Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

My Hair Woes - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Hair Woes (13912 Views)

A New Look: Wanna Cut My Hair / My Hair Journey :from Relaxed To Natural ( With Pics) / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 3:20am On Aug 04, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Use castor oil to thicken your hair. Apply it 2-3 times a week, make sure you wash your hair often though (once a week cos castpr oil is thick and bother hair growth

as for the front of your hair, do you pull it alot? (ponytails, braids, etc)?

Thnx for the tip, but with braids, can i still apply Castor oil or do i have to wait until the braids are out? And the answer is yes i do braids. I cut my hair in April and used texturizer to do a blow out in July after braiding it for awhile to stretch out.
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:46am On Aug 04, 2009
Wait til the braids are out and your hair is freshly washed, then put the castor oil in your scalp and especially around your edges

Make sure your braids arent so tight
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2009
Ok, will try it out, thnx.
Re: My Hair Woes by bluespice(f): 2:45am On Aug 08, 2009
hey wanted to know guys
when going natural do the relaxed hairs fall out on their own?
lucky me my hair is almost fuly natural albeit short
but the funny thing is a simple run of my fingers thu my hair comes up with strands of relaxed hair
had to go get me anti hair fall conditioner
it used to be as bad as a handfull of relaxed hair
okay so im asking. . .
is this normal or do i run my hair under a shower of scissors?
Re: My Hair Woes by oyinda3(f): 3:39am On Aug 08, 2009
@bluespice,
YESSSSS cheesy ur relaxed hair will start to fall off because of the tension at the point between both textures (i think). my relaxed hair started to fall off when i was growing my natural hair too. and I eventually cut it all off.

~Sissy~:

i went to target today n got the NTM, prolly goin to use it next week, am thinking about getting NTM Deep Recovery Hair Mask too? have u tried it?

wow i guess NTM is popular among black ppl. I haven't tried it but I have a set of it. shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioning mask (abi recovery mask ni) etc . a friend gave them to me but i haven't tried it yet. can't wait i guess

right now i use herbal essences hello hydration conditioner regularly. I don't have shampoo i use my mom's cheap one lol.
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 3:48am On Aug 08, 2009
@ Oyinda

yea the NTM is good at least for moi hair. me loved it kiss
Re: My Hair Woes by bluespice(f): 3:51am On Aug 08, 2009
omg! i use herbal essences!! break's over
i saw hello hydration but went for break's over cheesy

thanks for the heads up tho
so if i want the hair to grow fast without braiding
(i cant braid here illd rather do nothing than let these ladies do it its so awfull, i make better hair 'spity i cant braid my own hair)
what do i do?
Re: My Hair Woes by oyinda3(f): 3:59am On Aug 08, 2009
hmm break's over sounds like protein treatment.
do u kno what i do with my hello hydration (moisture treatment) conditioner? I take one of my old spray bottles, fill it with water and add the conditioner to it. mix it up and use it as my spray leave in. very niceee. some ppl add oil to it but i haven't tried that yet.

basically natural hair needs a loooottttt of moisture everyday. i use protein treatment only once in a while like once a month for deep conditioning.
but since ur in the transitioning stage u definitely need more protein. but make sure to moisturize very often as well. wet ur hair even if just water everyday and maybe use oil to seal the moisture in.

ha hair is soo complicated lol
Re: My Hair Woes by No2Atheism(m): 4:00am On Aug 08, 2009
bluespice how long do u intend to stay natural, or is it just a passing fad, from my observation on youtube and this nairaland and few other black women oriented blogs, i think u can get a lot of helpers out there ,

imagine those cheeks with dreadlocks, grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy buahaaaa just kidding cus i know u won't go to the level of locks.
Re: My Hair Woes by No2Atheism(m): 4:02am On Aug 08, 2009
oyinda i see that u have already gone natural sef, how u come dey take do am ,

Whats the cost analysis of being natural and being a chemical lab volunteer, shocked shocked shocked oops sorry grin
Re: My Hair Woes by bluespice(f): 4:06am On Aug 08, 2009
no2a i have a huuuuge thing for guys with locks
who knows i just might
but i looooooove my scissors tongue
so maybe i might not

but on my being natural?
hmmm until im tired
but i love the versatility inherent with a natural do
im guessing ill stick to it for a while

oyinda so u say i get hello hydration too?
lol but im with u n the moisturising
without conditioner and daily water application, i cant even run my fingers thru my hair
yeah its very very curly
the initial reason i killed it with dye n relaxers
Re: My Hair Woes by oyinda3(f): 4:31am On Aug 08, 2009
bluespice hmm i will probably tell u to use up ur break's over first. pls don't rack up too much products.
buying too many products can be addicting so don't start it. so yea i suggest u use up ur break's over first. then get a moisturizing conditioner.

natural hair is probably not as easy as u think too (but very worth it imo)

No2Atheism:

oyinda i see that u have already gone natural sef, how u come dey take do am ,

Whats the cost analysis of being natural and being a chemical lab volunteer, shocked shocked shocked oops sorry grin

i won't say it's cheaper. since i didn't spend too much money on my hair even when it was relaxed. lol and never wore weaves or anything like that just extension braids once in a while. nothing against relaxed hair really. it can look cute too to be honest
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:40am On Aug 08, 2009
bluespice:

no2a i have a huuuuge thing for guys with locks

Gross

If you keep cutting the relaxed parts, why do you still have any left? Perhaps pu need to do a full cut and start over?

when you do, just make sure you wash it often and use natural oils to moisturize ie coconut, jojoba, olive, etc
Re: My Hair Woes by bluespice(f): 12:49am On Aug 09, 2009
my hair was quite long
and i just fell in love with my scissors tho i never went for a full hair cut
well, its only the tips now so. . yay me!

oyinda noted
im just getting used to the whole girly ish of lotsa products so not getting tons of products anytime soon wink
Re: My Hair Woes by Lita(f): 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2009
@bluespice
i hate using/having too many products, but it took me a while to figure out what to use when i went natural.  i've got five or six (shampoo, conditioner, curly product and hair butter) that i've been happy with for a long time.  nice to have a few more pennies in the purse.
Re: My Hair Woes by bluespice(f): 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2009
the tons of products folks use, .
im still calling my self in the transitional stage seeing as im basically letting the hair just grow out on its own. . .but when i see the lists of products different people claim to use and profess works im left bitting my lips. . . i mean how do i figure out which to buy?
is my hair coarse or hard?
lotsa questions i tells ya undecided
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2009
@all
Do you guyz know any spray that works to make hair stand up or puffy?
I don't want any stinky spray thatz too greasy. Thanks
Re: My Hair Woes by bluespice(f): 10:01pm On Aug 09, 2009
stand up in what sense?

dont the regular hair spray gels do just that? undecided
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 09, 2009
Stand up like it does fall down when you comb it up. To give it the natural look.

Hair spray gel? Is that a new invention?
Re: My Hair Woes by Lita(f): 8:26am On Aug 10, 2009
you can get hairspray, which should give hold, you could probably spray some in your hair if you comb or fix it in sections. something like elnett would hold whatever style you had, but it might flake, so you'd have to figure out the right amount.
Re: My Hair Woes by kokolet25: 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2010
Hello, If you are looking for AUTHENTIC 100% human hair, look no further!! Koko's hair offers quality, variety and value all in one!!

At Koko’s Hair our desire is to bring out the beauty in every woman, as the saying goes “ The hair is a woman’s crown and glory.”

From lengths as short as 7 inches to long ones of 32inchs!!!inches|_We offer 100% human hair and a wide range of hair products to keep your hair looking healthy and vibrant. Where else can you find top of the line human hair at such affordable prices.

Most of all Koko’s hair is guaranteed to last you several years, without shedding or thinning. It is surely the best investment a lady can make towards her looks.

We offer all the options you could possibly think of concerning human hair.
We have a wide range of different textures of hair from bone straight , wavy, curly and even to extreme curl.
Our hair comes in natural colours such as various shades of black and brown. High pitch colours such as blonde are available

In order to prolong the life-span of your hair and enjoy its to the fullest, we have products which you can use on Koko’s hair. The products will help retain it’s vibrant shine, health appearance, texture and freshness . Our maintenance stock ranges from ,curl definers, oil-free hair polish, human hair conditioners aconditioners. We also give advise on taking care of your purchases. Please contact us for more information.

Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 9:15am On Mar 05, 2010
KARMA abegi come back now cry cry cry cry cry sad sad sad sad cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help Me I'm Young, Female And I Think I'm Going Bald! / Butt Craze :What's The Attraction To The Butt? / The Best Fashion School In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.