Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

My Hair Woes - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Hair Woes (13911 Views)

A New Look: Wanna Cut My Hair / My Hair Journey :from Relaxed To Natural ( With Pics) / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 08, 2009
'Ok, I'll go look for it again.
Re: My Hair Woes by Riskie(f): 6:17pm On May 08, 2009
You can get coconut oil at most any grocery store. Or you can check an Indian store.
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:43pm On May 14, 2009
how's the search, ladies wink

I've heard Cantu is VERY nice for hair esp natural. soft and smells good. You can find it at Rite Aid or any store

[img]http://usweetpea.files./2009/04/hair_leave-in_cantu-shea-butter.jpg[/img]
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 3:57am On May 23, 2009
has anyone tried the neutrogena triple moisture line?
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:17am On May 23, 2009
sisssssssssy

where have you been dear? kiss

I use the NTM leave in when I rollerset. It's nice.
Re: My Hair Woes by san26dy(f): 5:21am On May 23, 2009
I don't know about you all but I have limp hair, I have been wrapping my hair for about a year now. Even with all the treatments the hairdresser add to my hair it is still thin. But I started using raw egg with mayonnaise as my protein tretment for Ihr then I wash off and  apply optimum deep conditioner for 10mins. the only hair oil I use for my hair now is the regular extra virgin olive oil.  It is doing WONDERS for my hair!! I can't believe it. I will recommend it to anyone. Oh and for leave conditioner, I use aphogee.
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 5:33am On May 23, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

sisssssssssy

where have you been dear?  kiss

I use the NTM leave in when I rollerset. It's nice.

my sista i dey oo, i had something in the oven tongue and finishing up exams and finding preparing for ma residence kept me away cry cry

u nko?  kiss kiss

so the NTM thing is really nice?  aha i'm definitely going to try it  cheesy cheesy cox my hair needs all the help it can get right now tongue embarassed
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 5:48am On May 23, 2009
~Sissy~:

my sista i dey oo, i had something in the oven tongue and also too much exams kept me away cry cry

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Sisssy!!!!!!

Which oven? shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 5:49am On May 23, 2009
FL Gators:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Sisssy!!!!!!

Which oven? shocked shocked shocked

ROTFLAMO ! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

nah, not that kind of oven nah, i mean the oven in the kitchen lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue tongue
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 5:50am On May 23, 2009
TOH, last time, you told that if I was to look for hair cream, I should check for 3 ingredients, can u name them plz?

I kinda forgot tongue
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 5:51am On May 23, 2009
~Sissy~:

ROTFLAMO ! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

nah, not that kind of oven nah, i mean the oven in the kitchen lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue tongue
eh ehn, better talk now so I might as well shop for baby shower gifts too.

All this ppl wey dey turn oven on this year sef. Ify, TOH, stillwater and co. ah ahn
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 5:53am On May 23, 2009
FL Gators:

TOH, last time, you told that if I was to look for hair cream, I should check for 3 ingredients, can u name them plz?

I kinda forgot tongue

rofl ! abeg no kill me oo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

she will flog u first b4 repeating herself again b4 telling u again tongue tongue

FL Gators:

eh ehn, better talk now so I might as well shop for baby shower gifts too.

All this ppl wey dey turn oven on this year sef. Ify, TOH, stillwater and co. ah ahn

nah, not that oven oo that one still empty for now . i was baking a chicken in the kitchen oven tongue tongue
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 5:59am On May 23, 2009
She no fit flog. tongue
I got my own secret weapon cheesy cheesy My bro

@sissy
eh ehn. Thank God, so I get to keep the gift money to myself. More shoes, yipeee!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 6:51am On May 23, 2009
FL Gators:

She no fit flog. tongue
I got my own secret weapon cheesy cheesy My bro

@sissy
eh ehn. Thank God, so I get to keep the gift money to myself. More shoes, yipeee!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

lol, yep keep the money for now but b ready to vomit it wen the time comes tongue tongue
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 7:25am On May 23, 2009
Karma, what kind of relaxer do you use the Lye or No-Lye?
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 23, 2009
~Sissy~:

lol, yep keep the money for now but b ready to vomit it wen the time comes tongue tongue
Yes ma! cheesy cheesy

@Sissy
What's the diff b/w the two? Lye and No-Lye?
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 7:32pm On May 23, 2009
FL Gators:

Yes ma! cheesy cheesy

@Sissy
What's the diff b/w the two? Lye and No-Lye?

the Lye ones are usually much stronger and have higher phs. the higher the pH of the chemical relaxer, the greater the formula's ability to swell and lift the hair's cuticle. while no lye are usually more gentle. but if you have coarser hair types, the no lye ones may not relaxer it very well, the lye is usually the best for this type. no lye relaxers are gentler on the scalp but hard on the hair. If extreme care is not exercised when applying a no lye relaxer, the damage is just as devastating. so it is gentle but overaly gentle still have to take precautions. and they have lower pH than lye relaxers. they are the the do it urself ones that comes in a kits you buy in stores and the lye ones are the ones salons use. and the non lye tend to straighten the hair more.

the lye ones are gentler on the hair and hard on the scalps due to the higher ph it contains. and used by professional in the salon cux they say it is the best. though this ones dnt general straighten the hair too much like the non lye types. which is kinda good. they are much faster to process than the non lye ones. they more expensive cox you dont buy it in the stores. overall both are still chemicals.

i usually do the non lye ones ----- the ones you buy in stores it takes more longer to relaxer but when i do it at a salon since they use the lye ones, within 5-10mintues my hair is already burning. it is much stronger and faster
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 12:47am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

the Lye ones are usually much stronger and have higher phs. the higher the pH of the chemical relaxer, the greater the formula's ability to swell and lift the hair's cuticle. while no lye are usually more gentle. but if you have coarser hair types, the no lye ones may not relaxer it very well, the lye is usually the best for this type. no lye relaxers are gentler on the scalp but hard on the hair. If extreme care is not exercised when applying a no lye relaxer, the damage is just as devastating. so it is gentle but overaly gentle still have to take precautions. and they have lower pH than lye relaxers. they are the the do it urself ones that comes in a kits you buy in stores and the lye ones are the ones salons use. and the non lye tend to straighten the hair more.

the lye ones are gentler on the hair and hard on the scalps due to the higher ph it contains. and used by professional in the salon cux they say it is the best. though this ones dnt general straighten the hair too much like the non lye types. which is kinda good. they are much faster to process than the non lye ones. they more expensive cox you dont buy it in the stores. overall both are still chemicals.

i usually do the non lye ones ----- the ones you buy in stores it takes more longer to relaxer but when i do it at a salon since they use the lye ones, within 5-10mintues my hair is already burning. it is much stronger and faster

Oh gosh, that!!
Makes me cry silently, esp when I fix my hair right after relaxing it cry cry cry
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 12:48am On May 24, 2009
nah i dnt fix or braid ma hair right way, i wait like a week or so after deep conditioning
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 12:55am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

nah i dnt fix or braid ma hair right way, i wait like a week or so after deep conditioning
But for weave-on ponytails, you gotta fix it right away
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 1:05am On May 24, 2009
i usually dnt do ponys but as for weave on i wait a week after relaxer and i put deep condition it b4 doing the weave on.

i like to give ma hair a break grin
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 1:07am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

i usually dnt do ponys but as for weave on i wait a week after relaxer and i put deep condition it b4 doing the weave on.

i like to give ma hair a break grin
LOL, true that. cheesy
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:46am On May 24, 2009
I use Lye. Only thing good about no-lye is that it doesnt hurt but it makes your hair dry (CaOH2), Lye is better but can burn people (NaOH) but as long as you quickly rinse off the relaxer or better yet use MILD formula you will be fine.

I just bought Mizani Butter Blends for my touch up next week (Im 3 months behind relaxer) cheesy

The two best relaxers now are 1. Mizani/Mizani Butter Blends or Affirm. If your hair isnt really thick, abeg use Mild.

alagolo elenu nla, Make sure WATER is in the first 3 ingredients for hair moisturizer. No BLOODY pink oil!

sissy abeg confess. who stays away from NL for 3 weeks cos of chicken. I send an Angola curse to you if you dont talk angry
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 1:50am On May 24, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

I use Lye. Only thing good about no-lye is that it doesnt hurt but it makes your hair dry (CaOH2), Lye is better but can burn people (NaOH) but as long as you quickly rinse off the relaxer or better yet use MILD formula you will be fine.

I just bought Mizani Butter Blends for my touch up next week (Im 3 months behind relaxer) cheesy

The two best relaxers now are 1. Mizani/Mizani Butter Blends or Affirm. If your hair isnt really thick, abeg use Mild.

alagolo elenu nla, Make sure WATER is in the first 3 ingredients for hair moisturizer. No BLOODY pink oil!

sissy abeg confess. who stays away from NL for 3 weeks cos of chicken. I send an Angola curse to you if you dont talk angry
You know, I looked up all you posted on this thread and started buying some of them.

I stopped using pink oil jare. Makes my hair too soft.
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 2:14am On May 24, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

na truth i dey speak oo. na only chicken oo. nothing else so plz continue holding the curse dnt release it yet lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin

or do u wan make i take a lie detector test tongue tongue tongue . nah i was actually preparing for my residency training.

where can i get those relaxers? willing to try it, my hair is kinda thick embarassed embarassed
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 2:57am On May 24, 2009
I actually bought coconut oil. Decided to stay off braids for a while. Went to the pool the other day, got my head wet, only for my hair to shrink to balls of cottonwool. Had to use a hair straightener and long hours of combing in order to at least look presentable today. Natural hair's not easy at all.
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:18am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

na truth i dey speak oo. na only chicken oo. nothing else so plz continue holding the curse dnt release it yet lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin

or do u wan make i take a lie detector test tongue tongue tongue . nah i was actually preparing for my residency training.

where can i get those relaxers? willing to try it, my hair is kinda thick embarassed embarassed

you can get affirm or mizani at any sally's or beauty supply store. I got mine from beautyofnewyork, they ship fast and everywhere smiley

Good luck with training kiss
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 4:09am On May 24, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

you can get affirm or mizani at any sally's or beauty supply store. I got mine from beautyofnewyork, they ship fast and everywhere smiley

Good luck with training kiss
You are a life saver. I just bookmarked the site.
Thanks!!
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 4:27am On May 24, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

you can get affirm or mizani at any sally's or beauty supply store. I got mine from beautyofnewyork, they ship fast and everywhere  smiley

Good luck with training  kiss

aww . . . .  . . . thnks dear kiss kiss

oh mine, thank you so very much for that site.

you have been really helpful ooo kiss cool cool

definitely going to order it right way grin grin grin
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 5:07am On May 24, 2009
Advice for anyone buying any items from that site:

Don't buy Blue Magic and Softee.

Both contains petroleum and dries the scalp.

So, dnt waste ur money
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:54am On May 25, 2009
You're learning  cheesy

stilly what kind of dirty girl doesnt sleep with a cap? angry
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 12:57am On May 25, 2009
Sleep/swim with a cap, can't be bothered with that and that's not sexy abeg, shior

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help Me I'm Young, Female And I Think I'm Going Bald! / Butt Craze :What's The Attraction To The Butt? / The Best Fashion School In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.