Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,609 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

Thread For Weed Smokers. - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Thread For Weed Smokers. (31540 Views)

Photo Of How Smokers Kill Themselves: Viewers Discretion Advised. / EBOLA: Cigarette Smokers To Dip Their Sticks in Salty Water Before Smoking? / How Do You Feel After Smoking Weed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
HolyHolla:

My dear friend, you have to permit me to express my own valid views too by saying people should ask Majek. It seems you've not been reading many of the posts on this thread. I've read so many experiences shared by people here, which indicate near or complete madness even at just the first tote of weed. So, your submission that "weed can never do that to you" is definitely invalid. After all, Majek is not considered as mad and that means his case is not necessarily the worst experience.

Yes, there are some people with pot heads who are able to bear the effects of weed without running off the cliff; yes, weed can be a herbal medicine to treat some medical conditions; yes, weed may not be as damaging as coke, H, alcohol or even nicotine in some cases; yes, you may find the experience exhilarating... yes; yes; yes... But not starting drugs at all is much safer than trying and depending on it or going on to higher grounds with coke or H or going 'kolo' on it.

I'm not claiming to be holier than Majek. I too was once down that road for almost 2 decades, when I used to love it jumbo sized. I knew Majek Fashek too way back in the very early 80s. That was even before he had his first hit music. He was a regular visitor to a female colleague at work, who was tripping too and was also a popular part time actress in "Mirror in the Sun", one of the first popularized Nigerian soap apera, but is nowhere near fame or sight right now. Way back then we found his utterances interesting because of the jives and the music he could strum up on his guitar. It could even have been a source of inspiration for his music like in the case of Fela too. But there are definitely dangers associated in being addicted to pot, or even to anything else for that matter. And nobody can say that weed is not addictive and any form of addiction portends danger and caution.

No-one says you as a person has no right to turn yourself into what you like, but for you to encourage other people to emulate the same is not acceptable. There are youth and adolescents viewing this thread too. They need to be educated on the other choice of remaining weed free, rather than encouraging them that it's just a great trip to heaven becoming a pot head. I read a post by someone, who after being encouraged by the positive posts wished she too could go on the trip just to experience the 'great' feelings that are being potrayed. Way back in my school days, I had friends with whom I did stuff, but none of them is standing today. They are either dead from the effects and results of stoning or on the kolo mental road. What I always say to myself is, "it could have been me".

and one of my personal qutes is, do what ever makes you happy, and helps you maintain a healthy relationship between you nd Jah your Creator.
I have seen some positive changis in my life sice i discoverd herbs of wisdom, i think more deep, and i have grown a bigger and healthier stature ,

Majek fashek did Hard drugs and it rendered him useless. 80 percent of all roots reggae kings took herb, and none a dem is in his state.

My opinion, i am nt perfect
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by HolyHolla(m): 4:27am On Dec 03, 2013
rasojie:

and one of my personal qutes is, do what ever makes you happy, and helps you maintain a healthy relationship between you nd Jah your Creator.
I have seen some positive changis in my life sice i discoverd herbs of wisdom, i think more deep, and i have grown a bigger and healthier stature ,

Majek fashek did Hard drugs and it rendered him useless. 80 percent of all roots reggae kings took herb, and none a dem is in his state.

My opinion, i am nt perfect

That's quite a mature response, my Man. I used to feel the same way too. I could have been doing hard drugs too like Majek... I am Majek... It could really have been me.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by illicit(m): 7:50am On Dec 03, 2013
HolyHolla:

That's quite a mature response, my Man. I used to feel the same way too. I could have been doing hard drugs too like Majek... I am Majek... It could really have been me.
excuse me, weed didnt do that to majek, hard drugs did, tins like coke, heroine, all those adultrated chemicals, and u need to know weed isn addictive, never, do ur research and prove me wrong, btw weed is nt for everyone and thats whats important about it

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by lance4luv(m): 8:10am On Dec 03, 2013
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by lymelyte(m): 8:37am On Dec 03, 2013
Weed enhances the thought process of any1 dat consume it. However, over prolong use can lead to gap in formative analysis of problem n solution .
Moderation should be the watchword here. If consumed properly and moderately,then no cause for alarm. Weed is nature welcoming n friendly.It reveals a lot of things beyond normal human realm n reasoning. I for one,use it for recreational purpose i.e fcukin grin,holding a particular thought for a period of time, orthodox and lateral thinking etc.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by HolyHolla(m): 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
illicit:
excuse me, weed didnt do that to majek, hard drugs did, tins like coke, heroine, all those adultrated chemicals, and u need to know weed isn addictive, never, do ur research and prove me wrong, btw weed is nt for everyone and thats whats important about it

Please read my posts well. I never said weed did it to Majek, even though it's obvious weed could do it to a light headed person so I also agree that weed isn't for everyone. So there, we're on the same page. But I differ with you on the 2nd page with your submission that weed isn't addictive. I was there for nearly 20 years, struggling to be free, so for me, it was an addiction. I can't exchange your views for my personal experience, can I?
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Trippledots(m): 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hmmmm...
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
HolyHolla:

Please read my posts well. I never said weed did it to Majek, even though it's obvious weed could do it to a light headed person so I also agree that weed isn't for everyone. So there, we're on the same page. But I differ with you on the 2nd page with your submission that weed isn't addictive. I was there for nearly 20 years, struggling to be free, so for me, it was an addiction. I can't exchange your views for my personal experience, can I?

Mate that's good for you and I'm happy for you...

But why you bringing this negative vibe here na?

You dont smoke....We don hear...What are you still doing on a thread for active smokers? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by HolyHolla(m): 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
GustavoFring:

Mate that's good for you and I'm happy for you...

But why you bringing this negative vibe here na?

You dont smoke....We don hear...What are you still doing on a thread for active smokers? undecided

Just being a Nairalander like everyone else... a democratic right, mate. Got any problem with that?
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
HolyHolla:

Just being a Nairalander like everyone else... a democratic right, mate. Got any problem with that?

It's your type that will go to a mosque to preach the gospel citing democratic rights. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by HolyHolla(m): 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
GustavoFring:

It's your type that will go to a mosque to preach the gospel citing democratic rights. undecided

Well, anyway you see it, you've got to cut me some slacks. Everyone's got his choices to make, even if I enter Boko Haram camp brandishing a large Bible. It's my choice to get my severed head on a platter if they want.

If you so hate democracy, I should expect you move over to Iran, or Afghanistan, or Sudan or some other place to prove it. Perhaps, if you stop the undemocratic posture, I could long have been done with my scanty submission on the thread and gone to rest. But as long as I face any challenge, It's got to be like a man. I honor everyone, but I don't cow for nobody.

I wouldn't have minded if you were only sharing your experience as a pot smoker, but when you think you should encourage it, you've another 'think' coming up. My own children and wards are also on NL!!!
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
HolyHolla:
[s]
Well, anyway you see it, you've got to cut me some slacks. Everyone's got his choices to make, even if I enter Boko Haram camp brandishing a large Bible. It's my choice to grt my head on a platter if they want. Perhaps, if you stop the undemocratic posture, I could long have been done with my scanty submission on the thread and gone to rest. But as long as I face any challenge, It's got to be like a man. I honor everyone, but I don't cow for nobody.

I wouldn't have minded if you were only sharing your experience as a pot smoker, but when you think you should encourage it, you've another 'think' coming up. My own children and wards are also on NL!!![/s]

undecided
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
GustavoFring:

undecided
Smh. What a doofus.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by joudini(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
HolyHolla, do you have any credible and objective citation from peer-reviewed medical journals where it is stated that weed is expressly addictive?
Please bear in mind the popular Pavlov experiment in classical conditioning in case you wish to cite 'behavioural addiction'.

From decades of review of international research on marijuana, both laboratory and survey research, between 10-30% of regular users will develop dependency. Only about 9% will have serious addiction. Is this what people unobjectively extrapolate on the whole population size?

Citations from pharmacology journals supporting your massive claims would be highly appreciated.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by HolyHolla(m): 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
aManFromMars:
Smh. What a doofus.

Hahaha. I chose to be free from pot and I become a doofus. You chose to stay a pothead and you're the smart aleck! Come on Boy, you need to port, and fast too.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by HolyHolla(m): 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
joudini: HolyHolla, do you have any credible and objective citation from peer-reviewed medical journals where it is stated that weed is expressly addictive?
Please bear in mind the popular Pavlov experiment in classical conditioning in case you wish to cite 'behavioural addiction'.

From decades of review of international research on marijuana, both laboratory and survey research, between 10-30% of regular users will develop dependency. Only about 9% will have serious addiction. Is this what people unobjectively extrapolate on the whole population size?

Citations from pharmacology journals supporting your massive claims would be highly appreciated.

Good reasoning, my Man. I like it when people are man enough to reason and argue objectively rather than engage in unnecessary invectives, which only shows a low ilk.

I never portend everyone would be addicted, I only said experientially, I was. You are not wrong, but I was probably in the category of that 10-30% that developed dependency or the addicted 9%. Maybe, so also some others who may venture could be like me. I don't need to go pharmacologic to prove addictiveness. Just take me as case study and part of citation in that research you requested.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by HolyHolla(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
lance4luv: .
###MUST READ###

Click:

https://www.nairaland.com/1532526/experience-weed

This is one of those I was referring to. Experiece, they say, is the best teacher.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by joudini(m): 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
HolyHolla, do you realise that personal anecdotal evidence is inadmissible as scientific fact because it has no variable to serve as scientific control?

Do you realise that in the event of having a model created to test this anecdote and it is found to be inconsistent with majorly held scientific proofs, even if it is minutely true, it is classed an outlier, and this has no place in scientific analysis?

Are you then for a second, suggesting (through your use of an obviously imbalanced Majek and screaming that this is what weed causes) that your personal experience, an anecdote, supersedes painstaking clinical and laboratory researches by certified experts in regulated control environment conducted on thousands of people over decades and published in peer review journals?

See, i am not saying science is always the absolute truth(actually nothing can be closer to the truth than objective science) but one thing we can always be grateful for is that science has thrown more light on the darkness of our ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by HolyHolla(m): 9:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
joudini: HolyHolla, do you realise that personal anecdotal evidence is inadmissible as scientific fact because it has no variable to serve as scientific control?

Do you realise that in the event of having a model created to test this anecdote and it is found to be inconsistent with majorly held scientific proofs, even if it is minutely true, it is classed an outlier, and this has no place in scientific analysis?

Are you then for a second, suggesting (through your use of an obviously imbalanced Majek and screaming that this is what weed causes) that your personal experience, an anecdote, supersedes painstaking clinical and laboratory researches by certified experts in regulated control environment conducted on thousands of people over decades and published in peer review journals?

See, i am not saying science is always the absolute truth(actually nothing can be closer to the truth than objective science) but one thing we can always be grateful for is that science has thrown more light on the darkness of our ignorance.

Oh no. I never wrote that weed caused Majek's state. I have not even condemned weed smoking but only asked that we dont preach the good news only so that some would not see only the positive and get hooked before they can know how to make choices. These are the points I can remember I've made so far in this thread. I may have inferred that if Majek never got into weed, he may probably have been saved the higher steps of doping hard. Some stay at weed and remain useful to society. Some step from there into other stuff. Some who even stop at weed still have lighter heads and go off the brink. Those have been my points. No insinuations intended too. I identify with weed smoking, having been on that road too.

We're not all the same. For this particular reason alone, I refuse to probe deeper into methods of scientific evaluation and verification. I chose to depend on my personal experiences, no matter how trivial I may seem. Science itself is yet to succeed in answering several questions so I can't totally depend on it. So, please permit me to depend on my myopic opinions of my personal experimentation with weed, which I glossed over without details, so I wont need to provide journals to my defence, my dear friend.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by HaiIaintNoJoke: 12:39am On Dec 04, 2013
e-herbal:
yes the bad ones grin
lol
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by HaiIaintNoJoke: 12:44am On Dec 04, 2013
HolyHolla:

My dear friend, you have to permit me to express my own valid views too by saying people should ask Majek. It seems you've not been reading many of the posts on this thread. I've read so many experiences shared by people here, which indicate near or complete madness even at just the first tote of weed. So, your submission that "weed can never do that to you" is definitely invalid. After all, Majek is not considered as mad and that means his case is not necessarily the worst experience.

Yes, there are some people with pot heads who are able to bear the effects of weed without running off the cliff; yes, weed can be a herbal medicine to treat some medical conditions; yes, weed may not be as damaging as coke, H, alcohol or even nicotine in some cases; yes, you may find the experience exhilarating... yes; yes; yes... But not starting drugs at all is much safer than trying and depending on it or going on to higher grounds with coke or H or going 'kolo' on it.

I'm not claiming to be holier than Majek. I too was once down that road for almost 2 decades, when I used to love it jumbo sized. I knew Majek Fashek too way back in the very early 80s. That was even before he had his first hit music. He was a regular visitor to a female colleague at work, who was tripping too and was also a popular part time actress in "Mirror in the Sun", one of the first popularized Nigerian soap apera, but is nowhere near fame or sight right now. Way back then we found his utterances interesting because of the jives and the music he could strum up on his guitar. It could even have been a source of inspiration for his music like in the case of Fela too. But there are definitely dangers associated in being addicted to pot, or even to anything else for that matter. And nobody can say that weed is not addictive and any form of addiction portends danger and caution.

No-one says you as a person has no right to turn yourself into what you like, but for you to encourage other people to emulate the same is not acceptable. There are youth and adolescents viewing this thread too. They need to be educated on the other choice of remaining weed free, rather than encouraging them that it's just a great trip to heaven becoming a pot head. I read a post by someone, who after being encouraged by the positive posts wished she too could go on the trip just to experience the 'great' feelings that are being potrayed. Way back in my school days, I had friends with whom I did stuff, but none of them is standing today. They are either dead from the effects and results of stoning or on the kolo mental road. What I always say to myself is, "it could have been me".
blaa blaa cool story!
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by HolyHolla(m): 7:55am On Dec 04, 2013
Ha!I_aintNoJoke:
blaa blaa cool story!

Yeah, cool story. B(l)aah, b(l)aah black sheep, have you any pooh, ... one for your boss, one for your dame and one for your little kid crying in the room.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 04, 2013
HolyHolla:

Yeah, cool story. B(l)aah, b(l)aah black sheep, have you any pooh, ... one for your boss, one for your dame and one for your little kid crying in the room.

Come on, we've heard your stories and appreciate your concern. Spare us the preaching. I'm asking nicely, thanks. smiley
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by HolyHolla(m): 8:35am On Dec 04, 2013
aManFromMars:

Come on, we've heard your stories and appreciate your concern. Spare us the preaching. I'm asking nicely, thanks. smiley

That's more like showing good manners. Since you asked politely, I'll oblige you. But tell your friends to sheath the sword. The Sword of Damocles knows no reprieve when it swings.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by fyneboi79(m): 11:09am On Dec 07, 2013
Weed is d best taken in d morning before meals.gringrin and at night before sleep.
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by lymelyte(m): 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
fyneboi79: Weed is d best taken in d morning before meals.gringrin and at night before sleep.
E nor too gud for nyt oo.. u fit come across nightmares when defy explanation..."talking 4rm Experience". grin it is best taking early hours in d morning.(from 5:30am)
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2013
The ministweed is moving.. grin grin grin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/uruguays-senate-is-expected-to-legalize-marijuana-in-latin-american-country/2013/12/10/20ae3cfa-61e5-11e3-bf45-61f69f54fc5f_story.html

Lawmakers in the small South American nation of Uruguay voted Tuesday to legalize and regulate marijuana, going further than any other country in the world toward decriminalizing the plant and lifting the stigma from its use.

With the move, Uruguay leaps to the forefront of nations that have sought alternatives to criminal anti-narcotics enforcement, frustrated with the human and economic costs of fighting a drug war that rarely shows signs of progress.

Under the law, marijuana users will be allowed to buy a maximum of 40 grams ­(1.4 ounces)­ each month from government-regulated outlets, provided that they are at least 18 years old and registered in a database to monitor their cumulative purchases.

Growers will be allowed to cultivate up to six plants in their homes each year, not to exceed 480 grams. Aficionados will also be able to join forces and establish smoking clubs of 15 to 45 members with the ability to produce 99 plants a year. The green stuff won’t be allowed over the borders.

Nor will foreign tourists will be eligible to buy Uruguay’s legalized weed, making it improbable that Montevideo, the capital, will turn into a southern Amsterdam besieged by a flood of global stoners.

The experiment in Uruguay will be closely watched by other countries in Latin America and around the world, including the United States, where the Obama administration opposes marijuana legalization but has softened to state-driven ballot initiatives that decriminalize its use.

Erm, any medical or scientific links between weed smoking and creativity. Abi, all na myth? undecided

1 Like

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by MrTroll(m): 12:43am On Dec 12, 2013
Its most probably a myth. The one I'm quite sure of is LSD. clinical trials were done in the 70s on its ability to enhance creativity and the results were quite positive but due to the fact that it had no therapeutic value coupled with the fact that it caused serious mass hysteria from overuse then, it was then criminalised and classified as a schedule 1 drug.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by dorggito1(m): 9:16am On Dec 18, 2013
Weed is a natural plant that enhances ur mind,makes u b consciously aware of urself and environment.I started takin weed bck then in high sch prefarably cookin it with soup on weekends after lectures.i and my rumie after takin laugh, sing and jst ve fun.everytin looks gud.its jst like a year nw i started smokin it to jst to get d thrills.weed connects people u knw, there is this brotherly luv u feel wen u smoke weed with cool people especially positive people. i dnt drink alchohol jst weed and vitamilk which is gud for d mind and body.it awakens ur senses lol i always do research abt weed jst to knw d gud and bad abt it.i came to my findings dat it does so much gud wen taken in moderation.so many people abuse it dats y it looks like a bad tin in d eyes of d society and people.even panadol ve effect wen taken in overdose,soft drinks too can cause runnin stomach wen taken in large quantity.pls lets stop abusing weed/marijuana nd allowin peeps givin it a bad name.#Team legalize weed nd tax it #

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
same her bro. the brotherly love is second to none. i dont do alcohol . its all about monderation. know your limit.
dorggito1: Weed is a natural plant that enhances ur mind,makes u b consciously aware of urself and environment.I started takin weed bck then in high sch prefarably cookin it with soup on weekends after lectures.i and my rumie after takin laugh, sing and jst ve fun.everytin looks gud.its jst like a year nw i started smokin it to jst to get d thrills.weed connects people u knw, there is this brotherly luv u feel wen u smoke weed with cool people especially positive people. i dnt drink alchohol jst weed and vitamilk which is gud for d mind and body.it awakens ur senses lol i always do research abt weed jst to knw d gud and bad abt it.i came to my findings dat it does so much gud wen taken in moderation.so many people abuse it dats y it looks like a bad tin in d eyes of d society and people.even panadol ve effect wen taken in overdose,soft drinks too can cause runnin stomach wen taken in large quantity.pls lets stop abusing weed/marijuana nd allowin peeps givin it a bad name.#Team legalize weed nd tax it #

Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by sweetguy10(m): 10:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
I'll rather not want them to legalize it . There is this feeling that accompanies smoking and knowing that you could be busted , caught or arrested . Okay if it's not a cool feeling it at least keep you apprehensive . Besides there will be lots of bleeped up brains and loonies walking the streets if the herb gets legalized , don't forget that not everybody's medulla is strong enough to withstand the after effect of weed usage
Re: Thread For Weed Smokers. by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 19, 2013
It should be legal but restricted in a way

I know it is going to be abused! But if the govt re serious... Plans shouldbe made to regulate its usage
sweetguy10: I'll rather not want them to legalize it . There is this feeling that accompanies smoking and knowing that you could be busted , caught or arrested . Okay if it's not a cool feeling it at least keep you apprehensive . Besides there will be lots of bleeped up brains and loonies walking the streets if the herb gets legalized , don't forget that not everybody's medulla is strong enough to withstand the after effect of weed usage

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13)

COVID-19: DICON Develops DICOVENT, Ventilators For Local Use / Police Recover N200,000 From Mentally Challenged Woman In Delta / Coronavirus: Iran Releases 54,000 Prisoners To Combat Spread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.