Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies (942 Views)

Drama As Buhari Overrules Jega On Handover / Photo: Handover Of Electoral Materials In Ibadan / What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies by bigass(f): 10:16am On Sep 29, 2013
STAFF of the exiting Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), under the aegis of National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE) have threatened to protest if the Federal Government fails to complete settlement of severance package as agreed before concluding privatisation of the company.

The union also urged government and intending investors who have invested hugely in purchasing the PHCN properties to delay handover of the companies until workers claims are completely cleared.

The exiting PHCN workers’ union position was that the government has not met 75 per cent pension component of the exit workers, including several other benefits, such as regularisation of some casual workers already identified, biometrically captured and payment of exit benefits to the retired workers sacked in 2011.

The aggrieved union workers also expect the transfer of statutory 10 per cent equity shareholding to PHCN workers in the successor companies, payment of all outstanding staff claims, allowance and two per cent dues accruable to the union and shortfall terminal benefits.

A statement signed and read by the vice president, Gabriel Egbadekwu, Friday in Lagos, said less than 50 per cent of PHCN workers have so far received part of their exit benefits while others are faithlessly waiting.

It alleged that, the Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo’s claim was false and was done to misinform the public, claiming that, the minister was been economical with the truth by openly claiming in most of the country national dailies that about 70 per cent PHCN exit staff were being completely settled.

Meanwhile, the union commended the workers commitments towards the struggles, saying that any move by the government to hand over the companies to the intended investors would be resisted by the whole exit workers.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/134040-phcn-workers-issue-threat-on-handover-of-companies
Re: PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies by kelvincoll(m): 10:26am On Sep 29, 2013
I knew these guys were going to stop @ nothing to sabotage efforts made @ privatising the power sector. The FG should pls settle dem and let dem go even if it means borrowing more money from China, Aliko Dangote or TY Danjuma
Re: PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies by Beaf1: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2013
No Sauce?

How do you expect me to eat and swallow this? cheesy
Re: PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies by bigass(f): 11:49am On Sep 29, 2013
Beaf!:
No Sauce?

How do you expect me to eat and swallow this? cheesy

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/134040-phcn-workers-issue-threat-on-handover-of-companies
that's the sauce you can add it to your garri
Re: PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies by gerald09(m): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
Really! Could this be true or is it another way to hinder this change. Well let me wait and listen to the other side of the story before I make my judgement. FG over to u
Re: PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies by tawa89(f): 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
Nigerians are really the problem of Nigeria. These PHCN officials are so greedy and selfish. I was with a PHCN official last week, he confided in me that they have being paid their severance allowance. Infact, he has millions credited to his account. The young man is even planning to complete the traditional rites of his wedding that he has being postponing since because of lack of cash by december and after that invest his share of the severance package in a profitable business. Yet he is still not happy and kept arguing with me about the privatization of PHCN. Can you imagine that this guy told me he is against the privatization because of the little bribes he gets from Nigerians, the 1000naira reconnection fee he pockets anytime he reconnects your power, the 500naira he gets when he comes to fix the fuse of your transformer etc. These people are so greedy it's so sick! They don't want what will benefit the generality of the masses eventhough they all have being well compensated because of the little bribe they collect. Enough of this nonsense abeg!

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
tawa89: Nigerians are really the problem of Nigeria. These PHCN officials are so greedy and selfish. I was with a PHCN official last week, he confided in me that they have being paid their severance allowance. Infact, he has millions credited to his account. The young man is even planning to complete the traditional rites of his wedding that he has being postponing since because of lack of cash by december and after that invest his share of the severance package in a profitable business. Yet he is still not happy and kept arguing with me about the privatization of PHCN. Can you imagine that this guy told me he is against the privatization because of the little bribes he gets from Nigerians, the 1000naira reconnection fee he pockets anytime he reconnects your power, the 500naira he gets when he comes to fix the fuse of your transformer etc. These people are so greedy it's so sick! They don't want what will benefit the generality of the masses eventhough they all have being well compensated because of the little bribe they collect. Enough of this nonsense abeg!
#in asari's voice ''we will match them bullet by bullet, blood for blood''
Re: PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies by Digriz(m): 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
tawa89: Nigerians are really the problem of Nigeria. These PHCN officials are so greedy and selfish. I was with a PHCN official last week, he confided in me that they have being paid their severance allowance. Infact, he has millions credited to his account. The young man is even planning to complete the traditional rites of his wedding that he has being postponing since because of lack of cash by december and after that invest his share of the severance package in a profitable business. Yet he is still not happy and kept arguing with me about the privatization of PHCN. Can you imagine that this guy told me he is against the privatization because of the little bribes he gets from Nigerians, the 1000naira reconnection fee he pockets anytime he reconnects your power, the 500naira he gets when he comes to fix the fuse of your transformer etc. These people are so greedy it's so sick! They don't want what will benefit the generality of the masses eventhough they all have being well compensated because of the little bribe they collect. Enough of this nonsense abeg!
embarassed
Re: PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies by Digriz(m): 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
see this mpama,so na here you com dey yab me ur friend abi,. I was explaining all these to you and ur hailing me,you never argued anytin i said bcus i bought a bottle of beer for you and i even gave you a transport fare. Next time i see you i will teach you a lesson for bn a coward in my face and a warrior in a faceless internet forum.
Re: PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies by jaiykem: 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2013
Digriz: see this mpama,so na here you com dey yab me ur friend abi,. I was explaining all these to you and ur hailing me,you never argued anytin i said bcus i bought a bottle of beer for you and i even gave you a transport fare. Next time i see you i will teach you a lesson for bn a coward in my face and a warrior in a faceless internet forum.
Your beer was working then. After una go talk say gef na d problem whereas na una. Unpatrotic! Sabo 4 our fresh air!

1 Like

Re: PHCN Workers Issue Threat On Handover Of Companies by gogochocolate: 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
PHCN staff are the most incompetent group of people. Govt even tried paying them off. They cannot generate money to pay themselves despite having monopoly of the power. I have no regards for them. They short change us and assume nigeria is meant for them. Every agency run by the government is in shit.

(1) (Reply)

Spilling Innocent Blood Unislamic, Islam’s Supreme Body Tells Boko Haram / Dr Ifeanyi Ubah Is Not Broke / How Reno Omokri And His New Media Will Harm GEJ Real Bad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.