Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (131640 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by bootlegaz: 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
jairus ben: Wen i lived in the us.. I resided in lubbock, texas but it seems to me and my friend's that we were all staining the city... Cos u hardly see a black and the white ain't cool.. We have too move down to austin.. Dats were u c the highest population of blacks in us especially nigerians
Big lies. From your grammatical blunders I doubt you have left your home state.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by manny4life(m): 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
bootlegaz:

So because of his English, it means that he hasn't crossed the borders? Tell that to illegal immigrants - Hispanics, Africans, etc...

4 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Originalsly: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
god_of_music: We have moved it cool
Lol...we?...I see!
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
What you need to fit into the american society is education,wen u get to the state hussle to get an education and the rest will be history take dat as ur starting point and u will live happier ever afta.

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2013
Originalsly: Lol...we?...I see!
Seriously, i'm a mod in the music section
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by 50calibre(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Things have definitely gotten better since Martin Luther King and they will keep getting better for Black people in America. The fact that you have a black president does not give credence to the gargantuan racism that you have painted. Granted that there is racism in America just like everywhere in the world including Nigeria, i think the minority population have been given the opportunity to succeed through affirmative action and other policies and some have taken that opportunity. It will take a very long time to see a massive effect of these policies cos blacks have been dealt a deadly blow in the past.

Afam the official spokesman for America, this guy literally worships America, I think America needs to reward this guy for being a loyal spokesman & campaigner.

Some one please reward this guy with an American visa, even if its 2 days, he's been struggling to get into the US since, they keep turning him down.

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2013
manny4life:

Lol @ Rap battle, no biggie no one is engaging you anyway...

Yes, work harder and more harder and more harder and it will fall in place... That the perfect American dream "MANY" Americans haven't achieved.

It's either they are working hard the wrong way or hard is working them the right way lol.

In other word, the Nigerians that I don't get are those college graduates I see doing menial work leaving their bachelors degree in their suitcases.

I've met a man in his early 40's who claimed to be a former bank manager in Nigeria "I know bankers ain't that here" but I believe they make more than bankers here, he was applying for a job which pays a little over minimum wage of Californian state. I don't know if they are lying or they're just desperate of living in Yanks
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Wallie(m): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
REALITY101:
I've met a man in his early 40's who claimed to be a former bank manager in Nigeria "I know bankers ain't that here" but I believe they make more than bankers here, he was applying for a job which pays a little over minimum wage of Californian state. I don't know if they are lying or they're just desperate of living in Yanks

Exactly what type of job do you expect a Nigerian banker to get over here?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by donfemo(m): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
bootlegaz:
Living in US doesn't guaranty good spoken and written English. Wanye Rooney of Manchester United is a British man who makes grammatical blunders too. *just saying*

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
donsax: NO matter the racist, no matter the ghetto...No matter the debt......America is still far better than Nigeria in all way....
Why don't Ya' all retrn back home ifyou think you can't cope with all these...you are there pushing it and you encourage people that wanna come to stay back home..do you know the current country situation? That's why a thread was created that people in Nigeria hate Nigerians abroad...because they think they don't want them to ever leave home...
Why not open a thread on how to survive all these hardship or how you are coping with it?
We still have many successful Nigerians in America...if all these things happening, find a way to play Americans too and survive...a poor or middle class Nigerian will survive any hardish on earth because no where can be as bad as how poor people live in Nigeria...is like someone living in an overcrowded room of like 10people in a room and goes to another place where they are 5people in the room and someone is asking can you survive this? Hell ya he can..
I guess some people aborad are really selfish, someone will open a thread..".America is racist and full of ghetto" Europe has finished recession all over, Canada is too cold, Australia is costly New zealand is too far, no job in S.A, tax is high in uk, middle east pay are peanuts, china is over populated, japan is earthquake home, South korea s unrest because of north Korea, south America are full of crimes, india is no go area...
Where the f.uc.k then do you want them to migrate to since they can't stay home and all these countries are bad..I guess you want them to migrate to newly discovered habitat MARS?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
REALITY101:

It's either they are working hard the wrong way or hard is working them the right way lol.

In other word, the Nigerians that I don't get are those college graduates I see doing menial work leaving their bachelors degree in their suitcases.

let just tell ourself the truth americans don't value our ceitificate if u must fit into they society u must acquire an america degree fr they university then u re gud to go ur nigeria ceritficate or degree is worthless to them but a lot of people don't knw dat.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
donsax: NO matter the racist, no matter the ghetto...No matter the debt......America is still far better than Nigeria in all way....
Why don't Ya' all retrn back home ifyou think you can't cope with all these...you are there pushing it and you encourage people that wanna come to stay back home..do you know the current country situation? That's why a thread was created that people in Nigeria hate Nigerians abroad...because they think they don't want them to ever leave home...
Why not open a thread on how to survive all these hardship or how you are coping with it?
We still have many successful Nigerians in America...if all these things happening, find a way to play Americans too and survive...a poor or middle class Nigerian will survive any hardish on earth because no where can be as bad as how poor people live in Nigeria...is like someone living in an overcrowded room of like 10people in a room and goes to another place where they are 5people in the room and someone is asking can you survive this? Hell ya he can..
I guess some people aborad are really selfish, someone will open a thread..".America is racist and full of ghetto" Europe has finished recession all over, Canada is too cold, Australia is costly New zealand is too far, no job in S.A, tax is high in uk, middle east pay are peanuts, china is over populated, japan is earthquake home, South korea s unrest because of north Korea, south America are full of crimes, india is no go area...
Where the f.uc.k then do you want them to migrate to since they can't stay home and all these countries are bad..I guess you want them to migrate to newly discovered habitat MARS?

No mind dem!!!
Dey demselves can confess. Within themselves how their lives are being transformed. With the bold step they took to migrate,but always feel they are luckier and u can't get the kinda luck they got or rather its late now whereas the Bible has always refered to movement to greener pastures .Everyone has its destiny and ur tale can never be an example for the. Experience another person will encounter,just like ur attitude,fingerprints,and destiny is diff so is it.diff strokes for diff folks.
U. Should only share ur experience and. How you broke thru and let the immigrants check and learn from it.leaving them to decide. And weigh there opportunities rather than tell dem its bad when even. The FGN. Cann afford not to pay their staffs and still expect dem to resume deir points of duties,what can be insaner than this?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by bootlegaz: 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2013
I did a year of college in Nigeria before relocating back to United States. Most dudes I went to University with in Naija are yet to find a job. These were very bright engineering students back then. The lucky ones among them came to America for their masters degrees after graduation and are living that American dream as we speak. Baker hughes, SHELL, Apple, Mobile and Microsoft are their employers. These guys are buying properties in their home state and paying their siblings tuition fees at private universities in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by soulglo: 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2013
ozo_emeka: Do you live in America? If you do I don't think you will think this way. Blacks have really not moved THAT far like you assume or like they paint on TV. A black president? Obama is more African than Black. He grew up in a COMPLETELY white neighborhood and had NO interaction with "BLACKS" whatsoever till he graduated Law School FROM HARVARD.

He is a White boy with an African Dad in a BLACK/TANNED skin.

African Americans have it VERY VERY hard here. Why do you think Nigerians here are always talking about moving back to Nigeria? If the opportunities here were all so pretty and easy to acquire like some naija boys think, why are established doctors and attorneys here WISHING and BEGGING to move back to Nigeria?

Though I am happy that someone is letting people know that the roads are not paved with gold in the US I have to disagree with you on much of what you wrote. Most African Americans do not have it hard because they are African Americans. Some have it hard because many choose to have the mentality that because they are black they cannot make it. Many black immigrants come here and not being raised with that black American experience soon surpass their American neighbors (black and white). If you throw that attitude out the window and work hard you will be just fine. When things were slow for me it was not because I am black. It happened because with everything there is a process and I understood that. You keep saying that people in America are wishing to go back to Nigeria...... so let them go. Those in Nigeria wishing to come to America cannot come easily. Those here that want to go back home can go without restrictions. So when established lawyers and doctors say they want to go back and keep talking about it for years and do not go back then you should know that they do not want to go back. Human beings by nature will eventually complain even when they live better than most. There are black people in this country that are running things and many more of them that run businesses that employ people of all races and backgrounds. If you come to the US expecting to make a million dollars in your first year expect to be disappointed. You can eventually make that but expect to really work for it. As you should.

Also just to make a point on how people dress and talk. If you were ghetto in Nigeria you will be ghetto anywhere you go. If you behaved properly in Nigeria you will also understand the importance of carrying yourself with dignity and respect. So you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig whether in Ajegunle or the south side of Chicago

12 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by biafranqueen: 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
manny4life: If you want the truth, stay away from America. Me sef, I'm coming back home. This is not because I haven't achieved what I want, it's because the country is full of shitt.
I'm right behind you bro even though I was born here I have always wanted to live back home but my parents were against, thank God I married a man that is from Nigeria and all his dream is to go back and we will finally next year.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by MsNas(f): 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
chiboy1928: I can see u have no vision or goals of going to the state who knows u might be in one jungle at ajegunle claming you they yankee cos dat wat u guys do nw am nt suprised!
Coming from someone that opened a thread about going to Guyana! cheesy I'm not surprised.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Things have definitely gotten better since Martin Luther King and they will keep getting better for Black people in America. The fact that you have a black president does not give credence to the gargantuan racism that you have painted. Granted that there is racism in America just like everywhere in the world including Nigeria, i think the minority population have been given the opportunity to succeed through affirmative action and other policies and some have taken that opportunity. It will take a very long time to see a massive effect of these policies cos blacks have been dealt a deadly blow in the past.

AFAM THE WHITE MAN'S LACKEY
AFAM THE APOLOGIST
UNCLE TOM AFAM
COCONUT AFAM
MAN FRIDAY AFAM

KEEP SUPPORTNG UR MASTERS THEY MAY HAVE PITY AND REWARD U WITH A VISIT 2 D US

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by MsNas(f): 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
Chars1289:
Well said....
Ms Nas easy ohh..its well..hop al z going on fine ova dere...
I dey jare. How far?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ALEXIS0240: 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
Afam4eva: Nice article...

Though i disagree with you that the America being shown on TV is not the real America. It's the real America just like those ghettos that you posted. There are good and bad places in any part of the world but i can assure you one thing. There are more ghettos where those you're advising are coming. Infact, i think it's dumpsite cos those ghetto picture you posted is like heaven to a lot of Ajegunle peeps.
some people will never learn.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2013

Gbam!
It is not easy but people are making it
Simple
If you are young and not yet established and have the opportunity,don't mind the Op,hop on the plane and come and try your luck
The people that made it don't have two heads
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
chiboy1928: let just tell ourself the truth americans don't value our ceitificate if u must fit into they society u must acquire an america degree fr they university then u re gud to go ur nigeria ceritficate or degree is worthless to them but a lot of people don't knw dat.

No doubt.. You still need GED.

Wallie:

Wallie:

Wallie:

My point is, if you have that kind of job what you hooping down to America for?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ms Nas:
Coming from someone that opened a thread about going to Guyana! cheesy I'm not surprised.
are u on night shift in chicago westside ajegunle Lol!
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by manny4life(m): 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
REALITY101:

Well, it's one thing to work hard and it's another for a "programmed system" to hinder you. In the true measure of wealth in comparison to "America", how many Americans or even Immigrants are DOING WELL? Granted you earn six figure salary (tops $250,000) which is next to none, yet you live from paycheck to paycheck. Your tax bracket is very high, the system here has been set to drain everything in you.

As for the Bank Manager in Nigeria, exactly my point, what kind of job where u expecting him to get? To be a bank manager here, you need to get certain license and certifications to sell investment security products which requires proof of documentation to start the process. Under FinCen Regulations as well as other regulations, they need to undergo serious investigation. Again, what type of job do you expect him to get?

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
50calibre:

Afam the official spokesman for America, this guy literally worships America, I think America needs to reward this guy for being a loyal spokesman & campaigner.

Some one please reward this guy with an American visa, even if its 2 days, he's been struggling to get into the US since, they keep turning him down.

EVEN AFAM'S MASTER BELOW KNOWS IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Reincarnated(m): 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
shocked @OP have u seen DC recently? The place don dey change oh.. That Ghetto looking area near Howard University has changed tremendously. The ugly looking view of Shaw Howard metro is gone. New blocks of apartment were just recently built and there are now bars and restaurants around 6th street. Infact to my surprise, there's now a mixture of both civilized people and gangsta's roaming round the streets.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Lucasbalo(m): 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
bootlegaz: Most Nigerians here complaining about life been hard in America, are very lazy. Stop living the "white man is the root of my laziness" lifestyle and get educated. Professionalism has no color, if you are educated and intelligent you will achieve ypur goals in the great USA. I am not discouraging Nigerians from coming to United States, all I am saying is get an education, have a plan and you are good to go. United State has favored more Nigerians that are not connected to Politicians that Nigeria itself. We practice meritocracy in America while in Nigeria it is Nepotism and tribalism. Chinedu Echeruo, Emegweali and many others did not find their success in Nigeria. Those kids discouraging Nigerians that can't find home in Nigeria, are either lying about their residence in America or they are uneducated loosers. Visit NSBA conference and other top professional organizations in the USA and then you will respect Nigerians and their achievement. I saw the pictures posted by the ignorant OP and those homeless people on there are drug ridden americans who have no one but themselves to blame. If you want to find out about real Nigerians and their achievement, check top universities year books and also linkedin.com.
I hate lazy people and I hate them the most when they start blaming others for their own misdeed.
. Thank you my brother and God blessings on you . That was what I was trying to get across and the OP went ballistic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by manny4life(m): 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
biafranqueen: I'm right behind you bro even though I was born here I have always wanted to live back home but my parents were against, thank God I married a man that is from Nigeria and all his dream is to go back and we will finally next year.

I'm making plans on how to go back as well, it's not like I hate America, it's just that the system is no longer conducive for me. Like many, I'm antagonizing the system because it's playing unfair as it is. Imagine me going back home, making an income only to be taxed again, tell me how fair that is. Those who want to stay are welcome, as for me, I'm leaving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by manny4life(m): 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
Reincarnated: shocked @OP have u seen DC recently? The place don dey change oh.. That Ghetto looking area near Howard University has changed tremendously. The ugly looking view of Shaw Howard metro is gone. New blocks of apartment were just recently built and there are now bars and restaurants around 6th street. Infact to my surprise, there's now a mixture of both civilized people and gangsta's roaming round the streets.

Unfortunately, developers are relocating the black neighbor hood to other states so that DC can be of standard, but for me, that's not what I'm about. It's only someone who's ignorant and can't read the signs that times are changing.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
manny4life:

I'm making plans on how to go back as well, it's not like I hate America, it's just that the system is no longer conducive for me. Like many, I'm antagonizing the system because it's playing unfair as it is. Imagine me going back home, making an income only to be taxed again, tell me how fair that is. Those who want to stay are welcome, as for me, I'm leaving.
Lol u are living the american dream by paying that tax fr ur income.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by jairusben(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
bootlegaz:
do u nid pictures of me.. B sincere

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (35) (Reply)

Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban / I Finally Stepped Out Of The House After Two More Months Of Quarantine (photos) / Christian Emeka Ibeagwa Dies In U.S.A. Do You Know Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.