Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Is The Bible Only For Believers ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible Only For Believers ? (4111 Views)

Question For Believers / "The Lord's Prayer" Is Not For Believers / Famous Rosary Miracles (for Believers). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by Mikhaela: 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

Be careful, please. You obviously do not under the mysteries in Harry Potter. You need to believe in Harry Potter to understand the full story. Without that belief, all you have is half knowledge. J.K Rowling was just an instrument inspired by Lord Obirigi... undecided

Sarcasm !! Sweet ! Anyways, just to be more clear about what I mean : You need to be a believer to fully understand the Bible but it doesn't mean that it's solely for believers.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by MrTroll(m): 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mikhaela:

Sarcasm !! Sweet ! Anyways, just to be more clear about what I mean : You need to be a believer to fully understand the Bible but it doesn't mean that it's solely for believers.
its not a case of understanding. Its a case of justifying absurdity. You see, most christians when faced with an especially unjustifyable absurdity pull out the tired old mysteriousness card. They even go on to claim that it is not a logical book. Apparently they think logic is an evil concept that should not find roots in faith. Meanwhile, man is a rational being and it is only sensible that whatever you want to sell to him must make reasonable sense. And they wonder why others call them delusional. . . Funny enough they can confidently debunk muslims and their quran using. . . Logic.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by Mikhaela: 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: its not a case of understanding. Its a case of justifying absurdity. You see, most christians when faced with an especially unjustifyable absurdity pull out the tired old mysteriousness card. They even go on to claim that it is not a logical book. Apparently they think logic is an evil concept that should not find roots in faith. Meanwhile, man is a rational being and it is only sensible that whatever you want to sell to him must make reasonable sense. And they wonder why others call them delusional. . . Funny enough they can confidently debunk muslims and their quran using. . . Logic.cheesy

But... there is no human logic (deliberately using human) to understanding something "spiritual". It's not... logical. See? That's why I earlier compared the Bible to a Harry Potter novel. It's thrilling, gives goosebumps, miracles and all, angles fighting and animals with multiple heads and etc but it remains a book to me.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by MrTroll(m): 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mikhaela:

But... there is no human logic (deliberately using human) to understanding something "spiritual". It's not... logical. See? That's why I earlier compared the Bible to a Harry Potter novel. It's thrilling, gives goosebumps, miracles and all, angles fighting and animals with multiple heads and etc but it remains a book to me.
ah! Spiritual!!!
In that case then. . .

Edit: there's something i learnt a long time ago. . . If you say you understand something but cannot explain it in the simplest of terms to an average lay person then you don't really understand it. You can only pretend you do and coat your ignorance in obfuscation. . .

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by Mikhaela: 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: ah! Spiritual!!!
In that case then. . .

Edit: there's something i learnt a long time ago. . . If you say you understand something but cannot explain it in the simplest of terms to an average lay person then you don't really understand it. You can only pretend you do and coat your ignorance in obfuscation. . .

Well yeah spiritual. That is the whole point of religion, isn't it? Please don't expect me to understand a virgin giving birth. It makes NO sense to someone who doesn't actually believe and there is no point in trying to explain because I just can NEVER understand it. You need faith to fully comprehend the Bible.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by MrTroll(m): 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mikhaela:

Well yeah spiritual. That is the whole point of religion, isn't it? Please don't expect me to understand a virgin giving birth. It makes NO sense to someone who doesn't actually believe and there is no point in trying to explain because I just can NEVER understand it. You need faith to fully comprehend the Bible.
As well as every other ridiculous religious books out there. . . The problem arises when they start the 'my religion is better than yours' nonsense, attempting to convince someone else using. . .Logic.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: this is what you said initially, as if the gospel was separate from the bible. Don't you see how you are contradicting yourself?
If you tell someone about jesus and he says where did you get the idea of this gospel message and you show him the bible and he reads it and tells you that it really doesn't make sense. . . What then? Do you tell him to just believe first? In that gospel gotten from the bible which is not written for unbelievers yet being told to them? How silly!
No I'm contradicting myself, just read carefully, again the gospel is a message, that message is a person, a compilation of that person is the bible. Now when the message of the gospel is preach, the message in itself has a power to impact faith on the hearer to believe the message, not necessarily to understand it as I quoted in Rom 1:16, believing now saves guys and gives him the HS to know fully understand what is has believed. As I said severally you don't need a deep knowledge of the bible to be saved.
The sequence is: you hear the message - you believe the message - your saved and receive the HS - then you understand. The extent to which you attend the last part will depend solely on diligence in studying. Hope you understand.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by Mikhaela: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: As well as every other ridiculous religious books out there. . . The problem arises when they start the 'my religion is better than yours' nonsense, attempting to convince someone else using. . .Logic.

Thumbs up ! I agree sir smiley
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mikhaela: Is the Bible only for believers? No. I am not a believer and I've read the Bible and I actually love it ! I hope this doesn't come off as bashing because it certainly isn't. The Bible for me is like reading a fiction novel.. I compare it to Harry Potter sometimes. But I don't think it's possible to FULLY understand it if you're not a believer. There is NO logic to the Bible. From the ordinary eye, it makes no sense whatsoever, it is just another fiction book.
Thank you very much, simple this is just the answer to Op and all other atheists.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
RationalDude: Italo's "Holy spirit" says that "spiri-koko" Christians are still prone to sin but........
Noblefada's "Holy spirit" says the exact opposite (although he backs it up with a bible verse, I'm sure that Italo will still counter with another verse from the same bible).
Observe in all my arguments I quote scriptures. But let just elaborate, when a man becomes born again he is new creature n has believed new Spirit, that Spirit CANNOT SIN! For some of us, we operate on our man as a Spirit, hence we declare we cannot sin. pls know its deeper than what just explain just wanted to simplify it.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: As well as every other ridiculous religious books out there. . . The problem arises when they start the 'my religion is better than yours' nonsense, attempting to convince someone else using. . .Logic.
I don't know why you finding hard to accept the obvious facts, the bible is not a logical book, it clearly says so and that's what @mikhaela is trying you understand. You can read as a historical book, philosophical, adventure or whatever its ok, but when you what to makes sense of it you need the element of faith. Pls read my first response again, the bible say its mysterious even some writers could not fully understood what was written. So nobody is hiding under any "mysterious cloak', that's just what the bible is.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by MrTroll(m): 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
No offense but @noble, you are making less sense with each succeeding post. . . Or maybe i don't have the holy spirit thats whyundecided

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars:

Soldiers of Christ are obligated to be close-minded, leave no space whatsoever for the Devil to penetrate, discard sound reasoning if it threatens your faith.

That's why Ajibam once claimed he can't sin.

You are the only atheist whose post I enjoy reading. smiley Lmao, why you guys no won leave Ajibam be na?
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by plaetton: 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
I will contribute to this discussion when I stop laughing. I have been laughing since yesterday.
This kind of laughter is ther
apeutic for me.

I really love NL.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
To me I don't think the bible is only for believers. The bible can be used by believers to convert non-believers, but its not limited to them.
It can also be used for other things, but this is the example I feel like giving for now.

It can't be for only believers because they need this book to bring in people into their world, and this is the only 'living substance' (as claimed) left by their God for them.

So in conclusion, the bible is not only for believers.

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by RationalDude(m): 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
noblefada:
Observe in all my arguments I quote scriptures. But let just elaborate, when a man becomes born again he is new creature n has believed new Spirit, that Spirit CANNOT SIN! For some of us, we operate on our man as a Spirit, hence we declare we cannot sin. pls know its deeper than what just explain just wanted to simplify it.
Well, you have just succeded in confusing me. What do you mean by a born again man is infused with a new spirit that can't sin? What if he mistakenly falls into sin again? Does the new spirit leave him? And when he asks for forgiveness, does the new spirit come back into him? Clarify please.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
All these arguments are amusing me....Esp. the Christians opinions....completely shallow....lemme just grab a plate of Odeku and continue watching the whole drama cool

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by Mikhaela: 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
noblefada:

What do you mean by he cannot sin? So wait, he can commit adultery, murder and so forth and it would not be considered as sin? Fantaboulous ! Phuck that isht, life is good for u then smiley
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 3:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: No offense but @noble, you are making less sense with each succeeding post. . . Or maybe i don't have the holy spirit thats whyundecided
Well it left for you to decide, guess you've never seen the bible from this perspectives and if I've not even scratched the bottom, that why I advise you leave the bible for believers.
But again I admire your courage (I admire atheists because an average one is intelligent) because some xtians don't have not an idea of what I'm saying, that's I try to reason with atheists who were former xtians because they were not properly taught when they were in the faith.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by Mikhaela: 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
noblefada:
But again I admire your courage (I admire atheists because an average one is intelligent) because some xtians don't have not an idea of what I'm saying, that's I try to reason with atheists who were former xtians because they were not properly taught when they were in the faith.

What? LMAO. Please re-read what you wrote and tell me you didn't laugh?! Are u being sarcastic? Serious, *raises hands to the sky* it's a legitimate question
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
RationalDude: Well, you have just succeded in confusing me. What do you mean by a born again man is infused with a new spirit that can't sin? What if he mistakenly falls into sin again? Does the new spirit leave him? And when he asks for forgiveness, does the new spirit come back into him? Clarify please.
Ok, but let me say this I'm only doing because I believe ur guys are intelligent and for xtians to learn otherwise things like this are thought in school of the Word, we spent hours and days to learn what I'm trying to simplify here.
Man is essentially a spirit, he has a soul n lives in a body. An unbeliever is spiritual dead. Once he becomes born again he is giving a new Spirit which is alive to God and that is the Spirit that cannot sin. But he still has is previous soul (mind), which responsible when a believer sins, that's why Apostle Paul admonish us in Rom 12:1-2 to renew our minds with the Word of God.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 4:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mikhaela:

What do you mean by he cannot sin? So wait, he can commit adultery, murder and so forth and it would not be considered as sin? Fantaboulous ! Phuck that isht, life is good for u then smiley
As I said above the faculty of the believer that's responsible for sin is his old un-regenerated mind n not his Spirit which is new and his born of God. That's why Apostle Paul said in Gal 5:16 KJV This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
So is it possible to live above sin? yes very possible just walk by the Spirit.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by Mikhaela: 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
noblefada:
As I said above the faculty of the believer that's responsible for sin is his old un-regenerated mind n not his Spirit which is new and his born of God. That's why Apostle Paul said in Gal 5:16 KJV This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
So is it possible to live above sin? yes very possible just walk by the Spirit.

Love, you make no sense. Why quote the bible to explain your point when u know I'm am Atheist? And even so, you explained noting, rather you created more confusion. So you mean that you don't sin? You're above sin? Can't stop laughing...
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by MrTroll(m): 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
noblefada:
Well it left for you to decide, guess you've never seen the bible from this perspectives and if I've not even scratched the bottom, that why I advise you leave the bible for believers.
smh. I give up!!! angry
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 4:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mikhaela:

What? LMAO. Please re-read what you wrote and tell me you didn't laugh?! Are u being sarcastic? Serious, *raises hands to the sky* it's a legitimate question
No! you see some xtians will view what I'm saying as a waste of time but I do it mainly for two reasons, one should any believer be following the thread and need answers and two when others genuinely search for answers they google and might be brought to this threads, hence they can get some explanations. I'm not doing it because I want to prove a point, far for it. Even when u guys make jest of me I just smile.
Let tell u guys this, from where I come this are elementary stuffs, that's why u hardly see in some threads like can female we trousers or cover hair, should we pay tithe and all those heaven & hell fairy tales, those I just too shalow baby stuffs.
What i'm simply trying to tell the atheists you don't any about bible yet the boast so much and feel arrogant that they know.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby: To me I don't think the bible is only for believers. The bible can be used by believers to convert non-believers, but its not limited to them.
It can also be used for other things, but this is the example I feel like giving for now.

It can't be for only believers because they need this book to bring in people into their world, and this is the only 'living substance' (as claimed) left by their God for them.

So in conclusion, the bible is not only for believers.
Sorry again its not the bible that get people saved, its the gospel of Christ. That's why I may not necessarily have to open the bible b4 I get people saved.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mikhaela:

Love, you make no sense. Why quote the bible to explain your point when u know I'm am Atheist? And even so, you explained noting, rather you created more confusion. So you mean that you don't sin? You're above sin? Can't stop laughing...
I quote the scriptures because the issue is about the bible. I didn't say that I don't sin, it is my Spirit man that cannot sin and here again you see why it takes the Spirit of God understand the bible?
You see truth still many churches are not dedicated to teaching, there is this saying we have that because the wrong things have been taught for so long that when the right thing is taught, the call it heresy.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by noblefada: 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
@All I've severally said the unbelievers should stop trying to explain the scriptures because they can't understand it! Just a simple course on "Now you're born again", which of course is what I've been discussing above, they're all acting confused. What if start going into deeper issues like: when it first rained on earth, or why we have continents today, or God plant the tree of the knowledge of good & evil in the garden or I start showing you the revelations of Jesus Christ from Genesis to Malachi, or we go into the mystery of the tower of babel and finally on the Pauline revelations, which Apostle Peter himself said it was hard to understand (2 Peter 3:15-18).
So pls give it up, you know next to nothing about through bible.

NB: Pls I apologies for any typo error, using a touch screen phone, which I dnt particularly like.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by MrTroll(m): 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
Plaetton oh! Abeg come close this ya thread. My belle wan burst grin grin grin
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
noblefada:
Sorry again its not the bible that get people saved, its the gospel of Christ. That's why I may not necessarily have to open the bible b4 I get people saved.

So yeah, I see you did not understand my point and you need to read it again keeping at the back of your mind that you guys claim that the bible is Jesus manifest in flesh.
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by Mikhaela: 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
noblefada:
I quote the scriptures because the issue is about the bible. I didn't say that I don't sin, it is my Spirit man that cannot sin and here again you see why it takes the Spirit of God understand the bible?
You see truth still many churches are not dedicated to teaching, there is this saying we have that because the wrong things have been taught for so long that when the right thing is taught, the call it heresy.

Then what is the point of explaining if you know that unbelievers can't understand?
Re: Is The Bible Only For Believers ? by plaetton: 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mr Troll: Plaetton oh! Abeg come close this ya thread. My belle wan burst grin grin grin

Old boy, na wa o.
You have no idea how difficult it has been for me stop laughing, compose my self, and rejoin this thread.

This is probably the funniest thread I have ever seen.
In an ironic way, I am beginning to respect this noblefada guy.
He deserves an award for something, anything.
Just give him an award.
Lmao!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been To Ori-oke Baba Abiye Before? / Vote Your Best Pastor Of The Year 2009 Here. / Do Spirits Of People Live After They Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.