA.

@Afam how Tell me why the car wash boy here won't be frustrated. Mind you all the people he has "debt" with AUTOMATICALLY withdraw from his paycheck before he even sees it. So they claim he makes about 1500 a month YET he sees NOTHING!

Don't even get me started on insurance, without Health Insurance, Good Luck!

How is the Car wash driver "eating like his fellow americans"?? Did you read that LIST

He is buying
1 Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) $1.97,
1 Milk (half gallon) - $2.22,
1 crate of eggs $1.54
Chicken Breasts (Boneless, Skinless), (1kg) $4.39
Oil Canola $3.61

FOR the month, aka 30 days. In Nigeria, the Car wash man can afford to eat "mama put" of at least N200 a day in a month that's N6000 i.e $40
If The SAME car wash TRIES that in America he won't even see rent money for the month. For what the car wash in Nigeria eats for N200 the Car wash man in america will have to pay $14 to EAT the SAME food. N200 is $1.25 and is NOT enough to buy you more than 1 bag of chips. A meal in Mcdonalds the CHEAPEST place to eat, is $6.25 if the car wash guy eats burger (which is not filling btw) everyday and eats ONLY that , then he will spend $190 a month on feeding.

His "american" counterparts are eating in restaurants, going to see movies, taking vacations etc . His pay check CAN NOT afford that.

The price of a BUS trip (ex. Lagos to Enugu) will cost you N15,000 in America. MEANWHILE in Nigeria ekene dili chukwu will take you there for less than N5000

Are you getting the cost of living? So although when you look at the FIGURES it looks WAY BIGGER when you change it to Naira, cost of Living is ridiculously high.

Those who live in NY? Ask them, a bottle of water is almost $8 (AT THE CHEAP PLACES) .. That means to buy a small bottle of water is N1500 ON THE STREET OF LAGOS

U've resolved to distirting of figure and outright lies in order to win d debate. U cant fool anybody. An industrious friend of mine who was not taken seriously his immediate family, migrates to d US thru DVlottery and is doing well. Why don't u take d next flight to naija if US is so hard. Many people castigating d US are those who have done all to get there and were denied. Only showing their frustrations.
Go to d DV thread on nairaland and hear response of DV winner in d US, its always positive and encouraging. They also warn DV winners to beware of immigrants who work tirelessly to dissuade intending immigrants. Hustlers always succeed everywhr

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Lucasbalo(m): 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
chiwuike20:
U've resolved to distirting of figure and outright lies in order to win d debate. U cant fool anybody. An industrious friend of mine who was not taken seriously his immediate family, migrates to d US thru DVlottery and is doing well. Why don't u take d next flight to naija if US is so hard. Many people castigating d US are those who have done all to get there and were denied. Only showing their frustrations.
Go to d DV thread on nairaland and hear response of DV winner in d US, its always positive and encouraging. They also warn DV winners to beware of immigrants who work tirelessly to dissuade intending immigrants. Hustlers always succeed everywhr
. You are correct. All this guys badmouthing America seems like failures to me. Comparing US to Nigeria is like comparing the bigness of an elephant to that of a chicken. Its true someone said a while ago that some people on nairaland are brainstems. While argue with such people ?. Off to my good job I go. Let fools live in the disgusting paradise.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by bodeplot: 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Well I will say a good discussion so far. It is an eye opener for the present and future immigrants, however,I will say everybody has made quite good comments. Well for me,I believe in factors(what will work for u,may not work for me) same as ur broda doing fine in US doesn't guarantee u will, so I will say all depend on God direction for your life. If u r goin to make it in Naija,if u like go to US or d best country in d world,u will still come back here,in contrast,if it is also ur destiny to make it in US,then staying in Nigeria may be bad for u.

In all, I would just say ask for God divine direction for ur life and follow it, then shall all ur crooked ways be made straight..

Cheers fellaz both home n abroad.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
All of you talking here doesn't really understand what the OP is talking about, Take a month vacation outside Nigeria and you will understand that if you cant survive in Nigeria you might not survive anywhere.

The OP is not saying you shouldn't come to the USA rather he is telling you FACTS on ground whether you like it or not the OP is saying the truth, Take a months vacation and see for yourself.

5 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by alaladakosta(f): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
from my experience here, i believe america is like lagos, its solely depends on the factor that brought u in the first place. just like lagos u'll see so many omo landlord living a wayward life complaing about how bad nigeria is. GBaMMMMmm!!! nnamdi lands from nnewi, started living with his bro maybe in a single room apartment. ok, the deciding factor is nnamdi has a husling spirit, he see opportuniy were most so called lagos boy see defeat. within few years he started doing well for himself. the stupid omo lanlod go say na juju him dey use. just as usa be too, search for opportunities instead of coming to nairaland to discourage people. see na my fouth year be this. am counting my blessings ni o. 2 nice 07 - 09 car for me n my hubby, plus the fact that we still touch lifes with the lit2 we can afford.

7 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by barackohandso(m): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
I said it before, the OP is passing the right message in the wrong way. Badmouth USA all you want, millions are trooping in every year. Everyone wants to live the American dream. I get where the OP is getting at: more like 'you must double-hustle' to survive in the states.

@ alala dakosta, just answer these few questions.

Can an average Nigerian arrive in the USA today and expect to be catered for without doing little or no work?

Can an average Nigerian without an excellent academic qualification get a good job that pays well?

Can an average Nigerian survive bad weathers and or will not be subjected to racist chants?

Are bills not directly proportional to how well you work (or even inversely sef)?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by dustydee: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
whitecat007: What!!!!! It's either your friend thinks you are dumb or you are truly dumb. Even people fight in the white house
Do you have a problem understanding English?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Originalsly: 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
Some people are getting carried away. The thread is not whether or not America is better ..... it is more of a reality check for so many that believe all they need to do is arrive and all will be well...life will be as seen on TV...all things bright and beautiful. It is not about discouraging people from migrating....but to give an insight as to what to expect. Someone legally in the US...with a Green Card...has the opportunity to be what he wants to be except the president. Enter illegally and that person is shut out from basic services and opportunities. Emeka arrives and in two years he has a car, apartment, good job and on his way to getting a degree. Why cant his brighter classmate go and achieve the same? ....because Emeka has a green card and the classmate doesn't. Getting people to look before they leap out of Nigeria is what this thread is all about.

9 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
Unfortunately FOR YOU. Things are BEAUTIFUL for me. I was born here, I attend college here.

The pictures ARE REALITY. Stop deluding yourself.

You "live in america" and "are doing well" yet you can't forge a simple sentence? I see how "well" you are doing

alala dakosta: lol, @ Op. all what u wrote are wrong about america, common i live in america too with my family, ahan wetting its no bad reach that level at all,well the thing is maybe thingz no rossy for u dont use that as a yardstick and generalise. see, wetting i get here i no fit get am for nigeria, no be say i look down on myself o. yoruba pple say" if u cry u go still dey see o"lol. here is my own take on the issue,if u are coming here legally abeg dey come. even u be student just pray u meet the right pple its go dey easy with God.i sabi soooo many nigerians well dey do well here.infact all nigerians wey i sabi dem dey do well. live in big house drive nice car, though they work in pay for it, many of this people no get keke napep for eko ile o.so far wey u dey enjoy the amenities why u no go pay am, u come go snap where disaster happen dey call am yankee, i fear u o. no bad mouth yankee abeg. if its no pay u, them no go hold u for jfk for wanting to relocate to nigeria o. u come dey analise apati say house food debt, omo u go wise up ni, ever since i come yankee if i file tax i go just add like 5k$ join buy nice car, i no carry car note. my aprtment nko na elele i get swinming pool get gym. i dey pay n i dey rnjoy am. if dem say make nigerians dey pay 2k for nepa make light dey dey constant u think say dem no go pay am? the thing be say we too lazy, na short cut we all dey find. omo make i watch flight jare. one life.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
Please answer my questions
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
LOL thank you. Makes you wonder

Phema:

alala dakosta: : lol, @ Op. all what u wrote are wrong about america, common i live in america too with my family, ahan wetting its no bad reach that level at all,well the thing is maybe thingz no rossy for u dont use that as a yardstick and generalise. see, wetting i get here i no fit get am for nigeria, no be say i look down on myself o. yoruba pple say" if u cry u go still dey see o"lol. here is my own take on the issue,if u are coming here legally abeg dey come. even u be student just pray u meet the right pple its go dey easy with God.i sabi soooo many nigerians well dey do well here.infact all nigerians wey i sabi dem dey do well. live in big house drive nice car, though they work in pay for it, many of this people no get keke napep for eko ile o.so far wey u dey enjoy the amenities why u no go pay am, u come go snap where disaster happen dey call am yankee, i fear u o. no bad mouth yankee abeg. if its no pay u, them no go hold u for jfk for wanting to relocate to nigeria o. u come dey analise apati say house food debt, omo u go wise up ni, ever since i come yankee if i file tax i go just add like 5k$ join buy nice car, i no carry car note. my aprtment nko na elele i get swinming pool get gym. i dey pay n i dey rnjoy am. if dem say make nigerians dey pay 2k for nepa make light dey dey constant u think say dem no go pay am? the thing be say we too lazy, na short cut we all dey find. omo make i watch flight jare. one life.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
He could have done the same if he lived in any fairly decent country. AMERICA may NOT the reason for his success. His "belief" more or less in AMERICA is what may have DRIVEN him to succeed. At 20, that is no extraordinary feat, I bought my first car at 19. CASH

chiwuike20:
Whr r d 90percent blacks @ d auction centre as u claim? U guy claim to paint d true picture of america, but d reverse is d case. My friend who has spent just 2yr in america thru DV lottery, has got a job, rent a house, is in d university and has acquired a car to facilitate his movements. Whether he got it thru credit facilities or didnt, I'm not interested, all I know is dat, dis boy, if he had remained in naija, wud still have remained a liability to his struggling parents. He's barely 20yrs of age

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
"Africans" are looked on with a condescending eye

god_of_music: I just wanna sk this questions...

How do Black Americans see 'Nigerian pidgin english' in America?

Do they accept our 'African Ankara attires'

Or do they Bully us Cause i once beat up a black American who came to our Neighbourhood in FESTAC with his mother for a business trip here. Please answer my questions before you scold me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
LOOK again, I did NOT include those expenses. I SIMPLY calculated off a MEASLY meal FOR A MONTH!

chiwuike20:
D general estimate of d expenses revolves around a month's salary. Don't 4get dat one does not buy a fone every month, including a bed and d house rent wch is paid on yearly basis. I observed dat since some of d huge expenses aren't recurring, it gives room 4 surplus of cash d following months.
Shrewd spending and contention is d solution

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
READ
YOUR keyword : INDUSTRIOUS. I NEVER EVER said the "US was HARD" (nigerians and your sentimental way of reasoning smh)

ALL I am advocating for is PROPER research. INFORMED decision making.

Unfortunately for you, I am doing well. I don't have "frustrations" . I did not "win a DV lottery" I own an American passport and have since I stepped out my mother's womb. SO I AM NOT AN IMMIGRANT. Your friend is.

Again, step back from your sentimental emotional filled drama stories. EVERY FACT I stated is BACKED UP with resources and LINKS to READ FOR YOURSELF. The articles, research papers and scholarly research. Again, IMMIGRANT, quit your bickering on me.

chiwuike20:
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
For someone with "an MBA" you sure do reason like an a$$

Where did you get your "MBA"? University of Phoenix? Or some round the way school? I was going to ask you that in email till I read this, clearly your "MBA" education must not have included ANALYTICAL REASONING.

1. Are any of the facts I have stated wrong? I provided REFERENCES (something if you went to a reasonable school like Booth IN CHICAGO, you would possibly know)

2. Did you NOT READ the part where I am an American? Or did your "MBA" degree not teach you how to perform WHOLE CONTEXT READING?

3. Did you NOT read the part where I said I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE WHO HAS A PLAN AND FOCUS TO COME TO AMERICA? You skipped that part? And of course jumped into your feelings to ASSUME the author must be "an immigrant" who finds it hard?

4.You "CLAIM" you "DO WELL". IS this SUBJECTIVE "doing well" (in your eyes and in your head and in the eyes of the lower echelons you compare yourself to) or are you ACTUALLY "doing well" ?

Again, you should know "all MBAs are NOT equal" . Don't display your lack of a strong MBA background with your reasoning. READ and at least, PRETEND to sound educated. (If you're going to tout your 5th tier MBA)

Lucasbalo: . You are correct. All this guys badmouthing America seems like failures to me. Comparing US to Nigeria is like comparing the bigness of an elephant to that of a chicken. Its true someone said a while ago that some people on nairaland are brainstems. While argue with such people ?. Off to my good job I go. Let fools live in the disgusting paradise.

4 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
ozo_emeka: LOOK again, I did NOT include those expenses. I SIMPLY calculated off a MEASLY meal FOR A MONTH!

Answer my questions please I don't understand BIG BIG grammer
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Lucasbalo: . You are correct. All this guys badmouthing America seems like failures to me. Comparing US to Nigeria is like comparing the bigness of an elephant to that of a chicken. Its true someone said a while ago that some people on nairaland are brainstems. While argue with such people ?. Off to my good job I go. Let fools live in the disgusting paradise.

LOL your good job? LMAO

You work as a top level executive in one of the Big 4? Ok I'm reaching too far for you. Fortune 200 at least? No? You see IMMIGRANT, in America an administrative assistant can get paid $55,000+ a year with HSD + experience of just Bachelors. That's N8.9m and OF COURSE can be "lauded" as a "good job"

If indeed you do live in Chicago, you should know that ANY TOM, DICCCCk and Harry can GET a car. Money down, financing etc. Question is DID YOU PAY UP FOR YOURS? Or are you paying car notes? Acting like a superstar for Nigerians living on less than $5 a day may make you seem BIG, but the truth like they say, sets you free.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
bodeplot: Well I will say a good discussion so far. It is an eye opener for the present and future immigrants, however,I will say everybody has made quite good comments. Well for me,I believe in factors(what will work for u,may not work for me) same as ur broda doing fine in US doesn't guarantee u will, so I will say all depend on God direction for your life. If u r goin to make it in Naija,if u like go to US or d best country in d world,u will still come back here,in contrast,if it is also ur destiny to make it in US,then staying in Nigeria may be bad for u.

In all, I would just say ask for God divine direction for ur life and follow it, then shall all ur crooked ways be made straight..

Cheers fellaz both home n abroad.

Good point. You reason better than some online MBA degree holders. This is the crux of this thread.

What works for Peter MAY NOT work for Paul. The US fosters great innovation and creativity for people with DRIVE and A MISSION, if you do have those, BY ALL MEANS relocate, better opportunities await. If you do think HOWEVER that ONCE YOU MOVE all IS GOING TO BECOME WELL, then you are simply a DREAMER.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
gboss4sure: All of you talking here doesn't really understand what the OP is talking about, Take a month vacation outside Nigeria and you will understand that if you cant survive in Nigeria you might not survive anywhere.

The OP is not saying you shouldn't come to the USA rather he is telling you FACTS on ground whether you like it or not the OP is saying the truth, Take a months vacation and see for yourself.

THANK YOu! For using your BRAINS!!!
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
Smh. "BAD MOUTHING" ?? Really? You uneducated folks kill with that bull

So the Professors at Harvard that write papers on the state of the Economy are "BAD MOUTHING" the economy?

or are they just stating facts? Your doctor telling you you are ill is BAD MOUTHING you??

No one is saying you must "double hustle" . Your will and drive determine how far you go in life REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU ARE. How are Dangote and Adenuga LIVING in Nigeria and coming in as the RICHEST BLACK MEN IN THE WORLD?

barack_o_handso: I said it before, the OP is passing the right message in the wrong way. Badmouth USA all you want, millions are trooping in every year. Everyone wants to live the American dream. I get where the OP is getting at: more like 'you must double-hustle' to survive in the states.

@ alala dakosta, just answer these few questions.

Can an average Nigerian arrive in the USA today and expect to be catered for without doing little or no work?

Can an average Nigerian without an excellent academic qualification get a good job that pays well?

Can an average Nigerian survive bad weathers and or will not be subjected to racist chants?

Are bills not directly proportional to how well you work (or even inversely sef)?

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
Originalsly: Some people are getting carried away. The thread is not whether or not America is better ..... it is more of a reality check for so many that believe all they need to do is arrive and all will be well...life will be as seen on TV...all things bright and beautiful. It is not about discouraging people from migrating....but to give an insight as to what to expect. Someone legally in the US...with a Green Card...has the opportunity to be what he wants to be except the president. Enter illegally and that person is shut out from basic services and opportunities. Emeka arrives and in two years he has a car, apartment, good job and on his way to getting a degree. Why cant his brighter classmate go and achieve the same? ....because Emeka has a green card and the classmate doesn't. Getting people to look before they leap out of Nigeria is what this thread is all about.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
LOL

All I'm saying is I did not "account for" phones etc, I calculated his cost based off a basic meal. Look back at the post.
god_of_music: Answer my questions please I don't understand BIG BIG grammer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 243
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.