Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? (1524 Views)

- / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by Juell(m): 6:35am On Oct 03, 2013
Just wondering with the level technology has gone, most people still preferred to let the sex of their unborn baby to remain a mystery till delivery day, even though it's possible to tell through scanning. I feel, maybe knowing the child's sex b4 will enable the parents prepare better, like the kinda clothes to buy etc.
Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by psucc(m): 7:10am On Oct 03, 2013
U only increase ur BP. Shikinah
Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by sunnyt1(m): 8:41am On Oct 03, 2013
And when you know your child's gender what happens next, what are u gonna do about it. change it? Start telling people? What? I mean What?

We live in a world where technology has totally destroyed logic.
Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by Juell(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2013
psucc: U only increase ur BP. Shikinah
How does one's BP increase if u know the sex of ur unborn child?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by Juell(m): 9:25am On Oct 03, 2013
sunny t: And when you know your child's gender what happens next, what are u gonna do about it. change it? Start telling people? What? I mean What?

We live in a world where technology has totally destroyed logic.

U'll prepare better I suppose, knowing what to put in place depending on the gender.
Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 03, 2013
I prefer to know,the anticipation of not knowing is killing.........

It helps you prepare better,instead of wasting your money on tasteless unisex clothes.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by Tobiegal(f): 11:55am On Oct 03, 2013
I didnt feel the need to know the sex of my first child, probably because i was really happy i was having a baby... and it didnt matter at the time if he were a boy or girl.... Eventually, turned out to be a boy.

But, now.... am so anxious i really need to know the sex of my child baby... now, basically because i hoping for a girl... (the perfect balance yeah).

so, yes, i intend to do a scan once am cleared i can get the sex... but, if it turns out to be a boy...again...

well, i would still be happy, cos i'd ave broken the 1 boy syndrome in my husband's family!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by iamteekaygal(f): 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
Knowing the gender of the baby will definately help you in preparing better, doesn't mean you'll start telling everybody. It will simply help you prepare better!

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by aadetoyin(f): 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
Its beta to know the child's sex. It will help in preparing beta like designing the nursery, buying clothes and other baby stuff.

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by greatgod2012(f): 5:17am On Oct 07, 2013
Yes, it is better to know the sex of your baby before delivery, because it will definitely help in preparation for the baby, but do we know that this scanning sometimes f*cks up; you dont?abi, ok, i will tell you my story

when i was to have my last baby, who is close to 3 years now, i did the first scan at 4 months old, and the scan revealed that it was a baby girl, we were happy, we werent actually looking for any gender because, we already had both genders, so we kept on preparing, and to cut the long story short, i did scan up to 4 times, i even did at 39 weeks, because of the weight, and they all revealed that it was a baby girl.

Ok, if my hubby was not in the labour room with me the day i put to bed, we would have thought there was a mixed up somewhere, ok, when i was to put to bed, i had already passed through the first stage of labour at home, before i asked my hubby to drive me down to the hospital, it was in the middle of the night, and many people were not on duty, plus i had already told my hubby that this time, he should be with me in the labour room, so, in the labour room, it was me, the doctor, two nurses and my hubby, immediately the baby popped out, it was my hubby that he was given to, i didnt even know until i overheard the doctor asking my hubby to give him the baby for him for clean up and scrotal check then i screamed that how can a baby girl be checked of scrotal check, and the doctor asked me not to work myself up, that, afterall there werent two women in labour in the room, i was the only one, so, it meant its what God want us to know that He reaveals to people.

And meanwhile, it wasnt in his hospital alone that i did the scans o, i did it in another hospital .

So what happens next, my MIL quickly rushed to the market to go get me baby boy's wears, because i dont really like all those unisex wears.
And what happens to the baby girls wears i had bought, i bought them in stages up to when the baby would be 1+, .........................
Gift galore!

Lesson: Trust absolutely in God: it is what God want His people to know that He reveals to people
Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2013
@,this is really an experience ! ! ! really what God wants us to know,he reveals to us.
Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 07, 2013
Juell: Just wondering with the level technology has gone, most people still preferred to let the sex of their unborn baby to remain a mystery till delivery day, even though it's possible to tell through scanning. I feel, maybe knowing the child's sex b4 will enable the parents prepare better, like the kinda clothes to buy etc.

It's really not a big deal. You can prepare with neutral colored items. Personally, I couldn't deal with the suspense, but I know people who never found out and it truly is no big deal which way people choose.
Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 07, 2013
I agree with Ileobotojo, some prefer not to know as they believe the suspense spices up the joy of birthing,suspense for me might result in cardiac arrest grin.its a matter of preference,its ok not to know if you love suspense.
Re: Is It Better To Know A Child's Sex Before Delivery? by iamteekaygal(f): 10:34am On Oct 07, 2013
@greatgod2012, wow! God is great. He truly only revelas what he wants to reveal. grin

(1) (Reply)

What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions / Family With 12boys Awaits Baby No.13. / How Do You Sleep At Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.