Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

New PDP 8-point Demand - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New PDP 8-point Demand (19572 Views)

Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode / Photo: The New PDP National HQ... An Abandoned Project? / The New PDP Campaign Pattern (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by 2goodbobo(m): 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
So long as the New PDP is still made up of the same old content (people) then is nothing but waste of time. After all, have they not been part of the Old PDP since 1999?

The only answer and antidote to our problem in Nigeria is nothing but Revolution.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by banky222: 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
THE 9TH POINT. ADVISE ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE NEW PDP TO RETURN ALL THE MONEY THE ONCE STOLE OR THEY ARE STILL STEALING FROM THE GREAT PEOPLE OF NIGERIA. You can add point number ten.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Dereformer(m): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
This new PDP is a joke,

Everything must be discussed and debated at the sovereign national conference including the unity of Nigeria.

There must be no limitation whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: NONSENSE! The only restructuring that makes sense is RESOURCE CONTROL. Let every state control its human and material resources and pay taxes to the centre. That will automatically remove all the attraction from the centre and the states will become the new centre of attraction. Corruption and struggle for power at the centre will automatically reduce. Healthy competition among states will return.
State govts that cannot survive alone will automatically merge. In fact, most of the problems we see today will either
disappear or becomes a local issue (restricted to within states). Any other talk apart from resource control is
NONSENSE and playing to the gallery.
kpom kwem!!! Point.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by emmaelectelect(m): 2:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
Clowns
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by greaterlove(m): 2:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: NONSENSE! The only restructuring that makes sense is RESOURCE CONTROL. Let every state control its human and material resources and pay taxes to the centre. That will automatically remove all the attraction from the centre and the states will become the new centre of attraction. Corruption and struggle for power at the centre will automatically reduce. Healthy competition among states will return. State govts that cannot survive alone will automatically merge. In fact, most of the problems we see today will either disappear or becomes a local issue (restricted to within states). Any other talk apart ofrom resource control is NONSENSE and playing to the gallery.
You are on point. How are you doing?
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by PointB: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
handebayor:
One of the few times i agree with you BUT 1st of all, help tell uncle Jona to give unto ASUU what is ASUU's

With resource control, ASUU will be history as States will be solely responsible for their own 'ASUU'. Lecturers wont have to be on strike nationwide. States with more stable learning environment will simply attract more students.

#ResourceControlNow

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by dirifred(m): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
This clawns are asking for state police? even without costitutional recognition LASTMA, OSHOMOLEPOLICE, TIMARIV etc are doing much more harm than good, when state police is now constitutional immagine what to expect. The 8point demand is total crap.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by omiobo: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: NONSENSE! The only restructuring that makes sense is RESOURCE CONTROL. Let every state control its human and material resources and pay taxes to the centre. That will automatically remove all the attraction from the centre and the states will become the new centre of attraction. Corruption and struggle for power at the centre will automatically reduce. Healthy competition among states will return. State govts that cannot survive alone will automatically merge. In fact, most of the problems we see today will either disappear or becomes a local issue (restricted to within states). Any other talk apart from resource control is NONSENSE and playing to the gallery.
Your political foes have no choice than to commend you on your view. Sense at work!

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by ilebaami: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: NONSENSE! The only restructuring that makes sense is RESOURCE CONTROL. Let every state control its human and material resources and pay taxes to the centre. That will automatically remove all the attraction from the centre and the states will become the new centre of attraction. Corruption and struggle for power at the centre will automatically reduce. Healthy competition among states will return.
State govts that cannot survive alone will automatically merge. In fact, most of the problems we see today will either disappear or becomes a local issue (restricted to within states). Any other
talk apart from resource control is NONSENSE and playing to the gallery.

Any Nigerian that does not know that localized Resource Control is the final solution will eventually feel embarrassed.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
From APC to PDP, without the POLITICAL WILL-POWER and Necessary Empowerment of the Judiciary.. all the demands listed are like old WAEC question papers used to sell Akara by Boundary Bustop Ajegunle.. it is worth Shiiite!.. all we need is elimination of our corrupt leaders, their families and relatives who have benefited from the corruption and continue to rule us without conscience. but of course we all know that we love them too, that is why they are still very much around and playing the old tricks from the 1970s on our educated but stagnant minds
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by ITbomb(m): 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Wait o
People that have been in PDP since 1999 now telling the same PDP what to do
I laugh in esparanto
However these demands are much better than 'President should order EFCC to stop investigating us'

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by omiobo: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: NONSENSE! The only restructuring that makes sense is RESOURCE CONTROL. Let every state control its human and material resources and pay taxes to the centre. That will automatically remove all the attraction from the centre and the states will become the new centre of attraction. Corruption and struggle for power at the centre will automatically reduce. Healthy competition among states will return. State govts that cannot survive alone will automatically merge. In fact, most of the problems we see today will either disappear or becomes a local issue (restricted to within states). Any other talk apart from resource control is NONSENSE and playing to the gallery.
Your political foes have no choice than to commend you on your view. Sense at work!

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Engineer96(m): 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Whether new or old, it is the same PDP that Baraje was once its national secretary. Did (t)he(y) form another party? It is because he has just bbeen sidelined from the main plate that he is making noise.
The said ASUU agreement was signed when Baraje was a member of PDP NEC and what did he said when ASUU embarked on strike last year.
By the way, why is it that the so called new PDP are almost all nothern party? It is just my curiousity. Agents of destabilization.
Simon Kolawole said ''they are all them same no matter the party involved''. No wonder Atiku has not landed fully in any of them because he is a member of (old or new) PDP.
Bunch of political jobbers.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
Belated as some of these demands are, the nPDP can put its money where its mouth is by sponsoring legislative bills which demonstrate commitment to the new course being charted.

Better late than never.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Adnroid: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
A lot of people jumping up and down for "Resource control" and "True federalism" do not know that in true federalism all offshore assets/revenue belong to the Central government...... the present 13% will disappear....
Do some research on your favourite country USA and see...

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by rumelovelace: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
You are a GENIUS!.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by jjagz: 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
And among this so called new PDP, we have Rotimi Amaechi? Atiku Abubakar who has taken to twitter to decieve people? And loads of old politicians aptly described as "political fossils" by a columnist Nana Ocherome. Most of them have been in governance before and what did the do when there? Nothing. The same old corruption. At times I wish GEJ wasn't as fair and transparent as he was and be a lot more like the ruthless fox OBJ is. Then those people for no dey talk. Rubbish.!!

In order news, na this same people they sponsor ASUU strike, Boko Haram e.t.c. Abi na lie? They are forgetting that no matter how seemingly humble, a sitting President is still a sitting President, let this just ask Timipriye Silva. Amaechi won't know what hit him, joining northerners to fight his brother.

2 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by BrightCar: 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
G-7 PDP OR GOAT-7 PDP, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER. YOUR POLITICAL CAREER IS ALREADY OVER, APC OR EVEN ACCORD PARTY WILL NOT
ADMIT YOU, THE MARK IS ALREADY ON YOU AS POLITICAL TERRORIST.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by 9ja4eva: 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source: News Express

Same ol Bs... PDP is same whether old or new.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
When did they drop their former demand?, kai this people are capitalizing on the emotion of people.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by handebayor: 2:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
PointB:

With resource control, ASUU will be history as States will be solely responsible for their own 'ASUU'. Lecturers wont have to be on strike nationwide. States with more stable learning environment will simply attract more students.

#ResourceControlNow

Seems like you didn't understand me, well lemme put it clear to you. The duration for the meetings, formulation and implementation of the sovereign national conference/resource control could take almost a year so in that case, ASUU should still continue(asin give what they want and return to class) pending d implementation of the SNC and/or resource control.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Krisddon: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
you are right as regard resource control but did i hear you say that apart from it any other demand is nonsense? U're freaking kidding me! With this, i conclude that u're in gov't. Now i ask u, what about the infrastructural decay particularly the roads that need herculean efforts to fix them or the shabby educational sector? If u don't know that holding millions of youths to ransome at home for miserable 3months is a crime against morality and even divinity, then i will be forced to believe that Nigeria will never be better with ur likes in power! I live u to ur conscience.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Blackteeth: Pretending to be fighting for the people abi?
beats me really! Da hell does he think he is and which folks is this lawless old man refering 2 as fellow? The unity(?) and oneness(?) of da nation is not debatable,says who? Are we slaves here? If certain folks wanna object to certain issues affecting our peace and freedom and rights and development brought to da fore at da conference by aggrieved sections,then its instant curtains to this flora shaws (mis)conception and (mis)contraption that due for post abortion.. Its high time any slowpoke that says such...not negotiable my arssse... book his arssse at da icc..
@above,u have to read btw da lines of what hes saying,the importance in us practicing a true federal style of govt of which Resource Control is part of..and if we aqegonna be sincere issues like electricity,roads,healthcare,education,etc,will fall under the administration of states or regions and that will be a good development for us all...bless u MAMIEL
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by mamiel: 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
No no no no! I disagree with their penultimate point. Why should the oneness of Nigeria not be debatable? Well, If I say all our military artillery and weaponry bundled up in the north should be equally shared among the 6 geopolitical zones and the northern regions agree, then 'One Nigeria' won't be debatable. If I say every region should have equal slots for recruitment into the Nigerian Millitary and the northern regions agree, then we will live happily ever after. If I say every region should be endowed with the power to productively control the natural resources beneath their own soil and, of course, pay a token of reverence to the centre authority in the name of tax, and everyone says okay, then very good we will be one Nigeria. But you don't say nay to all these crucial issues and much more and then you still want to impose one Nigeria on me. Hell No! Didn't the queen your benefator tell you that one day the children of the folks you were oppressing will become wise and know their rights. I dey Laugh.

4 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
I am in support of any reform that will make the centre less attractive. Let all states develop and grow independently! All this waiting for federal allocation will cease!!!
Like say our governors don turn corpers wey dey wait for monthly alert say alawee don show!

Imagine if my beloved lagos state was waiting to depend solely on federal alawee??
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by ziccoit: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2013

Thinking resource control alone is the only solution to our problem is like thinking ingredients without pot and fire would provide soup on your table. We need a robust constitution that will enthrone a working system whereby every individual right is protected. A system which would be automatic in function so that whoever goes foul of its dictate would be made to face the consequences. We all know what each of the states are doing with their monthly allocations from the centre. Building a good society goes beyond resource control it has to do with establishment of a workable system by the people involved which is why I believe constitution of national conference is very germane to our current situations wherein resource control among various issues will be discussed.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Pinkybush: 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
tolurainbow: Bird of d same feathers na nw ur eyes open ole lyk gej..
u are very stupid 2 call GEJ OLE

4 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by theoctopus: 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
ziccoit:

Thinking resource control alone is the only solution to our problem is like thinking ingredients without pot and fire would provide soup on your table. We need a robust constitution that will enthrone a working system whereby every individual right is protected. A system which would be automatic in function so that whoever goes foul of its dictate would be made to face the consequences. We all know what each of the states are doing with their monthly allocations from the centre. Building a good society goes beyond resource control it has to do with establishment of a workable system by the people involved which is why I believe constitution of national conference is very germane to our current situations wherein resource control among various issues will be discussed.

Fowl! We need resource control, simple! Anything else is story! Maintain your boundry! I think these fake PDP and APC people will eventually box themselves to a corner. Imagine a corrupt man asking for a draconian anti corruption move. Who will be swept first? cheesy

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by CastleandGreen: 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
We will implement it when we finish with Gov Amaechi on Oct 3 & 11, on the court case between Omehia and Amaechi. PDP will teach all of you a lesson why it is not good to be a rebel.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Gbawe: 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
Kris d don.:

you are right as regard resource control but did i hear you say that apart from it any other demand is nonsense? U're freaking kidding me! With this, i conclude that u're in gov't. Now i ask u, what about the infrastructural decay particularly the roads that need herculean efforts to fix them or the shabby educational sector? If u don't know that holding millions of youths to ransome at home for miserable 3months is a crime against morality and even divinity, then i will be forced to believe that Nigeria will never be better with ur likes in power! I live u to ur conscience.

Thank you. This is a big problem for Nigeria currently. I.e too many Nigerians are vested in politics of clannish enmity against one thing/group or the other to ever see what matters. How on earth can the clamour for resource control now blind us to the argument that the Government at the centre is failing horribly to give value for the 52.7% of all allocations it currently receives to administer Nigeria?

Threads like this, whether we want to admit it or not, demonstrate that Nigeria lack citizens who are solution providers and critical thinkers. I mean no disrespect to anyone saying that. I just want some of us to introspect more. Insincere9gerian parrot the usual rhetoric about 'resource control' and many regurgitate it without inspecting what is terribly obvious. I.e the fact that agitating for resource control does not prevent us demanding that corruption is tackled. Wanting resource control does then not mean we excuse the fact that Nigeria is failing at refining her crude endowment and that security is abysmal in a Nation where the President justifies allocating N18 billion for the maintenance of his ten-plane Presidential airfleet while N11 billion is the sum allocated for equipping our entire police force.

Those who know Insincer9gerian well enough will understand he threw the resource control 'banana' into the arena to truncate any inspection of the failings of GEJ in relation to how the suggestion of nPDP, some of them being very good ones analysts worldwide have recommended, actually expose what Jonathan is not doing in the face of so much being wrong with Nigeria.

Resource control does not prevent you reforming a clearly moribund and worthless NNPC. It does not stop a declaration of a State of emergency to tackle the abysmal federal infrastructure of Nigeria and our/or problems that are the domain responsibility of the FG. Government should still be pursuing the aggressive growth of the SME sector, the 'lifeblood' of economies worldwide, and no talk of resource control should detract from that.

Assuming we have resource control as the deceitful Insincere9gerian bamboozles some posters with, is it the States that will then renovate and our federal roads deemed some of the worst and least motorable in the World currently?

Does everything now start and end in States or is it now wrong, because some attempt to decieve others via shouting "resource control", to demand that the FG is up and doing in relation to its duties and responsibilities? How is the need for the FG to be far more diligent and effective than it currently is tied to resource control alone? In contrast, and for those who can relate problems to solutions, it is obvious some of the recommendations of the nPDP actually provide workable solutions to identified problems even if some want to muddy the water with impertinent talk based on whipping up feudal sentiments in Nigerians that detract from the monumental failure of the FG.

Even with the resource control argument, the 8 recommendation covered it with the innate feudalism of many making them to miss it. To expose the deceit Insincere9gerian and other feudalists are trying to pull off, so that an intelligent inspection of the recommendations of the nPDP is impossible, the forum oblige and tell me what the suggestion below is demanding when it wants States to gain greater control of their resources ? It is the same method Insincere9gerian and his clan used to discredit Ribadu right here on this forum so we would not inspect the recommendations of his petroleum task force to demand with one voice, as a focused people, that GEJ implement those recommendations.

•We demand a re-ordering of the inchoate federal structure we are running with a view to allowing the states and the other federating units more access to resources to attend to the numerous responsibilities placed on them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Tambuwal's Defection (Video) / PDP Hails Court Judgment On Its Kano Governorship Candidate / Adamawa, Kano, Ogun, Oyo Top List Of Buhari’s Aides; Imo, Edo Top Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.