Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

New PDP 8-point Demand - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New PDP 8-point Demand (19571 Views)

Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode / Photo: The New PDP National HQ... An Abandoned Project? / The New PDP Campaign Pattern (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by HUGES: 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
Seriously? I mean did Aliyu, Lamido, Kwakwaso et al really agreed to make d 5th point official. Did they Knw Amechi played a fast one on them wit that point. Cos the simple interpretation of point 5 to me is RESOURCE CONTROL. Amechi which 'jass' u use for them, cos I see Nigerians holding the 'northern boyz' by dis press release in d near future wen they begin to say dey did not mean resource control by point 5.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by HUGES: 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Seriously? I mean did Aliyu, Lamido, Kwakwaso et al really agreed to make d 5th point official. Did they Knw Amechi played a fast one on them wit that point. Cos the simple interpretation of point 5 to me is RESOURCE CONTROL. Amechi which 'jass' u use for them, cos I see Nigerians holding the 'northern boyz' by dis press release in d near future wen they begin to say dey did not mean resource control by point 5
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by shineeye1: 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
Barage's speech is a piece of crap. An absolutely nonsensical pronouncement. Just confirms the miserable mediocrity of minds and thoughts in his pathetic fold called nPDP.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Gbawe: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
HUGE_S: Seriously? I mean did Aliyu, Lamido, Kwakwaso et al really agreed to make d 5th point official. Did they Knw Amechi played a fast one on them wit that point. Cos the simple interpretation of point 5 to me is RESOURCE CONTROL. Amechi which 'jass' u use for them, cos I see Nigerians holding the 'northern boyz' by dis press release in d near future wen they begin to say dey did not mean resource control by point 5

Thank you. I am glad one poster noticed an attempt by Insincere9gerian and others to deceive the forum because of their own clannish and feudalistic convictions and proclivities. No doubt nPDP are part of the problem and no one can be taken in by their masquerade as the new 'messiah' on a rescue mission. Of course they would have carried on as normal if this rift with the Presidency had not arisen!!!!! We all know that moot point.

Nonetheless, that does not mean we are goaded into a frenzy by deceptive forumers to the point of dismissing or missing totally the message delivered. This is why I said from the start that some of the recommendations are actually commendable. As usual, Insincere9gerian has again showed he is (1) deliberately deceptive and/or (2) always speaking without comprehending what is written. One of the 8 recommendations is actually "resource control" , followed by many other good recommendations, and I am glad I was not the only one who noticed.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by theoctopus: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
•We demand a re-ordering of the inchoate federal structure we are running with a view to allowing the states and the other federating units more access to resources to attend to the numerous responsibilities placed on them.

[size=14pt]Resource control now! No to parasites! No to leeches! No to free beer! Resource control forever!!![/size]

3 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
ITbomb: Wait o
People that have been in PDP since 1999 now telling the same PDP what to do
I laugh in esparanto
However these demands are much better than 'President should order EFCC to stop investigating us'

As I recall, it was Ahmed Gulak, Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, who first mentioned the G7's aversion to the EFCC.
Of course this is not to say they are not but rather to put the record straight.

PDP crisis: Jonathan will only accept reasonable terms –Presidency

SEPTEMBER 7

“I read about one of the conditions reportedly being given by the governors that the President should stop the EFCC from investigating them. How can the President stop the EFCC from doing its job? That is ridiculous, it is unheard of. The EFCC is independent, the President cannot do that.

“What has peace moves got to do with EFCC? Agencies of government cannot be stopped from doing their work. Stopping EFCC means that the President can also stop the army, police, navy and others from doing their works. If that happens, what will people say?
Source

Whether or not the interview excerpted above was given in order to take the sting out of an emerging fight, by maligning the Baraje-group in the eyes of the wider public, we would never know for sure. What is not in doubt, however, is the fact that both Amaechi and Lamido have issued public statements which welcomes additional scrutiny on the affairs of their respective states, in the last couple of weeks.

I’m not afraid of EFCC, says Gov Lamido

September 13

“We will not allow people that have no political base in their homes to scare us from this struggle. The second phase of the PDP struggle, will be a tough one. And it is a struggle to confront the challenges of Nigeria, and not that of the North.
“We are not afraid of EFCC. We will insist the right thing is done. No amount of intimidation by EFCC will scare us from abandoning our struggle of ensuring an ideal and just party.

“I am not afraid of incarceration. The highest that can happen is that after 2015, they will send me to prison, that place (prison) is my home. I think I am used to it,”
Source

Moving on, is there anyone still in doubt that Mr President is afraid to name corrupt individuals in our society?
Has he not made it abundantly clear that he feels corruption is overstated?

Where does the buck stop?

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by patpaul: 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
WHO TOLD YOU THAT THE UNITY AND ONENESS OF NIGERIA IS NOT DEBATABLE? THIS MUST BE THE FIRST ITEM ON THE AGENDA. WE MUST DECIDE "IF AND HOW" WE MUST REMAIN TOGETHER BEFORE WE TALK ABOUT RESOURCE CONTROL. WE MUST KNOW WHAT EACH COMPONENTS OF THE NATION BRINGS TO THE TABLE TO BE SHARED.
IF WE DON'T DO THIS, PEOPLE LIKE SELFISH BARAJE, ATIKU AND CO WILL CONTINUE TO DECEIVE THEIR PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THE NORTH WHEN, ACTUALLY, THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THEMSELVES.

5 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by ziccoit: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
theoctopus:

Fowl! We need resource control, simple! Anything else is story! Maintain your boundry! I think these fake PDP and APC people will eventually box themselves to a corner. Imagine a corrupt man asking for a draconian anti corruption move. Who will be swept first? cheesy

When they box themselves to a corner they would then land in their respective states to continue looting at the expenses of the masses. You would then back to square one where each politician would be richer than your state.
Man, you need strong constitution that could protect everybody. So confab not its element of discuss.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
HUGE_S: Seriously? I mean did Aliyu, Lamido, Kwakwaso et al really agreed to make d 5th point official. Did they Knw Amechi played a fast one on them wit that point. Cos the simple interpretation of point 5 to me is RESOURCE CONTROL. Amechi which 'jass' u use for them, cos I see Nigerians holding the 'northern boyz' by dis press release in d near future wen they begin to say dey did not mean resource control by point 5.
That is not my understanding of point 5. Point 5 states "... with a view to allowing the states and the other federating units MORE access to resources"

Point 5 is simply asking for MORE funds for the state and local govt. That is different from RESOURCE CONTROL.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Rexyl(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
what rings well to me is their call for national conference which Mr President seems to be ready for now. Let‘s pray for success of this. Other issues of striking importance should be settled once for progress. Their agitation should not go the ways of rebels. This will not help them and the country as well.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you. This is a big problem for Nigeria currently. I.e too many Nigerians are vested in politics of clannish enmity against one thing/group or the other to ever see what matters. How on earth can the clamour for resource control now blind us to the argument that the Government at the centre is failing horribly to give value for the 52.7% of all allocations it currently receives to administer Nigeria?

Threads like this, whether we want to admit it or not, demonstrate that Nigeria lack citizens who are solution providers and critical thinkers. I mean no disrespect to anyone saying that. I just want some of us to introspect more. Insincere9gerian parrot the usual rhetoric about 'resource control' and many regurgitate it without inspecting what is terribly obvious. I.e the fact that agitating for resource control does not prevent us demanding that corruption is tackled. Wanting resource control does then not mean we excuse the fact that Nigeria is failing at refining her crude endowment and that security is abysmal in a Nation where the President justifies allocating N18 billion for the maintenance of his ten-plane Presidential airfleet while N11 billion is the sum allocated for equipping our entire police force.

Those who know Insincer9gerian well enough will understand he threw the resource control 'banana' into the arena to truncate any inspection of the failings of GEJ in relation to how the suggestion of nPDP, some of them being very good ones analysts worldwide have recommended, actually expose what Jonathan is not doing in the face of so much being wrong with Nigeria.

Resource control does not prevent you reforming a clearly moribund and worthless NNPC. It does not stop a declaration of a State of emergency to tackle the abysmal federal infrastructure of Nigeria and our/or problems that are the domain responsibility of the FG. Government should still be pursuing the aggressive growth of the SME sector, the 'lifeblood' of economies worldwide, and no talk of resource control should detract from that.

Assuming we have resource control as the deceitful Insincere9gerian bamboozles some posters with, is it the States that will then renovate and our federal roads deemed some of the worst and least motorable in the World currently?

Does everything now start and end in States or is it now wrong, because some attempt to decieve others via shouting "resource control", to demand that the FG is up and doing in relation to its duties and responsibilities? How is the need for the FG to be far more diligent and effective than it currently is tied to resource control alone? In contrast, and for those who can relate problems to solutions, it is obvious some of the recommendations of the nPDP actually provide workable solutions to identified problems even if some want to muddy the water with impertinent talk based on whipping up feudal sentiments in Nigerians that detract from the monumental failure of the FG.

Even with the resource control argument, the 8 recommendation covered it with the innate feudalism of many making them to miss it. To expose the deceit Insincere9gerian and other feudalists are trying to pull off, so that an intelligent inspection of the recommendations of the nPDP is impossible, the forum oblige and tell me what the suggestion below is demanding when it wants States to gain greater control of their resources ? It is the same method Insincere9gerian and his clan used to discredit Ribadu right here on this forum so we would not inspect the recommendations of his petroleum task force to demand with one voice, as a focused people, that GEJ implement those recommendations.

good points you have raised deserving of commendation...however when it comes to a roforofo nation like our where every meritorous moves and steps or decisions are sacrificed on da alters of ethnosectionalism,then the above amounts to nothing but grammar,i mean for how long are we gonn be jumpin n rollin over one so so 'nice' agenda or move n later end up like jack n jill? u n i knows that the proposed national conference or resource control is good for (re)starters and highly welcome....foundational change is what this nation on da verge of da balkans needr now.....
Da hell is tha^ k,hi man...
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by kaeto(m): 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
This mai gworo thinks he is talking to almajiries or mai ruwa. God will not fail to punish all of you just for your gross hypocrisy. Look at Amaechi the father of all hypocrites, he recieves 1/7 of the money that goes to the FG. Imagine what portharcourt looks like, the schools he biult were biult in his name and the appointment letters to teachers expires in 2015 when he will be kicked out of power. These men are failures and i don't wish to exempt any of them. Useless and senseless goats in human skin. Come to portharcourt whether you will see one project initiated and completed by amaechi, a man who is literally 'insane' and constantly kept under watch by psycho experts. Nigerians should make there research and don't be coyed by the red eyed gbawe and their hypocritical likes, go for real change and don't stop 'till you get it..

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Itydee(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
These 7 fugitive governors are time killers amd hypocrites. Which of these items has any of the rebellious agitators attempted to perfect or implement in any of their states. Go round thier state capitals and observe the dirts, lack lustre gloomy looks on the people and the dead / aichaic infrastructures there. It is easy to blame Jonathan. Go take a look at Abuja and compare the rots in all their state capitals.to the spectacular serene and spotless cleanliness of Abuja city They are shameless and selfish. If they cant control few millions of citizens what pedigree qialifies them to run a federal structure with over 180 million souls with unimaginable deversity of thoughts and beliefs?. What has Amechi done with the.over $20billion dollars he has collected so far and the 250 billion naira loan he just toook coupled with the existing N80 billion he took already? What has happend to billions of taxes paid by all the oil workers and allied industries for 6yrs npw? Make dem go siddon. They want state police so they can mangle and strangle our freedom? Mbu will not take bribe and will lick no idiot's sore. He is performing. Any case of robbery or kidnapping is politically motivated. Shameless dissidents. Very soon they will be tagged treason committing group. I cant wait to see these kleptomaniacs and buffons tied to a stake and shot in their balls.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
@Gbawe..,Your post is filled with plenty grammar but with no substance.

At the root of most of the problems facing Nigeria is structural deficiency. At the root of corruption, infrastructural decay, lack of patriotism, do-or-die politics, lack of accountability, etc is a terribly flawed structure.

For instance, the national budget (federal budget) is just about N5 trillion. Out of this ASUU is asking for N3 trillion, the doctors are asking for hundreds of billions, the road sector (federal roads) needs almost N1 trillion to be substantially motorable, we need N3trillion to have modern railways, hundred of billions for security,etc,etc. So where will the funds come from?

A structure that pretend that Abuja can cater for 167 million people is flawed. Abuja cannot and can NEVER feed 167 million people, even if the govt is headed by Obama or an angel.

The present arrangement where 167 million people live on Abuja can only breed poverty, laziness, dependency, terrorism, corruption, mediocrity, lack of creativity, high unemployment, more under-development, etc.

Until the present arrangement is reversed, ie Abuja lives on the productivity/wealth/creativity/hardwork of 167 million people (RESOURCE CONTROL), then we've not even started.

The logic of RESOURCE CONTROL is simple. If Abuja tries to feed 167 million people, the food can NEVER be enough; but if 167 people cooks for Abuja, the food will be SURPLUS. That is the logic of RESOURCE CONTROL.

RESOURCE CONTROL will mean that Rivers State govt will harness the human and material resources in the state, cater for itself and bring something to the table at the centre (pay taxes). The Borno and Yobe State govt MUST look inwards, build wealth from its human and material resources first to sustain itself and then bring something to the table at Abuja. Ditto for other states and local govt of the federation.

It means that era when Borno, Yobe, Ogun, Enugu,etc state govts and local govts come to Abuja begging for food for their respective constituencies is OVER.

RESOURCE CONTROL does not solve ALL our problems but without it, we haven't even started

9 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by patriotic007: 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
this is treason in the making,.....why dont they let Nigerians judge GEJ at the end of his tenure?to them this Govt failed right from the day it took over Aso rock

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by NOLONGTIN1(m): 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
Talk is cheap.
Baraje should tell the rebel govs to implement this in their states, some of his recommendation if tackled will go a long way in helping nigeria.

who says gov cant fight corruption in their states? abi na only for FG corruption dey? states could create their own equivalent of EFCC.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by anonimi: 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
eGuerrilla:

•We demand the empanelling of a credible, independent and resolute anti-corruption body to cleanse the country of the thick stench of corruption that has overwhelmed it at present.

Source: News Express

I thought one of their conditions for peace in their PDP umbllela was for the government not to ask EFCC investigate the rebel governors for corruption
Obviously it is time to play to the gallery with EMPTY words that the gullible MUMUS in our country will unwittingly applaud!

2 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Gbawe: 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Gbawe..,Your post is filled with plenty grammar but with no substance.

At the root of most of the problems facing Nigeria is structural deficiency. From corruption, infrastructural decay, lack of patriotism, do-or-die politics,etc is a terribly flawed structure.

For instance, the national budget (federal budget) is about N5 trillion. Out of this ASUU asking for N3 trillion, the doctors are asking for hundreds of billions, the road sector (federal roads) needs almost N1 trillion to be substantially motorable, we need over railways

A structure that pretend that Abuja can cater for 167 million people is flawed. Abuja cannot and can NEVER feed 167 million people, even if the govt is headed by Obama or an angel.

The present arrangement where 167 million people live on Abuja can only breed poverty, laziness, dependency, terrorism, corruption, mediocrity, lack of creativity, unemployment, more under-development, etc.

Until the present arrangement is reversed, ie Abuja lives on the productivity/wealth/creativity/hardwork of 167 million people (RESOURCE CONTROL), then we've not even started.

The logic of RESOURCE CONTROL is simple. If Abuja tries to feed 167 million people, the food can NEVER be enough; but if 167 people cooks for Abuja, the food will be SURPLUS. That is the logic of RESOURCE CONTROL.

RESOURCE CONTROL will mean that Rivers State govt will harness the human and material resources in the state and bring something to the table at the centre (pay taxes). The Borno and Yobe State govt MUST look inwards, build wealth from its human and material resources and pay bring something to the table at Abuja. Ditto for other states and local govt of the federation.

It means that era when Borno, Yobe, Ogun, Enugu,etc state govts and local govts come to Abuja begging for food for their respective constituencies are OVER.

RESOURCE CONTROL does not solve ALL our problems but without it, we haven't even started

You are talking garbage. Do you know how many Nations of the world, with similar structure to Nigeria, have good central administration that makes things work effectively? Aside your poor grasp of the relation and synergy between adequate leadership effort and development, you are also a very dishonest person.

What, for example, does "resource control" have to do with how an irresponsible leadership class deliberately perverted administrative processes over time till a stupendous 70% of the budgeted spending of Nigeria is now used on recurrent expenses whereas same is in single digit in many developed nation i.e under 10%. You wish to overlook how Nigeria has horribly and self-destructively skewed this basic developmental ratio to be talking of "resource control"? Is this not a display of your patent dishonesty and legendary insincerity ?

Do you know the massive developmental benefits that can be derived from GEJ even choosing this one area to bravely and holistically reform? Have you always lived on Mars not to have noted that many development analyst have warned that Nigeria can never develop without a system that curtails waste and bloated governance drastically? What has cutting waste, to make far more available for capital spendings, got to do with resource control? You can fool simpletons with your unintelligent drivel but smart folks here know that aggressive cost-cutting , as an agenda of reform many nations embrace, could actually overhaul our road/transport infrastructure completely. Instantly, the benevolent effect of that will be felt and ploughed back positively into the overall socio-economic development of Nigeria !!!!

You have been shown consistently that the totally unnecessary N18 billion used to maintain the Presidential air-fleet yearly can provide adequate accommodation for a vast number of Nigerians yet you will never argue here for your messiah to cut such insensitively wasteful cost and many, many, many more like that throughout Governance that makes Nigeria one of the few Nation where the vast majority of the budget is used subsidising the lavish existent of a very small percentage of the population. Instead you prefer hollow drivel you know will appeal to a people now divided by feudal rigidity and regional/ethnic dichotomy to the extent many cannot see what is obvious which is that the system is horribly bleeding a vast amount of money that could actually supervise the adequate development of Nigeria !!!

Everywhere else in the World, the processes, cuts and reform compromised GEJ and those before him are failing to initiate are precisely what has made nations great not your apologists and 'carousel' suggestions!!! Citizens demand that those actions be carried out !!! They don't vote in leaders to then craft a new set of parameters after those leaders have unravelled as total failures who are big parts of the problem. Nigeria is literally bleeding money everywhere with all major institutions moribund and you are here attempting to deceive others with your unbelievably senseless BS.

As an example, it is obvious you will never support an honest look at the failure of GEJ in regards to his penchant for propping up inefficiency because you know he is a poster child of waste, profligacy and bloated Governance. You would rather tout the hollow panacea of "resource control" so that the deficiency of GEJ, along with his inability to reform Nigeria for the better, is ignored. The bottom line is that leadership sincerity and efficacy, at the centre, is needed far more than anything else right now. You just cannot admit that because this sharply brings the action and inaction of GEJ in focus to the extent even a little child will know he is failing.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by anonimi: 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Assuming we have resource control as the deceitful Insincere9gerian bamboozles some posters with, is it the States that will then renovate and our federal roads deemed some of the worst and least motorable in the World currently?

Does everything now start and end in States or is it now wrong, because some attempt to decieve others via shouting "resource control", to demand that the FG is up and doing in relation to its duties and responsibilities? How is the need for the FG to be far more diligent and effective than it currently is tied to resource control alone? In contrast, and for those who can relate problems to solutions, it is obvious some of the recommendations of the nPDP actually provide workable solutions to identified problems even if some want to muddy the water with impertinent talk based on whipping up feudal sentiments in Nigerians that detract from the monumental failure of the FG.

What was the situation before the January 1966 coup and subsequent unitary system by Ironsi?
Awolowo transformed the whole old Western region in six years (1954-1960) with RESOURCE CONTROL of cocoa money mainly in

- education,
- heath,
- roads,
- rural development,
- agri-business
- televison
- stadium & sports
etc?

Did the north also not have its NNDC- Northern Nigeria Development Company with textile mills, groundnut pyramids and vegetable oil etc?
Were the regions not much more vibrant then than these current arrangement of tending ALMAJIRI BEGGING BOWLS in Abuja every month for federal allocation of Niger Delta oil revenue?

Gbawe: Even with the resource control argument, the 8 recommendation covered it with the innate feudalism of many making them to miss it. To expose the deceit Insincere9gerian and other feudalists are trying to pull off, so that an intelligent inspection of the recommendations of the nPDP is impossible, the forum oblige and tell me what the suggestion below is demanding when it wants States to gain greater control of their resources ? It is the same method Insincere9gerian and his clan used to discredit Ribadu right here on this forum so we would not inspect the recommendations of his petroleum task force to demand with one voice, as a focused people, that GEJ implement those recommendations.

Don't try any twisting palongo dance here.
The recommendatioon 8 (reproduced below) is simply asking more for states from the federal allocation i.e. change the distribution %, which is very different from resource control that existed before 1966. The states (or viable confederating units that will result from restructuring the country) exploit their resources and agree on how much tax to pay to the federal government

•We demand a re-ordering of the inchoate federal structure we are running with a view to allowing the states and the other federating units more access to resources to attend to the numerous responsibilities placed on them.

Why anyone should be afraid of having the INDEPENDENCE to chart its own economic track from its own resources is ironic,
Could it be that such people are afraid of their own laziness having grown used to simply sharing the national cake all these years of MILITARY rule by coupists

3 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by luvmijeje(f): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bunch of hyprocrites! Are Baraje's co-travellers no longer Governors? What developmental programmes did they deliver in their respective states? The only person that should open his mouth a little is Ameachi but do I blame them if not for the inept President.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by HUGES: 6:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
That is not my understanding of point 5. Point 5 states "... with a view to allowing the states and the other federating units MORE access to resources"

Point 5 is simply asking for MORE funds for the state and local govt. That is different from RESOURCE CONTROL.
Oops! U're rit. Jst checked it again. So in other words I might say they are being deceptive, cos d actual thing they are asking for is funds, but use d word 'resources' to make folks think they are fighting for d masses. Lol

2 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by PointB: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Still on the issue of resource control, I like the idea of the 13% derivative principle. However, when Resource Control become the practice, may I propose that the state keep 87% percent of what they produce and give the central government 13%.

That's a fair deal.

4 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by anonimi: 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
PointB: Still on the issue of resource control, I like the idea of the 13% derivative principle. However, when Resource Control become the practice, may I propose that the state keep 87% percent of what they produce and give the central government 13%.

That's a fair deal.

Very fair deal, no doubt.

4 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by naso2(m): 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
clearly shows these bunch of clowns now know that the game is up.
What happened to their previous demands?
They are throwing their last dice which clearly is to play to the gallery and see how far public sympathy can carry them.

abeg make dem go siddon long and short of the matter is that they dont want GEJ to contest 2015

4 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by BekeeBuAgbara: 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
Those men are confused, they don't want EFCC to investigate them, at the same time they want GEJ to fight corruption.

4 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by successking: 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
Babangida Aliyu has misled Baraje and his associates because of his ambitious desire to become president in 2015. Now, hands are crossed and patiently waiting to see the end of this poorly thought out decision of factionalising PDP for selfish interests.

2 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by PointB: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
We the good people of Nairaland duly support the new PDP 8 point agenda.

We urge the President to hasten the implementation of these beautiful ideas starting with point #5:

by implementing full resource control such that the state get 87% of their resources to enable "attend to the numerous responsibilities placed on them" while the central government get 13%. Who said the new PDP are entirely bad or selfish. Good things do sometimes come from bad people.

#ResourceControlNow

2 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by iGeneral: 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nonsense
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
Who cares about PDP demand if they loss 2015 election better for us
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by anonimi: 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
PointB: We the good people of Nairaland duly support the new PDP 8 point agenda.

We urge the President to hasten the implementation of these beautiful ideas starting with point #5:

by implementing full resource control such that the state get 87% of their resources to enable "attend to the numerous responsibilities placed on them" while the central government get 13%. Who said the new PDP are entirely bad or selfish. Good things do sometimes come from bad people.

#ResourceControlNow

I respectfully request that you permit me to make a slight but very important amendment to your meaningful proposal:

by implementing full resource control such that the state KEEPS 87% of their resources to enable "attend to the numerous responsibilities placed on them" while the central government RECEIVES 13% FROM THE STATE (or whatever federating units result from the restructuring of the geographical entity called Nigeria)

I hope you will agree with me that the new wording represents better the whole idea and avoids any ambiguity that may be used by LAZY BONES who want to continue the current federal alamjiri monthly fiesta in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by PointB: 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
anonimi:

I respectfully request that you permit me to make a slight but very important amendment to your meaningful proposal:

by implementing full resource control such that the state KEEPS 87% of their resources to enable "attend to the numerous responsibilities placed on them" while the central government RECEIVES 13% FROM THE STATE (or whatever federating units result from the restructuring of the geographical entity called Nigeria)

I hope you will agree with me that the new wording represents better the whole idea and avoids any ambiguity that may be used by LAZY BONES who want to continue the current federal alamjiri monthly fiesta in Abuja.

More like it! cool
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Pontaboki: 7:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
Are you afraid of managing your resources in Ekiti state or Nasarawa state?
Gbawe:

You are talking garbage. Do you know how many Nations of the world, with similar structure to Nigeria, have good central administration that makes things work effectively? Aside your poor grasp of the relation and synergy between adequate leadership effort and development, you are also a very dishonest person.

What, for example, does "resource control" have to do with how an irresponsible leadership class deliberately perverted administrative processes over time till a stupendous 70% of the budgeted spending of Nigeria is now used on recurrent expenses whereas same is in single digit in many developed nation i.e under 10%. You wish to overlook how Nigeria has horribly and self-destructively skewed this basic developmental ratio to be talking of "resource control"? Is this not a display of your patent dishonesty and legendary insincerity ?

Do you know the massive developmental benefits that can be derived from GEJ even choosing this one area to bravely and holistically reform? Have you always lived on Mars not to have noted that many development analyst have warned that Nigeria can never develop without a system that curtails waste and bloated governance drastically? What has cutting waste, to make far more available for capital spendings, got to do with resource control? You can fool simpletons with your unintelligent drivel but smart folks here know that aggressive cost-cutting , as an agenda of reform many nations embrace, could actually overhaul our road/transport infrastructure completely. Instantly, the benevolent effect of that will be felt and ploughed back positively into the overall socio-economic development of Nigeria !!!!

You have been shown consistently that the totally unnecessary N18 billion used to maintain the Presidential air-fleet yearly can provide adequate accommodation for a vast number of Nigerians yet you will never argue here for your messiah to cut such insensitively wasteful cost and many, many, many more like that throughout Governance that makes Nigeria one of the few Nation where the vast majority of the budget is used subsidising the lavish existent of a very small percentage of the population. Instead you prefer hollow drivel you know will appeal to a people now divided by feudal rigidity and regional/ethnic dichotomy to the extent many cannot see what is obvious which is that the system is horribly bleeding a vast amount of money that could actually supervise the adequate development of Nigeria !!!

Everywhere else in the World, the processes, cuts and reform compromised GEJ and those before him are failing to initiate are precisely what has made nations great not your apologists and 'carousel' suggestions!!! Citizens demand that those actions be carried out !!! They don't vote in leaders to then craft a new set of parameters after those leaders have unravelled as total failures who are big parts of the problem. Nigeria is literally bleeding money everywhere with all major institutions moribund and you are here attempting to deceive others with your unbelievably senseless BS.

As an example, it is obvious you will never support an honest look at the failure of GEJ in regards to his penchant for propping up inefficiency because you know he is a poster child of waste, profligacy and bloated Governance. You would rather tout the hollow panacea of "resource control" so that the deficiency of GEJ, along with his inability to reform Nigeria for the better, is ignored. The bottom line is that leadership sincerity and efficacy, at the centre, is needed far more than anything else right now. You just cannot admit that because this sharply brings the action and inaction of GEJ in focus to the extent even a little child will know he is failing.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Residents Scoop Fuel As Tanker Crashes Along Lagos-ibadan Road. Photos / Okorocha And Aisha Buhari At Get Involved In Abuja / Is There Anything We Crucified GEJ For That Has'nt Happened Under PMB?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.