Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,109 members, 7,845,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market (12210 Views)

Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri / Tinubu: Bode George Free To Relocate To Bayelsa (video) / Open Letter To President GEJ: Pls Call Abia Governor, Orji To Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2013
bonna4u: Do you know that the retardeen of a governor is so reveling in his mediocrity. This he showed by calling this 'accident waiting to happen' an ultra modern market.

My brother, no mind the reTArdeen. He is bashing his image more by trying to wash it. His stup.idity stinks to high heavens.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by petsam11(m): 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
okey777: Just laughing;so he wants to relocate umuahia main market to his home town IBEKU,I have seen the market sha,is located along my school MICHAEL OKPARA FEDERAL UNIVERSITY,but where are those facilities he mentioned,i can see only diamond bank.Good 4 them,but 400k is much.
That should be the new TIMBER not the new market.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
Make I laugh with una small grin grin grin grin

ROTFLMAO!!

Has he cleaned up the putrid state of Abia? The whole state looks like a market.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by IGBOSON1: 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
I bet he wouldn't settle for substandard construction and cheaparsse materials when he's building the palatial new gov't house.....and i bet he wouldn't use 'direct labour' like he apparently did with that market, but use a world-class construction company! The whole enterprise screams CHEAP and SHODDY.

So annoying!
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by zicky(m): 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
okey777: Just laughing;so he wants to relocate umuahia main market to his home town IBEKU,I have seen the market sha,is located along my school MICHAEL OKPARA FEDERAL UNIVERSITY,but where are those facilities he mentioned,i can see only diamond bank.Good 4 them,but 400k is much.

Guy u r mistaking d timber market 4 d umuahia main market

1 Like

Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by funshint(m): 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
Sometimes I wonder hw dis man won a second term into office! Were Abians jazzed or something...?! That's wat we're telling them in Anambra; don't let dis pple deprive U̶̲̥̅̊ credible leaders all in the name of ethnic sentiments. A word is enough for the wise!!!
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2013
excellent decision but very poorly executed. projects like this should be executed to stand the test of time. I was expecting to see well finished storey buildings, damn!! our leaders just... lipsrsealed angry angry angry

I just wish chime would do the same to ogbete in enugu. though, the last time travelled to enugu, I saw old park demolised for a modern market and car park, but am surprised relocating ogbete isnt part of his agenda
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by chitoria: 6:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
T.A Orji is really sucking Abians dry.Party party Gov.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
yuncka: Kudos 4 d relocation To a medi-structure sir, I also know dat U still hav thousands of tins 2 relocate.
But b4 U build anoda mediocre structure, pls relocate Ur brain 4rm Ur nyash back 2 Ur head.
grin grin grin grin grin grin damn!!!!!!!!! this dude won burst my tommy o, kai!!!!
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
How the hell do you relocate into those cheap nonsense??..They look like local poultry farm in some very remote forest for local fowls..South East states are in trouble.That road will be filled with pot holes in months,the open drainage will be filled with plastics and other rubbish,who the Bleep designed those rows of village primary school buildings??..what sort of ogbo nmanu workers built that crap??..i have nightmare looking at those pictures,i see chaos,i see trailers,lorries and vans packed on either side of that substandard narrow tarmac road with lots of jonny bravo[big pecs,tiny legs] looking guys pushing their trucks and wheel barrows blocking access to that vomit they called market.

With the cheap project on display above,i wonder the size of the car park,that is if it was provided at all...and with the narrow lanes,i wonder how the traders would be moving their heavy goods to their stores,same old backward and unprogressive way of doing things since heaven knows when.

Our bleeped up governors lack ideas,they are still living in the 50s..God forbid...From Anambra to Imo..They are all shytes...tomorrow they,ll stand to point at fashola etc and as usual e warriors will take the fight from there,

Thunder fire any animal in government house who drags us back..buggggggers.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
funshint: Sometimes I wonder hw dis man won a second term into office! Were Abians jazzed or something...?!grin grin grin ;DThat's wat we're telling them in Anambra; don't let dis pple deprive U̶̲̥̅̊ credible leaders all in the name of ethnic sentiments. A word is enough for the wise!!!
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by 735i(m): 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1455590/open-letter-mr-seun-crew/44#18451846

This is where it's happening; We demand privacy on Nairaland!!!

1 Like

Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2013
Black Peni5: The finishing in the building of that market looks very poor. The roads look quite shabby.

I hope the pictures were taken prior to the completion of the project.

Quality is the least priority in Abia state projects...

So dont bother..
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
maxwello.yg:
True. I'm disappointed in Orji. Abia is too rich they can afford a better looking shop.
We had better stop settling for mediocrity abeg! It's annoying.
Those things won't stay for 3 years then they will start looking like shops built in the 20s

Those shops were not decked at all. Just wood and zinc roof...

When fire go visit, dem go say their forefathers are angry...
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ekans: If there is an award for cluelessness,T A Orji will win it year to year.Abians,accept my sympathy.

Agreeded ...
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by jeniud: 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2013
T.A ORJI BU ONYE NGBU.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by somegirl1: 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
Black Peni5: The finishing in the building of that market looks very poor. The roads look quite shabby.

I hope the pictures were taken prior to the completion of the project.

I think that the fact that the project is yet to be completed is very obvious to anyone looking at the photos.
Whether it will be completed before traders occupy the units is another matter.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by nerodenero: 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
nwoko12: Make i give una the full gist T A orji didnt build any shop the shops were built by individuals and if u build 20 u give him 10 and the worst part is that the market was suited in a swamp and the whole of that new market u cant drill water cose there is no water in the soil the lower layer is rocky and now the road to the market is narrow is a one lane road and the market is surrounded by forest and not villages and he is insisting lemme ask u a question between the goverment and the peoplw who should build shop and the other goverment or the people my dear we are crying bitterly in umuahia i mean real crying let the news men invistigat what i wrote if its true or not
Do you have problem with commas and full-stops?Is it a taboo for you to use them?Na wa o.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Dibiachukwu: 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
ndi mmoul
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by IGBOSON1: 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2013
centje: excellent decision but very poorly executed. projects like this should be executed to stand the test of time. I was expecting to see well finished storey buildings, damn!! our leaders just... lipsrsealed angry angry angry

I just wish chime would do the same to ogbete in enugu. though, the last time travelled to enugu, I saw old park demolised for a modern market and car park, but am surprised relocating ogbete isnt part of his agenda

^^^They should relocate Ogbete and use the freed up land for a central park......that's what i would do! Does Enugu have any world class park where families can go to relax and be at one with nature? To develop a city doesn't mean you build up the whole place with real estate; we should take a cue from world cities like London and New York.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by IGBOSON1: 10:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
KA24DETT: Why dont you kill him. Why do u guys have to wait till 2015? He will rig his man in and the looting continues

^^^Ha! Bros, e neva reach like that abeg!

Though i have to confess that i sometimes feel like strangling him when i see his pic attached to one of his 'local' projects! So i perfectly understand your sentiment.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by henryhco(m): 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
U ppl shud not blive d pic. It all a big lie. All he cares about is more moni for himself. D only tin he knws is tax n levies. Ochendo of his family only not abians.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Charbless(m): 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
This Man can lie!!!!!,
He's actually acquired half of this shops to him self and his Son.
If not, Y will timber traders want to relocate to Onuimo mrkt
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by silversonuc(m): 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
Abia's own MOYES grin
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by ulonnaya21: 10:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
This is a good move by Gov.TA Orji, the relocation of that market is long over due and I thank the present administration in the state for taking a bold step in concluding this landmark achievement
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by daddymuna: 11:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
fellow Nigerians , please hear the truth.we live in abia state and knows the hide and seek game this man is playing.if this man had made in his campaign that he will relocate this market, I swear the whole public will never even allow him to run for an election in the first place,

no trader is happy with this relocation

he is not going to beautify the city, rather he is going to acquire the land for his own selfish business( hotel, filling station,) if he eventually force the relocation, because the market land is situated in the choicest area of the city.

if there are 7000 shops in the new market as he said, he and his cronies own 4500 shops

that man is evil.the only truth in his mouth is good morning
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by dbucas: 11:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
TA ORJI NA big bastard
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Ngbokwu: 11:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
Let the traders move to ỌnụImo.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by mrvictor: 11:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
t.a.orji is hopeless.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by AMALOSHE: 1:19am On Sep 30, 2013
This unfortunate Ubani Ibeku market is over 10 km from Umuahia, the construction was done by individuals (ochendo's boys) on the condition of build 10 shops & loose 5 shops to govt.& so on! Govt did nt even build 1 shop! The location is near Uzuakoli , now tell me how somebody from umuahia can travel that far just to buy ,vegetables,toiletories etc?up till 30 Sept. No allocation of shops hv bn made to traders,yet d deadline is 30th Sept, u can now see hw our govt works,it means thesame govt did not learn anything from the forcefull relocation of the timber market? Honestly i pity Abia state.
Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by ulonnaya21: 6:04am On Sep 30, 2013
Abia state transformation agenda still on course. Kudos

Re: Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market by Chstel(m): 6:49am On Sep 30, 2013
Good development, umuahia main market at the main city it look awkward, and umuahia is jam-parked, and relocating the market will beautify umuahia and make it look good, free from traffic, but let not there be use for HOUSING ESTATE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Should Name Treasury Looters Sponsoring IPOB — Fayose / 2019: Tambuwal “under Pressure” To Run For President / Bill Seeking To Criminalise Mob Actions Scales Through First Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.