Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector (7466 Views)

I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan / Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by karlmax2: 12:35am On Oct 03, 2013
Posted by: Channels Television Posted date: October 02, 2013

The World Bank has decided to invest in Nigeria’s power sector with the sum of $1 billion.

This grant is expected to accelerate the post privatisation process of the power sector.

The international finance corporation, a member of the World Bank says it will make long term loan financing available to the sector because of the potentials it presents.

This amount is to be shared among three distribution and generation companies that won the privatisation bid.

IFC is set to provide financing to mobilize funds for one power generation company and also planning to invest in another power generation company, with further plans to support up to three power distribution companies. These projects will add 1, 500 MW to Nigeria’s grid and are part of the World Bank Group’s intervention in the sector, which is built into the Group’s Energy Business Plan.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/10/02/world-bank-to-invest-1-billion-in-nigerias-power-sector/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

3 Likes

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by segzyj(m): 12:47am On Oct 03, 2013
Hun?
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by homesteady(m): 12:55am On Oct 03, 2013
Nigeria black out days will soon be history!
World bank has also come to receive Fresh air!
Fresh Air cool

7 Likes

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by clip: 1:36am On Oct 03, 2013
We will get there soon. To business minded person this is the right time to key-in into power business.
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by xager(m): 1:37am On Oct 03, 2013
as long as there is uninterrupted power supply dammit!! angry
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by spenca: 6:46am On Oct 03, 2013
This is slavery ,soon power bills will be a big deal

3 Likes

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 03, 2013
homesteady: Nigeria black out days will soon be history!
World bank has also come to receive Fresh air!
Fresh Air cool
fresh air oshi wo ni gan sad

3 Likes

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 03, 2013
Ok
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by homesteady(m): 8:48am On Oct 03, 2013
sheyie2007: fresh air oshi wo ni gan sad

Back to sender grin

3 Likes

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:27am On Oct 03, 2013
Mod frontpage this is a goodnews but badnews to some piple fresh air till 2019

2 Likes

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by phillippiano(m): 9:31am On Oct 03, 2013
sheyie2007: fresh air oshi wo ni gan sad
Lolsss
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 03, 2013
homesteady:

Back to sender grin
if you want fresh air, go to bar-beach! angry
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by goldenspoon: 9:48am On Oct 03, 2013
make we dey observe

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 03, 2013
I JUST WISH THIS PROJECT WILL BE ACHIEVED, AND SOONEST

1 Like

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 03, 2013
My dream is to share in that loot angry

3 Likes

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by jonescyras(m): 9:48am On Oct 03, 2013
I pray o!
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Jayses(m): 9:49am On Oct 03, 2013
Hope this news is genuine
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by kwaraguy(m): 9:50am On Oct 03, 2013
Like seriously?
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by taharqa: 9:51am On Oct 03, 2013
spenca: This is slavery ,soon power bills will be a big deal
It is not a must to comment, you know...
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Lekoba(m): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2013
All things being possible!
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by toluwaniyahoo(f): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2013
We're getting toward there. l guess
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 03, 2013
One thing I'd have to say is that world bank should endeavour not to hand over this huge money to the Federal govt or private individual in the guise of PHCN,NEPA or what so ever they call their recent name due to the ongoing privatisation.This is my own submission O◦°˚ ˚°◦o.
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by jentlsoul: 9:52am On Oct 03, 2013
Nigeria my country. Wish them success

1 Like

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 03, 2013
some politicians just got richer
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Mexyz(m): 9:53am On Oct 03, 2013
Fresh Air everywhere you go....can't jst imagine hw haters wud be feeln nw after seeing this news. Gej tl 2019....join d crew nw,dnt be left behind o.

3 Likes

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by donphilopus: 9:53am On Oct 03, 2013
Hope the Light would be steady and constant sha?
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by uken73(m): 9:53am On Oct 03, 2013
spenca: This is slavery ,soon power bills will be a big deal

Why do you think so. If you have constant power, there will definitely be more hours to bill and of course, you will have to pay more. But even if the rate is higher, but reasonable, I thing it's still a good thing. Just be in a productive venture and you should afford to pay the bills.

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by estyvino(m): 9:54am On Oct 03, 2013
Fresh air team Nigeria
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2013
TribalEAST: My dream is to share in that loot angry

Some of you just talk anyhow. When did a $1billion investment in the NOW PRIVATIZED power sector become "loot"?

@ topic, good news. I'm however interested in knowing how the specific beneficiaries will be selected.

1 Like

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Built2last: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2013
Immediately i saw the president giving certificates to the winners of the privatised power sector. I knew that the days of black out in Nigeria will soon be over. When Obasanjo handed over certificates to Telcom giants in year 2000. Many doubted him and lashed him on the media. the same mouths that spoke evil about that move now speak good of him. so shall be the case of GEJ in power sector. He will surprise his enemies who are buried in sentiments and ethnic bigottery. He will proove them wrong by end of 2014 with regards to power. We require PATIENCE with GUDLUCK on our land to get there. what a combo. Haters, over to you

5 Likes

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Hoii(m): 9:55am On Oct 03, 2013
Mo sorry fun gboooogbo yin o, mo sorry fun gbogbo yin lokankan

1 Like

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 03, 2013
ASUU, bunch of wicked men and women sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apology Latter To The Igbos From South Southerns / I Am Happy There Was No Fuel Scarcity This Year – Fun Seeker / Why I Was Confident Buhari’ll Win – Sokoto Campaign DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.