Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? (12564 Views)

Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! / Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija / Nigerian Vegetarians i.e. Vegetarians In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
deols: I never bought nor ate a vegetarian pizza until last week. why buy one anyway since d reason to eat it is for all the meaty and fruity and sometimes crunchy stuff.

But last week I decided to buy one. It was literally bitter. But they cut the 'vegetables' in a way that they appear like meat. The olive was too much.

Then I just wondered what a life it is with a vegetarian. and the need to even make those things look like meat is more amazing. it is like a gay man dressed like a woman-deceiving himself.

So I wanted to know what they eat here and if they try yo make themselves feel like they are eating meat. More importantly, I am genuinely concerned about what protein substitutes they eat and give advice based on my knowledge of Nutrition.

Personally I became a vegetarian because I couldn't bear the guilt of an animal losing it's life because I want to "feed" myself with meat. It's unfair. Another reason was when I started dissection in human anatomy laboratory, whenever I see meat, the first thing that comes to mind is human flesh, and I'd be like "Hello No!" am not eating that. I still find it difficult to eat meat.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Vivly(f): 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
Jensen_elizz: ;Dfirst i tink all vegs re gay..,.second why the fvck wuld u be a veg if u have a partner,na double stress....
third 10%of nigerians dat say they re vegs re cultist
Do you understand what the word 'vegetarian means?
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by baslone: 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
It is with Shock that I announce to you that some enemies

of progress have reduced the normal 3 fishes inside "TITUS" sardine to 2Fishes.

NAFDAC has to act now or we will protest. If this situation is not addressed, u

will open "TITUS" Sardine one day and find only the oil...

5 Likes

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Vivly(f): 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2013
adeaugustus:
Personally I became a vegetarian because I couldn't bear the guilt of an animal losing it's life because I want to "feed" myself with meat. It's unfair. Another reason was when I started dissection in human anatomy laboratory, whenever I see meat, the first thing that comes to mind is human flesh, and I'd be like "Hello No!" am not eating that. I still find it difficult to eat meat.
Are you in Nigeria, cuz it's rare to come across such a nature lover as you. Now, i assume you've started eating meat. Don't you still feel guilty?
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by XVIER(m): 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
Vivly: I did not create this thread for fancy. Comment or deactivate your account.
lol why do you want to know then?
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by RayMcBlue(m): 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
Vivly: I did not create this thread for fancy. Comment or deactivate your account.

Blah Blah Blah...sue me. tongue
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
Vivly: Are you in Nigeria, cuz it's rare to come across such a nature lover as you. Now, i assume you've started eating meat. Don't you still feel guilty?

Am in Nigeria, when I have alternatives, I don't eat meat. Mostly I eat eggs instead of meat. As with the guilt, Yes. I still feel guilty.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Udehpaschal1(m): 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
baslone: It is with Shock that I announce to you that some enemies

Who b dis one na? , na fish insyd titus u dey count. SMH. Shey u wan spoil market 4 dem ni
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Shalome(m): 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
baslone: It is with Shock that I announce to you that some enemies

I literally laughed my ass off to this
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
YES I am a vegetarian.

I always mixi vegetables with everything I cook especially Fried vegetables with spiced Beef and Eggs.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
Yes there are vegetarians in Nigeria.

I was a vegetarian for like 24 years from when I was born.

Can't eat anything that have come in contact with or that have fish or meat. My soups and stews were prepared separately.

Stop being a vegie some years ago. And I'm still making up for lost time!

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Jensenelizz(m): 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
Vivly: Do you understand what the word 'vegetarian means?
my landlord's son was a veg...turns out he was told in his cult dat d day he eats meat he would die......still the wife bought beef and diced it in the soup witout d nigga knowin.......well d nigga ate and died......so dats my reason for sayin vegs re cultist nd the wife said b4 her husband died he never had sex with her for 4years.........so tell me if u have a husby and the nigga didnt touch u for 4years wht wuld u call him.".happy feet"

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by chineloSA(f): 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
I am. Not by choice though, only because of serious health reasons that could not be ignored. undecided undecided undecided

I only eat fish within the meat family/ seafood.

Its been 7 good years.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by nicechic(f): 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by trolling(m): 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
after the flood,we were told to eat meat, if u wan claim vegetarian because of animals, no wear shoes,carry bag or use things made out of leather
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Vivly(f): 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2013
kingphemy: Yes there are vegetarians in Nigeria.

I was a vegetarian for like 24 years from when I was born.

Can't eat anything that have come in contact with or that have fish or meat. My soups and stews were prepared separately.

Stop being a vegie some years ago. And I'm still making up for lost time!
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
Kamanda: YES I am a vegetarian.

I always mixi vegetables with everything I cook especially Fried vegetables with spiced Beef and Eggs.

With beef? You are not a vegetarian.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Damojo: 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
:DI am vegetarian, I only eat snail! Jegbinjegbin tinz
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Jensenelizz(m): 1:57pm On Oct 05, 2013

nigga if u eat beef whether spiced or unspiced den u no be veg angryabi u know no d meanin of vegetarian

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by BasseyJ(m): 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
Damojo: :DI am vegetarian, I only eat snail! Jegbinjegbin tinz
Loooool, nairaland and jokes, I'm not a vegetarian and don't know of any, in my opinion, it'll be hard being a practising veg in naija, as restaurants don't serve exclusive veg dishes yet.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2013
Vivly: Some articles i get to read that deals with vegetarians are mostly whites. This is Nigeria, where we have a huge gap between the upper class(the rich) and the lower class(the poor). Now, these rich gets to attend lots of social functions, owambes, sallahs etc where food is served. You see most of them wolfing down meat. The poor on the other hand, are very much concerned with eating to survive than selecting non-animal food.
Also, most muslims can't afford to be vegetarians cuz of thier sallah ram.
Christians too cuz of their christmas chicken
atheists?....
So, have you met any nigerian who is a vegetarian?

SMH

crass ignorance
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by ketoprofen(m): 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
adeaugustus:

but u take milk n eggs, butter,cheese, fish etc
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by funkybaby(f): 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2013

Roflmaooooooooooooooooo grin grin grin grin

Yup! You are a thoroughbred vegetarian. grin
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by ketoprofen(m): 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
trolling: after the flood,we were told to eat meat, if u wan claim vegetarian because of animals, no wear shoes,carry bag or use things made out of leather

lol.
Ur heart dey for ur back , not ur front at all.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by VicGoodGuy(m): 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
I knew of one family who were vegetarians back then. In fact, that was my first time of hearing the word 'vegetarian'. And I couldn't imagine how someone could wake up one morning and decides he won't eat meat again. And I felt nothing but pity for this family cos they all looked malnourished. And I was of the opinion that poverty was behind their decision to 'convert' to 'vegetarianism'
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by 36STATES: 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
I was a vegetarian for over two years, mostly because my girlfriend then was a vegetarian. You have to understand there are two types, THE VEGENS, which is mostly ideological and don't eat anything from animal including milk, butter, cheese and egg or use any product with animal imput. There're the modrates who consume egg, milk and even fish. I think it's difficult and expensive for anybody in Nigeria, because of the high cost of the meat substitues.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by victorv12(m): 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2013
A country where poverty is about to finish everybody, you're talking about eating leaf vegetables! Nigeria chicks can testify to that? How many Nigeria girls love eating salad? It's rare! Nigerians girls loves pepper souping with fish, and a lot of inkobinianism (goat head) by the side. That vegetable thing won't work at all. It's not in our culture to be eating leaves.

Nigerians loves to eat heavy starchy foods with a lot of meat and some other bushy things ontop . Eating vegetable won't sustain a normal average Nigeria. What most Nigerians battle their minds on on a daily, eating vegetables won't be able to contain it. You need to eat heavy here to survive! EBa, Amala, fufu with some other starchy foods packed with a lot of meat, fish or bush meat ontop, that's how my people roll here. They eat heavy! Chop chop thinz!

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by olahero(m): 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ouch Alhamdulillah......... just finish beans, CHEESE and bread, Hope I am a VEGETARIAN? #fact is that I can't eat without meat.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by nickz(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
Jensen_elizz: angryfirst i tink all vegs re gay..,.second why the fvck wuld u be a veg if u have a partner,na double stress....
third 10%of nigerians dat say they re vegs re cultist angry
my friend doesn't eat anything poultry,are you saying he is gay
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by nickz(m): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2013

I always mixi vegetables with everything I cook especially Fried vegetables with spiced Beef and Eggs .
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by nickz(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2013

I always mixi vegetables with everything I cook especially Fried vegetables with spiced Beef and Eggs .
LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy you need to vist a dentist to check your brain I'm sure you can't read lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
Yes,there are. I know like 3 personally. Islam doesnt support the notion so U hardly find a muslim vegetarian except he is doing it for health purpose

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Joy Of Kpomo / This Plant Is Called “god’s Gift” As It Can Cure Diseases! / Share Your Experience Drinking Pepper Soup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.