Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,420 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? (1663 Views)

Why Did You Leave Your Ex? Share Your Experience. / Ladies: Why Leave Your Cleavage Open? / Do You Know A Playboy? For The Sake Of Sisters Put Down His Name Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by maureensylvia(f): 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
i have been thinking of this for so long, i am a staunch catholic going to marry an anglican but it is a big blow to me cos am used to catholic, i was born and brought up in catholic and iam in many societies in my church. now love wants to take me to anglican...for the sake of marriage, can you leave your church?
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by badmeat(m): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
If u can follow hom to mr biggs,why can't you follow him to his church

8 Likes

Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Infomizer(m): 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
bad meat: If u can follow hom to mr biggs,why can't you follow him to his church
You are karid! Lol!
Laff don make me touch crase woman breast

1 Like

Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Infomizer(m): 10:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
maureensylvia: i have been thinking of this for so long, i am a staunch catholic going to marry an anglican but it is a big blow to me cos am used to catholic, i was born and brought up in catholic and iam in many societies in my church. now love wants to take me to anglican...for the sake of marriage, can you leave your church?
It's marriage baby, it's a sacrifice you've gotta pay if your man demands it!

1 Like

Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by heed101(m): 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
is this a question? why are u people so fixated to going a particular chuch. If i were to b a christain, I would go to any church as long as they are serving the only God I know.

1 Like

Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 03, 2013
Tough question..

Depends on what his religion is..

CFC, what is your religion? Am I going to have to port? wink
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Handsomeemmy(m): 5:07am On Oct 03, 2013
It is simple, believing you are a catholic before being a christian is the problem, with God there is no denomination and He that ordained marriage is not after denomination as well, what i mean is that salvation is all that matters, we need to really understand christianity very well. It goes beyond denomination.

Bottom line: Being in a denomination does not guarantee a good marriage or a better family, personal relationship with your maker is all you need

1 Like

Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by maureensylvia(f): 5:08am On Oct 03, 2013
@ heed u myt tink dt it is easy but if u undastud wat i asked, u wnt b saying dis
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 03, 2013
maureensylvia: i have been thinking of this for so long, i am a staunch catholic going to marry an anglican but it is a big blow to me cos am used to catholic, i was born and brought up in catholic and iam in many societies in my church. now love wants to take me to anglican...for the sake of marriage, can you leave your church?
Then do not marry an anglican. Stay and find a husband at your catholic. You might have to consider one of the fathers later while growing old, though in a sort of secret deal. Got my drift? We do not want people like you joining us in anglican.
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 03, 2013
What has church got to do with it. Mtcheeew.
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by SorayaCarvalho(f): 7:15am On Oct 03, 2013
bad meat: If u can follow hom to mr biggs,why can't you follow him to his church

Dumb poster, how can you compare Mr Biggs to religion?
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by jmoore(m): 7:20am On Oct 03, 2013
You have to follow the husband or you wait for your own catholic husband.

1 Like

Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by sunnyt1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2013

I dnt mean to be hard on u bt YOU ARE NOT READY FOR MARRIAGE.

You might be physically matured, bt mentally, you are not ready.

For such tot 2 hv crossed ur mind, it simply means you have some growing up to do.

Marriage means loyalty, and if u see it strange to move to ur husband's church then u are neither commited nor loyal.
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 03, 2013
i can't go to white garment...mbanu!
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by jmoore(m): 3:12pm On Oct 03, 2013
mechummy: i can't go to white garment...mbanu!
U dey fear ndi uka uwe ocha? cheesy
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Nadoson: 9:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
This question should hv bin direted 2 opposit like (Men, would u folow ur fiancy 2 ha church?)
because it is well known that WOMEN dosn't hav a particular church as far as she's single. Any church she atends durin ha SPINSTERSHIP is part-time unles d MAN worship same chuch wit ha. So i rest ma case.
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
jmoore:
U dey fear ndi uka uwe ocha? cheesy

eh nwannem...I can't o
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by kayClt(f): 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
Dats total submission to him, except if he doesn't find it to be a problem.
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by tpia5: 11:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
should have discussed this before you jumped into bed with yourselves?
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Nadoson: 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2013
Girls mek una coment naa.
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:29am On Nov 18, 2013
heed101: is this a question? why are u people so fixated to going a particular chuch. If i were to b a christain, I would go to any church as long as they are serving the only God I know.
WORD!

Dats y I like bein a muslim,u worship any were.

@op is it ur church u are worshipping or God undecided
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by babyBB: 9:43am On Nov 18, 2013
Soraya-Carvalho:

Dumb poster, how can you compare Mr Biggs to religion?
is catholic church a religion? Plss if u are a christain, u are just a christian why all these division in christainity? Haba
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by valyzubxx(m): 10:03am On Nov 18, 2013
[b][/b]
bad meat: If u can follow him to mr biggs,why can't you follow him to his church

You got me ROTFL grin grin
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 18, 2013
at all others u dnt understand d op..well op i understand u .Probably ur parent attends d same church.or u r too with d activities of the church..well it depends on ur fiance..i see no problem as long as is a christian.if u realy dnt wanna leave ur church av a private discussion with him abt d matter.but if he insist..which i dnt think he wil do..u av no option.his d head of d family..and its stil d same religion..ur pastor wil undastand if u explain ur husband opinion to him.k
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by onstelly(f): 10:30am On Nov 18, 2013
Is always hard for catholics to do why, I don't get it. Am a catholic too but I won't mind going to another church as long as I love the person. Biko follow your heart
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by maureensylvia(f): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2021
onstelly:
Is always hard for catholics to do why, I don't get it. Am a catholic too but I won't mind going to another church as long as I love the person. Biko follow your heart

I was a Catholic lol
Marriage turned me a Pentecostal
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by JorgedeToledo: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2023
maureensylvia:

I was a Catholic lol
Marriage turned me a Pentecostal

Good day Maureen. On this thread, you said you were getting married to an Anglican. How come you are now in a Pentecostal Christian Home?
I am just curious.
I am Pentecostal by the way.
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Originalsly: 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2023
That's a personal decision. If you can't leave your church then you shouldn't marry an outsider. The only option is for him to join your church. If you are a staunch Catholic then you have no business dating and marrying an outsider.
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by maureensylvia(f): 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2023
JorgedeToledo:

Good day Maureen. On this thread, you said you were getting married to an Anglican. How come you are now in a Pentecostal Christian Home?
I am just curious.
I am Pentecostal by the way.

Amazing afternoon
I was born and raised in catholic not Anglican
My husband is a Pentecostal but I don’t really like Pentecostal…I want to go back to my catholic which I’m pleading him

We wedded and baptized our kids in catholic
Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by JorgedeToledo: 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2023
maureensylvia:

Amazing afternoon
I was born and raised in catholic not Anglican
My husband is a Pentecostal but I don’t really like Pentecostal…I want to go back to my catholic which I’m pleading him

We wedded and baptized our kids in catholic

Okay.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: For The Sake Of Marriage, Can You Leave Your Church For Your Husband's Church? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2023
With 440 sef
Didn't you know his church before agreeing to marry him
I can change church because God is everywhere and there's no barrier between me and Him

(1) (Reply)

Dudes In Your Girl's Friendzone Waiting For You To Slip Like... (pic) / Shocking: "I Had Sex With A Snake" - 19 Year Old (punch) (1) (2) (3) (4) / Female SEXUAL BODY Language Men Should Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.