Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,253 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? (1367 Views)

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / He propose with a car after my Refusal To Accept A Friend Car Gift[Photo] / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by AmenJoan(f): 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
Am a sucker for romantic proposal stories, mine is below, please share yours kiss
I was in Lagos for a short break after my exams. He had promised to take me to Takwa bay on my next trip to Lagos to compensate for forgetting an important postgraduate presentation I had in school. This had almost led to our break up but he sincerely apologised and I just couldn’t wait for my Takwa bay trip.
I spent 3 days in Lagos and the times we spent together seemed to be the worst time we’d ever spent together because there were lots of trivial arguments and disagreements but I noticed no matter how much I upset him, he was extremely nice that weekend. He dealt with my excesses very maturely since he believed I was still upset and the exam stress had gotten to me. I wondered.
Fast forward to the day, he brought along my favourite bottle of wine I’d gotten him for his birthday a year earlier which he promised to use for a special event. That made me suspicious but at that point, I had no idea he had something up his sleeve! On the bus he acted like we’d just met and struck up an interesting conversation.
We took a boat ride to Takwa bay and after sitting and talking for a while he asked to take me for a walk by the water side. We got to an isolated part of the beach and he became serious, professing his love for me, what he thought the future held and all we’d been through together. Still I had no clue, and before I knew it he asked me to be his wife…
I said “Yes”.
And for a year and some now, we are Mr. and Mrs...

so, over to you wink

2 Likes

Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by Dyt(f): 6:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
Tho, i was heavily pregnant
Every year we celebrate our birthdays together
So on dis day
After d cake and merry
He jst dragged me to d room
With all his close friends
Started apologising for all his wrong deeds
And am like dude, u drunk
And before I knew it
He went on his kneels and asked me be his wife
I said NO
Then his friends begged
So I put forward my finger, he says no, he wants d left one
We actually got married 2mnths later
And today
I am his lover/friend/LovePeddler/wife/Mrs
We are blessed with d most amazing gift *a son*

2 Likes

Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by djeezy(m): 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
Sounds interesting. Following thread. By the way, I've not proposed, there isn't anyone yet.
Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by AmenJoan(f): 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Awwww, so cute... cool

Dyt: Tho, i was heavily pregnant
So on dis day
After d cake and merry
And before I knew it
I said NO
Then his friends begged
And today
Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by angelTI(f): 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
hhhmmm, its time for another bout of romantic stories....
angelTI ......... present sir!
Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by AmenJoan(f): 7:31am On Oct 01, 2013
Haba! No more stories? Guys please embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by Kelechi2020(m): 8:11am On Oct 01, 2013
Mehn this thread is realy romanti...Girl i hope you wana know how i proposed to my gal to be.....
Am too young to get maried.
Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by Danhumprey: 8:25am On Oct 01, 2013
Wow.....mine was Heaven on Earth. I propose to my sweetus,Popowaa on her birthday. It was a joyful day and while the celebration was on,I brought out a bouquet of bitterleaf with a locally made ring,and instead of kneeling down,I prostrated before her and with tears in my eyes,I ask her to be my wife and without hesitating,she gave me a resounding slap. And since then,the imprint left by the slap has literary re-configure my face. It just wasn't rosy nor funny at all. cry

3 Likes

Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by angelTI(f): 10:52am On Oct 01, 2013
[quote
author=Danhumprey]Wow.....mine was Heaven on Earth. I propose to my
sweetus,Popowaa on her birthday. It was a joyful day and while the
celebration was on,I brought out a bouquet of bitterleaf with a locally
made ring,and instead of kneeling down,I prostrated before her and with
tears in my eyes,I ask her to be my wife and without hesitating,she gave
me a resounding slap. And since then,the imprint left by the slap has
literary re-configure my face. It just wasn't rosy nor funny at all.
cry[/quote]

This is romantically awful!
Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by Danhumprey: 11:03am On Oct 01, 2013
I tell you. cry
Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by AmenJoan(f): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
cheesy
Danhumprey: I tell you. cry
Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dyt: Tho, i was heavily pregnant
So on dis day
After d cake and merry
And before I knew it
I said NO
Then his friends begged
And today

So you carry belle before marriage grin

Clap for yaself. You dey lucky say hin nor deny am.
Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by Dyt(f): 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
pDude:

So you carry belle before marriage grin

Clap for yaself. You dey lucky say hin nor deny am.

Its only lazy assss ladies dat cries over rejection
Na favour I do am na
He no even happy say I said its his
Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by free2ryhme: 4:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
there is no big deal in proposing.. As a guy tell her u want to marry her and dats all if she no gree move on .. life no hard. simple!
Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dyt:

Its only lazy assss ladies dat cries over rejection
Na favour I do am na
He no even happy say I said its his

Nne, na Nairaland joke I dey joke naw. Easy for the bobo abeg.
Re: Ladies!! How Did He Propose? Guys, How Did You Propose? by AmenJoan(f): 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
More stories... smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lover And Father Found Dead Naked In Ogun State / Man Falls In Love With Samantha an Operating system / Relationship Test Be Sincere With Your Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.