Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (131638 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by manny4life(m): 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
If you want the truth, stay away from America. Me sef, I'm coming back home. This is not because I haven't achieved what I want, it's because the country is full of shitt.

7 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
We have moved it cool
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Chars1289: 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
chiboy1928: I can see u have no vision or goals of going to the state who knows u might be in one jungle at ajegunle claming you they yankee cos dat wat u guys do nw am nt suprised!

Wonder why yu re so curious abt someone status..if she claims to be in US and she z nt actualy dere, hw dt one take affect yu.lol

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Shankboye(m): 7:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Things have definitely gotten better since Martin Luther King and they will keep getting better for Black people in America. The fact that you have a black president does not give credence to the gargantuan racism that you have painted. Granted that there is racism in America just like everywhere in the world including Nigeria, i think the minority population have been given the opportunity to succeed through affirmative action and other policies and some have taken that opportunity. It will take a very long time to see a massive effect of these policies cos blacks have been dealt a deadly blow in the past.
. Afam I beg stop acting like u know everything, I have been here for 10yrs, trust me all they are saying are true.. Black reace in the US need to stop making excuses , they need to step up

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
[quote author=Chars1289][/quote]so wat is dis one saying u are now working in the state and have noting to show or take back home or probably can't even boast of a three bedroom apartment back here in nigeria in ur own father land and u still claiming americana my guy most folks like u who are smart go to the state hussle the cash and come bck to home to invest not so sit down donkey years in the state wit notin to achived aside the education and comfortable life style you will enjoy over they keep dreaming in a fools paradise while ur mate are hussling to make it and they come back home to invest by the time u will knw u will say is somebody from the village is pursing u while u are the one pursuring urself u beta used the opportunity u have over they and make somtin meaningful wit ur life and come back home to invest most sharp guys I know who travel to europe hardly stay morethan five years they come back to invest afta all the husslng in europe.remember even if u can speak the americana accent wit all ur americana education the white guys still see u black as a second class citizen kk

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2013
ozo_emeka: You're welcome. I found that a lot of Nigerians are living in denial. Some genuinely make silly decisions they regret 10 years later. My uncle is a Doctor and so is his wife. They are both Igbo. He migrated here and married his "naija american wife" when he met her in med school, and probably for papers. They live in one of the MOST expensive neighborhoods in NC YET, they do not have a life. His wife works from 5am to 2am the next day and she's home for about 2 hours and she's out. My uncle is burned out and keeps telling me how he wants to relocate to Nigeria. he has established a clinic in abuja and one in Lagos, he hopes to generate enough income there to MOVE. Mind you he went to a PRESTIGIOUS medical school, he and his wife. He OWNS a clinic in America, as does his wife. You would think, wow they achieved the AMERICAN dream. Yet he says all the money he makes goes to his mortgage, payroll, children's fees, and of course every Nigerian back in Nigeria ASSUMES he must be LIVING LARGE and have EXTRA MONEY every where. You know what he does PART TIME TO EARN MONEY He does things like GNLD, Mary Kay!! YES , A DOCTOR !!! FROM A VERY PRESTIGIOUS SCHOOL (AN IVY). I know of Attorneys too begging people back in Nigeria to give them positions so they can MOVE BACK. They are all tired of America. My mum refuses to live here. She just comes, shops and goes back to Nigeria.

Boy was she surprised when she came here and met all the people "DOING WELL IN AMERICA". She realized they all BORROWED money to Buy their homes and were still PAYING back (with HUGE INTEREST RATES) . In America when you want to buy a house they make you borrow from the bank and give you a mortgage you pay for 30 YEARS!!!!! 30 Years! That's a nice mortgage. Can you imagine owing someone and paying for 30 years! When will that debt end? Are you not paying 10x the value of the house? And if you don't pay up they come and reclaim your house and put you OUT. Yes, MANY people are HOMELESS simply because they can't pay.

She realized people with "nice cars" you get to see on Facebook and stupidly envy ARE ALL LIVING OFF BORROWED cars. I.e they finance the cars (same method as mortgage). The NICE CLOTHES they "sent you" from America? ALL ON THEIR CREDIT CARDS. THey don't have the MONEY. They are simply BORROWING to survive and paying back penny by penny.

So when a lot of Nigerians come to America to live with their "uncle/aunty" who they THOUGHT had it GOOD (afterall the Aunty always seemed to have A LOT OF STUFF when she came to Nigeria) they realize the HARSH truth. Aunty is working as a nurse and works 3 other jobs. If you DARE turn on the tap too long she yells at you for wasting water or not paying energy(light/NEPA) bills. She is cranky and you can tell life is not the best for her. She still sends $100 back home and the people back home keep reinforcing the idea that Jane is DOING WELL in America. Not knowing Jane took off $100 from her $125/week paycheck.

Don't forget to add, that you can't even GET THE CREDIT CARD unless you have work history, SSN, a citizen. So for a new nigerian that ain't happening for the next 6 years.

I see Nigerian boys here who are janitors go to Nigeria and "FLEX" when I see pics I am shocked, because in Nigeria they POSE like they are living large. A lot of nigerian boys SAVE and BORROW to go to Nigeria just so they don't look bad.

With your "african name" you will have people ask you if you live in a hut, igf you had water to drink, and will "pity" you and give you bread because they GENUINELY believe you have never seen bread before. Sounds too exaggerated right? NO THAT IS THE TRUTH and people will SAY THIS OUT TO YOU

Open your eyes. America is not Somewhere to just HOP and COME TO. You will pay dearly for it. Sit down HAVE A PLAN OF ACTION. Take the TRUTH. Not what you saw on TV (those actors you see on tv had been acting as unknown people for 25 years before they ended up on TV: they don't tell you that part) Are you ready to sacrifice the next 10 years of your life slaving and suffering away?

If not, then my friend you are WAYYYYYYYY better off in Nigeria.

So prefer let it be like Naija system where u take ghana must go bag to buy car instead of monthly payments. If Nigeria wants to be developed and wants everyone to benefit from wealth they going to have to structure their system like america. The only bad thing about it is people abusing it. Collecting loans or house u knw u can't afford. I still prefer here than Naija.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2013
Lol dude got pictures from hurricane talking bullshiitt.

Yea America is not easy for immigrants and not everybody kicks you out of their house after a certain period of time. Myself for example, in 2011 I meet a Nigerian male from Ekiti at the airport his friend lied to him about fetching him from the airport but didn't show up nor pick his calls. I took him in for 17 months he didn't pay shit and I didn't ask him. Luckily he came with lottery, got a job and got his own place oh he paid me by teaching me Yoruba especially those bad words " op obo iya" smiley

It all depends on who you meet. Yes America is what you see on tv if you play your game well. I don't need to live in Nigeria to know this.

I have noticed how much America culture changes Nigerians when it comes to accommodating their people.

3 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 7:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
Chars1289:

Wonder why yu re so curious abt someone status..if she claims to be in US and she z nt actualy dere, hw dt one take affect yu.lol
abeg wich one is ur own or are u in the same show wit her?
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by manny4life(m): 7:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
REALITY101: Lol dude got pictures from hurricane talking bullshiitt.

Yea America is not easy for immigrants and not everybody kicks you out of their house after a certain period of time. Myself for example, in 2011 I meet a Nigerian male from Ekiti at the airport his friend lied to him about fetching him from the airport but didn't show up nor pick his calls. I took him in for 17 months he didn't pay shit and I didn't ask him. Luckily he came with lottery, got a job and got his own place oh he paid me by teaching me Yoruba especially those bad words " op obo iya" smiley

It all depends on who you meet. Yes America is what you see on tv if you play your game well. I don't need to live in Nigeria to know this.

I have noticed how much America culture changes Nigerians when it comes to accommodating their people.

You sef, the way you blow your own story na wa o...

Nigerians may be intolerant in accommodating their own people, but it doesn't change the fact that America isn't what you see on TV. A lot of folks are deceived by the glamor and tall high rise building neglecting the fact that this country works round the clock. The real wealth doesn't belong to the average American, it's a group of people that control it. There are tons of depressed places and people here in the U.S. so again, NO America is not what it seems like.

God I cannot wait to get the hell out of this country and only come every summer just to see how others are suffering and smiling.

4 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
REALITY101: Lol dude got pictures from hurricane talking bullshiitt.

you are right my guy is just dis our african mentality is so poor they feel once ur brother or friend or family relation travel to america that he is doing fyne he is living large they don't knw the shit the suffering they go through over they some of them atimes wish they neva live atimes that why it had for them to come back home cos of the shame so they decide to remain they in the state for donkey years weather gud or bad,I also pity our ladies bck here in nijah they felt once a guy comes bck fr the state that the guys is a big boy but those guys dat comes bck neva get to tell them the kind of job they do over they to make a living wich probably they can neva do back home here so wen they comes bck to nijah wit a flashy car,nice cloths we all feel men dis guys is doing great america is gud dat the kind of mentality we have here in nigeria I still maintain my stand jst like the op has said america is nt wat u see on Tv take it or live it .

5 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by harsysky(m): 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
There is this saying that talk is cheap..from threads ranging from advice to wateva u can think of, people want U to follow a kind of RULE..the problem is " did they follow that same rule?" ..no wonder the bible tells us dnt judge so that u wnt be judged..liv people to liv dia life cos nobody knws God's plan for each of us..the way we think is not the way God does that's y man proposes n God disposes..nigerians can still go dia n make it ..@ OP I rili appreciate ur work to help out but God sure pass not U..thanx

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
Until they start coming home in droves other than that I think they are good.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
Instead of me to get a visa to america I would prefer to get a visa to dubai,qatar,bahrain going to america for wat even uk and america I don't knw wich is even worst yet our guys are still struggling for visa to uk and america dead countries guy wise up even some of our african countries and asia countries are beta than ur america and uk u guys are all running to .

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
My own opinion:

There are only two things a nigerian can do in the US and have a slight chance of succeeding:

1. Go to school in America, get work authorization, and get a good job. (there is less racial discrimination in employment of highly skilled labor like engineers/doctors)

2. Go into trade. A lot of nigerians especially in texas do this. Trade such as resturant business or african store business.

For anything to work for you, you MUST have work authorization.

I met a young man in a nigerian restaurant in houston, texas. He was working there and had no papers. Therefore, his madam paid him whatever and whenever she wanted. He has a wife and child in nigeria. His mother died, and could not afford to send money back or attend the burial. He too dreamed of a better america. But to be honest, unless he gets lucky, the highest job he will get is a cab driver job.

Number 1 applies to me. I got several job offers as an IT engineer. After a while, I dropped number 1 for number 2. Wholesale african goods imports.

Therefore, my advice to people, if you are not educated enough to land a job in US, DONT move there.
If you cannot obtain work authorization upon arrival, DONT move to america.

Dont envy that your uncle or friend who comes back to nigeria every 5 years with a jeep. All na packaging! grin

There are better opportunities in Nigeria. If we nigerians living in nigeria work half as much as nigerians living in US, we'll become millionaires.

8 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
To me, The purpose of this thread is to make people that wants to go to US to prepare harder and not to have a mindset that money grows on tree in America.... The land of the free is not land of free money... If you want to migrate to America Prepare and expect the worst and don't be surprised when is more better than you prepaid for.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
After number 3, the OP screwed up everything.

Please if you are going to show New York and Detroit, please ensure you show recent pictures. Those pictures of New York are from the 80s: A time when New York was called "The Big Rotten Apple".

Thanks wink
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nogen: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2013

Machines do the washing. The latino guys who don't have papers clean inside when the car is out, and you have to tip them.

So correct! Machines wash cars abroad o! Let them go and see that there is a difference between harmattan and winter. Abroad is where I pay a visit and runs back home sharply! Can't afford to live in debt all my life abeg.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 04, 2013
manny4life:

You sef, the way you blow your own story na wa o...

Nigerians may be intolerant in accommodating their own people, but it doesn't change the fact that America isn't what you see on TV. A lot of folks are deceived by the glamor and tall high rise building neglecting the fact that this country works round the clock. The real wealth doesn't belong to the average American, it's a group of people that control it. There are tons of depressed places and people here in the U.S. so again, NO America is not what it seems like.

God I cannot wait to get the hell out of this country and only come every summer just to see how others are suffering and smiling.

Sorry we are not on a rap battle neither is my comment debatable..

And YES America what they see on tv. The options are.. Relocate, use your head, be Legit, work hard, work harder and watch it fall in place

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by bootlegaz: 7:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
Most Nigerians here complaining about life been hard in America, are very lazy. Stop living the "white man is the root of my laziness" lifestyle and get educated. Professionalism has no color, if you are educated and intelligent you will achieve ypur goals in the great USA. I am not discouraging Nigerians from coming to United States, all I am saying is get an education, have a plan and you are good to go. United State has favored more Nigerians that are not connected to Politicians that Nigeria itself. We practice meritocracy in America while in Nigeria it is Nepotism and tribalism. Chinedu Echeruo, Emegweali and many others did not find their success in Nigeria. Those kids discouraging Nigerians that can't find home in Nigeria, are either lying about their residence in America or they are uneducated loosers. Visit NSBA conference and other top professional organizations in the USA and then you will respect Nigerians and their achievement. I saw the pictures posted by the ignorant OP and those homeless people on there are drug ridden americans who have no one but themselves to blame. If you want to find out about real Nigerians and their achievement, check top universities year books and also linkedin.com.
I hate lazy people and I hate them the most when they start blaming others for their own misdeed.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
Godson201333: I am living in Europe and i am starting to believe that this racism thingy can be favorable at times.You see that is why Europe is very cleaned and organized than USA.I know there too and when i say very clean i mean very clean but the racism here is higher than USA.

It is just because we black people some of us are violent,dangerous and some do not even have focus.If you see people fighting here they are blacks,If they organize a party they are gonna fight at the end,many of us are just bad..

The rate of blacks going to school here too is very low,we just wanna make quick money.

Hmm singing in fela's voice." Na 9jerian govt o dem dey talk be dat my ppl are useless my ppl are senseless,my ppl are indisciplined na,anofa hear dat B4 make govt tok o.na crase tok be dat,na animal tok be dat o"
Baba 70 may u. Continue to RIP
Yesterday sef dead body get. Accident
!!!!!!!
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by jairusben(m): 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
Wen i lived in the us.. I resided in lubbock, texas but it seems to me and my friend's that we were all staining the city... Cos u hardly see a black and the white ain't cool.. We have too move down to austin.. Dats were u c the highest population of blacks in us especially nigerians

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by HFactor1(m): 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
I picked up a new (expensive) Gibson guitar dumped in the junks. Unbelievable! my dream instrument...... probably someone was relocating and had "less need" for a brand new guitar (that's America for you sometimes) their waste, my gain. tongue

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
No wata u say dat will never change nigerians mentality about travelling to america go to american embassy and see the kind of crowd they.I remember back then in the 70 wen our naira was stronger than the dollar if u want to travel to america u don't need a visa u jst go wit ur passport and BTA.but some pple neva knw it was wen our currency devalue that wen the issue of visa to america nw came into place.never the less even if u must go to america am talking to those stubborn nigerians reading these thread be prepare for the worst dat jst it and don't expect every dick and harry to smile at u have said mine.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Chars1289: 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
chiboy1928: abeg wich one is ur own or are u in the same show wit her?
Calm down young man.....okkk, since u re curious to knw her status..she is Donald Trump last daughter.....

All i can deduced is dt america has her own pros n cons..same wit Nigeria bt wht is d hope of millions of un-employed graduates roaming on d streets and govt kip making unrealistic promises..Naija too can be frustrating, the goodies of ds country is within a certain caucus (politricians, pady pady govt).
On the long run dere is no country dt foreigners find it easy....bt d grace of God is wht u shld seek ....
Destiny differs-Mister X can be living comfortably in America while Mister Y can also be doing fine in Nigeria....
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by alyarmouk(m): 7:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
Have you ever been to Ajegunle?? and when was the last time you were there??
instead of you to appreciate an op who was reporting live from site, u just sit down @ wherever bush u are and flip bullshit. please tk ur time out and visit AJ and educate urself.
Afam4eva: Nice article...

Though i disagree with you that the America being shown on TV is not the real America. It's the real America just like those ghettos that you posted. There are good and bad places in any part of the world but i can assure you one thing. There are more ghettos where those you're advising are coming. Infact, i think it's dumpsite cos those ghetto picture you posted is like heaven to a lot of Ajegunle peeps.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Wallie(m): 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
Nigerians in diaspora and their anecdotes! Just because things are difficult or easy for you does not make it a fact that’s true for everybody else!

Fact
1. The population of US is ~316,000,000 million.

2. The US has the world’s highest GDP (purchasing power parity).

3. The U.S. median household income was $50,502 in 2011.

4. Those living on less than $2 per day before government benefits include 2.8 million children. However, the total federal and state spending on welfare programs was $434 billion in FY 2000. Of that total, $313 billion (72 percent) came from federal funding and $121 billion (28 percent) came from state or local funds.

5. Analysis by 2000 Federal Population Census (1). German 42,841,569 15.2%; (2) Irish 30,524,799 10.8%; (3) African 24,903,412 8.8%; (4). English 24,509,692 8.7%;(5). American 20,188,305 7.2%; (6). Mexican 18,382,291 6.5%; (7). Italian 15,638,348 5.6%; (cool. Polish 8,977,235 3.2%; (9). French 8,309,666 3.0%; (10). American Indian 7,876,568 2.8%; (11). Scottish 4,890,581 1.7%; (12). Dutch 4,541,770 1.6%; (13). Norwegian 4,477,725 1.6%; (14). Scotch-Irish 4,319,232 1.5%; (15). Swedish 3,998,310 1.4%.

Bottom line, as it is in most first world countries, competition to become rich i.e. standout from the crowd, is very tough because you are competing with well educated people, with inherent advantages, that are trying to get rich or become richer. It is a lot easier to become an average person with enough money or support to live an average lifestyle.

However, if you’re good at what you do, the sky is the limit!
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by hammedkola(m): 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
Now, lemme bring out my Iraq Visa...I think no one is gonna stop me from going there....Long Live Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by manny4life(m): 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
REALITY101:

Sorry we are not on a rap battle neither is my comment debatable..

And YES America what they see on tv. The options are.. Relocate, use your head, be Legit, work hard, work harder and watch it fall in place

Lol @ Rap battle, no biggie no one is engaging you anyway...

Yes, work harder and more harder and more harder and it will fall in place... That the perfect American dream "MANY" Americans haven't achieved.

2 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by InvertedHammer: 7:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
OP:

You are right on point.

But as a Nigerian, the first survival strategy is to be on the look out for Yoruba people. They are most willing to help
you out when you need it really. It is the simplest truth. Igbo people usually will like to know you
when you are already made.

Once you meet up with Yoruba folks, life will start to level up for you gradually.

Yes! I am from Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
InvertedHammer: OP:

You are right on point.

But as a Nigerian, the first survival strategy is to be on the look out for Yoruba people. They are most willing to help
you out when you need it really. It is the simplest truth. Igbo people usually will like to know you
when you are already made.

Once you meet up with Yoruba folks, life will start to level up for you gradually.

Yes! I am from Anambra State.
hmmm u made some point don't travel to america and expect ur ibo broda to help u rather they will even collect the one u came wit they are so terrible the last time I was in ghana I diassociate myself fr them cos I knw they way I prefer to be wit a ghanaian than my igbo broda don't ask me why!

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by bootlegaz: 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
America is a capitalist country and that is why it is called," the land of the brave". Indians are doing very well here, chinese, jews and arabs. Education, education, education and education is all you need. Those rich folks stealing the common wealth of Nigeria has their children schooling here for a reason. The president of the company I work for is a black man bornand raised Iin America. He oversees over 50k employees which are majority of western Europe decents. Black people in America complains a whole lot and I get angry the most when I hear naijas or other Africans without a degree complain how bad the country is. A study has shown that whites are more on social welfare than blacks yet you don't hear them whining.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (35) (Reply)

Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban / I Finally Stepped Out Of The House After Two More Months Of Quarantine (photos) / Christian Emeka Ibeagwa Dies In U.S.A. Do You Know Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.