Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Why Do Dangote Abandon His Crashed Trucks On Nigeria Highways - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Dangote Abandon His Crashed Trucks On Nigeria Highways (804 Views)

Why Buhari Had To Abandon His Campaign Promises-lai Mohamed / Why Dangote Abandons His Crashed Trucks On The Crash Scene. / Six Trucks On Fire On Benin-ore Expressway, FRSC Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Dangote Abandon His Crashed Trucks On Nigeria Highways by Etumgbe(m): 3:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
I don't know whether anybody has noticed this? Dangote group hardly tow any of their crashed trucks on the highways. I just came back from Owerri yesterday and i can tell you that from owerri to lagos that i counted more than 20 dangote crashed truck along the highway. Please does it mean that he doesn't need them any more?
Re: Why Do Dangote Abandon His Crashed Trucks On Nigeria Highways by idealsico(m): 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
I had wanted to open an exact thread after my return from a function in Lagos earlier this month.There were countless number of such trucks involved in accident at different points along the nation's highways.I could not deduce any good reason for the abandonment.I understand there are numerous trucks engaged in transportation of his products and raw materials.One thing quickly came to my mind: there is need for an overhaul of the company's safety management system.Yes,there is need for an urgent surgical operation on the Logistics aspect of the business.These abandoned trucks present serious hazards to other road users.I can also conclude that there is poor safety culture in Dangote Group.Please Dangote stop advertising your safety loopholes.I wish him success in his numerous business endeavours.
Re: Why Do Dangote Abandon His Crashed Trucks On Nigeria Highways by nato14(f): 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
I noticed it too. Some say na ....
Re: Why Do Dangote Abandon His Crashed Trucks On Nigeria Highways by Lovetinz(m): 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
Most of those trucks are not owned by Dangote, but by external contractors that lease the trucks to Dangote.

Somebody should also ask, why are these substandard highways damaging Dangote trucks?
Re: Why Do Dangote Abandon His Crashed Trucks On Nigeria Highways by Arosa(m): 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
Well the government should tow it and send a bill to Dangote PLC, that's it.
Re: Why Do Dangote Abandon His Crashed Trucks On Nigeria Highways by nwaibagwa(m): 5:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
The thing is too much. The fallen trucks just scatter everywhere for road. MOD front page pls
Re: Why Do Dangote Abandon His Crashed Trucks On Nigeria Highways by cashkid18(m): 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
sad

Re: Why Do Dangote Abandon His Crashed Trucks On Nigeria Highways by IGBOSON1: 6:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lovetinz: Most of those trucks are not owned by Dangote, but by external contractors that lease the trucks to Dangote.

Somebody should also ask, why are these substandard highways damaging Dangote trucks?

^^^But he knew the state of Nigerian roads b/4 starting his business.....it's what he signed up for!

Besides.....doing business in Nigeria is not for the faint hearted! wink

(1) (Reply)

Nobody Can Stop Jonathan – Gov Orji / FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers / Court Sentences Man To 12 Strokes Of The Cane For Stealing Fowl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.