Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? (2519 Views)

Poll: Should men be allowed a Right Over Their Unborn babies?

Yes: 75% (3 votes)
No: 25% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

(photo) Can Nigerian Men Be This Romantic?? / Should Men Be Dragged To The Altar / How Should Men Overcome Womanizing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 12:46am On Jun 27, 2008
He's in the US and she works in an oil coy in Angola but she recently got pregnant for him. Homeboy wasn't straight on when they are getting married and she first threatened to terminate the pregnancy, he thought she was joking because her mom in Naija told him she can't do it but she went ahead and terminated the pregnancy anyway. The guy told me last wk that she has no right to terminate HIS [/b]pregnancy and I was like : " The moment you shoot out the semen into a woman's body, you've forfeited your right to ownership of that semen until the next 9 months " and he told me that I was wrong . Homeboy is claiming that both of them has a 50-50 right over the unborn child [b]according to Nigerian law and I told him that I haven't heard any law like that in Naija besides the baby was conceived in Angola,however, the only right he has over a pregnancy is supplying [/b]money to the expecting mother to take care of her needs, otherwise, kapus!!!.

[b]Question:
Should men be allowed to have a right over their unborn babies? Why? Do you think that some women are using that advantage over men to punish some men especially when the men are so attached to the pregnancy?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

He's in the US and she works in an oil coy in Angola but she recently got pregnant for him. Homeboy wasn't straight on when they are getting married and she first threatened to terminate the pregnancy, he thought she was joking because her mom in Naija told him she can't do it but she went ahead and terminated the pregnancy anyway. The guy told me last wk that she has no right to terminate HIS [/b]pregnancy and I was like : " The moment you shoot out the semen into a woman's body, you've forfeited your right to ownership of that semen until the next 9 months " and he told me that I was wrong . Homeboy is claiming that both of them has a 50-50 right over the unborn child [b]according to Nigerian law and I told him that I haven't heard any law like that in Naija besides the baby was conceived in Angola,however, [b]the only right he has over a pregnancy is [b]supplying money to the expecting mother to take care of her needs, otherwise, kapus!!!.
Question: Should men be allowed to have a right over their unborn babies? Why? Do you think that some women are using that advantage over men to punish some men especially when the men are so attached to the pregnancy?

This sounds ridiculous to me. He doesn't have rights over the unborn child but he should supply money to the expecting mother if she intends to keep the baby? Total selfishess, if you ask me on the female's part!!
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 1:02am On Jun 27, 2008
This sounds ridiculous to me. He doesn't have rights over the unborn child but he should supply money to the expecting mother? Total selfishess, if you ask me on the female's part!!
Sorry baby, life is not fair. Was it the women that made the rules?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 27, 2008
Sorry some of us have conscience.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 1:09am On Jun 27, 2008
Sorry some of us have conscience.
It's not a moral issue. The issue is not even a guy supplying money because he also has a right not to do so. It was only a suggestion but thee question is whether the fact that a woman decides the fate of her unborn child SOLELY is grossly unfair in todays world since men contribute immensely towards the making of the pregnancy?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by noetic(m): 1:20am On Jun 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

It's not a moral issue. The issue is not even a guy supplying money because he also has a right not to do so. It was only a suggestion but thee question is whether the fact that a woman decides the fate of her unborn child SOLELY is grossly unfair in todays world since men contribute immensely towards the making of the pregnancy?
It is a moral issue. and considerin her guts to abort.

very callous, inhumane, animalistic, wicked, shameful, murderous, devilish and satanic act.

No one has a right to kill an unborn child
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by Nobody: 1:24am On Jun 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

It's a moral issue to me.
Now to the question, it's very much unfair for a man to have no say on the fate of an unborn child. Why? He's a human being and he sure do have feelings.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by noetic(m): 1:26am On Jun 27, 2008
no mind Redhotchick, she is a typical 9.ja gal
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 1:27am On Jun 27, 2008
It is a moral issue. and considerin her guts to abort.

very callous, inhumane, animalistic, wicked, shameful, murderous, devilish and satanic act.

No one has a right to kill an unborn child
I meant the question is not a moral issue. There are cases when the guy does not want the pregnancy but the woman wants to keep it real bad and she ends up keeping it even if the guy doesn't want it. Is it fair on guys?

Besides, the lengthy adjective you used to qualify the lady is unnecessary, you don't know whether she's pro life like you or share the same religious convictions like you do. Are you catholic?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 1:28am On Jun 27, 2008
no mind Redhotchick, she is a typical 9.ja girl
Osun represent!!!!

The only paradise in Naija,
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by ariblaze(m): 1:29am On Jun 27, 2008
@RedHotChic

so thats the norm eh

i would remind u if u participate in male bashings oo

letme tell you what your writeup and attitude with this post tells me

that its is aight for a guy, to impregnate a girl and stroll on,

since its not his responsibility  and belive me if it aint his responsibilty for the ist 9months it isnt for life!!!
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by onyinye2(f): 1:29am On Jun 27, 2008
@RedHotChic

im anglican and i still feel this is a moral issue.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 1:30am On Jun 27, 2008
@RedHotChic

so thats the norm eh

i would remind u if u participate in male bashings oo

letme tell you what your writeup and attitude with this post tells me

that its is aight for a guy, to impregnate a girl and stroll on,

since its not his responsibility and believe me if it aint his responsibilty for the ist 9months it isnt for life!!!

That'll be irresponsible of him. You are not planning to do that, are you?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by ariblaze(m): 1:30am On Jun 27, 2008
and if i was that guy.

i may walk
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by ariblaze(m): 1:31am On Jun 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

That'll be irresponsible of him. You are not planning to do that, are you?

you see double standards

now.i thought you were advocating for her 100% right to the unborn child
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 1:33am On Jun 27, 2008
@RedHotChic

im anglican and i still feel this is a moral issue.
Countries like the US that has laws pertaining to this has no moral code on over it. It's a personal decision but my question was whether the law can be reviewed to include the opinion of the men that are responsible for the pregnancy just like they do in surrogacy.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 1:34am On Jun 27, 2008
and if i was that guy.

i may walk
Absolutely, but don't walk too far b/c you'll need a bus fare back there in 9 months otherwise. cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by acidrop(f): 1:34am On Jun 27, 2008
no
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by acidrop(f): 1:35am On Jun 27, 2008
nah jst kidding, ofcourse yes
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 1:35am On Jun 27, 2008
no
In that case, if they walk after getting a woman pregnant, no qualms?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by ariblaze(m): 1:39am On Jun 27, 2008
belive me

if she presented an arguement like your friend did

if i walk, am not coming back, and the kid aint getting a pin from me, cos of her/his mum's insensitivity

let her take me to court for it
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by acidrop(f): 1:40am On Jun 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

In that case, if they walk after getting a woman pregnant, no qualms?
babe relax i said i was kidding. haba
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 1:42am On Jun 27, 2008
believe me

if she presented an arguement like your friend did

if i walk, am not coming back, and the kid aint getting a pin from me, because of her/his mum's insensitivity

let her take me to court for it
First of all, it's not the kids fault. You chose her to be your babies mother and not the baby.

2ndly, whether you want to come back or not, as long as you are in the US or canada, they'll come and carry you from that hole you are hiding unless you run to Zungeru.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 1:45am On Jun 27, 2008
Come to think of it, what has a woman's insensitivity gotta do with the fact that she's carrying a baby and should decide whether to have the baby or not? I'm pro life but I honestly do not wish men be allowed to make decisions over a woman's pregnancy because it's HER body and not the MAN"S body.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by StephenP(m): 1:48am On Jun 27, 2008
Damn sometimes I don't understand some women at all. If the dude had made the woman abort the baby, they'll be like "how can he kill his own unborn child?" Now here's a dude who's telling her not to abort and now the story changes to "he has no right over the unborn child." WOW

Since we all are for equality, I think both the man and women should have an equal right in determining the fate of the unborn child
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by ariblaze(m): 2:13am On Jun 27, 2008
Since we all are for equality, I think both the man and women should have an equal right in determining the fate of the unborn child

me sentiments exactly

@rhc

canada ooo yankee ooo

if i can prove in court she said , she wasnt up for the baby and she went ahead to have it,

or that she eloquently told me whatever she does with the pregnancy is i right, shouldnt i be allowed to breath

choosing some is only as far as going halfway
the person also has to be willing
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by superstan(m): 2:14am On Jun 27, 2008
right over unborn babies is not feasible. the answer is no.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 2:30am On Jun 27, 2008
I definitely respect all of these women and their rights to their domineering opinion on the subject of abortion, funny enough I still think the premise of their posts are filled with flaws.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 2:48am On Jun 27, 2008
I definitely respect all of these women and their rights to their domineering opinion on the subject of abortion, funny enough I still think the premise of their posts are filled with flaws.
What flaws?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 2:49am On Jun 27, 2008
This is one of the nasty ones: it's my body, i can kill the baby.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 2:49am On Jun 27, 2008
Consider the hormonal changes, stretch marks, mood swings, morning sicknesses associated with pregnancy and tell me which of them inflicts a measurable amount of pain on the man?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 2:51am On Jun 27, 2008
If a woman rapes a man don't you think the man has a right to determine what becomes of his sperm?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girlfriend Left Me A Voicemail By Accident, She's Talking To A Man,she Cheating? / How Do You Like Be Approached? Any Female Answer? / Sum1 Hlp Me Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.