Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

My Hair Woes - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Hair Woes (13909 Views)

A New Look: Wanna Cut My Hair / My Hair Journey :from Relaxed To Natural ( With Pics) / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:01am On May 25, 2009
coming out with a shrunken afro is sexy abi? tongue
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 1:05am On May 25, 2009
Lol grin grin grin

I don't like those caps jare, my head looks like a peanut in it.
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 6:35am On May 25, 2009
ladies, do you flat iron your hair by yourself or do you go to the salon? if so wot kinda iron do you use

i use the CHI ceramic irons when i do it at home, but usually do it at the salon.
Re: My Hair Woes by LadyT(f): 6:42am On May 25, 2009
Salon but I do have a pair of wide plate GHD's that I use sometimes very very good tongue
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 25, 2009
What is Hair Loose?
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 25, 2009
TOH, Can you tell me if these hair treatments are OK, before I buy them?

http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/product_view.php?itemCode=X9F1290607KS1250

[img]http://www.cosmeticsolutions.biz/catalog/B46470.jpg[/img]

Cantu Shea Butter
Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream

Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:06am On May 26, 2009
Only Cantu.
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 12:23am On May 26, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Only Cantu.
Thanks. Will buy it then
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 1:32am On May 28, 2009
Karma, i finally bought the Mizani butter blend!

i used it today. so me and ma hair want to personally thank you cuz i'm loving ma hair right now thnks so very much kiss kiss

this is way better than the kinky one i was using before lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

it relaxed very well and made ma hair soft and very silkier
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:02am On May 28, 2009
~Sissy~:

i used it today. so me and ma hair want to personally thank you cuz i'm loving ma hair right now thnks so very much kiss kiss

this is way better than the kinky one i was using before lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

it relaxed very well  and made ma hair soft and very silkier

Lemme see Lemme see! Just show your hair!  grin grin Which did you use? For Coarse? For Fine or For Medium/Normal Strength? Did it hurt? Did you order it online? What were you using before

Did it give your hair body? (many say that instead of making your hair bon straight and limp, it gives a little body while still being straiht)

Sorry for the questions dear, gonna use mine on Sunday for the first time too. Glad you loved it  kiss kiss
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 2:09am On May 28, 2009
~Sissy~:

it relaxed very well and made ma hair soft and very silkier

Girl, where did you buy it?

I want to perm my hair next week so I want to try it, any leave in conditioner tongue
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 3:00am On May 28, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Lemme see Lemme see! Just show your hair!  grin grin Which did you use? For Coarse? For Fine or For Medium/Normal Strength? Did it hurt? Did you order it online? What were you using before

Did it give your hair body? (many say that instead of making your hair bon straight and limp, it gives a little body while still being straiht)

Sorry for the questions dear, gonna use mine on Sunday for the first time too. Glad you loved it  kiss kiss

i used it today. i got the medium/ normal type. it didn't actually hurt, and no burning. i took it to my new stylist and she used it instead of those salon ones. i also got the moistefusion conditioner. i ordered it online, i had a gift card that i was given to use on amazon, so i just used it there. but the BN site is cheaper than amazon i think. so i ordered it there cuz of the giftcard, never going back there it though. yup mine had a body, and  it actually made my hair very straight, smooth and silk. i really like it.  dnt really knw how take the pics for you to see the whole of it, plz bear with me. embarassed embarassed

mizani is a keeper for now, all thnks to you kiss kiss.  waiting to see how it will work for you. hope u will like it. next am going to try the zury weavon thing and see how it works. cheesy cheesy

FL Gators:

Girl, where did you buy it?

I want to perm my hair next week so I want to try it, any leave in conditioner tongue

i had an amazon giftcard so i ordered it from there and also i used their moisterfusion conditioner and it is actually very good, at least for my hair. so i think you should try it. but dnt think the moisterfusion is a leave in. so you could try neutrogena triple moisture Karma said it is good. am going to do the leave in , next week. prolly going to use NTM or nexxus
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:36am On May 28, 2009
Olodo odidi residency trained female ko mo camera lo  tongue Nje zury weave on?

I heard he moisture fusion conditioner is VERY good.  Good choice.

Try NTM and let them use it after wash and before rollerset.  wink
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 12:38am On May 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Olodo odidi residency trained female ko mo camera lo  tongue Nje zury weave on?

I heard he moisture fusion conditioner is VERY good.  Good choice.

Try NTM and let them use it after wash and before rollerset.  wink

OMG!!!!!!!!!!  ROTFLMFAO! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i cant take the pics so u can see it well embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

oya, 4give ma little inconvenience, pele naa tongue tongue tongue

i went to target today n got the NTM, prolly goin to use it next week, am thinking about getting NTM Deep Recovery Hair Mask too? have u tried it?

i saw the zury lace weave video at a beauty supply, so i was kinda tempted to try it n see how awful it will look undecided undecided

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMd-2_4kr0[/flash]
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:47am On May 29, 2009
I heard Mask was good. Finish your Moisturefusion first before trying another, olodo :p

abeg dont get any weave for the next 4 weeks at least.
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 1:04am On May 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

I heard Mask was good. Finish your Moisturefusion first before trying another, olodo :p

abeg dont get any weave for the next 4 weeks at least.

rotfl! grin grin grin grin grin

ok, i will keep ma longer throat for new product at bay for now embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

i was thinking about doing it 2 weeks, is that long enough?

i really get lazy sometimes to comb, flat iron n wrap ma hair every night/day cry cry cry

or is there any other quick maybe like style i can do till then?
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:30am On May 29, 2009
you dont like roller sets?

you dont have to flat iron all the time. you are killing your hair omode yii. thr braiding for the weave is too soon for your head.

get a bloody wig til then tongue
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 1:55am On May 29, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

you dont like roller sets?

you dont have to flat iron all the time. you are killing your hair omode yii. thr braiding for the weave is too soon for your head.

get a bloody wig til then  tongue

i never really like rollers, even though i heard it's good 4 ur hair.  anyhow i can do it without getting the curls?

yep, i dnt think i can do braids for now.  i did individuals last time n i nearly cried, took way too long. cant stand it again.

prolly try the wig then cool cool

[size=1pt]hope i find a good one dnt make me look too akataish[/size] lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:59am On May 30, 2009
There are some nice ones or try half-wigs esp since your hair is freshly relaxed. At least your hair underneath wont be constantly be stressed with flat itoning wink
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 3:15am On May 30, 2009
yup, i will prolly try the half ones cool cool. thnks tongue
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 30, 2009
~Sissy~:

i had an amazon giftcard so i ordered it from there and also i used their moisterfusion conditioner and it is actually very good, at least for my hair. so i think you should try it. but dnt think the moisterfusion is a leave in. so you could try neutrogena triple moisture Karma said it is good. am going to do the leave in , next week. prolly going to use NTM or nexxus
Whats the texture of your hair, it might not work for mines.

ok, you're suggesting:
1.moisterfusion conditioner. why? what does it do?

2. Neutrogena moisture. . . .why? is it leave-in?
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:09pm On May 30, 2009
Look at this razz thing. What does conditioner do? You craze?  tongue You use it after they shampoo you olodo. That one is a good one by Mizani esp after they rinse out the relaxer

NTM is a leave in they put in the hair before roller setting

Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 30, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Look at this razz thing. What does conditioner do? You craze? tongue You use it after they shampoo you olodo. That one is a good one by Mizani esp after they rinse out the relaxer

NTM is a leave in they put in the hair before roller setting

Ohhh, didn't see the "conditioner" after it.
I think I'd stick with Suave.

Roller setting? Not my thing tongue
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:16pm On May 30, 2009
How do you get curls in your hair if not for rollersetting?

Suave. This cheap monkey. What black person uses suave. sha kuro waju mi jare. Make I talk to berra people

Omo iya alakara
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 30, 2009
Make I get my bro on you?
Watch how u talk to this VIP o angry angry

I use suave. the shampoo hardens my hair but the conditioner softens it VERY well.
I don't use coils on my natural hair (I might try it sometimes)
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 11:50pm On May 30, 2009
i hate anything suave. if you are not going to try moister fusion, or the NTM, why not try any other brands?
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 1:24am On May 31, 2009
~Sissy~:

i hate anything suave. if you are not going to try moister fusion, or the NTM, why not try any other brands?
Why do you hate suave? tongue
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 2:18am On May 31, 2009
FL Gators:

Why do you hate suave? tongue

the quality of their products are horrible and waste of money IMO.
Re: My Hair Woes by Sissy3(f): 3:34am On Jun 01, 2009
Karma, did you use the mizani? how was it ?

oya it's ur turn to describe tongue tongue
Re: My Hair Woes by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 03, 2009
ok! i've got crazy hair woes! Can anyone tell me what i can use for really light hair so i can give it some weight, and my front hair is cutting badly!!! Help!!
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:48am On Aug 04, 2009
Sissy, I cant ebelieve I never gave my own review. I loved it. Nice soft and very anagable and it didnt make my hair limp and dead like most relaxers. Still had body. Love it

My sister jhated it though, she's the type that likes her hair limp and bone straight. She kept blaming me and went to do a corrective relaxer. Psycho oshi
Re: My Hair Woes by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:53am On Aug 04, 2009
ezinne1212:

ok! i've got crazy hair woes! Can anyone tell me what i can use for really light hair so i can give it some weight, and my front hair is cutting badly!!! Help!!

Use castor oil to thicken your hair. Apply it 2-3 times a week, make sure you wash your hair often though (once a week cos castpr oil is thick and bother hair growth

as for the front of your hair, do you pull it alot? (ponytails, braids, etc)?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help Me I'm Young, Female And I Think I'm Going Bald! / Butt Craze :What's The Attraction To The Butt? / The Best Fashion School In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.